EVGA

Upload Invoice when buying directly from EVGA?

Author
VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 9
2021/10/30 11:30:56 (permalink)
I bought a RTX 3080TI FTW3 directly from EVGA. I registered The card, but do I need to also upload an Invoice?

Also, I forgot how to purchase the cross shipping option. Do you have to buy extended warranty to get this option?

Thanks!

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

5 Replies Related Threads

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: Upload Invoice when buying directly from EVGA? 2021/10/30 12:22:08 (permalink)
    You shouldn't have to upload your invoice as EVGA already has it.  That being said, some members advocate doing it anyway just in case and it only takes a few minutes of your time.

The EVGA Advanced RMA program is no more as of 24 June 2021, https://www.evga.com/support/ear/.  It was done away with because of problems associated with individuals trying to game the system (fraud).

ssateneth
    • Total Posts : 30
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Upload Invoice when buying directly from EVGA? 2021/10/30 19:20:34 (permalink)
    Yeah, too bad for EAR cross ship program. People were using it to jump the queue by purchasing an EAR, EVGA sends them a new/replacement card at MSRP and the person would send nothing back to EVGA. The person would be charged MSRP price to their credit card and jump the queue and proceed to scalp it on facebook/ebay. Now EVGA will only ever send a replacement card if they get the defective card in hand. It might return in the future if market prices normalize but for the time being, it will stay down and is no longer purchaseable.

When I bought an EVGA direct card, it was not automatically registered and did not have an invoice automatically added. You would need to register it, and upload your EVGA invoice to have an invoice on file for that serial number. You can select EVGA as the retailer if you bought it from EVGA.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Upload Invoice when buying directly from EVGA? 2021/10/31 03:02:11 (permalink)
    EAR is gone, but cross ship is not. EVGA will cross ship a card at the time of an RMA, and they charge double the MSRP to be able to cross ship as a way to stop people from abusing the system. You can select cross shipping when you complete an RMA, but not before.
    EVGATech_DavidR
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 318
    Re: Upload Invoice when buying directly from EVGA? 2021/10/31 13:51:34 (permalink)
    While not strictly necessary to upload the invoice for an EVGA.com purchased product, it does make things simpler when reviewing the account for any warranty or Step-Up purposes. As others have stated, the EVGA Advanced RMA (EAR) program is no more, we do still offer a Standard Cross Shipment, which requires a collateral payment equal to approximately 2x the MSRP value of the product, plus tax. For that type of RMA, once we receive the original item, in factory/undamaged physical condition, the full amount charged will be refunded.
    WhollyMindless
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Upload Invoice when buying directly from EVGA? 2021/11/24 07:09:33 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    ... they charge double the MSRP to be able to cross ship as a way to stop people from abusing the system."

That would have been good to know when the collateral collection process only showed a single unit charge.  (This could be an issue if it were to be presented to the card processor as the ACTUAL amount should be presented.) 

I totally get why they are doing it, I just wish it had been a little clearer as the original "single" price seems to still be on most of the paperwork.

Wholly
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile