EVGA

Helpful ReplyVF Curve Tuner is giving me a headache

Author
BanginBaron
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/02/01 14:24:24 (permalink)
Hello, I am currently experiencing a strange bug with X1 VF curve tuner that i find extremely annoying. Running X1 version 1.3.7.
My system specs are as follows:

EVGA Z390 Dark Bios 1.10
Intel i7 9700K (stock clocks)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64gb 32x2 3200 MHz
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 on Samsung 980 PRO 2TB
EVGA Supernova 850 G2

Currently I am running an undervolt on my GPU which is 1850 MHz at 0.850V and memory OC at +300. Its runs very stable and I've not experienced an issue with the OC itself. The issues are more with the X1 software. When using VF curve editor, I am setting all points from 0.850V onwards to 1850 MHz manually in the VF curve editor pop out window. To re-iterate, I am not setting one point (1850 MHz at 0.850V) then clicking apply and letting the curve editor flatten out the curve automatically, I am flattening the curve manually each and every individual point, click apply and it works, saved to a profile in X1 and will run it for a few days no problems. Now occasionally when I restart, for whatever reason X1 will not apply previous settings on load, so I will load the profile with my custom VF curve and apply. When I go to look at the vf curve tuner (not the curve editor) all of the points that I flattened out manually are now set at different frequencies, now they're close to 1850 MHz but regardless are not what I set the points too. It seems that X1 is not keeping all of the points after 0.850V at the frequencies I set them to, and trying to reload the profile does nothing to fix the issue. Restarting my pc does nothing to resolve, reinstalling GPU driver does nothing to resolve. I've uninstalled and reinstalled X1 and still get the same issue. Now while gaming, I have RTSS and HWInfo running to display tech. info, and it seems that regardless of the VF curve tuner points not staying where I set them, the card will still run at 1850 MHz at 0.850V so it doesn't seem to be effecting my undervolt. Also why doesn't the custom curve created in the curve editor directly reflect in the curve tuner page on X1? Wth is going on with this software and why is it so glitchy? How have you guys not ironed out the creases yet? I absolutely love EVGA hardware, but this X1 software is driving me nuts and no i do not want to use MSI afterburner to undervolt my EVGA card, sure it may work better but no... just no.
post edited by BanginBaron - 2023/02/01 14:50:18
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31001
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: VF Curve Tuner is giving me a headache 2023/02/01 15:06:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby BanginBaron 2023/02/01 18:20:25
I cant answer - why VF cure works the way it does

Just wanted to give you a FYI - make sure to check your Samsung Firmware for your 980 Pro - bad things where happening with some of them

see this thread Samsung Issues Fix for Dying 980 Pro SSDs

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile