EVGA

What carrier (fastest, afordable) is recomended to ship my card to EVGA from Canada

Author
VicViperX
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/01/26 15:53:22 (permalink)
Title says all.

Trying to make sure card arrives within the setup-up shipment period, and also to minimize down time as much as possible at a reasonable price.
anyone know any good recommended carriers from Canada?

Thanks

4 Replies Related Threads

pcmaster00
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2752
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: What carrier (fastest, afordable) is recomended to ship my card to EVGA from Canada 2017/01/31 19:11:42 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums VicViperX,

Best choices are usually UPS, Fedex, Purolator, or DHL.  I wouldnt suggest Canada Post because they hand off to USPS and USPS's insurance process is a nightmare if you have any claim.

EVGA!!! TAKE CARE OF MY MATES!!!!   Heatware
    Antec Twelve Hundred, Corsair HX1000, GigaByte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7 3770k, 2x EVGA GTX770 2770-KR,
    16GB Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9, SSD: 1x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP,
    All HDDs in trayless bays, 6x LG 24x DVD-RW drives, 3x Acer 22" V223W monitors

raxtor
    • Total Posts : 15
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: What carrier (fastest, afordable) is recomended to ship my card to EVGA from Canada 2017/02/25 23:08:32 (permalink)
    What are you gonna write on the export documentation? Warranty return?
    ipaine
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: What carrier (fastest, afordable) is recomended to ship my card to EVGA from Canada 2017/03/07 19:51:39 (permalink)
    pcmaster00

Best choices are usually UPS, Fedex, Purolator, or DHL.  I wouldnt suggest Canada Post because they hand off to USPS and USPS's insurance process is a nightmare if you have any claim.

There is just one problem with all of them over using Xpresspost, they cost significantly more. For example to go with Purolator with warranty from a major center in Canada to Brea, it is $70 for ground that if shipped say on Monday would get there the following Monday not guaranteed. Or you can move up to the next option which is next business day guaranteed for about $160. And the others are around the same. Xpresspost is about $60 with insurance for 3 days guaranteed, $45 for 5 days.

So as you can see, shipping costs kind of suck here.

@raxtor  Generally it would be labeled and treated as an RMA. At least that is how I did it in the past.
    pcmaster00
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2752
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: What carrier (fastest, afordable) is recomended to ship my card to EVGA from Canada 2017/03/08 08:08:33 (permalink)
    ipaine
    pcmaster00

There is just one problem with all of them over using Xpresspost, they cost significantly more. For example to go with Purolator with warranty from a major center in Canada to Brea, it is $70 for ground that if shipped say on Monday would get there the following Monday not guaranteed. Or you can move up to the next option which is next business day guaranteed for about $160. And the others are around the same. Xpresspost is about $60 with insurance for 3 days guaranteed, $45 for 5 days.

So as you can see, shipping costs kind of suck here.

@raxtor  Generally it would be labeled and treated as an RMA. At least that is how I did it in the past.

Except Xpresspost is Canada Post, once again, which hands off to USPS who is very bad with the insurance claims process. If Purilator is only $10 more, it's worth the cost rather than the 2 months of delays while USPS figures out what to do.

Also for a Step-up, it is not an RMA, so putting that on the customs documents would be false. And when EVGA does ship back, they label it properly.

EVGA!!! TAKE CARE OF MY MATES!!!!   Heatware
    Antec Twelve Hundred, Corsair HX1000, GigaByte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Intel i7 3770k, 2x EVGA GTX770 2770-KR,
    16GB Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9, SSD: 1x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP,
    All HDDs in trayless bays, 6x LG 24x DVD-RW drives, 3x Acer 22" V223W monitors

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile