EVGA

Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take?

Author
Inst1nct
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/22 04:25:17 (permalink)
Dear support team,

I submitted an advanced rma request for my 1080TI FE (EVGA Europe), which got approved on the 13.01. I paid the collateral the same day. I am now wondering how long it will take until the replacement GPU is being shipped in the current covid situation? Is it the one being shown on the RMA page ("Sent back part number", translated from german), or does it just say what GPU (my old one) will be sent to EVGA?

Thanks!

7 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/22 04:41:24 (permalink)
    Advanced RMAs can take a few days to ship in the current situation. If EVGA has the exact same GPU that you need replaced, they will send you the same model and part number.
    MartinUK
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/23 06:15:11 (permalink)
    I've been waiting over two weeks for an Advanced RMA on a PSU from EVGA Europe and still have no indication of when it will ship.
    And as an added bonus they appear to want to sell me a cheaper/worse version as a replacement (GA to replace a G3, which is worse in every review and cheaper on their own site)

The 'Part Number Out' will show the part number of the item they apparently intend to ship you, although they change that randomly without ever actually dispatching anything, so it doesn't really stand for anything until its actually dispatched (then you'll know what they sent.

Best of luck with them not trying to stick you with a downgrade. I'd keep an eye on the 'Part Number Out', if you see it changing to an inferior product, I'd suggest you contact them ASAP.
    Inst1nct
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/28 04:42:22 (permalink)

MartinUK
    I've been waiting over two weeks for an Advanced RMA on a PSU from EVGA Europe and still have no indication of when it will ship.
    And as an added bonus they appear to want to sell me a cheaper/worse version as a replacement (GA to replace a G3, which is worse in every review and cheaper on their own site)

The 'Part Number Out' will show the part number of the item they apparently intend to ship you, although they change that randomly without ever actually dispatching anything, so it doesn't really stand for anything until its actually dispatched (then you'll know what they sent.

Best of luck with them not trying to stick you with a downgrade. I'd keep an eye on the 'Part Number Out', if you see it changing to an inferior product, I'd suggest you contact them ASAP.

By now, it's been over 14 days for me as well. Has your replacement shipped yet? I am not accepting a downgrade no matter what. I just hope it does not come to this.

MartinUK
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/28 05:06:38 (permalink)
    My replacement has now been shipped, the part number got corrected to a model that was not a downgrade, and it is on its way from Germany to the UK.

I made a thread detailing the progress of my RMA, and there were some replies from EVGA moderators/staff saying they had passed the message on to EVGA, not sure how much of an effect that had on getting things moving along
    EVGA EU Warranty support - PSU RMA - astonishingly bad service (3.5 weeks and counting) - EVGA Forums

Its possible to PM the EVGATech_xxxx accounts, but only after you have made 11 posts, that might be worth a try if none of them notice this themselves and pass it on.
    Inst1nct
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/28 06:01:06 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Advanced RMAs can take a few days to ship in the current situation. If EVGA has the exact same GPU that you need replaced, they will send you the same model and part number.

Unfortunately, its been now 2 weeks since my RMA was approved, and over a month since my initial contact to EVGA support. The thing is, I do not need the exact model back. It does not have to be an FE model. Maybe thats the reason for he holdup? I would also consider an upgrade to an RTX equal or better to my 1080TI - like a 2070 super or better as ok (which sounds silly, because for a gamer, it would be an upgrade to go to an RTX card, but I also do deep learning which is highly dependent on ram size, and ram would be less unless you send me a 2080TI, which I assume you will not. In this case would there be a chance to upgrade to a 2080TI with equal ram and pay the price difference?) I am asking because I'd rather have one of those alternatives instead of waiting until you maybe sometime in the future find a 1080TI FE that you can ship to me. I am working @home, so this huge delay really hurts me.
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/29 02:18:51 (permalink)
    Hi Inst1nct,

we are aware of your RMA request and we do apologize for the short delay - will be shipped out latest on monday.

Thanks for your understanding,

Markus
    Inst1nct
    Re: Waiting for shipment of RMA GPU (advanced RMA), how long does it take? 2021/01/29 03:48:55 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi Inst1nct,

we are aware of your RMA request and we do apologize for the short delay - will be shipped out latest on monday.

Thanks for your understanding,

Markus

Thank you for taking a look into it, I appreciate it!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile