EVGA

Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Crebain6
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/01 19:00:37 (permalink)
arestavo
Crebain6
Thanks for the help! I flashed the Bios on every MOBO although last time i did was about a month ago or so.

It could be the SSD as it is the only part left. Samsung told me a few months ago when i tried to return it that they would give me a new one, but at the time i was replacing psu and gpu so i left it for later. So thats the next step for sure if i cant figure this out otherwise. As you can see on the images i just posted on the thread the drive does get decently hot with this new motherboard as the MOBO fan is right behind the 3 fan EVGA 3070. Although the b550 before this x570 had no fan and was not blocked by the GPU and i still had the same issues on that build. I tried Bench testing in the past few days and ran the GPU in the second PCIE slot to give it air also and it was outside of the case and it dropped 1 or 2 c but artifacts and performance was the same. I have noticed since i bench tested a slowing of the ssd when copying video files and some strange behavior top of the existing problems :( (hope i didnt add more issues on top of what was there already).

As far as capacity it pretty full right now or lets say 80%-85% as theres so much recorded footage from the testing over the months that i need to dump. Now i thought the same thing but since the other builds including this one were completely empty upon building them with fresh install of windows with all the visual and stuttering issues i know that cleaning the ssd wont give me the answer.

Guys on hardforum (pc building forum) want me to buy a Sine wave UPS and sent me a link to buy one but it was about 200 and im totally cool buying that but i asked them to send me a new link with a good return policy if the UPS doesnt clear up the issues, never heard back. You have any ideas? It could be my house although i've run the pc at two other homes to try and elimante my domicile as the issue. I have the pc on a shock protector at the moment but ive tried outlets throughout my house also.

Let me know what you think!

You've done everything that I can think of other than put a house fan or case fan blowing directly onto the SSD. The coil whine is a separate issue, though - and if it happens at multiple houses, it's likely the GPU (but as I said before, the PSU and input power can have an effect).

Ok awesome, i have an extra noctua fan that came with my cooler i'll see if i can install it if the house fan brings performance back. Ya and its been coil whine across all 3 gpus which leads me to believe its PSU related sending bad power to the GPU or the MOBO is not doing its job in regulating that, but then again i replaced all those parts more than once :(. Evga told me yesterday that they would replace my 3070 with a refurb which i'll do if i can prove the new one is actually bad. I posted some benchmark screenshots above that are from the last few days. If you have time let me know if they all look kosher as i understand it on a very basic level.
reinvented
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/02 20:39:14 (permalink)
Look at the NVCP settings you posted, you definitely have some stuff wrong.  
It's definitely a configuration problem.  You should definitely be using G-Sync.  

Try these settings in 3D Management:
Low Latency Mode: Ultra
Max Frame Rate: 141
Monitor Technology: GSync Compatible (when you enable it in monitor OSD/settings)
Power Management Mode: Normal
Preferred Refresh Rate: Highest Available
Vertical sync: On

What about your BIOS/UEFI settings?  3900X can be finnicky if you aren't configuring that correctly either.  Are you using CPPC/PSS support?  Are you running a negative offset on vcore?  These things can cause instability as well.  

Let us know.

Looking to join some like-minded gamers?  Join us on Discord! http://www.discord.gg/PHeYXrm

Crebain6
Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/03 21:40:17 (permalink)
reinvented
It's definitely a configuration problem.  You should definitely be using G-Sync.  

Monitor Technology: GSync Compatible (when you enable it in monitor OSD/settings)

What about your BIOS/UEFI settings?  3900X can be finnicky if you aren't configuring that correctly either.  Are you using CPPC/PSS support?  Are you running a negative offset on vcore?  These things can cause instability as well.  

Let us know.

Awesome! It very well could be a configuration issue. I have tried many different setups that have been posted online for gaming and this last one is sort of a mixup of all of them. I will say though i had been told that v sync and g sync tax the system and also some guy on the other forum told me that with a 3070 it would be better to run it without v sync and g sync to get rid of slight lag that they also create?

Don't you loose performance with power management mode set to normal (could totally be misinformed on my side)? Also totally untrue probably, but i was also told that uncapping your frame rate is better for some games ala halo mcc as it doesnt like when you cap for some reason. I have used frame limiters though some of the time through something like Riva tuner or in game menus. Also is there any cost to using low latency mode? someone else had told me to turn that off, but never explained why.

Anyways i'll change all those settings and report back with the findings. Now on the BIOS side im very happy too see some suggestions as i've never been told to or ever tried myself to change anything within BIOS, except for enabling DOCP. So theres a good chance something in BIOS is the cause or at least a possibility. As far as CPPC/PSS support unless its enabled by Asus Bios i haven't tried that and for the negative offset on vcore, same thing. Let me know if what you listed is how its labeled within bios and i'll enable them and report back with the findings! Also if you need me to take some pictures of the way the Asus Bios is setup, let me know and i'll post them. Thanks a ton for your time and effort.

youtube video i used for my first NVCP setup in the past if needed:

post edited by Crebain6 - 2021/09/03 21:44:11
Crebain6
Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/07 17:35:41 (permalink)
reinvented

Let us know.

OK! I went ahead and changed all of the nvidia settings and maybe it was a little less stuttery, but overall similar to before. I still had about 3 or 4 hard frame drops, screen tearing and the visual stuff was about the same i'd say.

On the BIOS things you were mentioning I went in and could only find PSS which is enabled (should i disable it?), although CPPC i couldn't find anywhere unless asus names it something else. Heres what the options look like in BIOS along with what i think is the Vcore settings that ASUS has set. Let me know if you need anything more specific. Thanks again for the help!

Lord_Maldoror
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Visual and Performance issues after 4 different PC builds with different parts 2021/09/07 18:08:19 (permalink)
Are you using any kind of pcie riser, or is the card always directly in the slot?
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile