EVGA

Hot!Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Crebain6
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/08/27 21:04:04 (permalink)
Current Build-

· EVGA Ultra 3070

· Ryzen 3900X

· Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600mhz 32gb CL16

· Asus X570 gaming E motherboard

· Corsair RM850x 80 gold PSU

· Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 drive

· Lian Li lancool mesh 2 Performance case

· LG 27GL83A-B Monitor
Hi all,

So I’ve been on a 4 month journey through the course of 4 fresh PC builds, all of them showing the same exact symptoms. I am at a loss for what to do next. I’ve paid many diagnostic fees along the way and as a last ditch effort, I have come to you, the experts on the internet.

I started with these parts for my first build:

· 3900x Ryzen

· 1070 Nvidia Founders Edition

· Gskill ripjaws 5 3600mhz

· Asus Rog strix B550 F gaming Wifi edition motherboard

· Lian Li lancool mesh 2 Performance case

· Corsair Rm750 80 gold PSU

· 970 Evo 1 TB m.2 drive

I had a “professional” give this first build a looking-over. Soon after, I started experiencing some strange visual and performance inconsistencies. I have done every bit of troubleshooting that can be found on the internet through these 4 builds, from DDU and driver installation, Control Panel and Windows tweaking to flashing every MOBO Bios I’ve had, and running XMP. I bought 4 different monitors, switched out all parts with fresh ones over the 4 builds and checked house voltage with a meter and live readout, etc., etc.)

LIST OF ISSUES AND THOUGHTS:

- Extreme Pixelization
Fizzlely imagery which looks like if you had a low resolution monitor and could see individual pixels in certain areas of games and Windows programs. This very distracting effect is the worst offender amongst all of the problems and is apparent in all apps. Whip panning in games causes things like a character’s hair to fizzle and fall apart along with any fine details.

- Mushy and Low Resolution Looking Imagery Blurry imagery with heavy macro blocking and what looks akin to someone taking a 480p video and blowing it up to 4k with a sharpening filter. Within my games all the detail is gone or washed over and almost clayish looking. There are also dancing black particles and black shadows. Text is blurry but edges have an over-sharpened look and create dancing edges within games and internet and no, clear type doesn’t fix jagged text in Windows either. In games like Overwatch, loading screen or character pictures and figures do not have the crispness and come off blurry with everything set to max along with all the other programs. My Macbook Pro on the same game has a much richer and better looking image at much lower settings.

-Visual Abstractions Rocket launcher smoke trail in Doom Eternal on a PC just completely loses it vs my PS4 original side-by-side which looks nice and clean.

-Banding Occurs in menu gradients, skyboxes or anything else with a gradient. Whether it is a gradient inside the Steam app or a picture that has a gradient, it will fall apart into large stripes stepping from darkest shade to next lighter shade and so on. This also applies to gaming skyboxes where a blue sky blocks up into bands.

-Bad Aliasing or Jaggies within all games and within Windows itself. Even with control panel set to max AA, both in game and forced mode. Edges of everything from YouTube videos with a man wearing a textured shirt to something more simple like the edge of a YouTube creator’s hairline dancing around only gets worse as I turn the resolution up. Windows scaling issues, anyone? I am not sure if this has anything to do with the PC performance in games though.

Inside games with all the different AAs turned to max none of them seem to literally change anything when it comes to edges of weapons, trees, iron grate flooring and much simpler things to render without jagged edges. These show up in a much more pronounced way than on my other computers that I have owned playing the same games.

- Flickering shadows and shimmering of shiny surfaces fall apart. Patterned shadows that dance in unnatural ways, wet surfaces in games tend to shimmer in an aliased way.

- Stuttering From new games to old (e.g. 16 bit Doom clones), I get pretty nasty frame times and full-on frame drops. For example, today booting up Doom Eternal during the Bethesda video logo, it was blurry and for a good half-second it stuttered before recovering. This happens during gameplay quite often and I’m aware this is normal if you are running demanding applications but this isn’t Premiere Pro and I’m running a 3070 and 3900x on very well optimized games like Doom Eternal. I still see consistent temps at or around 72C… not horrible but this occurs even during easy tasks.

- Coil Whine? Over past 4 builds all of them have had noisy PSUs and graphics cards which could just be fresh parts or the parts being over-stressed. With my graphics card no matter what lame game I run it is always at VOLTAGE LIMIT, PWR LIMIT, VOP… lets say running a game like Prodeus.

-Pop in and slow load-in of assets Lots of this has been seen a handful of times in recent benchmarks like 3dmark and plenty of times in Heaven benchmark set to 1440p, maxed out on a 3070 and an m.2 drive. Also, lots of aliasing and shadow dancing although I’ve heard that might be the case for other users also in Heaven benchmark.

-Wrap Up After experiencing all of these issues I was told to replace certain components over and over. With every build I started fresh, ending up with a pair of 3070s, a 1070, different motherboards (both made by Asus), 2 3900xs and 4 power supplies. Usually I was told the issue was either the PSU or the Graphics card, both of which I have ruled out. I have started with an RM750 Corsair, swapped to a Rog Strix Asus 750w, then to 2 new RM850x Corsair (all 80 gold) units.

Other recent issues added include: Heavy screen tearing, Smearing, Extremely Choppy Gameplay, Game Freezes or frame drops, increased banding, artifacting.

I’m thinking the problem lies with software. This could most likely be that Asus BIOS doesn’t play well with Ryzen. Or, something is wrong in the stock software settings, creating possible voltage issues that have led to all of these visual aberrations and performance issues. Maybe Windows on top of that? What do you think?

I've posted the same conversation on hardforum months ago and got alot of ideas but i've run through all their suggestions, if you want to see what they had to say here's the forum chain.

Attached are pictures and videos of everything discussed above. Thanks for any help you can offer!

VIDEOS THAT DISPLAYS ALL PROBLEMS IN A MUCH CLEARER WAY THAN TEXT (Make sure to fullscreen):

[tube][/tube]

post edited by Crebain6 - 2021/08/27 21:18:38

34 Replies Related Threads

demon09
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1364
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/27 23:45:37 (permalink)
    So you have tried with and without xmp? As 3600mhz is on the fast side for 3000 series ryzen specailly if they are both dual rank 32gb kits which would make it even harder to run. Just a suggestion if you have not tried it lower the ram speed to 2933 with the xmp profile on
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/27 23:52:55 (permalink)
    demon09
    So you have tried with and without xmp? As 3600mhz is on the fast side for 3000 series ryzen specailly if they are both dual rank 32gb kits which would make it even harder to run. Just a suggestion if you have not tried it lower the ram speed to 2933 with the xmp profile on

Thanks for the help. I have on all the builds tried base 2133 mhz ram setting for awhile before getting fed up with the performance and turning DOCP on (makes things a tiny bit faster but doesn't fix the large underlying issues). I also had a set of Gskill RIPJAWS V 3600mhz 16gb that i just replaced with the 32 gig kit thinking like you that maybe i had some bad ram sticks or something was wrong with them. I read the same thing about 3900x max being 3200mhz but then again everyone online says the sweet spot for 3900x is 3600mhz as the amd platform loves the extra speed.

Only came to that conclusion after buying and replacing 4 power supplies, 4 motherboards, 3 GPUs (2 3070 1 1070). SSD is the only part left in the machine from the original build. I will say though on all the forums i've posted no one has asked me to post HWINFO stats or overall system voltage and clock speed stats as i honestly i understand them on a very basic level.
    jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 317
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 00:37:57 (permalink)
    This is being presented as something like a murder mystery.

Super fun.

Interested to see how this plays out. 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 86673
    • Ribbons : 75
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 00:52:23 (permalink)
    Did you try a certified DP cable and different monitor?

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X,  Corsair Mp600 Pro M.2 2TB, 128GB DDR4  Crosshair VIII Hero, Asus RX 6900 XT Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF

Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 01:14:12 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Did you try a certified DP cable and different monitor?

Ya i've actually bought 4 1440p 144hz monitors at this point along with buying a vesa certified hdmi and dp cable. None of which fixed anything :(. I've been looking into buying a 10 bit 4k dell ultrasharp monitor, but i still think a 1440p monitor should desplay the image much better than what im seeing. Actually i know it should as the other pc in the house has a 1440p monitor and its tack sharp(and that monitor looks bad also on my pc).
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 01:16:41 (permalink)
    jaredbyoung
    This is being presented as something like a murder mystery.

Super fun.

Interested to see how this plays out. 

Haha im glad your excited. I have tried pretty much everything on the internet that you can find. The thing i wish i was a bit better at is understanding voltages, clock speeds and the rest to be able to understand if everything is above board.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 45556
    • Ribbons : 198
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 08:31:40 (permalink)
    I’m guessing you have reinstalled windows each time you swapped boards? You didn’t state anything about reinstalling windows.

Want to save 5 to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it.

ohnoplsno
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 233
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 11:51:14 (permalink)
    Since everything else has changed, and with 
    Sajin
    I’m guessing you have reinstalled windows each time

there's 3? things that have stayed the same:
    CPU
    SSD
    power

So from the back, you can try:
    A UPS/take it to a friend's house
    Of course, reinstall Windows, and possibly get a new SSD for future storage/get a small SSD that you could return within the return window, if applicable.
    Same as last for CPU, or if a friend has a ryzen 2000/3000/5000 cpu for quick testing.

This would rule out everything in common that I could think of...
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 15:12:09 (permalink)
    Sajin
    I’m guessing you have reinstalled windows each time you swapped boards? You didn’t state anything about reinstalling windows.

Yup. I've probably installed it via bootdrive about 10 times. Been a little while since the last time but i can try again if you have some ideas!
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 15:22:57 (permalink)
    ohnoplsno
    Sajin

CPU
    SSD
    power

Of course, reinstall Windows, and possibly get a new SSD for future storage/get a small SSD that you could return within the return window, if applicable.
    Same as last for CPU, or if a friend has a ryzen 2000/3000/5000 cpu for quick testing.

Oh my bad i didnt mention. I contacted amd and they shipped me a replacement 3900x on the last build. Windows has been installed 10 plus times via bootdrive. I wish i had a friend with another CPU i actually think maybe the 3900x doesn't play nice with my asus board? I've had 4 boards but they've all been Asus between the b550 and x570. If i understood bios better i think maybe stock settings are messing things up? The m.2 SSD hasnt been replaced and is the only part thats original. By power do you mean the PSU? I've had so far Corsair RM750, Asus Rog Strix 750, RMx850 Corsair (2). In terms of power within my house i've checked the power coming out of the wall with a meter and atleast not under load it looks normal.

I brought the whole PC setup to 2 friends houses (Both are within 10 miles of me though, but ive had other computers in my house for years). This resulted in no changes in performance or visuals. Hardforum told me the same thing and sent me a link to a UPS Sine Wave cleaner, but i need a good one with a solid return policy if it doesn't fix the issue. Amazon apparently doesn't take batteries back. Any ideas?
    Lordred
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 646
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 15:43:28 (permalink)
    For fun, have you tried running your 3900x in 1 CCD mode? It could be an artifact of the CCD communication.

Just spitballing.

ExcaliburXVII
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 133
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 15:58:07 (permalink)
    Crebain6
    ohnoplsno
    Sajin

CPU
    SSD
    power

Oh my bad i didnt mention. I contacted amd and they shipped me a replacement 3900x on the last build. Windows has been installed 10 plus times via bootdrive. I wish i had a friend with another CPU i actually think maybe the 3900x doesn't play nice with my asus board? I've had 4 boards but they've all been Asus between the b550 and x570. If i understood bios better i think maybe stock settings are messing things up? The m.2 SSD hasnt been replaced and is the only part thats original. By power do you mean the PSU? I've had so far Corsair RM750, Asus Rog Strix 750, RMx850 Corsair (2). In terms of power within my house i've checked the power coming out of the wall with a meter and atleast not under load it looks normal.

I brought the whole PC setup to 2 friends houses (Both are within 10 miles of me though, but ive had other computers in my house for years). This resulted in no changes in performance or visuals. Hardforum told me the same thing and sent me a link to a UPS Sine Wave cleaner, but i need a good one with a solid return policy if it doesn't fix the issue. Amazon apparently doesn't take batteries back. Any ideas?

If the only thing all of these builds have in common is the SSD you're going to have to try a different one. Even a SATA SSD if you have one laying around.
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 16:09:51 (permalink)
    ExcaliburXVII
    Crebain6
    ohnoplsno
    Sajin

CPU
    SSD
    power

If the only thing all of these builds have in common is the SSD you're going to have to try a different one. Even a SATA SSD if you have one laying around.

Saved the SSD till last thing to replace as I kept being told elsewhere that the chances the ssd was the issue was low, but being that it still isn't working after replacing the ram last week i agree. I did talk with Samsung a month or so ago and they said no questions asked return for a new one and replacement. I've benched the ssd though with samsungs own benching software and userbench and it scores pretty high on read and write. Doesn't tell me if there isnt something else wrong though. If i had any other drives lying around i would try that. BTW would it be helpful if i post screenshots of benchmarks and hwinfo information on here?
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 16:12:22 (permalink)
    Lordred
    For fun, have you tried running your 3900x in 1 CCD mode? It could be an artifact of the CCD communication.

Just spitballing.

No i havent changed anything in any of the builds in bios except for enabling stock DOCP. Is there anything special i need to do to enable this or just a single drop down action?
    Lordred
    SSC Member
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 17:24:42 (permalink)
    It should just be a single option in the uefi. You will look under AMD Overclocking -> Manual CPU Overclocking -> CPU Core Count Control -> CCD Control (Auto or 1 CCD)

Running in 1 CCD mode turns off a complete CCD. So you will be missing 6c/12t. But if the issue goes away, we know where to start looking for a deeper fix.

Example from an ASRock Uefi shown.

Attached Image(s)

Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 18:03:28 (permalink)
    Lordred
    It should just be a single option in the uefi. You will look under AMD Overclocking -> Manual CPU Overclocking -> CPU Core Count Control -> CCD Control (Auto or 1 CCD)

Running in 1 CCD mode turns off a complete CCD. So you will be missing 6c/12t. But if the issue goes away, we know where to start looking for a deeper fix.

Example from an ASRock Uefi shown.

Awesome! I'll try and report back on that tonight. Last question because im always paranoid, its safe to turn off those ccd channels, as in wont hurt the cpu?
    Lordred
    SSC Member
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/28 18:13:43 (permalink)
    Crebain6
    Awesome! I'll try and report back on that tonight. Last question because im always paranoid, its safe to turn off those ccd channels, as in wont hurt the cpu?

100%

Lordred
    SSC Member
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/29 09:20:51 (permalink)
    Any updates?

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6716
    • Ribbons : 68
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/29 09:54:43 (permalink)
    I didn't see if you've updated any of the motherboard BIOS to the latest during your troubleshooting? Looks like there was a stability update released just a few days ago for your Asus 570-E Gaming.

FWIW, I don't think that will fix the issue. I'd wager on a problem with streaming game assets from the SSD due to the extreme slowdown, pixilation, etc. Maybe the drive's controller is overheating and downclocking to protect itself? Try placing a fan on it with the side of the case off. A case fan or a house fan blowing on it to see if that's the issue is a cheap/easy troubleshooting step.

Also, are you running the SSD at 90+ % capacity? That can cause serious slowdowns as well, but I'd think not quite as extreme as what you're seeing.

For your coil whine - the PSU plays a big role in coil whine right next to the GPU, but if your input power from the wall is noisy it can make it much worse. Do you run an active PFC compatible UPS? If not, that may be something to look into after you figure out the main problem.
    post edited by arestavo - 2021/08/29 10:20:36

EVGA affiliate code: 9ZWDWFNW6A
    (Don't forget to upload your invoice or no credit is given!)

FOLD ON
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 21:30:55 (permalink)
    Lordred
    Any updates?

Sorry life caught me there for a day haha. Honestly thanks for your interest and time! Anyways I booted up the PC last night and ran the CCD test took me a sec to figure out where asus had hidden it, but was easy to test once i found it. So i booted in 1 CCD and only thing i could notice was maybe a bit faster load times but not by much. So no change. What should i try now?

I also recorded some more footage yesterday (not in CCD mode so had nothing to do with that) and i was getting some weird green artifacting and slow to load assets (shown in first youtube video link). Don't know if it will help figure out whats going on. I'll try and post screen shots of a few recent benchmarks also if the evga forum will let me.

Green Artifacting/Stuttery footage from yesterday:

HWINFO Stats during different computer states(couple months old):

demon09
    FTW Member
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 21:54:35 (permalink)
    the really only thing you could try is an ssd swap since as you mentioned it was the only thing from the main build. buy a cheap 240gb one off amazon or something in case its not the issue 
    Lordred
    SSC Member
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 22:04:24 (permalink)
    Have you done varies speed tests on your SSD at different QD levels? I wonder... (grasping at straws)

reinvented
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 159
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 22:06:45 (permalink)
    Looking at some of your videos, it makes me think that it must be a setting in software. 

Are you running your monitor with G-Sync?  What cable are you using exactly?  It looks like pixelation that I had before when I used a DP 1.2 cable, and attempting to run my screen in HDR.  

What is your NVCP settings?

Looking to join some like-minded gamers?  Join us on Discord! http://www.discord.gg/PHeYXrm

Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 22:54:07 (permalink)
    Lordred
    Have you done varies speed tests on your SSD at different QD levels? I wonder... (grasping at straws)

I've done a good amount of speed tests of the SSD in terms of benchmarks but no changing of speed.

Here i think i figured out how to get pictures on here. Bit of an information overload for everyone, but maybe it helps. The temp on ssd is the highest ive seen and from a couple months ago, usually its around 51 or so. Last mobo didn't have a fan though and was nice and airy with same symptoms. Everything else is from the past few days.

Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 23:09:01 (permalink)
    arestavo
    I didn't see if you've updated any of the motherboard BIOS to the latest during your troubleshooting? Looks like there was a stability update released just a few days ago for your Asus 570-E Gaming.

FWIW, I don't think that will fix the issue. I'd wager on a problem with streaming game assets from the SSD due to the extreme slowdown, pixilation, etc. Maybe the drive's controller is overheating and downclocking to protect itself? Try placing a fan on it with the side of the case off. A case fan or a house fan blowing on it to see if that's the issue is a cheap/easy troubleshooting step.

Also, are you running the SSD at 90+ % capacity? That can cause serious slowdowns as well, but I'd think not quite as extreme as what you're seeing.

For your coil whine - the PSU plays a big role in coil whine right next to the GPU, but if your input power from the wall is noisy it can make it much worse. Do you run an active PFC compatible UPS? If not, that may be something to look into after you figure out the main problem.

Thanks for the help! I flashed the Bios on every MOBO although last time i did was about a month ago or so.

It could be the SSD as it is the only part left. Samsung told me a few months ago when i tried to return it that they would give me a new one, but at the time i was replacing psu and gpu so i left it for later. So thats the next step for sure if i cant figure this out otherwise. As you can see on the images i just posted on the thread the drive does get decently hot with this new motherboard as the MOBO fan is right behind the 3 fan EVGA 3070. Although the b550 before this x570 had no fan and was not blocked by the GPU and i still had the same issues on that build. I tried Bench testing in the past few days and ran the GPU in the second PCIE slot to give it air also and it was outside of the case and it dropped 1 or 2 c but artifacts and performance was the same. I have noticed since i bench tested a slowing of the ssd when copying video files and some strange behavior top of the existing problems :( (hope i didnt add more issues on top of what was there already).

As far as capacity it pretty full right now or lets say 80%-85% as theres so much recorded footage from the testing over the months that i need to dump. Now i thought the same thing but since the other builds including this one were completely empty upon building them with fresh install of windows with all the visual and stuttering issues i know that cleaning the ssd wont give me the answer.

Guys on hardforum (pc building forum) want me to buy a Sine wave UPS and sent me a link to buy one but it was about 200 and im totally cool buying that but i asked them to send me a new link with a good return policy if the UPS doesnt clear up the issues, never heard back. You have any ideas? It could be my house although i've run the pc at two other homes to try and elimante my domicile as the issue. I have the pc on a shock protector at the moment but ive tried outlets throughout my house also.

Let me know what you think!
    demon09
    FTW Member
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/08/31 23:57:15 (permalink)
    Id say buy a cheap 240gb sata ssd off amazon test it on it. if it doesn't fix it amazon has a pretty good return policy. you have tested pretty much everything else then some odd issue with the ssd so its defintely worth chucking 30 bucks on an ssd to see if it fixes it 
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6716
    • Ribbons : 68
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/01 06:29:36 (permalink)
    Crebain6
    Thanks for the help! I flashed the Bios on every MOBO although last time i did was about a month ago or so.

It could be the SSD as it is the only part left. Samsung told me a few months ago when i tried to return it that they would give me a new one, but at the time i was replacing psu and gpu so i left it for later. So thats the next step for sure if i cant figure this out otherwise. As you can see on the images i just posted on the thread the drive does get decently hot with this new motherboard as the MOBO fan is right behind the 3 fan EVGA 3070. Although the b550 before this x570 had no fan and was not blocked by the GPU and i still had the same issues on that build. I tried Bench testing in the past few days and ran the GPU in the second PCIE slot to give it air also and it was outside of the case and it dropped 1 or 2 c but artifacts and performance was the same. I have noticed since i bench tested a slowing of the ssd when copying video files and some strange behavior top of the existing problems :( (hope i didnt add more issues on top of what was there already).

As far as capacity it pretty full right now or lets say 80%-85% as theres so much recorded footage from the testing over the months that i need to dump. Now i thought the same thing but since the other builds including this one were completely empty upon building them with fresh install of windows with all the visual and stuttering issues i know that cleaning the ssd wont give me the answer.

Guys on hardforum (pc building forum) want me to buy a Sine wave UPS and sent me a link to buy one but it was about 200 and im totally cool buying that but i asked them to send me a new link with a good return policy if the UPS doesnt clear up the issues, never heard back. You have any ideas? It could be my house although i've run the pc at two other homes to try and elimante my domicile as the issue. I have the pc on a shock protector at the moment but ive tried outlets throughout my house also.

Let me know what you think!

You've done everything that I can think of other than put a house fan or case fan blowing directly onto the SSD. The coil whine is a separate issue, though - and if it happens at multiple houses, it's likely the GPU (but as I said before, the PSU and input power can have an effect).

EVGA affiliate code: 9ZWDWFNW6A
    (Don't forget to upload your invoice or no credit is given!)

FOLD ON
    Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/01 18:51:24 (permalink)
    reinvented
    Looking at some of your videos, it makes me think that it must be a setting in software. 

Are you running your monitor with G-Sync?  What cable are you using exactly?  It looks like pixelation that I had before when I used a DP 1.2 cable, and attempting to run my screen in HDR.  

What is your NVCP settings?

I used to use G sync and soemtimes switch to V sync but every time it wouldnt fix the micro stutter issue and then the frame hangs would get even worse when they did happen i think due to the added pressure of running those. So right now both are always disabled. As far as cable I just recently bought a VESA certified DP cable that was the newest version when i bought it a couple months back. I also have the original DP cable the monitor came with and both basically play the same with the same amount of coil whine ect. Looking at the cable right now its KabelDireckt DP 8k Vesa Cert. Also HDR is disabled on the monitor side and should be in Control panel also.

It could be. I have tried many different setting setups that youtube could provide me. I had recently changed them up to this, but would love input on what you think isn't right and i'll change it and report back! Also if you want to take a look above i posted some screen shots of Cpu and Gpu and overall benchmarks if any of those seem off. Thanks for the help!

Crebain6
    Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/01 18:55:27 (permalink)
    demon09
    Id say buy a cheap 240gb sata ssd off amazon test it on it. if it doesn't fix it amazon has a pretty good return policy. you have tested pretty much everything else then some odd issue with the ssd so its defintely worth chucking 30 bucks on an ssd to see if it fixes it 

You think doing that would be better than having samsung send me a new replacement of the current one? Or better to switch it up with a smaller amazon alternative brand? Also posted some benchmark screengrabs of the ssd, cpu, gpu, ram speeds and temps above, trying to figure out if everything looks good as im not smart enough haha. Thanks!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile