Helpful ReplyWaterblock for 1080 Classified

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 10
Author
kwkrnu72
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 598
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/08/29 19:26:57 (permalink)
scgt1
Knock knock EK It's LATE AUGUST Less then 3 days to go. They have been ignoring my posts on their Facebook wall when they announce other products. Posts simply asking if they are still on point with the stated release. This delay keeps up and I may go with a different manufacturer of block. Have the paperweight of FTW still sealed on my desk and getting tired of just looking at a box.

The fact they can't respond to a simple post asking a simple question but can reply to some moron about what parts he would need for a system (DUDE ARE YOU UNDER A ROCK USE THE COOLING CONFIG PAGE THEY HAVE BEEN TOUTING ABOUT) not once but twice in the same hour. They seem to for the majority keep ignoring the countless 1080 FTW posts people make. I've seen them ignore plenty of Classy posts also.

Avoidance is one quick reason for me to look elsewhere and spend my money with a different company. I've already taken a huge leap from red to green because amd can't get their crap together and want to cater to budget builders and lower end mechanics. Sure not afraid to find a different full cover block from an EK competitor.

BTW To the dude above that slapped his gpu on the "Outside" of the ESD bag. Not a good idea. You may want to research ESD bags and how they work. Straight on that table below was a better choice.

You know that the only manufacturer making a block for the Classy and FTW will likely be EK, yes?  I've heard that bitspower MIGHT make one for the FTW, but, IF they decide to, they're even further away than EK is.  

Relax, jr.....blocks will come.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/08/29 19:30:05 (permalink)

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

scgt1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 826
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/08/29 20:46:29 (permalink)
EK_Luc
scgt1
Knock knock EK It's LATE AUGUST Less then 3 days to go. They have been ignoring my posts on their Facebook wall when they announce other products. Posts simply asking if they are still on point with the stated release. This delay keeps up and I may go with a different manufacturer of block. Have the paperweight of FTW still sealed on my desk and getting tired of just looking at a box.

The fact they can't respond to a simple post asking a simple question but can reply to some moron about what parts he would need for a system (DUDE ARE YOU UNDER A ROCK USE THE COOLING CONFIG PAGE THEY HAVE BEEN TOUTING ABOUT) not once but twice in the same hour. They seem to for the majority keep ignoring the countless 1080 FTW posts people make. I've seen them ignore plenty of Classy posts also.

Avoidance is one quick reason for me to look elsewhere and spend my money with a different company. I've already taken a huge leap from red to green because amd can't get their crap together and want to cater to budget builders and lower end mechanics. Sure not afraid to find a different full cover block from an EK competitor.

BTW To the dude above that slapped his gpu on the "Outside" of the ESD bag. Not a good idea. You may want to research ESD bags and how they work. Straight on that table below was a better choice.

I don't handle the EK Facebook page so I can only apologize for the lack of answers there.

And the ETA for the FTW is in 2 weeks. 

Is that 2 weeks to other e-tailers (FrozenCPU, Performance-PCS, ETC) or 2 weeks to the EK website?

Heatware scgt1
ebay scgt1
EDGE

EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
  • Total Posts : 324
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/08/30 05:00:55 (permalink)
scgt1
EK_Luc

I don't handle the EK Facebook page so I can only apologize for the lack of answers there.

Is that 2 weeks to other e-tailers (FrozenCPU, Performance-PCS, ETC) or 2 weeks to the EK website?

2 weeks to the EK Webshop but e-tailers like PPCS make orders on a very regular basis so they usually have the new products within days after the release.

FrozenCPU, forget that
scgt1
SSC Member
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/08/30 05:09:25 (permalink)
EK_Luc
scgt1
EK_Luc

2 weeks to the EK Webshop but e-tailers like PPCS make orders on a very regular basis so they usually have the new products within days after the release.

FrozenCPU, forget that

Thanks for the update.

Heatware scgt1
ebay scgt1
EDGE

BytalesXT
  • Total Posts : 39
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 02:04:56 (permalink)
I wanted to place an order for some ek waterblock, and tonight i orderen one 1080 classified. I asked EK whats up with the waterblock for the classified, here is what they answered:

Dear customer

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm really sorry, but sadly due to the amount of work we have with other water blocks and products, we will not be making full cover water blocks for this card.
We can only offer you our universal VGA water blocks for this card - https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/universal-vga-waterblocks/vga-supremacy

Best regards, Igor

I sure hope someone will make a waterblock for the Card, the only other Option would be to send the Card to Alphacool so that they may make a waterblock for it.
BytalesXT
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 02:48:29 (permalink)
EKWB just answered me further that they are still planning to make a water block for the FTW Version. Now i gotta decide if i should Keep the classified in the hopes someone will be making a waterblock, or cancel order and get the FTW Version, which is also cheaper. Damn !
BytalesXT
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 03:11:50 (permalink)
I think im going to keep the classified and hope for the best ! Damn it though !
Sheene
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 04:04:40 (permalink)
A bit disappointed by the lack of information on Classified blocks by EVGA. In one thread back in May they confirmed they will have one in the works but not from EK.

4 months later and still no additional info... Being the top end evga card I would have expected/liked a water block.

The EK universal block is just not good enough.

/rant

Lol ;)

Regards
post edited by Sheene - 2016/09/01 04:07:43
BytalesXT
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 07:06:31 (permalink)
Can perhaps someone from EVGA confirm us that there will be a waterblock for the Classified someday ? I reay have a shi(tone) of Radiators that could kewl two radeons 295x2 to absolute Zero, and i would hate to Keep the Card on air...
I allready asked Alphacool if they wanna make a block for the Card, they probably will, still Need to wait for their answer, if yes, im going to have to send them one Card...

Hopefuly swifttech or Koolance or someone will make a damn block for this Card.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 08:01:40 (permalink)
1080 Classy water block issue from EK - issue - no full cover block at this time -->Only our universal EK-VGA Supremacy block.
LINK Post #19
 http://forums.evga.com/EK...-m2540775.aspx#2542552

EK_Luc
Cool GTX
EK_Luc
Like you already know with the email Mattux received, we won't be making a block for the Classy.

Very sorry guys 

Thank you for communicating the status of this product (1080 Classified full coverage water block), to the EVGA forum members.

Does EK off any other cooling solutions that fit this card, even if they are not full coverage ?

Only our universal EK-VGA Supremacy block.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/universal-vga-waterblocks/vga-supremacy

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ridesy
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: Waterblock for 1080 Classified 2016/09/01 08:36:32 (permalink)
Sheene
A bit disappointed by the lack of information on Classified blocks by EVGA. In one thread back in May they confirmed they will have one in the works but not from EK.

4 months later and still no additional info... Being the top end evga card I would have expected/liked a water block.

The EK universal block is just not good enough.

/rant

Lol ;)

Regards

Sheene,

Where is this post from May, as I have 2 x Classy's and am negotiating with Scan in UK to return and replace with Asus STRIX as cannot use Classy's without waterblocks in my rig (or at least I won't use without watercool)?

If there was post advising blocks will exist from EVGA, I'd like to follow-up with someone at EVGA to check before returning the Classy's as these are still my preferred option, but only if I can watercool.

Ridesy

X79 Dark (2.09), 4820K @4.5Ghz, 1.225 vCore, 4 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz, 2 x GTX780 Classified Hydrocopper & HK3.0 CPU Watercool. DD5 Pump in XSPC bay Resevior.
troxx
  • Total Posts : 2
delete 2016/09/01 10:02:57 (permalink)
If you read back a few pages theres a link to ocUK where a rep said there would be blocks. Things change, but i guess an EVGA rep should be commenting on this situation.
forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29556138&postcount=7

Its maybe that...

post edited by troxx - 2016/09/01 10:13:50
day187
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: delete 2016/09/02 08:11:54 (permalink)
 EKwebs are taking pre oreders from there website for the FTW waterblock and backplate, mine should reach me by the 14th Sept

day
post edited by day187 - 2016/09/02 08:14:14
scgt1
SSC Member
Re: delete 2016/09/02 09:00:04 (permalink)
EK-Luc Can you get the measurements from the pci plate to the center of the terminals? I need to know how far the terminals are off from the EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) So I know if I need to completely get different fittings to go from the GPU to my Kryo m.2 waterblock. The following link is the area I'm talking about. It appears from images there is a pretty good difference between the distance of g 1/4 ports on the two blocks. http://imgur.com/oYClaaj Or at least the measurement from the edge of the block (i/o plate side) to the middle of each terminal. I can only assume the block fits to the edge of the pcb since there are no installed photos. That measurement will be close enough for what I need.

Heatware scgt1
ebay scgt1
EDGE

Darkboomhoney
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: delete 2016/09/05 03:59:03 (permalink)
Hi is there a waterblock coming for the gtx 1080 Classified like Hydro copper from Evga or not? 
I need a answer.... Evga pls 
Best regards 
ridesy
  • Total Posts : 54
Re: delete 2016/09/05 04:17:38 (permalink)
troxx
If you read back a few pages theres a link to ocUK where a rep said there would be blocks. Things change, but i guess an EVGA rep should be commenting on this situation.
forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29556138&postcount=7

Its maybe that...

Well, this sucks.

Did some further research, contacted EK directly and EVGA EU Customer support.

EK have reiterated by email they are not planning a block, but customer support guy (Igor) has asked again for me, although won't hold my breath as below:

Hi Jeremy

I'm really sorry, but sadly it was already decided we won't make a water block for this card so petition via EVGA won't help.
Basically this is the main reason as it will only be a very limited demand.

Anyway, I have send another email to our R&D guys to maybe reconsider and make a water block for this card, but at the moment, it is not in our plans. Doesn't hurt though... ;o)

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for contacting us.

Best regards, igor

I have also had below reply by email from EVGA Customer Support in EU:

Hello, 

Unfortunately we do not have any current information on possible waterblocks for the classified models at this time. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. 

Regards,
EVGA

In short, EVGA Europe are not aware of any firm plans and it was Ben as EVGA rep at overclockers forum who seemed convinced these were coming, but not from EK.

I have given up now and just sent my 2 x Classy's back to Scan UK, who have agreed to swap for Asus Strix 1080 GTX that we know already have EK blocks available.

I am personally gutted as have stuck with EVGA for last four graphics card set-ups and am having to go to Asus now as I will only run watercooled and wanted Classified at least, but that just isn't going to happen.

Ridesy
post edited by ridesy - 2016/09/05 07:14:39

X79 Dark (2.09), 4820K @4.5Ghz, 1.225 vCore, 4 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz, 2 x GTX780 Classified Hydrocopper & HK3.0 CPU Watercool. DD5 Pump in XSPC bay Resevior.
Darkboomhoney
Re: delete 2016/09/05 05:05:36 (permalink)
That sucks... Is the 980ti classy Block working on the 1080 Classified if you dont need the New sli Bridge have anyone Informations or an idea.
The pcb i think is the same like the 980ti Block only the New sli Bridge dont work.. I have heard..
scgt1
SSC Member
Re: delete 2016/09/05 08:12:23 (permalink)
Finally bit the bullet since who knows when Performance-pcs will get them in and if I'll get my order in before they sell out. $200.50 later it says delivery estimate of 9-14. Boy did I have to jump through hoops to order it too. Go to Paypal payment to select Paypal Credit (0% for 6mnths) NOPE. Not a choice. So I send money to my fiance so I get the 0% then transfer to my other Paypal account. Go to place the order again and no ability to use Paypal balance. Come on really!. Go back to select my Chase account and click submit and it just sits on a white page and doesn't process. So Go back to the cart and use my Chase Freedom card and I'm transferring the money from my Paypal balance to my bank account to pay the Chase Freedom card back. Ugh WAY too much work just to order a block and backplate.

Scoured the internet for a discount code too. Apparently there was one early this year with the new site design but it no longer works. Would have been great to get a discount at least. :-( Especially with all the trouble of making a payment. Basically seems the only form of payment accepted is a credit card since even bank transfer didn't work. Almost said forget it and waited to try my chances with Performance-pcs having stock when I notice they finally have them for sale.

Also never heard back from EK on the proper measurements from the I/O side of the block to the center of the G 1/4 ports. So I pulled out the triangle this morning and a dry erase marker drew a 45* and 60* line from my Kryo M.2 ssd block toward where I assume the far right G 1/4 port will be on the FTW block so I could figure out if I just needed another 45* or to get 2 60* from performance-pcs. I decided on the 60* as they seem like they will line up better. Who knows though since I never got the answer I was looking for unfortunately. :-( So I guess if all else fails I have a 45* I can use with a 60*

This is the problem area I'm talking about:

From the looks of the block photos for the FTW and the ek-fc r9-290x - acetal+nickel (rev.2.0) the G 1/4 ports will be further to the right (toward the front of the case). I was initially just going to order the block, backplate, and another 45* when Performance-pcs gets the block/backplate in. Since ordering 1 fitting yields like $7 shipping which is ridiculous. (They won't ship in bubble mailers). So I ordered 2 60*, 2' of the tubing in the pic above since I need a drain tube also and that piece above won't be long enough with the new card, and ordered a NZXT IU01 to split the one interal USB 2.0 header on my daily into 2 so I can use my Hue+ and Corsair Link. Hopefully my engineering and my guesstimation on where the ports on the FTW block will be in relation to the 290x block will pan out when it all gets here. If not I'm stuck with making it work somehow anyway because shipping cost on 1-2 fittings is nuts along with return policy on swapping out fittings.
post edited by scgt1 - 2016/09/05 08:22:02

Heatware scgt1
ebay scgt1
EDGE

EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
  • Total Posts : 324
Re: delete 2016/09/05 09:19:49 (permalink)
scgt1
EK-Luc Can you get the measurements from the pci plate to the center of the terminals? I need to know how far the terminals are off from the EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (Rev.2.0) So I know if I need to completely get different fittings to go from the GPU to my Kryo m.2 waterblock. The following link is the area I'm talking about. It appears from images there is a pretty good difference between the distance of g 1/4 ports on the two blocks. http://imgur.com/oYClaaj Or at least the measurement from the edge of the block (i/o plate side) to the middle of each terminal. I can only assume the block fits to the edge of the pcb since there are no installed photos. That measurement will be close enough for what I need.

Sorry I was out for the weekend.

Since I don't have any of those blocks in hands, I can't measure them. Sorry again.
StealthArsenal
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: delete 2016/09/05 10:04:36 (permalink)
The comment EK makes regarding limited demand indicates two (2) possibilities in my opinion.

1. The 1080 (classified specifically) is going to be phased out quickly as its replacement is being readied. (I.e. maybe a renamed Titan Xp with custom pcb, aka 1080ti to make way for hbm Titan. )
2. EVGA will be releasing their own block for the card in collaboration with EK. Would also lend a hand to limited demand claim.

This is all purely speculative, but neither would surprise me with the rate at which nvidia is moving with gpu releases these days.

My Affiliate Code: PGAH4ZMWSG

Main Rig:  |Intel Core i7 7820X||Aorous Z299 Ultra Gaming ||Asus Xonar DSX||Corsair Air 740||EVGA Supernova P2 1000||EVGA RTX 2080TI Ultra FTW3||Samsung 950 Pro 250gb NVME||Samsung Evo 500GB SSD x 2||Fractal Design Celcius S36||Logitech Z5500||Acer Predator XB271HU||Alienware AW34 Curved||32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 mHZ ||EVGA Torq X10||Corsair K70||Cablemod PSU Cables (Green/Black)|

Bingokongen
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: delete 2016/09/06 00:29:24 (permalink)
Well... There is a way!
A month ago, i fitted a EK-FC780 GTX Classy block on mine with paste and 0.5 mm pads. Works like a charm.

Asus Maximus VIII Gene
I7-6700K @ 4.9
64GB G.skill TridentZ @ 3000
EVGA GTX 1080 Classified +164 +600
EKWB XLC 360 Predator

I got The CPU and GPU in the loop, XLC 360 predator cooled by three Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM and two Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-2000 PWM intake-fans in a Phanteks Evolv Matx case.
GPU->CPU->Pump/rad
3dMark (Timespy/Firestrike) peaks 45c
Doing Arma 3 on Ultra (1080p - 60hz), temp will reach 45c max in heavy loads with fans at around 1000-1200 rpm in a small room with temp around 24-26c. But descends to sub-40's during regular gameplay.
Battlefield 4 and 1, all ultra, never reaches 40c.

Pics: imgur.com/a/McR4j

EDIT: 
3dmark.com/spy/324715
3dmark.com/fs/9883113

OH, i nearly forgot, i used 1mm pad for the vrm's.
post edited by Bingokongen - 2016/09/06 00:37:13
Darkboomhoney
Re: delete 2016/09/06 04:09:44 (permalink)
Oh good Informations... :) if the 780 Block working on the 1080 Classified you think the 980ti kpe cooler from ekwb worked too??

Other Information from german Support their worked on a classy Hydro cooler...
StealthArsenal
iCX Member
Re: delete 2016/09/06 04:30:58 (permalink)
Did you have to do any modifications to the block?  I am interested in mocking this up to my classy.  Does the stock backplate mount back up, or did you need different size machine screws? I would assume more or less, the block is a direct fit to the 1080 PCB?.

Do you have any other photos?  I am certainly intrigued by this.

Main Rig:  |Intel Core i7 7820X||Aorous Z299 Ultra Gaming ||Asus Xonar DSX||Corsair Air 740||EVGA Supernova P2 1000||EVGA RTX 2080TI Ultra FTW3||Samsung 950 Pro 250gb NVME||Samsung Evo 500GB SSD x 2||Fractal Design Celcius S36||Logitech Z5500||Acer Predator XB271HU||Alienware AW34 Curved||32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 mHZ ||EVGA Torq X10||Corsair K70||Cablemod PSU Cables (Green/Black)|

Bingokongen
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: delete 2016/09/06 05:03:04 (permalink)
Darkboomhoney
Oh good Informations... :) if the 780 Block working on the 1080 Classified you think the 980ti kpe cooler from ekwb worked too??

Other Information from german Support their worked on a classy Hydro cooler...

I have no idea about the 980ti KP cooler, Darkboomhoney. But i'm guessing it will... The PCB difference is minimal. Just be sure you plaster whatever might short.

StealthArsenal
Did you have to do any modifications to the block?  I am interested in mocking this up to my classy.  Does the stock backplate mount back up, or did you need different size machine screws? I would assume more or less, the block is a direct fit to the 1080 PCB?.

Do you have any other photos?  I am certainly intrigued by this.

No modifications, it fits quite well actually. I used the screws that came with the classy-block. They are tapered and are just nearly big enough to fasten, so i want to exchange them with some untapered ones in the future.  Other than that, The end of the card sagged a bit, so i used one of the original 1080 screws with a nut to tighten the bp to the end. I will try to post some pictures later today.

edit:wording

Darkboomhoney
Re: delete 2016/09/06 05:58:23 (permalink)
I think the 980ti kpe cooler doesnt work  because its too long and the dvi Port is blocked But i think the 980 classy cooler is working... 
StealthArsenal
iCX Member
Re: delete 2016/09/06 06:00:26 (permalink)
Just need to measure the blocks to make sure they line up properly and cover all the vrms and such beneath.  Do all classy's have the same general size as the 1080 classified.  Width and length? 

Edit:  I just compared the PCB's of the 980TI Classified to the 1080 Classified.  Unless the measurements work out way different (length and width of the block), the mounting is identical on the two cards for the waterblock.  The 980 on the other hand does not line up to the PCB mounting that is on the 1080.  You can compare the two PCB photos on EK's website and put the 980TI Classy next to the 1080 Classy and see what I am talking about.

Pure dimensions from EVGA's website would seem to indicate the same PCB for the two cards with different GPU:  Both are 11in or 279.4mm in length.  The height while the same at 5.94in/150.88mm is insignificant since the coolers would come off.
post edited by StealthArsenal - 2016/09/06 06:09:23

Fuzzyfruit
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: delete 2016/09/06 12:13:10 (permalink)
Doesn't EVGA create custom water blocks for their own cards? 
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: delete 2016/09/06 12:14:34 (permalink)
Fuzzyfruit
Doesn't EVGA create custom water blocks for their own cards? 

No they do not
Older Cards used Swiftech
Newer Cards EK

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Darkboomhoney
Re: delete 2016/09/06 12:27:25 (permalink)
German Support said they are working for an gtx 1080 Classified hydro Block i hope the Informations are correct
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile