EVGA

Hot!When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart again?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
USALion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 265
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/17 08:18:27 (permalink)
When should I start hitting F5 for these versions of the cards so that robots can buy them right from under me in my own cart? I know EVGA doesn't care about their customers, at all, but does anyone have a time/date? Will their dial up connection on their servers hold out this time?

In the dark, I can feel You in my sleep.. In Your arms I feel You breathe in to me. Forever hold this heart that I will give to You, Forever I will live for You!

89 Replies Related Threads

baudman
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:21:12 (permalink)
    I suspect they only sold like 10 cards total...
    thijsvdk
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:27:30 (permalink)
    I remember a staff member here posting saying that bots will not be a problem, I guess that did not age well.. Although I think the biggest issue for EVGA was site stability, I was able to put one in my cart but never check out like most people. I hope they fix that for next week..
    the_Scarlet_one
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 20796
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:28:04 (permalink)
    Bots aren’t the issue. You may as well stop feed that rumor mill.

Random Associate Code >> GDWZE7QOTF << this is NOT my associate code. I do not have an associate code. Feel free to use it to save a few bucks.

<- Clickable link to my Main PC Specs
    trthskr4
    • Total Posts : 67
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:28:57 (permalink)
    Yeah,  so much for being a loyal customer.  I'm done with brand loyalty. 

trthskr4
    • Total Posts : 67
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:30:07 (permalink)
    Bots are a problem everywhere.  

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 608
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:30:32 (permalink)
    USALion
    I know EVGA doesn't care about their customers, at all, 

Incorrect. Please be aware all websites are sold out of all models for various manufacturers. Trying to keep up with demand does not mean those companies have a disdain for their customers. 

-Daniel_EVGA
    USALion
    iCX Member
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:30:57 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one

Do you actually believe that? I know you work for them (or volunteer for them) but the objective signs and data point otherwise. EVGA is having its ass handed to it on Twitter right now, not a single user has replied that they got a card, but ebay has tons listed. Having family in the music industry, I see this all the time with concert event tickets. Bots are absolutely the issue. You are doing a disservice to your customers by lying and saying otherwise.

In the dark, I can feel You in my sleep.. In Your arms I feel You breathe in to me. Forever hold this heart that I will give to You, Forever I will live for You!
    thijsvdk
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:31:50 (permalink)
    Are there any plans to increase bandwidth/performance to the website for the 3090 launch?
    USALion
    iCX Member
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:32:37 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    USALion

Incorrect. Please be aware all websites are sold out of all models for various manufacturers. Trying to keep up with demand does not mean those companies have a disdain for their customers. 

So then why no bot detriments? Captcha? Anything?

Capt_Caveman
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 176
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:33:18 (permalink)
    thijsvdk
    Are there any plans to increase bandwidth/performance to the website for the 3090 launch?

Their online store has been like this for a decade, they won't upgrade their hosting service for it.
    liquidblue1985
    • Total Posts : 85
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:33:26 (permalink)
    USALion
    the_Scarlet_one

Do you actually believe that? I know you work for them (or volunteer for them) but the objective signs and data point otherwise. EVGA is having its ass handed to it on Twitter right now, not a single user has replied that they got a card, but ebay has tons listed. Having family in the music industry, I see this all the time with concert event tickets. Bots are absolutely the issue. You are doing a disservice to your customers by lying and saying otherwise.

I got one, so does that automatically mean I'm a bot?
    Malkuth74
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:33:56 (permalink)
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that EVGA might of been hit by bots.. But I'm thinking more people got the cards than the bots.

EVGA was the only site that it seemed the fight went on for a few hours.

I7 8700K OC (4.7 GHZ)
    EVGA CLS 240 MM AIO
    AsRock 370 MB
    EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra
    32 Gigs Ram G-Skill RipSaws DDR4 3200
    WD Black SSD NvMe 1 TB.
    Seasonic Focus 750 80+ Gold
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:34:46 (permalink)
    USALion
    the_Scarlet_one

Every single order is vetted and verified to be actual human beings. Anything that looks out of the ordinary is cancelled and refunded. You are one of thousands who have attempted to get a card at launch. 

-Daniel_EVGA
    the_Scarlet_one
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:35:05 (permalink)
    USALion
    the_Scarlet_one

Yeah, I absolutely believe it. Why, because of the people that get the cards, and post about it. People will justify limited supply however they want, but no one is lying to you as the companies can see who got the cards.

P.S. IP address, wrong addresses, repeat orders are all, like stated just above, vetted. So yeah, not bots. That rumor can die off anytime now.

Random Associate Code >> GDWZE7QOTF << this is NOT my associate code. I do not have an associate code. Feel free to use it to save a few bucks.

thijsvdk
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:35:32 (permalink)
    Capt_Caveman
    thijsvdk

Their online store has been like this for a decade, they won't upgrade their hosting service for it.

You can buy temporary upgrades when you are expecting an increase in traffic.
    striker890
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:37:39 (permalink)
    Obviously bots are the issue. How could a person buy a product when the whole page isn't loading? A bot on the other hand, just sending HTTP Requests without needing to load all the content and other nonsense is going around most of the issues all the normal customers faced. Such a content drop should demand a human verification for a successfull order. But hey it's obviously just people with tinfoil heads thinking this...  I thought much about EVGA to be honest, but this straight up denying of obvious issue, that could be solved easily beforehand is blowing my mind.

Not to mention Nvidia not even offering a single card. They sold 0 Nvidia FE cards in Germany. They just did this so their competitor AMD has to compete with non real pricing of 699€...

To the moderator: You claim that orders will be checked. Please provide an example on how you are able to do this afterwards? There's no way besides diving deep into the logging of the platform... I doubt EVGA will pay that 1000 hours of work.
    USALion
    iCX Member
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:39:54 (permalink)
    striker890
    Obviously bots are the issue. How could a person buy a product when the whole page isn't loading? A bot on the other hand, just sending HTTP Requests without needing to load all the content and other nonsense is going around most of the issues all the normal customers faced. Such a content drop should demand a human verification for a successfull order. But hey it's obviously just people with tinfoil heads thinking this...  I thought much about EVGA to be honest, but this straight up denying of obvious issue, that could be solved easily beforehand is blowing my mind.

Not to mention Nvidia not even offering a single card. They sold 0 Nvidia FE cards in Germany. They just did this so their competitor AMD has to compete with non real pricing of 699€...

To the moderator: You claim that orders will be checked. Please provide an example on how you are able to do this afterwards? There's no way besides diving deep into the logging of the platform... I doubt EVGA will pay that 1000 hours of work.

Yeah, this awful damage control by their shill moderators is actually starting to piss me off. I might go MSI on this series (I like their motherboards.)

q5sys
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 125
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:41:19 (permalink)
    USALion
    the_Scarlet_one

That's the corporate line they have to repeat.  Anyone with a decent amount of knowledge of how websites function and a scripting language could write a script.  The challenge... not that it really is one... is dealing with timeouts and delays but that's easy to avoid.  You simply figure out where EVGA is hosting their server, rent hosting in the same Datacenter and boom, you don't have to deal with internet congestion that customers do.  You get near instant access to the site within moments.  Even if EVGA is smart enough to run a load balancer like ingress the closer you can get to that balancer the better your chances are. Since that balancer is being hosted in a Datacenter... if your box is sitting in the same DC... you've already got a huge leg up on customers connecting from their home. To take it a step further, if you're doing this, you can run an automation script to spin up new instances of your system with new IPs, so you don't get blocked by any IP limiting the balancer may be doing.

I can take a linux box at any major datacenter, spin up 50 - 100 unique systems with their own IP in minutes, it's not hard.
    All it takes is using proper web infrastructure that's been well designed for properly managing load (what EVGA apparently didnt do for their site) and using all those tools to automate purchasing of items.

As for EVGA's Official responses... Keep in mind... EVGA got paid today, they're happy.

PartNumber       DateEntered                 Notify Sent
    10G-P5-3895-KR   9/21/2020 12:34:20 PM PT    No
    10G-P5-3883-KR   9/18/2020 6:29:47 AM PT     No
    10G-P5-3881-KR   9/18/2020 6:29:43 AM PT     No
    10G-P5-3897-KR   9/17/2020 8:07:31 AM PT     YES @ 9:14 AM PT 21 Oct 2020 
    10G-P5-3885-KR   9/16/2020 4:30:56 PM PT     No
    justin_43
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2437
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:42:57 (permalink)
    USALion I know EVGA doesn't care about their customers, at all

trthskr4
    Yeah,  so much for being a loyal customer.  I'm done with brand loyalty.

What is wrong with people? You really think EVGA doesn't want you to buy a card? Believe me, they want your money that you want to give them. It's called limited quantity. There just aren't enough cards to go around on launch day. Every company ran out of cards immediately. Stop crying and just be patient.

If you want to be upset with someone, be upset with Nvidia. They could have held off the launch for a few weeks or a month until they had an ample supply of stock to satisfy more people. They want it to seem harder to get or more exclusive. In a short while you will be able to get one a lot more easily and you will wonder why you were so upset in the first place.

• EVGA RTX 2080 Ti • EVGA X299 Dark • Intel Core i7 9800X • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Black • EVGA 1600T2
    • LG CX 48" OLED GSYNC • 2x 43" 4K Wasabi Mango UHD430s • Lian Li PC D600WB
    • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB • Samsung 970 EVO 256GB • 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TBs • 2x WD Black 2TBs
    • ASUS RVE • Intel Xeon E5-2680 v3 • 64GB Corsair Vengeance • EVGA GTX 1070

Omoeba
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 129
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:44:43 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    USALion

Even if they were no bots, the EVGA site couldn't keep up with the demand and crashed repeatedly. I couldn't complete complete the step-up for 30 minutes because the site kept throwing errors and timing out.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
    G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16 2x16GB
    Inland Performance 2TB SSD
    EVGA Supernova 850 G+ PSU
    Fractal Meshify C Case

vgerik1234
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 235
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:45:29 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM

Every single order is vetted and verified to be actual human beings. Anything that looks out of the ordinary is cancelled and refunded. You are one of thousands who have attempted to get a card at launch. 

Would it be safe to assume you guys have metrics on stuff like time to order, time to check out, time item sitting in cart, etc? And that is how you vet if it was human or not? Or 'no comment' to keep the method of verifying a secret. Totally understand if that is the case.

Edit: Not complaining one bit. Just a professional/technical curiosity since I do DevOps/SRE.
    post edited by vgerik1234 - 2020/09/17 08:50:11

Cuongpn
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:46:01 (permalink)
    There we are, the first world problem lol
    the_Scarlet_one
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:47:38 (permalink)
    No, I can’t provide any examples, I don’t work for EVGA so I wouldn’t have access to any of that information. I can promise you that no company is going to show you their vetting process.

I can promise, if you want to see the inner working, you will need to get a job working for the company. The orders through EVGA isn’t as automated as a company like Amazon, so a person has to verify the process and hand package the item, so it has to go through a verification process.

I think the best part of the complaints is that people were just complaining that there was a 1 card limit, and now the complaint is the bots took them all. How does that work? Did you program a not to be able to prove it can even be done, or are you just following what Reddit tells you to believe?

Airikay
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 229
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:49:09 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM

I think the bigger issue here is that your site can apparently only handle traffic from a few thousand people then. If the site wasn't mostly down I don't think you would have many people complaining, of course there would still be some. But the stock is out of your hands, how your website runs is completely your fault.
    crazyst888
    • Total Posts : 83
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:49:34 (permalink)
    @the_Scarlet_one "complaining that there was a 1 card limit" i was not complaining, it was word bad.

Malkuth74
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:51:41 (permalink)
    Airikay
    EVGATech_DanielM

I think the bigger issue here is that your site can apparently only handle traffic from a few thousand people then. If the site wasn't mostly down I don't think you would have many people complaining, of course there would still be some. But the stock is out of your hands, how your website runs is completely your fault.

I think were I failed since I got to the Payment part.. Is that I was too afraid of hitting the refresh button.  Of course it timed out a few thousand times.. But once that circle thing stayed I was stupid and let it hang..

I should of been hitting refresh on the orders page to keep it going.. First time on release so I guess I learned something.

I7 8700K OC (4.7 GHZ)
    EVGA CLS 240 MM AIO
    AsRock 370 MB
    EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra
    32 Gigs Ram G-Skill RipSaws DDR4 3200
    WD Black SSD NvMe 1 TB.
    Seasonic Focus 750 80+ Gold
    USALion
    iCX Member
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:52:21 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    No, I can’t provide any examples, I don’t work for EVGA so I wouldn’t have access to any of that information. I can promise you that no company is going to show you their vetting process.

I can promise, if you want to see the inner working, you will need to get a job working for the company. The orders through EVGA isn’t as automated as a company like Amazon, so a person has to verify the process and hand package the item, so it has to go through a verification process.

I think the best part of the complaints is that people were just complaining that there was a 1 card limit, and now the complaint is the bots took them all. How does that work? Did you program a not to be able to prove it can even be done, or are you just following what Reddit tells you to believe?

Like I said, I've seen first hand how bot scripts work with event tickets, even as companies like Ticketmaster try to fight and prevent it. I *do* like that EVGA made a 1 card limit, I'm not sure who was complaining about that. I'm not saying that EVGA was the only company hit by scripted purchases, but to say it didn't happen at all? Sorry, I've been in the music industry too long, I'm calling total B.S. on you for that. I know you have to defend the company, but it is objectively false.

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:52:38 (permalink)
    vgerik1234
    EVGATech_DanielM

Would it be safe to assume you guys have metrics on stuff like time to order, time to check out, time item sitting in cart, etc? And that is how you vet if it was human or not? Or 'no comment' to keep the method of verifying a secret. Totally understand if that is the case.

Well, putting a item in the cart does not reserve the product from our stock. We absolutely have the data to see what time frame it takes for a person to check out but with launches and sales, the crush of traffic some times skews those numbers. We review all orders that are placed and each are verified by the accounting team. I wish I could provide more information but I can tell you newer accounts are scrutinized more than accounts that have a standing history in regards to orders. If an order looks off, we will cancel it and require the customer to call in from the billing to verify information on the order. 

-Daniel_EVGA
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: When is FTW3 coming out, so I can get my hopes up and destroyed by bots in the cart ag 2020/09/17 08:55:01 (permalink)
    Airikay
    EVGATech_DanielM

Few thousand is quite possibly the farthest away from the actual number you can imagine. Customers from all over the world visit the site, not just the US. As far as I am aware, we are one of the only manufacturers who actually sells on their own website. 

-Daniel_EVGA
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile