EVGA

"We will NOT be selling loot boxes" says Fatshark as first footage of Warhammer: Vermintid

Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2017/10/18 08:26:28 (permalink)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-we-will-not-be-selling-loot-boxes-says-fatshark-as-first-footage-of-warhammer-vermintide-2-airs

Swedish developer Fatshark has revealed the first gameplay footage for sequel Warhammer: Vermintide 2, confirming Chaos as the new faction though Skaven will return as well.

But perhaps more pertinently Fatshark declared Vermintide 2 will "NOT", capital letters, have loot boxes. "Loot comes from gameplay, not your wallet," Fatshark poster Hedge said on Reddit.

4 Replies Related Threads

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: "We will NOT be selling loot boxes" says Fatshark as first footage of Warhammer: Vermi 2017/10/18 15:12:27 (permalink)
    Uh huh sure. Anytime a game dev says they won't do something they end up doing it anyways. I've learned to not always put faith in what any game dev says until they ACTUALLY follow through with their promises. By the way the reason I don't buy what the devs for this game say is because it always comes down to money\greed.
    post edited by Killmur - 2017/10/18 15:16:52

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: "We will NOT be selling loot boxes" says Fatshark as first footage of Warhammer: Vermi 2017/10/18 19:58:22 (permalink)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: "We will NOT be selling loot boxes" says Fatshark as first footage of Warhammer: Vermi 2017/10/18 23:03:54 (permalink)
    They sell maps though........

Splits the player base up tons and devalues the content significantly beyond the first couple of days after release. That was my big issue with the first game. Once the paid DLC maps started coming if you pug your options became very limited.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: "We will NOT be selling loot boxes" says Fatshark as first footage of Warhammer: Vermi 2017/10/18 23:49:41 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    They sell maps though........

Splits the player base up tons and devalues the content significantly beyond the first couple of days after release. That was my big issue with the first game. Once the paid DLC maps started coming if you pug your options became very limited.

That was my problem with the first one. They did like a half dozen maps and you would play rounds and see people fall off because they didn't have the newer maps. I can understand wanting to make more money off the game though but feel they should have made it base game or you own all the maps instead of offering the maps as an individual option. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile