What can I expect??

Author
RoloFuentes
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/08/27 21:02:20 (permalink)
Hello!!!

I have been reading some threads and posts and I'm really scared.... I will tell you my story, so you can help me set my expectations:

-I use to have a work that makes me travel a LOT to the states, so buying stuff in the states was often, and if I had any problem I had no problem returning it to the seller from the states (there always was an opportunity in the short term)
-Back in June, I decide to buy a new build, so I sell all my old stuff and bought a new one... the last thing I order was a 2080 Super Hybrid (July 12th)
-A few days later due to COVID I lose my job, after a few weeks I left everything in order and I come back to my home country (Chile).
-Here I bought the case that I wanted, and finally build the new PC last Friday
-Everything went great until... guess what.. I'm writing here. The card never worked.. it was Dead on arrival. You can read the whole story here () 

I have talked to the seller, ask for help to Amazon... and they stick to the procedure... "you have to send it to the seller"... "the seller has no stock of that card"... "wait for the refund"... "RMA can only be started if it is sent from the purchase address" etc. Sending the card from Chile to the US is about 150... for something that never worked.. NEVER.

In between, I talked to EVGA.
1) I send an email to EVGA and they told me "Register your product and we will talk to the seller for a refund"
2) I send an email to EVGA telling that I have already registered it... no answer
3) Send again an email asking what else to do.. no answer
4) By chat, I talked to someone and told me (send the card, you pay, we test it we send another card where you want)
5) The next day (today) I talked again by the chat with another person and he told me, write to soporte and wait for their answer.

Now after everything that I have read, I'm really scared, after all the frustration I had talking to Amazon and the seller, that they left me alone with all this, I saw some lights of hope with EVGA (and it was better because they should send me a new card... and a working one)... I'm frustrated and disappointed, I don't want to hear any more about Amazon and the seller... and now, I read that there are some complaints about EVGA and their RMA...
These are isolated cases??
Buying this card was a mistake?

I was really happy with my purchase...

post edited by RoloFuentes - 2020/08/27 21:06:37

Atari 800 XL
Cassette player
12" Sony Trinitron color

3 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: What can I expect?? 2020/09/01 19:23:14 (permalink)

@Rolofuentes,

Can you give an update on whether or not your problems has been solved or not? I noticed it's been 4 days since you posted.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    RoloFuentes
    Re: What can I expect?? 2020/09/01 20:08:57 (permalink)
    XrayMan

@Rolofuentes,

Can you give an update on whether or not your problems has been solved or not? I noticed it's been 4 days since you posted.

From the last point:
    5) The next day (today) I talked again by the chat with another person and he told me, write to soporte and wait for their answer.

Next day.
    6) Reply from soporte asking me to send a dxdiag of my computer. (Did all the story that I posted here was enough? ) But I send it.

7) I wrote to another email address that I've found and minutes later Kevin Song reply to me, he was the first in all this process that helped me. ->A few hours later finally I had my RMA case.

8) Yesterday I send by FedEx the package, It should arrive on Wednesday, I have a FedEx account so it cost me about USD 80.

10) As I had read on some forums and some experiences, that the replacement sometimes take months to arrive, I wrote again to Kevin and asked him if he could push a bit the shipping, it only cost me USD 80 for 3-day shipping, EVGA with their logistic operator should have better rates so they could make some effort and make me happy with a fast shipping to me. -> Reply: Kevin told me he can only put a 2nd day shipping to Miami, then LATAM (soporte) has the replacement and is on their hands (sound fair to me)

12) Wrote again to soporte and ask the same, the reply was:

"Unfortunately we cannot speed up the shipping process on the way back to you, we only ship with one courier on the way back to Chile which would be Skynet.

We ship many RMA's back to Latin America and unfortunately if anyone posts problems about the RMA on the forums. Issues may seem more extreme than they really are. Please have some faith in our RMA process and let us know if anything comes up with your replacement."

That is the update.

P.S1: I had to change some stuff in the label that I created with FedEx, I had to erase the Return & Refund from the papers because local customs need more bureaucracy that will only waste my time and a LOT of money, so probably the card will arrive on Thursday

P.S2: I promise I will keep this fact by fact, no emotions, subjective points of view, or emotions will be involved, because right now... I'm frustrated, disappointed with no hope at all...(a few days more and I could have for the same amount of money a 3080 that is much more powerful)

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    RoloFuentes
    Re: What can I expect?? 2020/09/11 07:33:39 (permalink)
    Updates:

The card was received on Thursday 3rd at 10 AM local time, about 5 hours later, it appeared as received in the "Open RMA" link.

I know there is a commitment that in 3 labor days they send the replacement, so on the third day I ask for the status and the reply was: "So I see our Q/A team has your video card, it like the PCB board has failed so are they replacing the PCB and currently testing to see if there any fault with the unit before they shipped out the unit."

I have not received any kind of communication, no diagnose, no report, no times involved in the future

I bought a new card, that was DOA, by the beginning of July... and what I will have? A refurbished card with 3 or 4 months less warranty (because in this case the warranty is attached to the serial number)... that I will receive it once the 3080 has been launched at the same price but with about 30% to 40% more performance than mine... in a few words OBSOLETE. (So I paid USD 900 for a refurbished and obsolete card)

I asked if my case could be reviewed to be part of the step-up program and no way was the response. 

I will keep this thread updated.

Fun fact: EVGA claims to have the best customer service... I had a problem with my Asus notebook... until now they have extended the warranty period for 8 months (or until I can go back to the states-Only for that issue, the webcam-), they are in contact with the local representatives and looking a way to get my notebook serviced here (It has warranty only in the US, CA and MX) and a few more actions they are trying to do with the case to get it solved (Everything out of the procedure or what they state in the warranty policy, etc... just to give a nice service and a nice customer experience... want facts? I have all the emails)

Atari 800 XL
    Cassette player
    12" Sony Trinitron color
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile