EVGA

What happens if card doesn't get produced and your step up is past 90 days?

Author
Midnightshade41
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/12 20:28:32 (permalink)
I and many others ordered for stepup 3060ti. They just came out with a 3060. I still want the ti version I signed up for, but it's been a month and a half and the list hasn't budged. Are these cards being made anymore? This new card makes me think we are going to get screwed out of step up? I am assuming they will stop producing the 3060ti but we will still be on this list and once 90 days passes no ability to change cards. What is evga policy on this do they let us choose a different card if this happens and give us credit on time waiting? Credit as in where we are in line not monititary value.

I just haven't seen any movement here on these queue lists at all, and the list hasn't been updated since the 9th of December. Thoughts?

Now if the cards are still being made it won't matter but how would we even know?
post edited by Midnightshade41 - 2021/01/12 20:32:51

2 Replies Related Threads

jtoya85
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: What happens if card doesn't get produced and your step up is past 90 days? 2021/01/12 21:43:44 (permalink)
    "The EVGA Step-Up allows you to upgrade your product within 90 days of your original purchase date. For details, look over our Step-Up section under Support. Next Step: Once you are in queue, the 90 day limit no longer applies. If you cancel after your 90 day limit you will not be able to restart your Step-Up. When your Step-Up is ready, you will receive an email with information on payment options."

Now I have no idea what might happen if the TI version stops production, but from what I can gather as long as you are in queue then you WILL be getting a card. You just can't leave the queue on your side or else you can't get back into the queue. What I think you said in the other thread about how many are pulled from a shipment for the step-up people, I can't say what they actually do but if they are only taking a handful at a time for us then that's not a good plan as if this wasn't a pandemic and there wasn't a larger than normal demand for these, why give a small percentage to the ones that are waiting and hope the others sell while sitting on a shelf somewhere? I could be wrong and that is exactly what they do, and if they do then they better not let anyone outside of the company know or they could lose their customer base because of something absurd like that.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: What happens if card doesn't get produced and your step up is past 90 days? 2021/01/13 03:20:52 (permalink)
    It’s been answered more times than I wish to ever attempt counting, but here it goes...

NVidia isn’t stopping production.. once you are in queue, you are no longer bound to the 90 day window. As long as you don’t leave the queue after your 90 day window closes, you will get the card eventually. That is all.

You can leave the queue before the 90 day window closes and re-enter or jump into another queue, but you will move to the very back of the line at that time, and you can not get back in line where you use to be.

Please thoroughly read the step up page. Www.EVGA.com/stepup. Everything is thoroughly covered in there.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile