EVGA

What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to PC?

Author
Digital_Fuzion
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 630
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2017/04/23 13:32:34 (permalink)
What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Phone to PC? Whenever I plug my phone into my computer via USB I see no folders or files to access.

7 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/04/23 17:37:38 (permalink)

Mine works fine when I plug it in. Try using a different USB port.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/04/25 18:36:05 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Phone to PC? Whenever I plug my phone into my computer via USB I see no folders or files to access.

Your phone may need to be in USB Media mode in order to see/view the files and transfer them to your PC. Check the settings for the mini-USB connection when you plug the phone in. Somewhere in your notification bar you'll see something about changing the mode from only charging to 'usb transfer' mode. Try that and see where you get.

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/05/14 10:52:32 (permalink)
    When I plug the phone in to my PC's USB Port all I can discover is the following and it's an empty folder. I am trying to access the phone's control panel to select the option you suggested but it seem to not show up when ever I plug the phone in. Maybe you can find a YouTube video tutorial on how I can access the files and transfer them from my phone to PC?

Phone information: 

Phone model: Motorola Droid Turbo 1

Attached Image(s)

James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/05/15 07:57:47 (permalink)
    Digital_Fuzion
    When I plug the phone in to my PC's USB Port all I can discover is the following and it's an empty folder. I am trying to access the phone's control panel to select the option you suggested but it seem to not show up when ever I plug the phone in. Maybe you can find a YouTube video tutorial on how I can access the files and transfer them from my phone to PC?

Phone information: 

Phone model: Motorola Droid Turbo 1

There isn't a control panel. Just pull down the top notification bar and you should see something that shows you 'USB Options' for transfer. Normally it's just set to charge but there are plenty of options. Such as: Charge this device, Transfer files, Transfer photos (PTP) or Use device as MIDI. Those are what I see with version 7.1.1.

[edit]
    Here it is from the Verizon Wireless website...

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116981/
    [/edit]

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/05/15 08:13:35 (permalink)
    Nice job James_L finding the info to help OP

BR awarded

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/05/15 12:27:29 (permalink)
    I finally got it guys! Thank you! We become better when we learn from one another. Now I can access all my documents, music and pictures. 
    quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: What app can I use to access, transfer, port music files, pictures from Android Ph to 2017/05/17 05:46:35 (permalink)
    it was a security feature added with lollipop, the default is charge only, and each time you plug it in you will have to change it on your phone. a bit annoying but i get why they did it. 

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile