Weird fan issues with EVGA GTX1080 SC

Author
martigo
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/03 11:08:05 (permalink)
Specs: i7 4930k, GTX 1080, win10 64bit pro, 32gb ram
I have an EVGA GTX1080 SC. Have had it for about a year now and it was working well. Suddenly a week ago it started behaving weirdly. It started ramping up its fans and they are much louder than they have ever been. In short, when the GPU idles its fine, the fans are at 0rpm and it doesnt heat up. When I start gaming/doing anything GPU intensive, it heats up (ofc) and at some point (not always, it happens sporadically) the fans start spinning very loudly. When its cooled down, the fans are back to 0. I've tried watching this cycle with AIDA64 and the interesting thing is that when the GPU fans are at maximum AIDA doesn't recognise that, only when the fans are slowing down AIDA shows rpms.
I've tried reinstalling drivers, changing the fan curve manually, uninstalling GPU management software (MSI Afterburner), replugging the 8pin power connector to the GPU and replugging the GPU itself

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Weird fan issues with EVGA GTX1080 SC 2020/09/11 13:54:32 (permalink)
    Could it be your PC needs a good cleaning or a case fan issue, that is leaving the heat inside your case ?

Run GPU-Z (its free) & look at the Sensor tab to see what temps, load, voltage ... & ll the other information - are all doing

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile