EVGA

Helpful ReplyWCG will be shutting down to complete transfer end of Feb. to 3rd week in April

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
yodap
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4642
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: WCG will be shutting down to complete transfer end of Feb. to 3rd week in April 2022/09/29 16:54:50 (permalink)
open pandem GPU On Linux anyway.

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: WCG will be shutting down to complete transfer end of Feb. to 3rd week in April 2022/09/30 13:03:23 (permalink)
I have both of mine set to 1 Day and seem to run fine, lots of tasks waiting to start.
Windows OS. No GPU Tasks.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: WCG will be shutting down to complete transfer end of Feb. to 3rd week in April 2022/10/01 16:58:06 (permalink)
     World Community Grid                 Dear Member,

We cannot thank you enough for your dedication to science and your support of the Grid during the transition from IBM.
Finally, with a functioning infrastructure and critical issues resolved we are ready to reboot the World Community Grid!

Your ongoing support and feedback during the transition from IBM has been invaluable to the scientists who rely on us. Together we improved the Grid’s functionality and efficiency by targeting our limited technical resources, and while we certainly encountered more obstacles and challenges than we anticipated we are here now because of your patience and persistence.

There is work that remains to be done. In particular, while we were able to restore the My Contribution page functionality and you may have noticed that results over the past 2 days are now reflected - we must now carefully iterate through a modified version of the stats update procedure to add back each day that was missed. The results tab of the My Contribution page does reflect accurately the validation status and assigned credit of your workunits.

When complete stats are available we will begin a grace period for streaks of one month, extend all streaks that were active before the transition, and finally restore the normal cacluation of streaks when the grace period ends.

Finally, we are preparing a well deserved Badge of Honor for all the volunteers who submitted a valid result during the transition and testing phase, yourself included. We are also preparing yet another badge for all citizen scientists who join or return to the grid before the New Year.

Our research partners - the ARP, HSTB, MCM, OPN1 and SCC research teams - would like to extend their sincere thanks for seeing them through this crisis. As scientists ourselves at the Jurisica Lab and also one of the scientific teams of the WCG, we are proud to count you among our colleagues in science and look forward to working with you as we expand WCG operations. While returning and maintaining the full capacity of the Grid is our mandate, we will now be preparing to onboard new projects.

The World Community Grid remains steadfast and unchanged in our vision of a healthier world. Our mission is to accelerate science by creating a supercomputer empowered by a global community of volunteers. WCG supports open-source and open-data research while providing scientists with a computing platform that allows them to answer the world’s most pressing questions.

Thank you for your contribution to WCG and enabling seemingly impossible scientific research to come to life,

WCG Team at Krembil Research Institute, UHN

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11100
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: WCG will be shutting down to complete transfer end of Feb. to 3rd week in April 2022/10/01 17:23:29 (permalink)
Glad they got it done. Was a bit of a rough ride but they did it.
I am king of surprised that it was not as smooth as I would think it would have been being it was transferred from IBM.
Good for them hope all the crunchers come back .

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile