LockedWhy EVGA does not ship a new product through RMA

Author
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/05/14 14:04:06 (permalink)
I just wanted some clarification because as this answer we can not find in any way on the site, why EVGA sends products reformed, spoiled and out of the original box, in my country at least some manufacturers to take very good care of their customers like Corsair, send us new products sealed and much higher than the old, EVGA seems to have a strange inventory system because for some countries the product comes from another RMA, and for others the product is new, by the internal policy of EVGA this is allowed but for the consumer defense code of some countries this is not, would not it be easier to please the customer once only as other manufacturers do, even if the company would give up some factors than to pay fortunes through the courts? You could avoid a lot of problems and dissatisfactions, except that Corsair sends us a new superior product and full warranty, you send us used products that use only the remaining warranty of the old product, I think you do not trust the products themselves that produce so EVGA acts this way.

26 Replies Related Threads

JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Why EVGA does not ship a new product through RMA 2019/05/14 15:00:40 (permalink)
    Hello Leonardohlb!

I do want to give some clarification about how our warranty process works. For our warranty process, we do have RMA stock separate from our store stock. For our RMA process, we will always prioritize sending you the exact same Part Number back to you. In the event that we do not have stock available of the same part number for your RMA, we will send a replacement of equal performance.

Now, please keep in mind that our RMA stock is constantly changing. During the RMA process, we typically will ship replacements from our location within 1-2 business days. During these 1-2 business days, if we have the stock available to ship our the same part number, we will do so. If, for whatever reason we do not have that part number available, may change your part number. This is typically where you will see users with part number changes from their RMAs.

With RMAs, we will send out recertified units (units that have come to our facility, and passed our extensive internal testing) as replacements. In the event that the product you sent to us has failed within the first 30 days of purchase, we will send out a brand new unit if we have stock available to do so. Please also note that ALL of our products that are sent out for RMAs are packaged / sealed, and in an unopened condition.

As this is dependent on stock levels, there are many factors to this such as; new products being released, a sudden increase in demand for cards, a sudden increase in RMAs, etc. These can all effect the stock we have available to send out as a replacement. As there are many variables, many user's experiences vary in terms of the replacement that gets sent back. A majority of users get the same card back from RMA, but on occasion, it is possible for users to receive a different card back for an RMA.

I do hope this helps clear up the RMA process / system with you and helps bring a little more transparency to the system and how it works. If you have additional questions, you can always contact us via support ticket, email, or phone. We are available to answer any questions you have and to help out where we can.

-Jacob B.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Why EVGA does not ship a new product through RMA 2019/05/14 15:22:59 (permalink)
    You answered only the first part of the question.
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Why EVGA does not ship a new product through RMA 2019/05/14 15:43:34 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb

I only did see an initial question located in the beginning of your post. The portion after seemed to be more along the lines of a statement / suggestion. If this is the case, this would be best submit in this location here: Suggestions and Complaints. All submissions through this link do get read and passed over to our management team.

If you would like to rephrase the second portion of your post into a question, I would be happy to answer it to the best of my abilities. :)

-Jacob B.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/14 19:10:07 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JacobB
    Leonardohlb

I only did see an initial question located in the beginning of your post. The portion after seemed to be more along the lines of a statement / suggestion. If this is the case, this would be best submit in this location here: Suggestions and Complaints. All submissions through this link do get read and passed over to our management team.

If you would like to rephrase the second portion of your post into a question, I would be happy to answer it to the best of my abilities. :)

-Jacob B.

Apparently my problem seems to be solved, I will come back here in a few days to say what the result was, but I am concerned about other consumers in my country as this should not happen, we deserve the same kind of assurance that is provided for Americans and different warranty policy must not exist.
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/14 19:18:51
    davevt31
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1130
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/15 00:14:26 (permalink)
    We Americans get refurbed cards for RMAs when its past the 30 days.  They come in plain brown boxes, so they treat all RMAs the same all over.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/15 01:00:37 (permalink)
    I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that the RMA has passed internal testing. So it at least meets the standards that EVGA sets on the products in a new retail box. Another thing to keep in mind is regardless of the company new in box doesn't mean perfect products are a given. You mentioned Corsair sending new sealed product in a box for an RMA but the only reason why a product would be returned is that a new in box product had failed in the first place. At least the replacement you would receive from EVGA has passed internal testing of it. ( I want to say I like Corsair and don't want to sound like I am attacking a brand. Just any brand has a failure rate for products and it's why they offer a warranty in the first place)
    post edited by Hoggle - 2019/05/15 01:02:22

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/15 03:07:30 (permalink)
    davevt31
    We Americans get refurbed cards for RMAs when its past the 30 days.  They come in plain brown boxes, so they treat all RMAs the same all over.

Video card scratched? EVGA support in Brazil promised me at least one new card free of problems and use marks, which did not happen, I also have a specific problem that seems to affect many other users, I changed all my hardware including the monitor and nothing solved, until I came to the conclusion that I needed to change the video card to try to remedy my problem, coincidentally this problem only appeared to me with the 1070 FTW and EVGA 1080 TI REF models, since the first RMA that I requested at least a 2080 or the refund, but EVGA claims that they can not return because I did not buy on the site, so they sent me another model of the 1080 SC2 which did not solve my problem, I thought about reselling the video card but how could I do it if it was scratched and out of the original box, if I knew they would not send the original box I would not have sent in my brand new box and kept it, I regret sending it but patience.
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/15 03:10:28

Attached Image(s)

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/15 03:17:21 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that the RMA has passed internal testing. So it at least meets the standards that EVGA sets on the products in a new retail box. Another thing to keep in mind is regardless of the company new in box doesn't mean perfect products are a given. You mentioned Corsair sending new sealed product in a box for an RMA but the only reason why a product would be returned is that a new in box product had failed in the first place. At least the replacement you would receive from EVGA has passed internal testing of it. ( I want to say I like Corsair and don't want to sound like I am attacking a brand. Just any brand has a failure rate for products and it's why they offer a warranty in the first place)

I do not know of a warranty like Corsair, I had an HX620 for 5 years and 6 months, after 6 months that the warranty expired, Corsair was willing to change out of the warranty period, I received an HX650 again with the full warranty of the product without question, are these things that make us think a lot about some manufacturers that are unable to honor with their commitments, I always had EVGA as the best manufacturer and the best post sales among all brands, but after this my bad experience I hope EVGA will correct that and I will return to it as the best of all in the way I have always considered it.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/15 03:33:57 (permalink)
    I honestly do not know any company that will give a refund on a product that they did not directly sell from their own site or store. That isn’t logical as the retailer that sold it would still make their profit while the refunding store lost extra money.

Refunds typically only come from the seller.

I know that doesn’t address the rest of your post, but requesting EVGA (or any company) to refund a product that another retailer sold does not make sense from a business stand point. Retailers that make the sale should complete the refund.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/05/15 03:38:08
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/15 04:11:58 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    I honestly do not know any company that will give a refund on a product that they did not directly sell from their own site or store. That isn’t logical as the retailer that sold it would still make their profit while the refunding store lost extra money.

Refunds typically only come from the seller.

I know that doesn’t address the rest of your post, but requesting EVGA (or any company) to refund a product that another retailer sold does not make sense from a business stand point. Retailers that make the sale should complete the refund.

I do not have much more to say, as you can see in my panel, I am waiting for the PN that is in it to reconsider the problems that I had, this everything I went through could be avoided if the EVGA heard me at least my request and comments about my problem, it seems that the support staff did not show the minimum of knowledge when asking me several times the same question with clear answers about what I was going through, but anyway, watch this video if you can understand our language or someone that does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSw7FPEsajc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdcLE88vtvQ
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/15 04:25:55
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Por que a EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto através de RMA 2019/05/15 05:15:51 (permalink)
    Unfortunately I do not speak or understand the language.

I know EVGA is required to abide by the laws of your country, which may not meet your standards or requests. Hopefully your issues can be resolved in the near future.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/18 18:25:16 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb
    davevt31

Video card scratched?

Yes, not uncommon in America.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/18 18:48:45 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Leonardohlb
    davevt31

Video card scratched?

Sorry friend, but if the EVGA asks the customer to send the original product and well packaged so as not to have problems in shipping why should I accept a scratched product?
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/19 06:06:15 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb
    ty_ger07
    Leonardohlb
    davevt31

Video card scratched?

Sorry friend, but if the EVGA asks the customer to send the original product and well packaged so as not to have problems in shipping why should I accept a scratched product?

You fight whatever fight you want. All I am saying is that you are being treated the same in Brazil as every other EVGA customer in any other part of the world. Please stop making it about Brazil versus the world.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/19 07:26:32 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Leonardohlb
    ty_ger07
    Leonardohlb
    davevt31

Video card scratched?

You fight whatever fight you want. All I am saying is that you are being treated the same in Brazil as every other EVGA customer in any other part of the world. Please stop making it about Brazil versus the world.

From the moment that EVGA creates a system of differentiated exchange favoring customers from another country and keeping mine out of this type of EAR guarantee, it is not respecting its customers that it has to pay the same price that you have paid, that does not have the reimbursement of freight paid for sending the defective product when in my country this is mandatory, if all EVGA customers in Brazil did what I am doing this difference of support, warranty, etc, would not exist for us, unfortunately not everyone has the sufficient knowledge to demand from a company that receives our money almost all of life and lives at the expense of our feedbacks, I am in my right to complain and EVGA in the obligation to hear my complaint, please stop defending a cause that you are unaware.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/19 07:40:43 (permalink)
    Yes you have the ability to Voice your concern & opinion on the EVGA Forums as long as the Forum Rules are not Violated

EVGA has published the Terms of Warranty - Select Area of the World - then product type  https://www.evga.com/warranty/

EVGA is Very Customer-Centric, they are Not required to go beyond the terms of these stated policies. 

As forums Members we can discuss issues & give opinions but we do Not make Policy.

Please Quote the section of the Published EVGA Warranty that you believe is Not being Provided to you under your RMA

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/19 07:52:09 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Yes you have the ability to Voice your concern & opinion on the EVGA Forums as long as the Forum Rules are not Violated

EVGA has published the Terms of Warranty - Select Area of the World - then product type  https://www.evga.com/warranty/

EVGA is Very Customer-Centric, they are Not required to go beyond the terms of these stated policies. 

As forums Members we can discuss issues & give opinions but we do Not make Policy.

Please Quote the section of the Published EVGA Warranty that you believe is Not being Provided to you under your RMA

I have read the EVGA policy on the website, but this policy was created by EVGA to defend the interests of the company in the best possible way, but these written rules go against the laws of my country as reimbursement of freight or non-refund of the amount paid for the product, I still received a defective product, that would be enough for a lawsuit with the justice of my country, so I am trying to solve my problem with a friendly conversation first of all.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/19 08:04:24 (permalink)
    OK
    Thank you for the information that is specific to your Country.

You have been in contact Directly with EVGA about your Concerns about your Country's Consumer Laws ?

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

There is Nothing members of the Forums can do to assist you in this manner - we do not set policy

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Why EVGA does not ship a new product through RMA 2019/05/19 08:11:04 (permalink)
    Leonardohlb
    From the moment that EVGA creates a system of differentiated exchange favoring customers from another country and keeping mine out...

Again, as far as you have explained, it sounds like you are being treated exactly like any customer in the US would be treated. In the US, we pay for shipping. In the US we get used scratched cards from RMA if the original card was greater than 30 days old. In the US we get a used GTX 1080 Ti instead if a brand new RTX 2080.

It seems that you are being treated equal to us, but yet you are demanding to be treated better than us.  ... under the guise of demanding to be treated equal.

If you think that EVGA is violating one of your local laws, by all means, seek some legal guidance on the matter.  That's one thing.  But saying that you are mad at EVGA for not treating you like they treat US customers, that's just flat out wrong.  You have some strange imagination about how US customers are being treated in comparison to you.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/05/19 17:55:53

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/19 08:36:27 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    OK
    Thank you for the information that is specific to your Country.

You have been in contact Directly with EVGA about your Concerns about your Country's Consumer Laws ?

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

There is Nothing members of the Forums can do to assist you in this manner - we do not set policy

I know that here in the forum people can not help me, but it was a place I found to expose what was happening, but as I said, the problem is already being solved, if you want you can close the topic to avoid further confusion, you can close all topics, from the moment receive my product I do not come to the forum anymore, in 7 years I never had to come here for anything when I come to exercise my right you want me to shut up, you can close all others, thank you.
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/19 08:41:51
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/28 16:09:57 (permalink)
    Ok all problems resolved, no more comments, just my thanks to all the staff involved in my RMA that made me change my mind about the problem I had initially, 1080TI RMA getting a 2080TI, please close the topic, thank you.

post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/28 16:12:47

Attached Image(s)

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/28 18:33:02 (permalink)
    I am glad for you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that instead of getting the grease, the squeaky wheel should sometimes be replaced.

EVGA bending over backwards for you might give the next person the idea that they should get the same upgrade that you got, when really it wasn't warranted.

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/28 19:06:04 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    I am glad for you.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that instead of getting the grease, the squeaky wheel should sometimes be replaced.

EVGA bending over backwards for you might give the next person the idea that they should get the same upgrade that you got, when really it wasn't warranted.

I have been talking to a representative of another brand here in my country, in case of RMA the defective product does not receive repair, but the immediate exchange for a product equal or superior like any other brand, but when receiving a used product must be in better conditions of use and handling what has not happened to me, I received a scratched 1080TI and requested the exchange again, in my case I paid for the freight yes, but if the EVGA was a correct company with all its consumers, it should by law return the amount paid for the freight, the company policy goes against various local laws of my country, another thing, I received a new product apparently and sealed inside the original box, according to this representative of another brand in my country, EVGA you should provide me with a local invoice and a new guarantee, but that is details that I will not do for the simple fact of having received a product well above my defective old, if every citizen feels the right to fight for their rights as I did, EVGA would not establish such policies that only defend the interests of the company, I would be happy just with a 2080, as I told them through the support ticket that my interest was not to be benefited, I just wanted my right equal to all others who received a new series product.
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/28 19:09:25
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/29 05:47:25 (permalink)
    I just wanted my right equal to all others who received a new series product.

Oh, you are hopeless.

Good for you. Talks to self: ...Mumbles... grumbles.... ... move on....

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/30 16:39:10 (permalink)
    Well, I'm having a problem maybe when I removed the cooler to check the folder had an air pocket and the VRM's thermal pad was off the site covering only half of the chips, I put it back in place but it looks like it does not look very good after the use, another thermal pad on top of the inductors I do not know what happened but it spread getting a thin layer on top of them, I sent a ticket for the support they said they immediately did not have it available but I did not bother to wait until at my country does not sell quality thermal pads and I can not put anything on this board, do I have any chance of receiving this in the long run?

Sorry, I posted in the wrong place, if any adm can move to the other post I'm grateful.

Update: Ok the support ticket people have already answered me, everything is resolved, if any adm can close the topic to avoid unnecessary comments I will also be grateful.
    post edited by Leonardohlb - 2019/05/30 16:45:15

Attached Image(s)

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Por que uma EVGA não é fornecido um novo produto Amendment de RMA 2019/05/30 17:37:02 (permalink)
    Locking per OP's request.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile