Helpful ReplyWant honest opinion about my four 2080ti RMA

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
Methodical2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 562
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Want honest opinion about my four 2080ti RMA 2019/07/18 17:09:08 (permalink)
This is one of the reason I deal with EVGA.  I remember my bad times with the 980 card and it was eventually replaced.

OP, did you ever find the root cause, if any?

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

BlackE
Case:  Caselab Magnum STH10
MB:  Asus X670E Hero
CPU:  Ryzen 9 7950x (EK-Quantum Vector²)
GPU:  Asus 4090 TUF OC (EK-Quantum Vector²)
Memory:  G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 (6000 @64gb)
Storage:  WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Fan Controllers: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT & Octo
PSU:  EVGA 1200 P2
Monitor:  LG 48" UltraGear OLED 4k

jeffyt
  • Total Posts : 60
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Want honest opinion about my four 2080ti RMA 2021/07/22 11:05:42 (permalink)
Methodical2OP, did you ever find the root cause, if any?

hahah yes. The root cause was EVGA refurbished graphic cards + LG settings/firmware. 

I'll try to make a short summary. Got a brand new EVGA 2080ti from Newegg on release, worked fine but some random desktop/scrambled picture/nanosecond flash kinda of weirdness would happen every once in a while. Finally got fed up, started RMA. Got **** repair card from EVGA 4 times in a row and then got a full refund from EVGA. Bought a Gigabyte 2080ti Windforce (lowest model) from Amazon on 5/26/19. Worked like a champ with no issues except that random desktop/scrambled picture/nanosecond flash kinda of weirdness was still going on every once in a while. After a few months, LG came out with a new firmware update and updated some settings... and all my weird random desktop/scrambled picture/nanosecond flash kinda of weirdness went away for good. Been at least 2 years since I've seen it. I then sold the Gigabyte 2080ti Windforce for $800 cash on 9/26/20 after receiving my RTX 3080 card directly from NVIDIA. Current owner never contacted me so I'm assuming everything is good to this day. Also the NVIDIA card is just so much better than EVGA. No random bull****, no tweaking, no janky software, etc... everything just works and I swear it's been such a smoother/no stutter ever experience than any EVGA card I've ever owned. OH and my original hardware is ALL still working. PSU was NOT the issue. 

So... combined with all the recent **** from EVGA and New World with the dying cards... LOL. Definitely solidifies my statement that this company is no longer what it used to be. 

I mean my nightmare only started because I tried to fix something that was LG's fault but to get 4 failing cards from EVGA... jesus.
Don't get me wrong, if you buy a BRAND NEW evga card, you're most likely fine... but EVGA RMA cards? You will need all the luck in the world my friend.
Let's hope this most recent blunder wakes up management and they can start looking into **** is going on behind the scenes... maybe certain specific lazy techs? especially in RMA department.. lmao.

Intel Core i7-7700k | Gigabyte 2080ti | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Corsair RM750i | HAF X
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile