What is up with Evga's Rebates?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18923
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/17 15:11:33 (permalink)
Nereus
It's a Mastercard debit card with a pin #... from what it says, I have to sign or use the pin when making a purchase, which infers physical presence at a retailer that accepts them. That's a little tough to do right now lol. Has anyone used these things online at places like Amazon or Newegg ..or EVGA?

Never mind, found out how:
Went to Amazon.com, logged on to my account, went to "reload your balance" page, type in the amount you want to add ($50 in my case), then near the bottom is a link to "add a card". Click that, enter the prepaid card number, expiry, and name on the card, and save. Now select that new card as the payment option and click "done" and load up that $50.. you now have a $50 credit balance at Amazon and your rebate card can be tossed. Yay!

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/17 15:12:30 (permalink)

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10330
  • Ribbons : 116
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/18 08:37:43 (permalink)
Nereus
Nereus
It's a Mastercard debit card with a pin #... from what it says, I have to sign or use the pin when making a purchase, which infers physical presence at a retailer that accepts them. That's a little tough to do right now lol. Has anyone used these things online at places like Amazon or Newegg ..or EVGA?

Never mind, found out how:
Went to Amazon.com, logged on to my account, went to "reload your balance" page, type in the amount you want to add ($50 in my case), then near the bottom is a link to "add a card". Click that, enter the prepaid card number, expiry, and name on the card, and save. Now select that new card as the payment option and click "done" and load up that $50.. you now have a $50 credit balance at Amazon and your rebate card can be tossed. Yay!

I finally got mine a few days ago after a 3 month wait.  I turned around and loaded it on my steam wallet.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/18 09:15:07 (permalink)

Oh right, I could have put it on Steam. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/19 01:39:00 (permalink)
Mail-in rebates are a marketing tool that only works for those who never try to use them, anyone who does will have their opinion of the company lowered.
The key to mail in rebates is to make sure no one uses them or even tries too, and something just seems wrong about a promotion that works best when it's not used or ignored.
Honestly EVGA could gain a ton of points with me by just stopping with mail in rebates, though I'm sure most buyers don't put that level of thought into it, so it generally works.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/19 02:35:27 (permalink)
z999z3mystorys
Mail-in rebates are a marketing tool that only works for those who never try to use them, anyone who does will have their opinion of the company lowered.
The key to mail in rebates is to make sure no one uses them or even tries too, and something just seems wrong about a promotion that works best when it's not used or ignored.
Honestly EVGA could gain a ton of points with me by just stopping with mail in rebates, though I'm sure most buyers don't put that level of thought into it, so it generally works.

I don't really mind them myself but it's how easy the rebate is to do that really makes the difference to me. I have had some products that have had a manufacturer rebate before that was as simple as registering the product and then uploading a copy of the receipt for it and then waiting for the check or now days pre-paid card. Ones that you do have to mail in physically I don't really view as that bad but they normally are not the thing that makes me jump to buy a product that I wasn't already going to get.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/19 06:56:31 (permalink)

True, a lot of hassle that takes away from the value of the 'bonus' rebate... I almost didn't bother posting the claim form in - I purchased the item because I wanted the GPU, not because the rebate equated to about 3% discount lol. I'm also guessing that my details were added to some spam database as a result.

Bruinsh
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/20 05:05:59 (permalink)
What I don’t get is why they have to make it a mail in rebate? Why not just discount the product at purchase time?!
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/20 05:12:09 (permalink)
I would prefer a check...or just do a sale for 20 dollars off.

Rebates ...a scam....hoping people won't apply so the company that processes them can keep the 20 bucks.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/04/20 07:19:44 (permalink)
I've sent many rebates in, only ever got one back. The rebate process DOES take much longer than stated (not just EVGA) and I don't see the reason for it. Even 4 weeks is a long time for a stack of papers to be read, verified and approved. The restrictions/rules behind them are so ungodly ridiculous that if you even miss print one letter wrong the whole thing is null and void. some Companies DO NOT want you to get the rebates. They offer them to lure you into the purchase. Unless they genuinely want more customers, then the forms are easy and minimalist. Not overly hard and full of unlisted rules.

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/how-to-send-in-a-rebate-so-it-does-not-get-rejected-939837

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

sixstringmonk
  • Total Posts : 8
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/06/20 16:28:21 (permalink)
I got a rebate card recently. I haven't activated it yet because on the back of the letter that the card comes with there is a "Schedule of fees" section that lists a $3.50 per month maintenance fee. So does that mean if I spend all the money on the card tomorrow and never touch the card again, I will start incurring a $3.50 charge every month starting on month 6? Seems like I'd be better off just tossing it and never activating it.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/06/20 19:20:24 (permalink)
sixstringmonk
I got a rebate card recently. I haven't activated it yet because on the back of the letter that the card comes with there is a "Schedule of fees" section that lists a $3.50 per month maintenance fee. So does that mean if I spend all the money on the card tomorrow and never touch the card again, I will start incurring a $3.50 charge every month starting on month 6? Seems like I'd be better off just tossing it and never activating it.

No, it means if you don't use the card, after a while the balance will start reducing by $3.50 per month until there's nothing left. Scroll up a few posts to see how you can empty it straight away into Amazon or Steam or similar places so you don't lose any money and can toss the card once you've used it up.

diZz187
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:What is up with Evga's Rebates? 2020/07/26 14:31:04 (permalink)
I guess i will post this here. Since this seems to be the most recent/active topic.  I had issues with trying to activate the rebate card that was sent. When trying to activate i kept getting a error on adding postal code and no answer in calling the number. I waited a few days thinking maybe it was just a web page not being updated because of all the things going on around us. After doing research in this forum and seeing that  " Nereus" added his card to his Amazon account. Spending the allocated funds on my Amazon account didn't require me to activate my card. 
post edited by diZz187 - 2020/07/26 23:12:10
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile