Why I won't buy EVGA product again.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Wolfpack Hybrid
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/08/17 12:44:44 (permalink)
Skill Testing Question: How does a EVGA 980ti Hybrid water cooled video card which isn't overclocked or used to cryptomining fry while chilling in 19C-24C basement?

Steve from Gamer's Nexus ripped apart EVGAs AIO water cooler when his video card started overheating and can't find an answer. 

Edit: Since EVGA doesn't allow links Google "Liquid Permeation Check After 1 Year: GPU Hybrid" to watch Steve's 15 min video 

Two days before highly anticipated WOW BFA launch my pride and joy EVGA 980ti HYBRID card fried. I was sitting and web surfing when I smelled burning plastic and within few seconds my PC shut off. I couldn't believe it that something in my PC died. I always spend extra money to buy premium parts as to avoid these type of problems. In my 25 years of building my PC I've only had 3 parts die.

I left the PC over night and next morning tried booting up. To my surprise I could boot into UEFI BIOS of my ASUS Hero IX. However when I tried starting the PC it wouldn't boot Windows 10. I ripped out the 980ti and booted off Intel 520 on my motherboard. Then I tried 980ti in 2nd PCIE slot. Just to trouble shoot it bit more. I was able to boot into widows desktop on standard video settings but the screen froze instantly after displaying my desktop.

I've contacted EVGA support. They have issued a RMA and directed me to their web site. I applied for Cross-Shipping because I couldn't stand playing WOW BFA on integrated video at 30fps. I wanted my 980ti back asap. After a day of waiting for verification EVGA sent back step 2-2. I was surprised it said “Standard RMA”. I've read their instructions carefully during the RMA application process. I sent in their required original purchase invoice by clicking on the link. When u send the invoice they tie that file to your product serial number. I decided to call EVGA again and inquire what happened. I was told that my Cross-Ship request was denied because I didn't provide the invoice. So EVGA never bothered contacting me and letting me know they never received it. This is strange and poor customer service. I told the representative that I did send it. He asked for me to email it to him directly. Which I did for the second time.

Next day the Cross-Ship RMA email arrived. I follow their instructions and click on their link to provide the required collateral. EVGA is asking a total of $680 USD for a 980ti Hybrid video card which is almost 3 years old. When you check on their web store the cheapest 1080ti sells for $850 USD! This shouldn't be a big deal because once they get your video card they refund the amount charged for collateral withing 7-14 days. Here is where I have a problem. I am in Canada so any exchange charges they won't pay for. Then there is a high risk chance my 980ti could get damaged in the shipping all the way to California. EVGA has stick rules on how u have to ship the card and what shape it must be in for “approval”. Therefore me paying collateral might potentially turn into spending full MSRP on a REFURBISHED 980ti they ship me. There is that small risk.

I decided to call in and ask EVGA what's the deal with this. I explained to the representative my concerns and the risks I am taking. I expressed my dissatisfaction with EVGA product and the risk of getting yet another 980ti lemon which will have only 5 months of warranty left. If they are shipping me refurbished card it means it already failed. I am already inconvenienced in having to pay high shipping cost to California because EVGA does not have a repair office in Canada. Many other hardware companies have offices in Canada why not EVGA? I will be stuck with paying exchange fees. I will have to ship the card in extra large box with proper padding around it as specified on EVGA web page. After spending all this money on EVGA top end video card I am forced to spend more and take extra risk of having my card denied RMA on arrival. I told him if you going to charge me that much then why not ship me a 1080ti. If something goes wrong with shipping my card at least I got a 1080ti not 3 year old video card. Doing so would show a very unhappy customer about being extremely inconvenienced by lemon EVGA product failing that EVGA cares about their customers and customer service. It would have been win win situation for everyone. As expected he told me they will be shipping me 980ti Hybrid and only time they would ship out 1080ti replacement is when they are out of stock on my video card.

So that's my experience with making a mistake of buying EVGA product. When I bought my card I though I was buying from highly reputable computer hardware company.  Instead my high end video card turned out to be as good as Ali Express knock off from China. Not worth it dealing with the headaches, frustration and dissatisfaction. I've decided not to take the risk of losing my collateral and going with Standard RMA and waiting 2 weeks for their lemon replacement card. Less worrying for the next few weeks if I see my money back.

P.S I forgot to mention that I filled out their 'Rate us Survey' few days ago. Gave them Rating 1 and piece of my mind. Haven't heard back from them. Doubt anyone reads these they must get thousands complains from their 1000 series fiasco. EVGA has a lot to learn from other companies about customer service.
post edited by Wolfpack Hybrid - 2018/08/17 12:47:58

43 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 12:54:26 (permalink)
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Skill Testing Question: How does a EVGA 980ti Hybrid water cooled video card which isn't overclocked or used to cryptomining fry while chilling in 19C-24C basement?

Steve from Gamer's Nexus ripped apart EVGAs AIO water cooler when his video card started overheating and can't find an answer. 

Edit: Since EVGA doesn't allow links Google "Liquid Permeation Check After 1 Year: GPU Hybrid" to watch Steve's 15 min video 

Two days before highly anticipated WOW BFA launch my pride and joy EVGA 980ti HYBRID card fried. I was sitting and web surfing when I smelled burning plastic and within few seconds my PC shut off. I couldn't believe it that something in my PC died. I always spend extra money to buy premium parts as to avoid these type of problems. In my 25 years of building my PC I've only had 3 parts die.

I left the PC over night and next morning tried booting up. To my surprise I could boot into UEFI BIOS of my ASUS Hero IX. However when I tried starting the PC it wouldn't boot Windows 10. I ripped out the 980ti and booted off Intel 520 on my motherboard. Then I tried 980ti in 2nd PCIE slot. Just to trouble shoot it bit more. I was able to boot into widows desktop on standard video settings but the screen froze instantly after displaying my desktop.

I've contacted EVGA support. They have issued a RMA and directed me to their web site. I applied for Cross-Shipping because I couldn't stand playing WOW BFA on integrated video at 30fps. I wanted my 980ti back asap. After a day of waiting for verification EVGA sent back step 2-2. I was surprised it said “Standard RMA”. I've read their instructions carefully during the RMA application process. I sent in their required original purchase invoice by clicking on the link. When u send the invoice they tie that file to your product serial number. I decided to call EVGA again and inquire what happened. I was told that my Cross-Ship request was denied because I didn't provide the invoice. So EVGA never bothered contacting me and letting me know they never received it. This is strange and poor customer service. I told the representative that I did send it. He asked for me to email it to him directly. Which I did for the second time.

Next day the Cross-Ship RMA email arrived. I follow their instructions and click on their link to provide the required collateral. EVGA is asking a total of $680 USD for a 980ti Hybrid video card which is almost 3 years old. When you check on their web store the cheapest 1080ti sells for $850 USD! This shouldn't be a big deal because once they get your video card they refund the amount charged for collateral withing 7-14 days. Here is where I have a problem. I am in Canada so any exchange charges they won't pay for. Then there is a high risk chance my 980ti could get damaged in the shipping all the way to California. EVGA has stick rules on how u have to ship the card and what shape it must be in for “approval”. Therefore me paying collateral might potentially turn into spending full MSRP on a REFURBISHED 980ti they ship me. There is that small risk.

I decided to call in and ask EVGA what's the deal with this. I explained to the representative my concerns and the risks I am taking. I expressed my dissatisfaction with EVGA product and the risk of getting yet another 980ti lemon which will have only 5 months of warranty left. If they are shipping me refurbished card it means it already failed. I am already inconvenienced in having to pay high shipping cost to California because EVGA does not have a repair office in Canada. Many other hardware companies have offices in Canada why not EVGA? I will be stuck with paying exchange fees. I will have to ship the card in extra large box with proper padding around it as specified on EVGA web page. After spending all this money on EVGA top end video card I am forced to spend more and take extra risk of having my card denied RMA on arrival. I told him if you going to charge me that much then why not ship me a 1080ti. If something goes wrong with shipping my card at least I got a 1080ti not 3 year old video card. Doing so would show a very unhappy customer about being extremely inconvenienced by lemon EVGA product failing that EVGA cares about their customers and customer service. It would have been win win situation for everyone. As expected he told me they will be shipping me 980ti Hybrid and only time they would ship out 1080ti replacement is when they are out of stock on my video card.

So that's my experience with making a mistake of buying EVGA product. When I bought my card I though I was buying from highly reputable computer hardware company.  Instead my high end video card turned out to be as good as Ali Express knock off from China. Not worth it dealing with the headaches, frustration and dissatisfaction. I've decided not to take the risk of losing my collateral and going with Standard RMA and waiting 2 weeks for their lemon replacement card. Less worrying for the next few weeks if I see my money back.

P.S I forgot to mention that I filled out their 'Rate us Survey' few days ago. Gave them Rating 1 and piece of my mind. Haven't heard back from them. Doubt anyone reads these they must get thousands complains from their 1000 series fiasco. EVGA has a lot to learn from other companies about customer service.

That's a lot of angst for what is simply just a failure. Then you're asking for a free upgrade because of what?  I've had three AIO pumps die in the last 3 months. (only one was EVGA) Fortunately the one on the 1080 TI didn't cause any damage. Parts fail and I can't see where they did anything wrong. You're asking them to ally your fears of what you *think could happen, not would will.
    There's a thing called postal insurance that is cheap, if you're concerned.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 12:55:19 (permalink)
    Sorry your card has failed,  I understand your disappointed

However,

OK, so you admit EVGA follows their Published rules for Warranty & RMA ---> What is the issue ?

You Want a Step-Up that you are not entitled to.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 13:58:51 (permalink)
    What's the issue? The entrapment and bound to fail published rules for Warranty and RMA. EVGA wants to eliminate as many attempts at RMA  and push their customers away from applying for RMA with these rules and regulations. You think it's fair they ask full MSRP from a product which is 3 years old? That must be a sick joke someone dream up in the board room. Would it hurt them to charge FAIR market value price as cross-ship collateral? I wouldn't have issue with that at all. That would be fair. That I can understand. Makes sense! EVGAs RMA rules and policies are set up to punish their customers for buying their products. IF you going to charge me more for my 980ti then you do for 1080ti on your web site then ship me video card which is same dollar value. They want collateral that I won't rip them off? Well I want the same guarantee! They don't trust their customers to be honest? Well I don't trust they will be fair and honest when they receive my mint 980ti. Customer service representative told me if the back plate is painted, scratched or even a small dent....you get denied. I suppose if they find my hair inside of the shroud they would deny the RMA too. 

Punishing your customers for your lemon products failing is not how you do business.

All my previous video cards are still working in family/friends computers but they are not displaying EVGA logo. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 14:08:25 (permalink)
    They aren’t charging you. You get the money back.

Charging you means they keep your money forever. They aren’t keeping your money unless you fail to send your card in.
    Neutro
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 436
    • Ribbons : 12
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 14:26:34 (permalink)
    Hi,

I understand why you are frustrated, i had graphic cards that died on me some time ago and when you can't sign to the raid of your guild because of it it sucks 

I didnt even know that EVGA had a cross shipping system like this, and tbh i find it awsome because they literally send you a replacement card so you can keep playing and once they get your card they give you all your money back, so it doesnt cost you anything.

So who cares about how much you give them in the meantime as long as they give it back? And if i understand correctly, if your RMA is denied they just send your card back alongside with your money.

Once again, it doesnt cost you anything (except from the postal service of course).

As this system is beneficial to you and doesnt cost you anything, why would you think you would be entitled to an upgrade? If EVGA was doing free upgrades they would be out of business for a long time already. If they give you a 1080ti in exchange of your 980Ti and also give your money back, it's a win for you and a loss for EVGA.

If you had a problem with giving them 800$ as an assurance, you could just have done what most of non evga cards owners do when their card fail and they have to RMA it: you buy another card so you can keep playing your game and when your RMA comes back you sell it! Or you can also buy a less powerful card so it doesnt cost you much but you can still play and when the RMA comes back you sell the less powerful card.

So i understand why you are angry but imho i really think that EVGA did nothing wrong to you, in fact they provided you a service that no other manufacturer is offering to my knowledge. If you didnt have an EVGA card you wouldn't even have the opportunity to do a cross shipping and would had to buy another card while yours was on RMA.

I hope your problem get sorted asap and that you can enjoy playing back WOW with your friends soon!
    post edited by Neutro - 2018/08/17 14:31:22

9900k / EVGA Z370 FTW / 4070 FE / Corsair DDR4 3200 Mhz 16GB / Phanteks P600S / EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 / WD SN850 1 TB / Asus PG248Q - pix
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 17:06:08 (permalink)
    Why not send an open letter to EVGA asking them to stop making lemon products where they cheap out on $2 thermal pads in their 1000 series cards to save them money which in turn created ALOT of inconvenience for their loyal customers? How about asking EVGA why a GLOBAL company like them does not have a foot print in Canada? I live in Toronto which is 4th largest city in North America and guess what MSI and ASUS have repair centers here. 

Why does EVGA provide this so called "great" cross-ship system? Answer is quite simple. Without cross-ship I will be waiting for MININMUM 12 days turn around time. Five days for me to ship to California using UPS Ground Standard (providing it's not held up in customs on the border). Then EVGA  spending 2 days on evaluation. Return trip to me would be another 5 days. That's one way to make us the customers feel like they offer competent and efficient RMA service.  

What have they done to me? MAJOR inconvenience, headache  and stress then they make me pay for it all. Pay extra long distance shipping from Canada. Possibly pay Duty and Tariffs at the border. EVGA also demands specific size boxes with 2 inches of bubble wrap around the product. I am sorry but I don't run UPS in my house I will have to go out and buy the packing materials. EVGA also suggests I pay for shipping insurance. 

In regards to your tip about buying a new video card while waiting. I am sorry but you assume everyone was born with a trust fund and American Express Centurion card in their wallet. You don't know my financial status. What if I am on disability pension? How about fixed income? What if I am a student living in residence on Kraft Mac N Cheese who spent every dollar he saved up on buying his computer and his precious 980ti ? Not every one is in a position to throw money around.

I wish when I was researching the purchase of my video card I run into a post like this which would warn me of these possible problems I might face when buying EVGA. I never really crossed my mind a so-called global company would not have a repair center in Canada. Have I known this I would stick to the good old trusted brands which have my Canadian back if something dies. 

Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 17:24:57 (permalink)
    Oh and I am playing WOW BFA right now at 30-35fps. Today while spending more of my valuable time dealing with this problem I managed to find a 10 YEAR OLD Sapphire 4870 Radeon video card I had lying around. Yeah some low budget brand still working PERFECTLY fine for 10 years while nearly $1200 CDN 980ti dies in 2.5 years. I guess I should be thankful to EVGA it died right before the warranty expired. It's ok they will ship me another refurbished lemon 980ti that won't live long! Unless they find my fingerprint on the back plate or hair inside the shroud and determine my card doesn't qualify for RMA in accordance with their Warranty Rules and Regulations due to "neglect for care". 

Neutro
    iCX Member
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 17:59:34 (permalink)
    I never assumed anything about your financial situation, but i guess if you have the money to buy a $1200 card, you probably might have 50$ to buy a spare GTX 670 that would run WOW BFA smoothly at 60 fps :) And then sell it after you get your 980ti back.

Also it's not because your card died that it means that EVGA products are worse than others. It means that you were unlucky! All manufacturers have defective cards, that's why they sell warranty with them! Even if you buy a Ferrari your car might have a problem, it doesnt mean that Ferrari design bad cars... It's the same thing here.

You are a sample of 1 in a million graphic cards sold by EVGA, so even if it sucks for you, it doesnt make EVGA a bad card manufacturer. But no one is forcing you to buy their card in the future anyway! You're free to buy cards from others brands but one day you'll have another defective one eventually because you can't avoid it. And you'll see that no brand can guarantee 100% defect-free cards. And also if you contact their customer support i wish for you that they'll be as effective as EVGA because they usually aren't!

Last but not least, we get that you're angry but the people who are answering and trying to help you here are not responsible for what's happening to you. We do not work for EVGA, we are simple users as you are taking some of our own free time for you. So if you want to get help from us or from EVGA i suggest that you take a deep breath and relax, as no good thing will ever come out from yelling at people, be it us, the EVGA customer support or anyone you talk to.

If you need to hit something to pass your nerves on, do it on the raid boss in WOW to break the dpsmeter, not on us ;)
    post edited by Neutro - 2018/08/17 18:39:54

9900k / EVGA Z370 FTW / 4070 FE / Corsair DDR4 3200 Mhz 16GB / Phanteks P600S / EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 / WD SN850 1 TB / Asus PG248Q - pix
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 20:50:15 (permalink)
    I feel sorry for the EVGA employee that's going to have to come in here and give you a sweat deal.

EVGA customer support reps you are the real MVP.

_JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/17 23:22:19 (permalink)
    Hello,

I'm sorry that you're not satisfied with the Cross-Ship RMA. The Cross-Ship collateral has always been the MSRP of the product, some people do find that to be not cost effective for them to be without those funds for the time it takes to fulfill the RMA process and get the deposit refunded; That is why the Standard RMA is offered. 

Our replacement cards are re-certified, outside of the first 30 days of purchase, meaning only that we have tested the card and verified that it worked on our test rigs. A RMA product always has a 30 day warranty even if the original 3 year warranty expires as well. 

If you'd like I can close your Cross-Ship RMA and set up a Standard RMA for you. 

Everything is security. 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 04:57:48 (permalink)
    Thanks Jeff

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 07:21:23 (permalink)
    Neutro
    I never assumed anything about your financial situation, but i guess if you have the money to buy a $1200 card, you probably might have 50$ to buy a spare GTX 670 that would run WOW BFA smoothly at 60 fps :) And then sell it after you get your 980ti back.

All you solutions advise me to do more of what is part of my complaint. Spending more money on this problem. Giving me more hassle to solve this issue. However I will be selling my 980ti as soon as it comes back from RMA. Since Jeff was kind enough to tell me my 4 months of warranty left will be reduced to 30 days on this RMA lemon. This displays to me how much faith EVGA has in their RMA "certified" product by not honoring the remaining warranty period but cutting it down to 30 days. I have to dump this lemon 980ti before it died again.  

NeutroAlso it's not because your card died that it means that EVGA products are worse than others. It means that you were unlucky! All manufacturers have defective cards, that's why they sell warranty with them! Even if you buy a Ferrari your car might have a problem, it doesnt mean that Ferrari design bad cars... It's the same thing here.

You must live in a bubble? I guess you missed out last year blow out where hardware review sites found EVGA GTX 1080s and 1070s allegedly exploding due to improper VRM cooling? It started on Reddit with customer reports of their VRMs hitting over 100C temp way above the card GPUs. That's because EVGA decided to skimp out on inexpensive thermal heat transfer pads on the VRMS. You can even find user posts about this very EVGA NEGLIGENCE on this very forum by going 

H »  »  »  » Warning There is a VRM PROBLEM -- Protect yourself

EVGA initially down played this and ignored customers. People reporting they wanted RMA their faulty cards and EVGA denying the RMA because if the card without the pads hasn't burned your house down yet it's STILL good to use!

NeutroYou are a sample of 1 in a million graphic cards sold by EVGA, so even if it sucks for you, it doesnt make EVGA a bad card manufacturer.

Yes it doesn't make them bad company when my card failed. It makes EVGA a bad company when they sell their video cards into Canada and do not provide an easy and simple way for me to RMA my faulty card locally. Instead they give me an laughable option of jumping through their hoops and trying to avoid their mine field of rules of warranty regulations where I will void my warranty if I step on any of these mines.

NeutroBut no one is forcing you to buy their card in the future anyway! You're free to buy cards from others brands but one day you'll have another defective one eventually because you can't avoid it. And you'll see that no brand can guarantee 100% defect-free cards. And also if you contact their customer support i wish for you that they'll be as effective as EVGA because they usually aren't!

Hence this thread name is "Why I won't buy EVGA product again" ?? You are correct other products will fail and I am FINE with that but if my MSI or ASUS hardware fails GUESS what I got repair drop off points with in 40 mile radius of me. 

MSI Computer (Canada) Corp.
    Repair Center 
    Address: 371 Alden Rd, Markham, Ontario, L3R 3L4 

ASUS Computer International, Canada Office
    70 Gough Road Markham, ON L3R 0E9 (3352.2km)
    905-489-4200
    Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm EST
    NOTE: WALK-IN SERVICE ONLY
    Products: Motherboard, Optical Storage, Notebook, Server, Graphic Card, Networking, LCD Monitors, Desktop PC, Multimedia, All-in-one PCs, Projectors, Tablet

That's the difference! They won't give me a silly and laughable option of putting $680 USD into EVGA bank account where it will collect them interest for 2-3 weeks while I wait for EVGA to refund me. 

NeutroLast but not least, we get that you're angry but the people who are answering and trying to help you here are not responsible for what's happening to you. We do not work for EVGA, we are simple users as you are taking some of our own free time for you. So if you want to get help from us or from EVGA i suggest that you take a deep breath and relax, as no good thing will ever come out from yelling at people, be it us, the EVGA customer support or anyone you talk to.

First of all no one is yelling. Second of all you aren't helping at all with these silly suggestions to this problem. You suggestions suggest I spend more money and put in more time into this issue. You are simply making up excuses for EVGA without having sufficient experience in EVGAs past indiscretions when it comes to making safe and good video cards. Since the 980Ti models are made well into 900 series life span. I bought mine 3 months before 1070/1080s were announced. I just presume they were built with the same engineering flaws as the fail 1070/1080s without sufficient VRM cooling. My WATERCOOLED card burned out! It's booting...then crashes on window loading. It's a sign pointing at some faulty VRMs in the block chain. Once my card starts accessing those VRMs it freezes.

You are however 100% correct u are just a member you aren't EVGA. EVGA won't stick their head in here and make any feasible replies to any of my important questions. You will just see some Rookie Tech named Jeff with little over a year under his EVGA experience belt and under 300 forum posts. He will make an insignificant reply and answer nothing significant giving insignificant attempt at helping with changing status of my ticket to make it look like EVGA listens and cares about my concerns. 

Like you said I am just 1 in a million video card customer. They took the same approach to the 1000 series VRM problem when it was just a handful of Reddit customers complaining and reporting. They only started caring about it when Tech Review sites picked up on it and tested the problem. When it starts hitting their pocket is when they start caring. When they hit my pocket they don't care about me.

This is why when my RMA process completes and I see the full out come of this problem including total cost to me and duration of the RMA from the time I send out my card to when I get another lemon 980ti back I will make a fresh new report on my expirience. Then I will hit every one of the two dozen significant Hardware review sites and post it on their forums. If I can spare one customer from Canada the headache of buying EVGA it will be a success. 

post edited by Wolfpack Hybrid - 2018/08/18 07:25:04
    Neutro
    iCX Member
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 07:34:20 (permalink)
    You might disagree with my suggestions and i'm open to talk about it, but calling them "silly" is pushing it too far.

Let me remind you the rules of this forum:

• Personal Attacks - Personal attacks often lead to the trading of insults, and can throw the discussion of a legitimate topic off-track.  Personal attacks can be defined as issuing a single or repeated personal attack or attacks aimed at another member, rather than at their opinions or ideas.  Criticizing a member's post is not considered a personal attack, but using terms such as "child," "idiot," "fanboy," for example, or any other derogatory term designed to discredit a member, is not permitted.  Furthermore, comments of a racist or sexist nature, as well as derogatory comments about national origin or sexual orientation, will be dealt with harshly as in a ban from the forums.

Anyway my patience has its limits. I sincerely wish you all the best.
    post edited by Neutro - 2018/08/18 07:40:07

Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 07:40:07 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JeffP
    Hello,

I'm sorry that you're not satisfied with the Cross-Ship RMA. The Cross-Ship collateral has always been the MSRP of the product, some people do find that to be not cost effective for them to be without those funds for the time it takes to fulfill the RMA process and get the deposit refunded; That is why the Standard RMA is offered. 

Thank you Jeff for picking the easiest and most insignificant part of my multiple posts to reply to so EVGA can make it look like gave attention to my issues.

EVGATech_JeffPOur replacement cards are re-certified, outside of the first 30 days of purchase, meaning only that we have tested the card and verified that it worked on our test rigs. A RMA product always has a 30 day warranty even if the original 3 year warranty expires as well. 

Thanks Jeff for responding in such way to make this bad news seem like good news! So my remaining 4 months of warranty will be turned into 30 days? That's how I understood this post. If that's the case thanks for adding fuel to my fire Jeff. 

EVGATech_JeffPIf you'd like I can close your Cross-Ship RMA and set up a Standard RMA for you. 

Thanks Jeff for trying to do as little a possible not answering any of the significant questions but making it look like you will help me with something I can do myself. You might not know this since you are I presume part of EVGA for little over a year but on my RMA ticket there are three options at the bottom one of which is "Update to Standard RMA". Lets hope at this this works in EVGA and when I click it it will do what it implies. Thanks for your help Jeff you did good! You made it look like EVGA listens and cares! 

One more question don't worry I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer. Why do two out of the continent companies from Asia have proper customer care centers 40 miles from me in the 4th largest city in North America (Toronto) and EVGA does not? I am sure with the failure rate of your 1070/1080 this repair center would be quite busy and convenient for your Canadian customers. Hey perhaps EVGA can contact MSI and ASUS and have a meeting with their customer service team and get some tips and ideas how it works?

Thanks again JeffP for whatever u did.
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 07:48:51 (permalink)
    Neutro
    You might disagree with my suggestions and i'm open to talk about it, but calling them "silly" is pushing it too far.

Let me remind you the rules of this forum:

• Personal Attacks - Personal attacks often lead to the trading of insults, and can throw the discussion of a legitimate topic off-track.  Personal attacks can be defined as issuing a single or repeated personal attack or attacks aimed at another member, rather than at their opinions or ideas.  Criticizing a member's post is not considered a personal attack, but using terms such as "child," "idiot," "fanboy," for example, or any other derogatory term designed to discredit a member, is not permitted.  Furthermore, comments of a racist or sexist nature, as well as derogatory comments about national origin or sexual orientation, will be dealt with harshly as in a ban from the forums.

Anyway my patience has its limits. I sincerely wish you all the best.

Hahaahah here you go again not reading or understanding something just like I felt every time you responded to my posts "Did this guy read my post? Does this guy grasp and understand what I am complaining about?".  

Thank you for making me laugh during this very stressful ordeal. I would give u a star on your EVGA board if I could
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 07:55:37 (permalink)
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    EVGATech_JeffP
    Hello,

Thank you Jeff for picking the easiest and most insignificant part of my multiple posts to reply to so EVGA can make it look like gave attention to my issues.

EVGATech_JeffPOur replacement cards are re-certified, outside of the first 30 days of purchase, meaning only that we have tested the card and verified that it worked on our test rigs. A RMA product always has a 30 day warranty even if the original 3 year warranty expires as well. 

Thanks Jeff for responding in such way to make this bad news seem like good news! So my remaining 4 months of warranty will be turned into 30 days? That's how I understood this post. If that's the case thanks for adding fuel to my fire Jeff. 

EVGATech_JeffPIf you'd like I can close your Cross-Ship RMA and set up a Standard RMA for you. 

Thanks Jeff for trying to do as little a possible not answering any of the significant questions but making it look like you will help me with something I can do myself. You might not know this since you are I presume part of EVGA for little over a year but on my RMA ticket there are three options at the bottom one of which is "Update to Standard RMA". Lets hope at this this works in EVGA and when I click it it will do what it implies. Thanks for your help Jeff you did good! You made it look like EVGA listens and cares! 

One more question don't worry I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer. Why do two out of the continent companies from Asia have proper customer care centers 40 miles from me in the 4th largest city in North America (Toronto) and EVGA does not? I am sure with the failure rate of your 1070/1080 this repair center would be quite busy and convenient for your Canadian customers. Hey perhaps EVGA can contact MSI and ASUS and have a meeting with their customer service team and get some tips and ideas how it works?

Thanks again JeffP for whatever u did.

1: EVGA is simply telling you why the procedure is there. Please remember that many other companies don't have this procedure at all and in fact only a standard RMA is processed with those companies.

2: You probably didn't understand EVGA Tech Jeff. Let's say for example your warranty runs out in 5 days and you RMA your product. The replacement is warrantied for 30 days so the RMA extends the warranty.

3: The EVGA Tech is trying to solve your issue by offering the standard RMA

If you still feel that your issue is not being solved in the best way possible please contact EVGA tech support or contact one of the mods like myself and we'll forward your situation to EVGA.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

TheParagonHero
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 246
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 10:14:05 (permalink)
    All this arguing will only delay the RMA process for you longer. If you plan on actually sending the card in, you have nothing to worry about, as far as getting your money back.

In my experience, temper tantrums have only delayed solutions. Simmering down and just listening is where things start going well.

Just think about it for a moment: is this current course of action working for you now?

EVGA provided my first GPU, they'll provide my last. And I'll be buying GPUs for decades to come.

ASUS ROG Maximus VII HERO - Intel Core i7 4790k /w Corsair Hydro H105
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133MHz - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Black Edition

Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/18 10:14:10 (permalink)
    kinda got to look at the 900 series posts here on dead or dyeing  or burned cards .    these evga 900 series looking to be  a 3 and out series  ?  [if yours luckily  makes to or past 3 years ] I got one and so far still so good but I do know knock on wood every time I fire up with it  and its still good to go .    hindsight being 20/20  I do wonder if going with this evga going on a great sale  over the msi   was the best thing to do out side of money saved over the msi .

'' I managed to find a 10 YEAR OLD Sapphire 4870 Radeon video card I had lying around. Yeah some low budget brand still working PERFECTLY fine for 10 years while nearly $1200 CDN 980ti dies in 2.5 years''

with that don't forget its all about the ''cheaper'' 'better'' product  -  = more  cheaper china  parts  and manufacturing   better for evga   better profit margins with out reducing the cards prices over the last series  then now a run of the mill 3 year warrantee  when it use to be lifetime  [that's your first clue on what it ='s to ]    they know they can back a lifetime anymore  like back when solid   jap components were more used .     also look how today that something like RGB lighting is now the strong selling points over service , support and quality . 

its getting so sad that I don't even look forward to upgrading or doing a new build anymore after 16 years of doing so . matter of fact  ones this stuff I all ready got dies  I don't see it at all .   then add that malware service called win-10 on top  ...lol.....

''Thanks Jeff for trying to do as little a possible not answering any of the significant questions but making it look like you will help me with something I can do myself.''

that's how it works   , like from here it kinda got pointed out  on evga help  just what ever gets you off there back  or satisfies someone at a moment

puddles post 1st page at bottom

https://forums.evga.com/New-980-ti-hybrid-radiator-fan-constantly-on-full-speed-m2453739.aspx

like me I don't rma or cry much  just try to call it as I see it   -  thing is part dies / goes bad  , scratch head  , chunk in junk box for any future parts  ,  go to new egg  buy replacement  , know better next time .

that's with any brand  .   it will work and last as you expect or it don't  and EVGA still seems to have the better quickest easy RMA policy to deal with  .    thing is  you  use to get a rma card  [referb/ b-stock ] with your first quality cards remaining warrantee 

[from evga] ''Our replacement cards are re-certified, outside of the first 30 days of purchase''    AFTER 30 day of the date you bought the card   with in 30 days you get a new ''first quality '' replacement card   [ even thought EVGA claims  they don't not have anything that a new first quality products ?  go figure .  I guess there all referb or b stock cards  not new never used fresh off the factory un blemished  retail .  and all 2ed or 3ed quality cards ]

The length of the Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from the date of purchase:
    • 3 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5 -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
    • 2 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
    • 1 Year Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX
    • 90 Day Standard Limited Warranty Product Suffix: -RB

in the end with any brand you buy the best part that fits your needs for  the best pricing   and hope it works as expected and reliable  .   that's the chance we all take   . don't think I never got some junk  in my time that pissed me off  and cost me  .. I got a junk closet full

Dave3d
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/20 16:24:58 (permalink)
    I am on my 6th Titan X card, 6 months after I bought it it went bad. They never gave me a 1080, or 1070. And my card costs LOTS more than yours did. 
    I do agree on the sending bad cards back to people though. Had it happen 5 times. Card still doesnt run right.
    But, that doesnt entitle me to a 1080 or 1080TI. Believe me, I wish it did, because these cards have been SO bad.
    Just rma and hope for the best, or like someone pointed out, sell the card you get back and buy a different one.

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/21 20:06:07 (permalink)
    TheParagonHero
    All this arguing will only delay the RMA process for you longer. If you plan on actually sending the card in, you have nothing to worry about, as far as getting your money back.

I am expressing my freedom as a customer. I gave up the day I posted this with having a fast and efficient service from EVGA. Oh I have plenty to worry about that's why I am going with Standard RMA to avoid some of the worrying. 

TheParagonHeroIn my experience, temper tantrums have only delayed solutions. Simmering down and just listening is where things start going well.

I found the solution and things will go well when I decided to stick with best hardware companies like ASUS and MSI instead of some out of the basement hardware makers like EVGA. These guys make garbage hardware and punish customers for giving them our dollars. Only time these companies learn lessons and improve their production and practices is when they get hit in the pocket book. Just look up and down these forums. Many people reporting their cards frying.

TheParagonHeroJust think about it for a moment: is this current course of action working for you now?

Just think for a moment: when I made my post I stop caring about my post working in my favor. I am simple informing people of my experience with EVGA product and support and warning them to STAY AWAY from their lemon graphics cards!

TheParagonHeroEVGA provided my first GPU, they'll provide my last. And I'll be buying GPUs for decades to come.

EVGA provide me with my last video card and my last EVGA product. 

Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/21 20:19:05 (permalink)
    Dr.Death
    kinda got to look at the 900 series posts here on dead or dyeing  or burned cards .    these evga 900 series looking to be  a 3 and out series  ?  [if yours luckily  makes to or past 3 years ] I got one and so far still so good but I do know knock on wood every time I fire up with it  and its still good to go .    hindsight being 20/20  I do wonder if going with this evga going on a great sale  over the msi   was the best thing to do out side of money saved over the msi .

Yep that's just the reason for all these posts everywhere on this forums with burning 900 series cards. EVGA trying to cut their expense costs by building their lemons with inferior and cheap components.  I understand that's how it is in business. However when I bought their higher end card I expect high end hardware under the shroud/back plate. If I bought a $400 video card I would expect it to fail sooner or later.

Just like me buying Corsair AX1200i PSU I spent more because of the Japanese made components inside. I know I can trust it. If I wanted possible lemons I would go with their RM series.

When I got my Samsung 950Pro 512GB I bought it for performance and quality. I could have gone with EVO for economy but I wouldn't expect it to last as long as PRO. 

When I bought my ASUS Hero IX z270 I bought high end mobo because I expect it to work for more than 3 years. I didn't go with their low end economy motherboards because the parts are inferior.

This is why I have a bone to pick with EVGA they make high end of their products still using garbage parts. The results of their dirty greedy practices are splattered all over this forum with people posting about their frying 900 series. The 1000 series forums were choke full of customers who also had frying cards because EVGA saved $2 on proper thermal pads.

Now if I am going to buy lemons I want to make sure I got the lemon customer service in Toronto or any other Canadian city not across the border. This is yet ANOTHER way EVGA shows me they care less about their customers because they do not have repair centers here in Canada. People have to know about this so they don't make the same mistake I've made.  

Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/21 20:26:00 (permalink)
    Dave3d
    I am on my 6th Titan X card, 6 months after I bought it it went bad. They never gave me a 1080, or 1070. And my card costs LOTS more than yours did. 
    I do agree on the sending bad cards back to people though. Had it happen 5 times. Card still doesnt run right.
    But, that doesnt entitle me to a 1080 or 1080TI. Believe me, I wish it did, because these cards have been SO bad.
    Just rma and hope for the best, or like someone pointed out, sell the card you get back and buy a different one.

You are part of the problem in my opinion. You are the type of customer EVGA loves. You take it never complain when you have every right to compain. This is why they get away with this practice of selling defective hardware. 

If I was on 6th RMA Titan X I would make sure others on every hardware review site hear about this. The revolution starts with one person. Start hitting EVGA in the pocket. When their market share for video cards starts dropping they will care. 
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/21 20:40:15 (permalink)
    Just another example of the mess that is EVGA RMA procedure

Below you can find a screenshots with two Standard RMA notices. One with the original Standard RMA (even though I applied for Cross-Shipping they deny it claiming I never sent in invoice). This email informed me I have 14 days to ship my product. The second part of the screenshot is the current RMA after I opted out of Cross-Ship RMA. This one stated I have 45 days to ship my product. The new instructions tell me to print off shipping label and provided packing images. These two Standard RMAs almost look like they came from two different companies.

I won't take risk and make sure I ship with in 14 days.

What a mess EVGA!

post edited by Wolfpack Hybrid - 2018/08/21 20:43:00

Attached Image(s)

Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/22 07:30:45 (permalink)
    ''When I bought my ASUS Hero IX z270''

sad thing here is you going with that malware cloud service called windows 10  - so that makes it hard to blame hardware .  each time you go on the internet no telling whats being done to you and you harddrive .  then you add something like steam client  '' without limitation''    [system security ? stability ? .  ya, sure I will allow you ..lol.. not ]   understand in a legal contract what that term means . you gave complete and untethered control of you hard drive  / computer  / whoever 3ed party stranger in someplace like Pakistan..  I AGREE  

you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.
    For reasons that include, without limitation, system security, stability, and multiplayer interoperability, Steam may need to automatically update, pre-load, create new versions of or otherwise enhance the Content and Services and accordingly, the system requirements to use the Content and Services may change over time. You consent to such automatic updating
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/24 11:08:15 (permalink)
    To avoid all of these you would have to live off the grid in a shack located at some back woods somewhere where you grow your own food and hunting wild game. Invasion of privacy comes at us from million different ways not just windows 10 and steam. 

This is going off topic. Starts a new thread about it elsewhere. Thanks.
    maxfly
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/25 05:24:44 (permalink)
    stick to what you know i guess. what i know is asus and msi cs doesnt compare to evga. if limiting your options to asus and msi is your plan you may want to widen your scope some. im not trying to be mean but i guarantee you will eventually lose an asus/msi product. sadly asus cs is absolute rubbish. biggest mb supplier and the worst cs in the biz. msi is better but not by much, they at least try. they have a somewhat helpful forum(if you know how to navigate it). asus has one as well but its useless.
     good luck with the replacement.

I7 8086K- MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC-2x GTX 980 TI
    4x8GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000c19
    Samsung 500GB 960 EVO NVMe M.2
    WD Blue 1TB- EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Thermaltake X71 Tempered Glass Edition Black

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
    EK Supremacy EVO Nickel- EK-FC980 GTX TI x2
    XSPC RX360- HWLabs SR2 420- HWLabs GTR 240

Dave3d
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/27 13:19:53 (permalink)
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Dave3d

You are part of the problem in my opinion. You are the type of customer EVGA loves. You take it never complain when you have every right to compain. This is why they get away with this practice of selling defective hardware. 

If I was on 6th RMA Titan X I would make sure others on every hardware review site hear about this. The revolution starts with one person. Start hitting EVGA in the pocket. When their market share for video cards starts dropping they will care. 

LOL.
    Check my 2 posts about all the cards I got back (the main one is here: https://forums.evga.com/Titan-X-not-going-pcie-3x-anymore-2nd-card-m2632748.aspx ).

I did not go down quietly. Evga BEAT me down, as well as some fanboi's (although there are some truly helpful people in here, and I thank them a LOT, they know who they are).
    All I want, and HAVE wanted, is a working video card, that wont mess up in games I play, will always load meshes and stuff, and wont drop 100FPS for no reason, and the card wont throttle because it gets too hot just LAUNCHING a game, let alone playing a game, and one I dont have to mod and run a 3rd party software to force it to play halfway decent.
    But, I never got that. I got WAY worse service than you. Treated WAY worse than you. For WAY longer than you.
    But, YOU expect a NEW 1000 series card because, what, you just had to RMA for the 1st time?
    LOL
    Entitled much?
    Step in my shoes and THEN complain about what cruddy service you got/get, and demand a different card (which I asked to be sent a LESSER card than mine JUST to test with and they would not even do that).

So, yeah, go have a pity party for yourself.
    You dont deserve anything.

I7 9700k water cooled-32GB Ram-Zotac 2080 x2 SLI-Asrock Z390 SLI mobo-EVGA 1600W G2 psu-ABS Glass case-2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor-Windows 10 Home
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/30 06:30:04 (permalink)
    maxfly
    stick to what you know i guess. what i know is asus and msi cs doesnt compare to evga. if limiting your options to asus and msi is your plan you may want to widen your scope some. im not trying to be mean but i guarantee you will eventually lose an asus/msi product. sadly asus cs is absolute rubbish. biggest mb supplier and the worst cs in the biz. msi is better but not by much, they at least try. they have a somewhat helpful forum(if you know how to navigate it). asus has one as well but its useless.
     good luck with the replacement.

My main concern is having a product from a company that has a RMA center with in Canada and hopefully Toronto. I want to be able to drive up and turn my defective product within 30 mins not spending:

$45 CDN for UPS Ground shipping  (7-8 days to get to EVGA)
    $18 Insurance (I only claimed $600 other wise it would have been $36 if I claimed full $1200
    $?  Duty (Very possible I will be paying duty on the returning product)

You say EVGA has good customer service that's probably true when u are in America. However when they don't have a Canadian repair center in my view that is terrible customer service. They are saving costs on our backs. We have to pay up when their lemon products fail. 
    Wolfpack Hybrid
    Re: Why I won't buy EVGA product again. 2018/08/30 06:46:17 (permalink)
    Dave3d

Check my 2 posts about all the cards I got back (the main one is here: https://forums.evga.com/Titan-X-not-going-pcie-3x-anymore-2nd-card-m2632748.aspx ).

I did read something earlier where I think it turned out that EVGA PSU was frying your Titans? If I am not mistaken and got the right post.

Dave3dI did not go down quietly. Evga BEAT me down, as well as some fanboi's (although there are some truly helpful people in here, and I thank them a LOT, they know who they are).
    All I want, and HAVE wanted, is a working video card, that wont mess up in games I play, will always load meshes and stuff, and wont drop 100FPS for no reason, and the card wont throttle because it gets too hot just LAUNCHING a game, let alone playing a game, and one I dont have to mod and run a 3rd party software to force it to play halfway decent.
    But, I never got that. I got WAY worse service than you. Treated WAY worse than you. For WAY longer than you.
    But, YOU expect a NEW 1000 series card because, what, you just had to RMA for the 1st time?

Oh that's nice! So you made bunch of post here and spoke to EVGA? That's the extent of what u consider not going down quietly?  Did you look into possible legal avenue? Did you contact the media? Nope? Oh fantastic so in my view u didn't do anything at all.

There are many hardware review sites and perhaps one of these guys might be interested in picking up this story like they have with the Reddit post when 1000 series were burning out. 

Dave3dEntitled much?
    So, yeah, go have a pity party for yourself.
    You dont deserve anything.

Yes I am entitled to having a fully working video card. I am entitled to repair center in Canada if EVGA will sell their lemons in Canada. Yes I deserve what I paid for. 

Sounds to me like you are a guy who just accepts their fate and settles for less. Sorry but that's not me!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile