EVGA

Weird USB Issue with 680i

Author
se7ensorrows
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2010/07/06 07:43:53 (permalink)
I have been having a weird UBS issue for the last couple of months. I have worked on it everyday for the past 2 weeks and have not come any closer to a solution so now I hope someone in the community can help.

Problem: One of my USB ports keeps connecting and disconnecting... it keeps making the "bah-dump, da-dup" sound and giving me and error message in window 7 and the bottom right had corner of the screen. (See attached picture.) Then when I click on it shows me that an unknown device is attached (see capture 1 and 2 attached) the thing is I don’t have any device attached to that port. I have tried unplugging everything from my computer and it still does it. I think the problem is some how connected to the mouse that I am using because If the mouse is idle it does not do it as frequently and if I use it happens much more actively. But I unplug the mouse and it still happens and I have tried another keyboard and mouse but it still happens
It does not bother any of my gaming or work but it is super annoying to have it to the "bah-dump, da-dup" sound every minute or so and it really ruins video games and movies to have that going of in the background. I looked to see if there is a way to just disable that port in bios but I don’t think there is that option.

Solutions I have tired:
I updated the mobo drivers
I updated the bios to P33
I tried uninstalling all of the nvida drivers and letting windows install them.
I uninstalled and disabled that particulate usb port
I uninstalled the UBS hub and then let windows reinstall
I uninstalled all the nvida drivers again and tried the optimized nForce driver packs for Win7/Vista (32/64bit) by Fernando1

None of these solutions worked and now I am out of ideas… all my windows drivers are up-to-date.
I hope that some one has a solution out there. I would like to just disable that port if there is that option considering I don’t use it anyway

Thanks for the help!
[size=3 font="times new roman"] 
Mainboard : EVGA 122-CK-NF68
Chipset : nVidia nForce 680i SLI SPP
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 3333 MHz
Physical Memory : 8192 MB (4 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (x2 SLI)
Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST75ZF 750W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS12V SLI Certified
Hard Disk : OCZ-VERTEX  SSD (64 GB)
Hard Disk : ST3320620AS (320 GB)
Hard Disk : ST3500630AS (500 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N ATA Device
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 ATA Device
Monitor Type : ASUS PG221 - 22 inches
Network Card :  RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Operating System : Windows 7 Professional Professional 6.01.7600  (x64)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 6.7 on 7.9
[size=3 font="times new roman"] 

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

cherokeecruiser2002
    • Total Posts : 37
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Weird USB Issue with 680i 2010/07/10 20:58:02 (permalink)
    I have the same board and mine used to do the same thing as far as the sound but I don't get a device not recognized.  Sounds like the port is going bad so I'd just stop using it.  There should be a way to do that in BIOS.  I don't have lots of exerience with Windows 7 but can it be disabled in Device Manager?

If you don't mind, could you please share with me how you got your Chipset and especially the ethernet drivers installed in Win 7x64?  I am selling mine to a friend because I just upgraded and for the life of me I can't get the driver components to show up - using the latest from nVidia.  All it lets me install is the nVidia storage driver.

I7 10700k
    MSI Z490 MAG Tomahawk
    32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200 CL16 
    MSI GTX 1080
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile