Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102260
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/07/20 11:23:16 (permalink)
VR exclusives Moss and GORN both sold over 1 million copies | KitGuru

Moss and GORN, two VR exclusive titles, have now both officially sold over 1 million copies each as reported by RoadtoVR. Moss is a game which “combines classic components of a great game—compelling characters, gripping combat, and captivating world exploration—with the exciting opportunities of VR”. Offering a storybook-like presentation, the game proved to be successful enough to warrant a second entry (which was recently announced at the most recent State of Play). With the game officially selling over 1 million copies, it now makes sense as to why.

GORN is an arena-based gladiator-style game, which while it perhaps offers less story and substance than a game like Moss, offers a purely fun experience of fighting enemies in an arena using medieval weaponry.

GORN and Moss offer wholly different experiences, and yet both of them utilise VR in a way which showcases the potential of the ever-growing platform. GORN and Moss now join a small list of VR-exclusive games which have surpassed 1 million copies sold, including Job Simulator and Beat Saber – the latter of which has sold over 4 million copies.

The VR market is continuing to show steady growth, and it will be interesting to see just how big the market is 5 years from now.

I personally agree that VR gaming is steadily increasing. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Agim987
    • Total Posts : 35
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: VR exclusives Moss and GORN both sold over 1 million copies 2021/07/22 13:06:00 (permalink)
    Moss sounds like a nice game to chill out to. The majority of their sales were probably made during the summer sales. I will keep a look out for it on the holidays. Gorn has been selling for a while.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile