What would u' want in ur' custom desk?

Author
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2017/06/23 21:53:09 (permalink)
If you could have your own custom desk built, what and how, would you want that desk to be?

I've wanted to work for myself doing custom furniture for awhile now. I'm yet moving again, and hopefully will be a great move for me and the wife, closer to her family, better economy and a great chance for me to be able to work for myself in Bend Oregon.

I never got to build much custom furniture for my wheelchair bound late wife, I have all kinds of ideas still, even a pull-behind camper trailer that's built for wheelchairs, or us with nerve damage who can't sleep on the ground 😀....

Back on target, not sure if I could ship a desk and make money doing it, but I'd most likely stay local, but if you could have your dream computer desk what would it be?

Myself, I like ergonomic, indirect lighting, and wood, and soft tones...

Thx,
Knight'
post edited by knightsilver - 2017/06/23 21:56:39

4 Replies Related Threads

Xantac
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1323
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: What would u' want in ur' custom desk? 2017/06/24 09:04:41 (permalink)
    I kinda like those tables with a motor to raise and lower the height. It might help my back out a little. I used to really want one of those metal/glass desks that you could put a PC inside of but they are to expensive and are more form then function. As far as custom just a pretty wood top with nice marbling some mahogany or walnut but that's some series cash I imagine.

• Rig 1: Rampage5/w 6850K g.skill 3200 cas15 16gb, High-speed PC HPTX Bench w/ GTX 980
    • Rig 2: RIVE/3930k /w Koolance mobo/cpu blocks/16gb 2133 c9, EVGA 1080 Ti Sli EK Nickel Blocks & a 78MH/s Eth
    • Rig 3: asus rog crosshair vii hero (wi-fi)/2600x, g.skill 3200 cas15 16gb, gt 730
    • Acer Predator Monitor
    • Xantac's Heatware
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31004
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: What would u' want in ur' custom desk? 2017/06/24 10:14:42 (permalink)
    - large pullout center drawer, with room for the keyboard and mouse pad - maybe full width of desk - never seen that, most have a small keyboard drawer with hardly any room for the mouse

- maybe offer a couple of different heights to desk top or if possible some sort of adjustment

- to ship it would probably have to disassemble, legs at a minimum

- wall hung fold mostly flat for the tiny home market ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: What would u' want in ur' custom desk? 2017/06/24 10:19:17 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    If you could have your own custom desk built, what and how, would you want that desk to be?

I've wanted to work for myself doing custom furniture for awhile now. I'm yet moving again, and hopefully will be a great move for me and the wife, closer to her family, better economy and a great chance for me to be able to work for myself in Bend Oregon.

I never got to build much custom furniture for my wheelchair bound late wife, I have all kinds of ideas still, even a pull-behind camper trailer that's built for wheelchairs, or us with nerve damage who can't sleep on the ground 😀....

Back on target, not sure if I could ship a desk and make money doing it, but I'd most likely stay local, but if you could have your dream computer desk what would it be?

Myself, I like ergonomic, indirect lighting, and wood, and soft tones...

Thx,
    Knight'

a built in coffee maker lol. 
    but really you should follow your dream, thats how most businesses start. i have seen alot of custom builders but most are pretty cookie cutter style stuff, and very few will do custom designed stuff unless you want to pay a super price. i have had sketches of what i want to build for a long time just never had the time or tools to do it. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: What would u' want in ur' custom desk? 2017/06/24 12:50:18 (permalink)
    Simple, clean, affordable wall-hung watercooled and could probably ship?
    post edited by knightsilver - 2017/06/24 12:51:35
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile