EVGA

What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed")

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/15 13:25:37 (permalink)
rjohnson11

It's a private forum so EVGA can do what they believe is right. Although we do respect your opinion as well.

I understand it from the company's perspective. This is not a democracy and stupidity is rampant.

My problem is allowing moderators to discern what should be deleted or revised. I've been on forums where moderators used to edit/eliminate posts and threads, and also resorted to banning, simply because they didn't share the same view, usually because it was too logical.

I remember being asked to kindly revise my post on a thread here. The moderator PM'd me and with a lengthy message which included pictures, explained to me where I made a mistake which reflected negatively on EVGA. He was correct, of course, so I edited my post as it would have misinformed others. That was good moderation.
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/18 01:42:23 (permalink)
Tried using the OCN Forums, Think I lasted 12months before I got banned "I told a Mod inprivate to grow up, but I didnt use the words, grow_up :)" ,  their Mods I swear was 13year_olds or 40_somethings that cant hold a an adult conversion without getting pissed off.....
post edited by knightsilver - 2018/06/18 01:48:17
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/18 04:12:50 (permalink)
knightsilver
Tried using the OCN Forums, Think I lasted 12months before I got banned "I told a Mod inprivate to grow up, but I didnt use the words, grow_up :)" ,  their Mods I swear was 13year_olds or 40_somethings that cant hold a an adult conversion without getting pissed off.....

I been on OCN forums for YEARS, not once have i been banned or given a warning. I see old faces on it, that i haven't seen post on here in ages. Message board like this one are dying. Social media like Reddit have killed message boards, like Amazon has done to brick and mortar stores.

NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/20 07:43:33 (permalink)
Yet, it's always getting new members and they're still posting. Yes, a few veterans don't post as much but I still see a lot of current posts and replies - more in other forums than others.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/20 16:44:10 (permalink)

EVGA Forums - Terms and Conditions of Use

EVGA reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.

The drama queens are apparently out in force. Guys, this has been in effect since at least 2004. What is magic about now? Who cares what I or you think about it. It's worked for over a decade now. My opinion on it is as irrelevant as everyone else is. I really wish people would understand that our opinions on the internet really do not matter to anyone else. It just comes out as whiny when others are subjected to reading it.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2018/06/20 16:47:10
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/20 17:55:08 (permalink)
Yup, If someone doesn't like how a forum is ran, Do like he who shall not be named, create your own forum, realize it's harder than you think and just give up. lol! =P

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/23 23:15:45 (permalink)
Honestly whats the problem, ive had my posts edited by the mods, get used to it. Moderators are picked by EVGA as trusted and well known members of the community that are helpful. If you don't like what they do you are free to leave the forum or open a dispute with EVGA, but if EVGA comes back and says they are fine with it it's not your place to decide, unless you want to make a buyout offer to EVGA, if so please feel free to attempt to buy them lol.
Fettle
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 400
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/24 03:38:43 (permalink)
ty_ger07
What do you think? Do EVGA's moderators have the right to edit your perfectly acceptable, TOS-abiding post and title in any way the moderator finds acceptable without your permission?

Ty_Ger07
Sajin
I'll definitely change it [back] if the op has a problem with it.

I have a problem with it. Other people have a problem with it. The OP is long gone. That is the worst stance you could take. Just because the author has no voice, opinion, or stake in the matter doesn't mean that this community has no voice, opinion, or stake in the matter. Quit making excuses. You never had permission to edit the OP in the first place. It is not a matter of discussion. You have exceeded the bounds of your role far beyond what anyone here would consider acceptable. If you quit looking it as a means to an end and start looking at it at face value, you altered someone's perfectly legitimate post with the sole intent of disseminating your view in a way no other person on this forum is able. It is an egregious abuse of power which no one should stand for. If the solution you present is so important to you, split your view from the OP, create a new thread, and sticky it. That's what EVGA employees and responsible representatives of EVGA do.

Without warning, a moderator apparently has the power to change anything they want, for any reason they find desirable, and you, the author, must stumble upon their edit, catch them red-handed, and explicitly request that they remove their opinion from your post/title.

Sick!

You dont know? Sajin iz a OG. You know what OG'z do? OG do what OG does.

Case: CM Elite 334.
PSU: Corsair CX 430.

Motherboard: Asus P8H67-M LE.
Optical Drive: HP 1270i.
CPU/HSF: Intel Core i5-3570/CM Hyper 212 Plus.
Ram: 2x4gB Corsair VS.

HDD: 180gB Intel SSD 330 Series, WD Blue 500gB-320gB.

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2.
Monitor: Samsung BX2031.
Mouse/Keyboard: G102/X7 G800.
Mousepad: Razer Vespula ME3 edition.

HaywireHaywood
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 860
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: What do you think? Moderator abuse? ("fixed") 2018/06/24 08:56:30 (permalink)
I used to help moderate a manufacturer's forum a few years ago and got my hand smacked for correcting spelling.  I'm a bit of a spelling and grammar nazi, which is a tough life to lead in this world of text shorthand .  I would see someone that made a good post with good points, but their spelling was so awful that it detracted from the message.  I would correct it thinking that I was improving the overall readability of the post and it wasn't appreciated.  I didn't last long as moderator.  It was too tempting.  I was crazed with the power of the edit.  Haha!

Heatware Affiliate code: QLF0RY1CK9
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile