EVGA

What could be the issue?

Author
Patrik_
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/16 14:26:56 (permalink)
Hello. I just wanted to ask. I have my idea but I want to know from more knowledgeable people what could cause issue like this. Its GTX 1080ti FTW3, no screen, fans dont spin and RGB works so there is some power in. 
If anyone encoutered this issue pls suggest what your solution was, warranty doesnt count 

7 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/16 15:46:02 (permalink)
    Patrik_
    Hello. I just wanted to ask. I have my idea but I want to know from more knowledgeable people what could cause issue like this. Its GTX 1080ti FTW3, no screen, fans dont spin and RGB works so there is some power in. 
    If anyone encoutered this issue pls suggest what your solution was, warranty doesnt count 

Hello, we'd just like to ask for a few more details on your system.  Does the system actually boot? Could you give more details on your hardware? Odds are, given your scant info, would be the GPU. Second on the list would be the PSU. But that is just a guess based on guessing about the rest of your system and what ever else you omitted that might be helpful to troubleshoot.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Patrik_
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/17 07:34:12 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Patrik_

Hello, we'd just like to ask for a few more details on your system.  Does the system actually boot? Could you give more details on your hardware? Odds are, given your scant info, would be the GPU. Second on the list would be the PSU. But that is just a guess based on guessing about the rest of your system and what ever else you omitted that might be helpful to troubleshoot.

Oh sorry. Its on Z370 Tuf plus and Corsair RM850X. Pc doesnt boot at all. Classic troubleshooting like switching gpu, using different system has been done. 
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/17 09:52:16 (permalink)
    If you already tried the suspect video card in another system and it doesn't work, then you likely have your answer.

The only thing left would be to try a known good video card in your system to verify that the other video card is indeed the culprit.

If I misread you and you already tried a different video card in your system and that still didn't work, it's more likely a PSU problem. First, you should verify all of your power cables are firmly attached (on the motherboard, drives, GPU, and if it's a modular PSU - on the PSU itself).
    post edited by arestavo - 2020/03/17 09:54:23
    Patrik_
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/17 13:27:24 (permalink)
    arestavo
    If you already tried the suspect video card in another system and it doesn't work, then you likely have your answer.

The only thing left would be to try a known good video card in your system to verify that the other video card is indeed the culprit.

If I misread you and you already tried a different video card in your system and that still didn't work, it's more likely a PSU problem. First, you should verify all of your power cables are firmly attached (on the motherboard, drives, GPU, and if it's a modular PSU - on the PSU itself).

Sorry I should have specify it more. What could be wrong with pcb itself? Dead bios would mean 100% fan speed and no picture, I have bad feeling that something went bad and 12V just ran through entire card wich killed it. 
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/17 13:55:50 (permalink)
    Patrik_
    arestavo

Sorry I should have specify it more. What could be wrong with pcb itself? Dead bios would mean 100% fan speed and no picture, I have bad feeling that something went bad and 12V just ran through entire card wich killed it. 

What you should do here is clarify exactly what you have and what you have done. Your posts are confusing. I apologize if English is not your native language.
    If you're asking us to identify SPECIFICALLY what may have failed on your GPU, that's a waste of time. Those most commonly, VRM or the power section is the most likely. If you have no warranty you might as well take it apart and see if you can visually see a burnt component. But again, unless you have the skill set and the parts, what's the point?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/17 20:42:09 (permalink)
    If your CPU has built-in processor graphics, you can take out the video card and try/use that..A TUF Z370-PLUS has some monitor connections on the back of it..That way you will take the video card and the PCIe slot out of the picture as being possible offenders.

Turn off/unplug the PSU..Then take out the video card and connect your monitor cable to the mobo..Clear mobo CMOS..Try it.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Patrik_
    Re: What could be the issue? 2020/03/18 02:07:51 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Patrik_
    arestavo

What you should do here is clarify exactly what you have and what you have done. Your posts are confusing. I apologize if English is not your native language.
    If you're asking us to identify SPECIFICALLY what may have failed on your GPU, that's a waste of time. Those most commonly, VRM or the power section is the most likely. If you have no warranty you might as well take it apart and see if you can visually see a burnt component. But again, unless you have the skill set and the parts, what's the point?

True, I mean I tried to ask If anyone would have any other idea but It still looks like something died It could be almost anything
    bob16314
    If your CPU has built-in processor graphics, you can take out the video card and try/use that..A TUF Z370-PLUS has some monitor connections on the back of it..That way you will take the video card and the PCIe slot out of the picture as being possible offenders.

Turn off/unplug the PSU..Then take out the video card and connect your monitor cable to the mobo..Clear mobo CMOS..Try it.

I tried all of that. To be honest its not my card its my friends card and he asked to give it a shot with fixing it. RIP but its kinda shame that such a good card died so early. 
    post edited by Patrik_ - 2020/03/18 02:10:36
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile