LockedWelp... RIP Twitter?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/11/27 14:23:33 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ty_ger07
GTXJackBauer
What's up with the hate towards Elon Musk in here? 

He's a scam artist, rich, privileged, liar. It's hard to like him.

Sounds personal.

Just facts. He's held up on a pedestal by people who either don't know the facts or are too stubborn to open their eyes. It's frustrating the power people give to abusers.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/11/27 17:13:39 (permalink)
It’s kind of interesting that people say they were trying to silence the right but out of 192 Republicans in the House of Representatives and 50 in the Senate only one ever got banned from Twitter.

I am not trying to talk politics just saying that radical people from any point of view have been banned and I don’t think it’s productive to have debates with people who have a radicalized point of view since they won’t listen and often times have abandoned reality of right and wrong.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/11/29 18:04:40 (permalink)
Wait, they guy who is worth 200-300 billion is going to crash twitter?

Guys, the dude knows how to run a company or two.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/11/29 19:55:38 (permalink)
seth89

Are you sure?
SpaceX is on the verge of Bankruptcy according to his warning to his employees, the boring company is non-competitive, the hyperloop is toast and testing tunnel dismantled, he lost his position at Tesla, Tesla's value dropped in half, twitter has sunk a huge amount of his virtual value down the drain, with 10 billion more lost every month, and he is trying to get the government to bail him out on the backs of us tax payers by hyper inflating the value of his starlink equipment.
He does not know how to run a company. Do some research on him. Research him the human, where he came from, why he was fired or forced to stand down, all his empty promises and scandals, and where he is heading; not him the mythical creature people idolize with a percentage of every paycheck in a mutual fund. To run a company, you need to manage people effectively. He has been fired or legally removed from many of his positions. What he does is scam people, with empty promises, with a cult following, protected by his dwindling wealth. He has an e-fortune created by lies and gullible people not in his immediate circle.
His days are numbered. He will be trashed and forgotten. It's only a matter of time.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/11/29 20:24:38

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/11/30 20:58:08 (permalink)

LMAO @ when Musk first took over and in week 1 many of the far left celebs and mainstream media outlets were screaming at the sky about how he had ruined twitter and was censoring their free speech etc. etc., and then it turned out the algorithm had not even been altered in any way at that point, nor had many of the people who 'edit' twitter left yet - and certainly none had been replaced. All those brainwashed fools screaming because they were told to, none of it based on reality, all just pure hyped emotion based on lies.

There is no denying there was a left bias on twitter and FB for several years (and high level execs from both platforms have admitted it in recent months). So far Musk has kept to his word to make it an OPEN platform for everyone; as long as posts are not illegal, he's not going to deny your Constitutionally protected right to free speech, whether you lean left or right, and that is exactly how it should be.

Of course that does not mean freedom of responsibility for what you post, and that is also how it should be, nothing has changed there.

What amazed me is when he asked if previously banned accounts should be allowed back (other than ones banned for illegal content), over 40% of the many millions of respondents voted AGAINST free speech! Absolutely shocking. Scary that so many people have been bombarded with anti-conservative messaging for so long that they fail to see that their actions are precisely what they claim to be fighting against! One appears to be posting on this thread - you can see the utter hatred and vitriol directed at Musk all because Musk isn't supporting a certain agenda, and instead supporting FREE SPEECH. Ironically, many of the left absolutely adored Musk when he went up against big oil with his electric Tesla vehicles.

Advertisers leaving twitter are, in the minds of many, tacitly acknowledging that they do not support free speech or the US Constitution. That's their prerogative. "Go woke, go broke" is often a result of such decisions based on emotion rather than facts, and deservedly so imo.

I am glad there is someone standing up for treating everybody equally, not just ones who support a certain agenda. Also good to hear today that twitter is breaking records for new signups / logins.

Extremely concerning that the White House is making veiled threats to 'look into' twitter.. very very very concerning.

“I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

At this point, Musk is looking like a champion of free speech - at least to those who are able to look at the situation objectively. Those casting vitriol and hatred towards him for his actions (to date) need to seriously look deep inside themselves and contemplate where that emotion is coming from, because they are sounding and acting a LOT like the fascists they claim to despise.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/11/30 21:07:38

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/11/30 22:14:35 (permalink)
What is so funny is that the only posts you see are from people or organizations you follow. No one is being Bombarded by anything! 
This is just a bunch of right-wing political grandstanding. No one was preventing free speech. If you violated Twitters TOS, you got banned. It was that simple.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 04:48:27 (permalink)
Nereus
One appears to be posting on this thread - you can see the utter hatred and vitriol directed at Musk all because Musk isn't supporting a certain agenda, and instead supporting FREE SPEECH.

Huh?
I support free speech.
I don't use twitter. I couldn't care less who says what on twitter or who is banned or not banned on twitter.
I have no agenda.
Musk is a bad person and deserves justice.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 07:30:38 (permalink)
For me Twitter is = me me me attention.
This century has become the: "i want your attention and i will make a fool of myself to get it (tik tok)" 🙄.
That is why i call them hippie media 😏🤣🤣

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2366
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 08:05:31 (permalink)
lol the funniest part I've seen was when Musk touted his love of free speech and then started talking about banning all parody accounts who didn't very clearly indicate they were parody accounts. Then there were tons of Elon Musk parody accounts that got banned even though they were explicitly clear they were parody accounts (not including Cathy Griffin's stunt, because she was just trying to stay relevant and intentionally didn't follow the new rule change he just suddenly made lol). The funny part was that after they did that, there was a ton of outcry and he had to walk back several of the bans...including hers...which actually was a breach of the new rules that were only stated in one of his tweets (not in TOS), meaning the rules are pointless and only followed at Musk's whimsy anyway.

This is just one example. He's done a bunch of this kind of sudden rule changes (and firings) which get walked back when he realizes the unintended repercussions. He clearly has no idea what he's doing and as far as free speech is concerned, he only cares about it when he feels his opinions are being limited. He's happy to limit opposing opinions. This is done by both "the left" and "the right" so I don't think either really gets a high ground here. They both only care about their own agenda anyway, and the same can be said for Elon.

I do have several problems with him, all jokes aside, that have nothing to do with politics, "wokeness" or "free speech". One is that he fosters and promotes burn-out culture of the 80's where you really just want all of your staff to work about 12-20 hours per day until they literally die from health issues or jump from a high window somewhere. Look at reviews from engineers who've left any of his companies. They all say the same thing; i.e. that some of the work was fun and exciting, but the culture expected you not to have a personal life or even ever leave the office sometimes. So they're great if you only plan to work there for a few months and put some money in the bank. There's no long-term success involved. It's just crash-courses for short-term gains. I have a fundamental and ethical problem with that mentality. It is more harmful than helpful for everyone involved and even has a long-term negative effect on the economy. He also tries to claim he's some kind of environmental-warrior for good when his factories and products do tons of damage to the environment. Lithium batteries are a transition-resource at best. They should be looked at as temporary means to develop electric vehicle technology as they have no long-term future and are extremely wasteful. I don't want to buy a car that only has scrap value in cold weather climates after 3-5 years because the batteries are now useless and prohibitively expensive to "recycle" or remove so the whole car becomes a throw-away commodity. It's a giant lie. As others have pointed out, you don't have to look far to find evidence of the great many lies and misleading claims he's made running his businesses to know what kind of person he is.

Personally, I don't really care if Twitter succeeds or fails. Something will take its place. Look at Myspace, Xanga, Vine, and all the other social medias of yesteryear that have been replaced. People move on. Twitter would have likely been replaced eventually anyway. I currently have an account and the three main things I do on there are get updates from JacobF, keep up on game and hardware news/updates, and keep up with NUFC updates. I could find ways of doing that elsewhere really, but it's fast and allows some direct interaction, so I like it for that. I think if it fails, it will be regardless of Musk. He's currently just turning himself into a walking meme. Twitter will be replaced when something better comes along whether it's because of Musk or not.
post edited by B0baganoosh - 2022/12/01 08:06:49

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 08:50:38 (permalink)
@b0baganoosh,

Every action these people in power make in the present is to alter the outcome of the future.
The way i see it, they are fighting among themselves to see who gets most of the attention so he/she wont get purged.
Anything they do is not beneficial for me, hence they wont get my attention.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 08:53:30 (permalink)
atfrico
@b0baganoosh,

Every action these people in power make in the present is to alter the outcome of the future.
The way i see it, they are fighting among themselves to see who gets most of the attention so he/she wont get purged.
Anything they do is not beneficial for me, hence they wont get my attention.

Yes. part of what I wrote was a 100% agreement with your previous post too.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 08:59:13 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
*snip*

Yes I agree, it was contradictory when he banned someone (albeit temporarily) for mocking him. I think he's since realized the folly of that decision.

Totally agree with your views on the work culture he apparently promotes. I've managed some very successful teams, and overworking people like that does not foster good results in the long term, not if you want to retain those people.

Speaking from a purely practical viewpoint, if you have a basically limitless supply of people for relatively low-skill work or work that does not require a lot of resources to get them producing, then I can see why a business might drive their staff like that (not that I agree with it). I get the impression this is what is going on with Musk - either you work your butt off, or you can leave because there are plenty of other people available who are just as qualified to do it.

Regarding EV's and lithium, yes it's not sustainable and very damaging to the environment,  but it's been discussed already on another thread somewhere in these forums. On a side note, I've made a killing in lithium stocks over the last year or so... make hay while the sun shines. ;)

Twitter is very entwined in many businesses, so I don't see it fading away as easily as the many other social media companies you mentioned.. it's a different animal. Having said that, I use it like you do - to get updates on tech (and Jacob's announcements lol).. in fact I've only ever posted once, and that was to comment one word on an EVGA tweet. The word: "nice". lol.

I agree with the attention-seeking theme too, although TikTok is far more sickening in that regard.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/12/01 09:00:43

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10337
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 10:01:10 (permalink)
Nereus

LMAO @ when Musk first took over and in week 1 many of the far left celebs and mainstream media outlets were screaming at the sky about how he had ruined twitter and was censoring their free speech etc. etc., and then it turned out the algorithm had not even been altered in any way at that point, nor had many of the people who 'edit' twitter left yet - and certainly none had been replaced. All those brainwashed fools screaming because they were told to, none of it based on reality, all just pure hyped emotion based on lies.

There is no denying there was a left bias on twitter and FB for several years (and high level execs from both platforms have admitted it in recent months). So far Musk has kept to his word to make it an OPEN platform for everyone; as long as posts are not illegal, he's not going to deny your Constitutionally protected right to free speech, whether you lean left or right, and that is exactly how it should be.

Of course that does not mean freedom of responsibility for what you post, and that is also how it should be, nothing has changed there.

What amazed me is when he asked if previously banned accounts should be allowed back (other than ones banned for illegal content), over 40% of the many millions of respondents voted AGAINST free speech! Absolutely shocking. Scary that so many people have been bombarded with anti-conservative messaging for so long that they fail to see that their actions are precisely what they claim to be fighting against! One appears to be posting on this thread - you can see the utter hatred and vitriol directed at Musk all because Musk isn't supporting a certain agenda, and instead supporting FREE SPEECH. Ironically, many of the left absolutely adored Musk when he went up against big oil with his electric Tesla vehicles.

Advertisers leaving twitter are, in the minds of many, tacitly acknowledging that they do not support free speech or the US Constitution. That's their prerogative. "Go woke, go broke" is often a result of such decisions based on emotion rather than facts, and deservedly so imo.

I am glad there is someone standing up for treating everybody equally, not just ones who support a certain agenda. Also good to hear today that twitter is breaking records for new signups / logins.

Extremely concerning that the White House is making veiled threats to 'look into' twitter.. very very very concerning.

“I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

At this point, Musk is looking like a champion of free speech - at least to those who are able to look at the situation objectively. Those casting vitriol and hatred towards him for his actions (to date) need to seriously look deep inside themselves and contemplate where that emotion is coming from, because they are sounding and acting a LOT like the fascists they claim to despise.

That sums things up nicely.  Agreed...

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 10:14:04 (permalink)
Musk's previous actions warrant correction and justice. The person with an agenda is the one who says that one specific thing makes all other transgressions unimportant and forgiven.
I don't care what supposed great thing he did when he burned up twitter, I just want him knocked off his pedestal. As long as he triumphs, hope in justice and humanity is lost. It's really odd how people turn a blind eye or tolerate abuse and corruption.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 10:38:12 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Musk's previous actions warrant correction and justice. The person with an agenda is the one who says that one specific thing makes all other transgressions unimportant and forgiven.
I don't care what supposed great thing he did when he burned up twitter, I just want him knocked off his pedestal. As long as he triumphs, hope in justice and humanity is lost. It's really odd how people turn a blind eye or tolerate abuse and corruption.

You mean like Nvidia 😏

B0baganoosh

Yes. part of what I wrote was a 100% agreement with your previous post too.

I know bud 😎👍

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 11:30:57 (permalink)
ty_ger07

This thread was about twitter, and that's what I was speaking of. Exactly where did anyone on this thread say all other alleged perceived transgressions are unimportant? Nobody said that, it was just that it was not on topic. Typical though - just throw in a whataboutism and make things up when you can't refute anything on topic. I notice you never actually clarify what these "abuse and corruption and transgressions" were. The only thing that is clear is that you despise him, but you don't quite know why. Maybe you should go look it up on MSM, lmao.

"I just want him knocked off his pedestal."  Really? Sounds like one of two things; tall poppy syndrome, or you've been brainwashed to hate him because he didn't support a left agenda, and made fools out of many on the left who previously adored him for his success in massively expanding the EV market vis a vis going green (which is another irony, but I digress). "It's really odd how people turn a blind eye or tolerate abuse and corruption." Bwahahahaha! Hilarious! Smh.. let me guess which President you voted for... Too funny.

"As long as he triumphs, hope in justice and humanity is lost." LMAO.. LOLOLOL.. hey everybody, we have a sky screamer! So, as long as free speech triumphs, hope in justice and humanity is lost? What in the wide wide world of sports has justice and humanity got to do with this forum topic? Are you really that far gone? If you were really that concerned about justice and humanity, there are FAR bigger fish to fry than Elon Musk, and many MANY of them. You sorry little man. I'm betting you think you actually support free speech - as long as is speech that supports your viewpoint, right, Mr 1984?

This thread is about twitter. Keep on topic.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/12/01 11:42:06

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 11:40:14 (permalink)
I want twitter to fail because I want Elon Musk to fail. It has nothing to do with a left, right, or center agenda. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech or anything else. Because of your narrow-minded assumptions, I am responding to your accusations. Otherwise, you would not see my reply.

You can see a short summary of my opinion of his abuses and transgressions listed earlier. You just need to look.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 11:52:41 (permalink)
ty_ger07
I want twitter to fail because I want Elon Musk to fail. It has nothing to do with a left, right, or center agenda. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech or anything else. Because of your narrow-minded assumptions, I am responding to your accusations. Otherwise, you would not see my reply.

You can see a short summary of my opinion of his abuses and transgressions listed earlier. You just need to look.

It has everything to do with it. You have made it clear you want twitter to fail purely because of who owns it, despite the fact that the owner is clearly a free speech absolutist and is pushing twitter to be exactly that (which it should be) - this means you're against free speech. That's it. Either that or you're a sociopath. Or both. It's like knowingly voting to shred The Constitution and destroy the country but claiming you don't really want to destroy the country, it's just that you don't like someone in it, so EVERYONE MUST DIE so you can satisfy your blind baseless hatred above all else, despite who it might hurt. Sick. You want to hate him, fine, you can be a hater, you're still free to do so in this country (for now), but hating twitter because of him? That means you must also hate Tesla, ergo you must love fossil fuels and hate any type of green agenda. You must hate any advancement in space exploration. You must hate Ukraine because Elon Musk provided internet service there, heck, you must hate the internet because Musk has an ISP... yet here you are using the internet. lol. Wake up.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/12/01 12:01:57

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:00:38 (permalink)
🙄 sheesh. Ok Tyger wants E.M.to fail and Nereus doesnt 🤔
Before you proceed can i buy from you guys a 3080ti BNIB for $600 🙃. Layaway payment btw😼
EM is not worth arguing.🤦

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:03:49 (permalink)
You have let your ideology cloud your judgement. You are wrong about my motivations.
The assumptions you listed about me are radically false. It's laughable.
I am the one with an agenda?
Elon Musk is a scam artist who creates companies in fields which are massively subsidized, makes huge claims he knows are false, purposely deceives people, and all he gets is a slap on the wrist. All he cares about is keeping the charade going while he is young enough to enjoy it. He will go down in history as his true self. In the meantime, some people will apparently dance to his hypnosis.
Have a good day.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/12/01 12:12:02

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:07:25 (permalink)

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:09:16 (permalink)
atfrico
Before you proceed can i buy from you guys a 3080ti BNIB for $600 🙃. Layaway payment btw😼

Sold them already. I do have an EVGA RTX 2070 Super Ultra gaming card I'll be selling soon though.

As far as Musk failing - if he fails he fails, if he doesn't he doesn't - the world will continue to turn (or flip like a pancake if you're into the flat earth thing). It's just funny how so many people suddenly hate twitter and Musk because the MSM told them to hate him because he is some sort of traitor to their agenda for championing free speech that doesn't agree with their opinion. If I was in that position, I'd be questioning what I stood for and why.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:16:50 (permalink)
B0baganoosh

B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:19:35 (permalink)
Nereus
atfrico

Sold them already. I do have an EVGA RTX 2070 Super Ultra gaming card I'll be selling soon though.

As far as Musk failing - if he fails he fails, if he doesn't he doesn't - the world will continue to turn (or flip like a pancake if you're into the flat earth thing). It's just funny how so many people suddenly hate twitter and Musk because the MSM told them to hate him because he is some sort of traitor to their agenda for championing free speech that doesn't agree with their opinion. If I was in that position, I'd be questioning what I stood for and why.

While I'm not going to disagree with you in theory (and I know your statement wasn't directed at me), I will suggest that you ask yourself why you believe he is "championing free speech". Is it because he said he is (again and again)? What has he done? Buying Twitter and removing 3/4 of the staff doesn't champion free speech in any way. Other than unbanning a certain ex-president who was only banned for violating published TOS, which seems like as much of a publicity stunt trying to draw more people into the platform as anything else, what has he actually done? I'm not asking you to take opinions from anybody (especially CNN or FOX lol), but I'm just suggesting that you may have an opinion that is based just as much on propaganda as the one diametrically opposed to it and not realize it. I'm also not saying 100% that you have, as I will claim some ignorance on the subject of "everything the guy has done with Twitter", but just a friendly suggestion to take a step back and make sure you are arguing from solid ground. For example though, he clearly already has banned "free speech" that wasn't the kind he liked. So I would not be inclined to say that he's a champion of free speech just because he says he is. I also wouldn't claim Twitter was before he bought it.

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:29:34 (permalink)
Nereus
B0baganoosh

Nice one b0baganoosh. I would have put a meme too but im at the job 😭.
@nereus
Nein, no 2070, i want a 3080ti 😼

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:53:39 (permalink)
B0baganoosh
Nereus
atfrico

While I'm not going to disagree with you in theory (and I know your statement wasn't directed at me), I will suggest that you ask yourself why you believe he is "championing free speech". Is it because he said he is (again and again)? What has he done? Buying Twitter and removing 3/4 of the staff doesn't champion free speech in any way. Other than unbanning a certain ex-president who was only banned for violating published TOS, which seems like as much of a publicity stunt trying to draw more people into the platform as anything else, what has he actually done? I'm not asking you to take opinions from anybody (especially CNN or FOX lol), but I'm just suggesting that you may have an opinion that is based just as much on propaganda as the one diametrically opposed to it and not realize it. I'm also not saying 100% that you have, as I will claim some ignorance on the subject of "everything the guy has done with Twitter", but just a friendly suggestion to take a step back and make sure you are arguing from solid ground. For example though, he clearly already has banned "free speech" that wasn't the kind he liked. So I would not be inclined to say that he's a champion of free speech just because he says he is. I also wouldn't claim Twitter was before he bought it.

Pretty much already addressed this earlier. I would have to assume you are aware that Twitter was previously biased in their censorship and promotion of posts, which has been well documented. Maybe you should look into that first. Their own staff have admitted it, and there are reams of examples. Elon Musk purchased twitter ostensibly to put an end to this kind of censorship (and no doubt to make some money - he's a businessman after all). He would never have purchased it otherwise. The prior bias is not something you should doubt by now, not if you're being objective. It doesn't matter that it was Elon Musk buying twitter. It could have been some nobody from some little town in the middle of nowhere, it is actions that count, as you inferred. Musk has removed a bloated staff that overwhelmingly and unabashedly were left supporters and operated twitter accordingly. Musk has, or is in the process of removing all previous bans (unless they were banned for illegal activity) and will have twitter function according to one of the pillars of The Constitution - specifically free speech. Yes he banned someone temporarily for trolling him or pretending they were him or something like that, and as I already said, I imagine he regrets that now because it looks like a contradiction. Then again, he owns twitter, so he can do what he likes (which is what many on the left used as an argument prior to Musk taking over, ironically). Musk has been known as a free speech absolutist long before he purchased twitter. I consider what he is doing is championing free speech because he is not flipping it right, nor is he censoring left speech; he is letting everyone speak freely - the only requirement is that it's not illegal. If someone creates an account and claims they are someone else and makes statements purporting to be that person, then that is technically illegal, so.... he was right to ban someone for doing that to him, if that's what happened. If you want free speech, you also have to be responsible for what you say. It is arguable that twitter has influenced elections by their suppression of certain news and promotion of other news, based on which party it favored. That is NOT something we should be seeing in a country that claims freedom of speech as one of our founding principles. That Musk purchased twitter for this reason, and has been acting on it already (with the support of the majority) makes him a champion of free speech. That's it in a nutshell.

yaymz
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 12:53:50 (permalink)
Nereus

100% this ^ 

cpu: Intel 12900k-EK Quantum Magnitude waterblock
mobo: Asus z690 Apex
ram: G.skill DDR5 @ 6000+.
gpu: MSI 4090 Suprim Liq x on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio ABP waterblock
ssd: Samsung m.2 980 Pro 2TB (x2)
psu: beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1500w
case: Lian-li o11d xl
monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p @240hz (PG279QM).[/
yaymz
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 13:23:54 (permalink)
ty_ger07
seth89

Are you sure?
SpaceX is on the verge of Bankruptcy according to his warning to his employees, the boring company is non-competitive, the hyperloop is toast and testing tunnel dismantled, he lost his position at Tesla, Tesla's value dropped in half, twitter has sunk a huge amount of his virtual value down the drain, with 10 billion more lost every month, and he is trying to get the government to bail him out on the backs of us tax payers by hyper inflating the value of his starlink equipment.
He does not know how to run a company. Do some research on him. Research him the human, where he came from, why he was fired or forced to stand down, all his empty promises and scandals, and where he is heading; not him the mythical creature people idolize with a percentage of every paycheck in a mutual fund. To run a company, you need to manage people effectively. He has been fired or legally removed from many of his positions. What he does is scam people, with empty promises, with a cult following, protected by his dwindling wealth. He has an e-fortune created by lies and gullible people not in his immediate circle.
His days are numbered. He will be trashed and forgotten. It's only a matter of time.

You have no idea what you are talking about, all this is just bunk MSM/fake independent media and establishment talking points/headlines that get shared on social media by sheep who can't even read a full article or do outside research on their own.  And isn't it funny that all these "hit pieces" suddenly popped up over the last 6 months or so?

Space X (btw) has saved US taxpayers close to $100 billion which is about 2-3% amount of subsidies they have received, over what would have been spent with NASA/military to get equipment in to space.  Also you realize that Space X is a private company?  If this went IPO, the share price would be through the roof.  This year Space X has launched more tonnage into space than every singe Government space agency in the world combined. Do you even know these facts?

Back to Twitter,  I get we have a lot of soft millennials and gen Z'ers that are afraid of Elon's work ethos and are crying because they live in a fantasy world that ex-Twitter employees used to live in where you make $200-300k writing 20 lines of code a month and never have to show up to work, but this was never sustainable.  The layoffs would have happened at Twitter regardless.  Twitter trimmed the fat, has 20% of it's previous workforce and is running better than ever with the biggest user base it has ever had.  Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No Excuses.

cpu: Intel 12900k-EK Quantum Magnitude waterblock
mobo: Asus z690 Apex
ram: G.skill DDR5 @ 6000+.
gpu: MSI 4090 Suprim Liq x on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio ABP waterblock
ssd: Samsung m.2 980 Pro 2TB (x2)
psu: beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1500w
case: Lian-li o11d xl
monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p @240hz (PG279QM).[/
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 14:44:53 (permalink)
yaymz
You have no idea what you are talking about, all this is just bunk MSM/fake independent media and establishment talking points/headlines that get shared on social media by sheep who can't even read a full article or do outside research on their own.  And isn't it funny that all these "hit pieces" suddenly popped up over the last 6 months or so?

Not so.

I'm not talking about something published on a tabloid site in the past months.  I am talking about what he has said over a period of years.  This isn't new information.

He said that SpaceX was on the verge of bankruptcy, at the start of this year, if they didn't meet a deadline (which they haven't met).  Fact.  That's why he secretly got US funding to give Ukraine "free" internet.  And that is why he is pushing so hard to get additional US funding at 8x the standard price in order to keep the existing Ukraine "free" internet equipment online.  He is desperate for funding.  SpaceX rockets are not human rated, but are operating at a comparable cost to the Shuttle which was human rated.  That's progress? We had a successful rocket stage retro landing demonstration 30 years prior by a different group of people. The concept isn't new and the solution isn't new. It hasn't ever been proven to be economically viable. The engines and stages are minimally "reusable" where the inspection and repair cost is about the same as manufacturing cost. Payload reduction more than offsets any supposed cost benefits (even if they could figure out how to reuse them more affordably).  We were supposed to have SpaceX on Mars years ago.  What happened?  False hype. Where is the fun mars mission with entertainers and fine dining? False hype. Where are the multiple rocket trips per day to the other side of earth? False investment claims. They are highly subsidized, so it is impossible to make good comparisons, but it is pretty clear that they aren't saving us money, especially when the majority of their payload is their own product which us taxpayers are funding. How can you see that as a positive?

Why did he leave PayPal?

Why was he kicked off the board of directors at Tesla and fined 10 million?

What did he say about those fake solar roof tiles that he claimed were installed and claimed were a working product?  Was that false advertising? Why did it take so long for the tiles to actually be on the market, and look so different than the advertised 'working' tiles?

What about the fake 4 minute Tesla battery swap demonstrations?  Were they false advertising and stock hype?

What about the robo taxi software that was definitely coming out 4 years ago which made it "financial suicide" not to order a Tesla?  Was that false advertising and stock hype?

What about the solar-powered rapid charging stations?  Where are they? What kind of bump did that give to their share price?

What about the car that would smart summon across America?  Was he purposely lying in order to increase share prices?

What about the full self-driving videos which employees later admitted were fake. Was that intentional fraud?

What about the hyperloop?  Did he know that it was technologically impossible to do what he suggested?  Was that hype? Where did that funding go?

What about the truck which was "this is something we can do today", years ago? Was that stock hype? It was "financial suicide" to continue to invest in rail. What happened? People pre-ordered, waited for the release 4 years late, and now the company says that they are keeping the trucks for internal company use only. Where did the pre-order money go? Who wants a truck anyway which hauls 1/4 to 1/2 as much payload, 1/4 the distance, and takes 32 times longer to "refuel" for the same distance (best case)? Where is the smart driving? Where is the convoy system? Where are all the features which would be "financial suicide" not to have?

The list goes on and on.  Look at any presentation, see what he says, and see what the follow-through is.  He never delivers.  Every time the stock shoots up from hype, but the product never arrives.  It can't last forever.  He is a con man. The bumps in stock are getting smaller and smaller. People are catching on.

The boring company is non-competitive.  Tesla is up against steep competition at a better price.  The hyperloop is dead.  SpaceX is struggling.  And Musk is losing money like crazy after purchasing Twitter and running it into the ground. Twitter isn't a left versus right thing, unless you make it that. Fundamentally, the twitter advertiser thing is caused by a display of a mess of contradictory statements made by poor leadership (Musk), chaos, heavy-handed actions and statements which make your employees hate you and leave, and the advertisers reacting to it all by exiting because they are afraid of massive and rapid instability affecting their brand image. People want to make it a left vs right thing and say that advertisers bailed due to their political affiliations, but really the only reason left vs right is continuing to be pushed so hard is because that is the only thing keeping twitter relevant. Twitter is purposely fanning the flames.

The only hope for justice for Musk misleading people and capitalizing at people's expense, is that he loses enough power that people are no longer scared of holding him accountable.  He is not someone to idolize.  He is a symbol of corruption and intentional abuse. He is a villain.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/12/09 06:00:30

Nozler
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2043
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Welp... RIP Twitter? 2022/12/01 19:46:48 (permalink)
Even if Twitter dies, Sir Elon will not be hurting. Maybe he,ll soft land three rocket boosters at the same time next time. And put human DNA on a interstellar object. I asked JPL just that a decade ago. I think they broke a rib from laughing 🤣 He called me a jester once, to heck with it say it like it is. As I have no personal affiliation, just bouncing enunciation off of an empty blackboard. 😆 Got temp banned here once too I was being a bad boy.
post edited by Nozler - 2022/12/01 23:29:49
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile