LockedWelp... RIP Twitter?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/04 04:47:17 (permalink)
bill1024
Twitter bans YE. Guess EM doesn’t like free speech after all.

There is no right to free speech on Twitter Facebook or EVGA forums. We agree to a TOS stating what you can and can not say or do.
Free speech as per the constitution only means what the government can censor not private entities. And there is not unlimited freedom to slander or speech that can cause harm as in yelling fire in a crowded room or inciting a riot.
YE deserves what he gets
Freedom of speech doesn’t guarantee freedom from consequences.

Section 230 gives online forums immunity to lawsuits, etc. as long as they operate as a public forum.  Can't tell you how many times big tech and online forums are in violation of Section 230.  In reality, the only thing in the TOS should be is no hate speech, violence, etc.  Not, you can't speak a certain way.  Majority of public forums and big tech are run by a one sided ideology which contradictory claims to be for freedom of speech, only if it's their speech.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 11:31:39 (permalink)

To the cowardly piece of excrement who posted a false review today (link) on my Heatware account: Screw you, you fascist little troll.

It was definitely an EVGA Forum member because they posted based on a GPU I sold on the EVGA Marketplace a couple of months ago, using a forum member's name that purchased the GPU. Fortunately that buyer had already posted a positive review for me - their Heatware account has a different name than their EVGA forum account. The only way someone would have known to make up that username on Heatware is if they had access to the EVGA Marketplace to see my sale thread and the person's name who purchased the GPU.

Why would someone do that? Possibly because they disagreed with what I posted on these forums defending free speech - this thread.

If so, I have a damn good idea who that might be. The same sort of person who sends private messages to another forum member mocking them for having dyslexia and telling them to kill themselves. 

Do you have the balls to own up to what you did, you nasty little troll? I doubt it, you're too much of a coward, but it seems obvious who you are.

EDIT: I have been informed by a mod that the private message screenshot was fabricated.. which is also very concerning. It appears also that EVGA are aware of someone posting false Heatware reviews on EVGA forum member's Heatware accounts, not just mine ...sick coward.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/12/07 12:23:41

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10330
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 11:41:18 (permalink)
Nereus

To the cowardly piece of excrement who posted a false review today (link) on my Heatware account: F you, you fascist little troll.

It was definitely an EVGA Forum member because they posted based on a GPU I sold on the EVGA Marketplace a couple of months ago, using a forum member's name that purchased the GPU. Fortunately that buyer had already posted a positive review for me - their Heatware account has a different name than their EVGA forum account. The only way someone would have known to make up that username on Heatware is if they had access to the EVGA Marketplace to see my sale thread.

Why would someone do that? Because they disagree with what I posted on this very thread, defending free speech.

I have a damn good idea who that might be. The same sort of person who sends private messages to another forum member mocking them for having dyslexia and telling them to kill themselves. 

Do you have the balls to own up to what you did, you nasty little troll? I doubt it, you're too much of a coward, but it's pretty obvious who you are.

It takes a "special" kind of person to do something like this...

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 11:59:01 (permalink)
bdary
Nereus

To the cowardly piece of excrement who posted a false review today (link) on my Heatware account: F you, you fascist little troll.

It was definitely an EVGA Forum member because they posted based on a GPU I sold on the EVGA Marketplace a couple of months ago, using a forum member's name that purchased the GPU. Fortunately that buyer had already posted a positive review for me - their Heatware account has a different name than their EVGA forum account. The only way someone would have known to make up that username on Heatware is if they had access to the EVGA Marketplace to see my sale thread.

Why would someone do that? Because they disagree with what I posted on this very thread, defending free speech.

I have a damn good idea who that might be. The same sort of person who sends private messages to another forum member mocking them for having dyslexia and telling them to kill themselves. 

Do you have the balls to own up to what you did, you nasty little troll? I doubt it, you're too much of a coward, but it's pretty obvious who you are.

It takes a "special" kind of person to do something like this...

EDIT: I have been informed by a mod that the private message screenshot was fabricated.. which is also very concerning. It appears also that EVGA are aware of someone posting false Heatware reviews on EVGA forum member's Heatware accounts, not just mine ...sick coward.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/12/07 12:03:22

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 12:06:48 (permalink)

Oof.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 12:10:12 (permalink)
Nereus

To the cowardly piece of excrement who posted a false review today (link) on my Heatware account: Screw you, you fascist little troll.

It was definitely an EVGA Forum member because they posted based on a GPU I sold on the EVGA Marketplace a couple of months ago, using a forum member's name that purchased the GPU. Fortunately that buyer had already posted a positive review for me - their Heatware account has a different name than their EVGA forum account. The only way someone would have known to make up that username on Heatware is if they had access to the EVGA Marketplace to see my sale thread and the person's name who purchased the GPU.

Why would someone do that? Possibly because they disagreed with what I posted on these forums defending free speech - this thread.

If so, I have a damn good idea who that might be. The same sort of person who sends private messages to another forum member mocking them for having dyslexia and telling them to kill themselves. 

Do you have the balls to own up to what you did, you nasty little troll? I doubt it, you're too much of a coward, but it seems obvious who you are.

Those are really interesting accusations. Neither of those three accusations were me. I don't appreciate which direction you were pointing.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 12:20:23 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Nereus

Those are really interesting accusations. Neither of those three accusations were me. I don't appreciate which direction you were pointing.

Apology to Ty_ger07:
Which is why I posted the edit. I saw the original accusation about you telling someone to kill themselves, I was not aware the pm was a fabrication until a mod just told me. Also wasn't aware that someone has been doing these false Heatware posts to other forum members, so I apologize to you, Ty_ger07.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/12/07 12:35:43

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/07 12:24:02 (permalink)
B0baganoosh

Oof.

indeed.

redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/11 09:26:24 (permalink)
defending twitter oldco aged extremely poorly.

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/11 11:52:31 (permalink)
When you know the hippies are out and Nereus seems to attract them 😂🤣😏
Joking aside, Sometimes is better to keep your opinion to yourself.
Go Team Red AMD Gpus ye 😼

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/12 06:39:43 (permalink)
comments need to be concentrated on the topic without political discussion.  Thanks!

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/12 06:45:40 (permalink)
Delirious
comments need to be concentrated on the topic without political discussion.  Thanks!

I would think that would be impossible when it comes to discourse about/on social media since that's all those platforms are these days.

Regardless: Define "hate speech"....You can't. "Speech I don't like" is what it always ends up being.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/12 06:51:44 (permalink)
🤔 i thought this topic is.already close🙃

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/12 06:55:42 (permalink)
Delirious

Thread should probably be deleted entirely then, considering the twitter bias revolves around political bias. Can't really discuss one without the other.

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/12 13:01:02 (permalink)
Nereus
Delirious

Thread should probably be deleted entirely then, considering the twitter bias revolves around political bias. Can't really discuss one without the other.

agree.  it's run it's course and probably can't be discussed without going into politics.  If you want, you can start a new thread about how much you love Elon Musk.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile