EVGA

Helpful ReplyLockedWarranty bought from second hand.

Author
pekuses
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/11 11:02:09 (permalink)
Hello, I'm planning to buy a 1070ti gpu from  a private seller. He claims that he still has around 1.5 year of warranty, but my question is -  once he registered the warranty on his account, then is it legal for me to share it? Would he have to give me his passes for acc? I alone have Evga 960, and i don't see any option to move rma to another account or anything.
notfordman
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10345
  • Ribbons : 28
Re: Warranty bought from second hand. 2018/11/11 11:24:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby the_Scarlet_one 2018/11/11 11:29:12
https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
  • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
  • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

There is or used to be a place where you could enter the serial number of the card, to see what warranty is left. I can't find it at the moment. I will edit post if/when I find it. This would be considered a "guest warranty"
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Warranty bought from second hand. 2018/11/11 11:29:31 (permalink)
pekuses
Hello, I'm planning to buy a 1070ti gpu from  a private seller. He claims that he still has around 1.5 year of warranty, but my question is -  once he registered the warranty on his account, then is it legal for me to share it? Would he have to give me his passes for acc? I alone have Evga 960, and i don't see any option to move rma to another account or anything.

Locking as a duplicate post.

https://forums.evga.com/W...sed-card-m2880839.aspx
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile