AnsweredUnpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 985
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 10:30:31 (permalink)
Emew42
Let's start with putting Elite Members who were around before the Twitch/Post rule got you elite

as a long time EVGA customer, I'd support this. put me in front of everyone! I had elite prior to any of this. for several years now.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

Stickboy46
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 158
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 10:36:44 (permalink)
Darkkittycry79
mdb983
Your post begs the question; if these people are able to get multiple card from the queue, what are you doing wrong?

Let's be frank, your real issue is you haven't gotten a card yet, if you had, I suspect you'd be less inclined to complain about people joining multiple queues, or more precisely, getting multiple cards from the queue. Back in Jan/Feb I devoted countless hours to getting a 3080, waiting for Newegg release times and trying to beat others in adding to cart/checkout; Eventually, after much disappointment,  I got one.  

There is nothing stopping you from getting up early on each launch event and waiting for that moment when the notify button becomes available. Sure, there is an element of luck, but if you're willing to settle for the first card you can get then there is no reason not to join multiple queues. Your statement that people should only be allowed to buy one card, then go to the back of the queue is self serving. I got up early and was able to get the 3080Ti, on launch day, to replace my 3080. I'm hoping to get the Kingpin which was ultimately the card I wanted, again, I joined the queue (and I’ll probably have to wait a couple of months). I would settle for the Hybrid and add a block if it comes before the HC. Do you truly believe that just because I got the 3080Ti I should go to the back of the Queue for the Kingpin? From my perspective, that's saying the guy that put little effort into it and joined the queue well after I did gets to buy the card I want before me. Or perhaps you're saying I'm being selfish for buying a 3080Ti when I already have a 3080 and ultimately will replace with a Kingpin? Personally I see it as my choice as to how I spend my money and where I devote time and effort - because it does take time and effort to get a card at msrp in this market. 

Each SKU is limited to 1 per household, so if I’m in a different queue or get a different card from the one you want, that doesn’t impact you. If I happen to be ahead of you in the same queue, well that’s simply because I either tried harder or was more fortunate; That will always be the case, it’s the nature of a queue based system.  To expect someone that has put as much, if not more, effort into securing a place in the queue to be sent to the back, smacks of a sense of entitlement.

What a waste of space.

Agreed .. your post is a waste of space

i7-10700kf @ 5.1
Corsair H150i Elite Capellix
MSI Z490 ACE
8gbx4 G.Skill TridentZ DDR 4000CL15
EVGA 3090 Kingpin
Corsair AX1200i
Lian Li O11 XL Dynamic
Gotspeed_2000
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 818
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 10:45:18 (permalink)
mdb983
Your post begs the question; if these people are able to get multiple card from the queue, what are you doing wrong?

Let's be frank, your real issue is you haven't gotten a card yet, if you had, I suspect you'd be less inclined to complain about people joining multiple queues, or more precisely, getting multiple cards from the queue. Back in Jan/Feb I devoted countless hours to getting a 3080, waiting for Newegg release times and trying to beat others in adding to cart/checkout; Eventually, after much disappointment,  I got one.  

There is nothing stopping you from getting up early on each launch event and waiting for that moment when the notify button becomes available. Sure, there is an element of luck, but if you're willing to settle for the first card you can get then there is no reason not to join multiple queues. Your statement that people should only be allowed to buy one card, then go to the back of the queue is self serving. I got up early and was able to get the 3080Ti, on launch day, to replace my 3080. I'm hoping to get the Kingpin which was ultimately the card I wanted, again, I joined the queue (and I’ll probably have to wait a couple of months). I would settle for the Hybrid and add a block if it comes before the HC. Do you truly believe that just because I got the 3080Ti I should go to the back of the Queue for the Kingpin? From my perspective, that's saying the guy that put little effort into it and joined the queue well after I did gets to buy the card I want before me. Or perhaps you're saying I'm being selfish for buying a 3080Ti when I already have a 3080 and ultimately will replace with a Kingpin? Personally I see it as my choice as to how I spend my money and where I devote time and effort - because it does take time and effort to get a card at msrp in this market. 

Each SKU is limited to 1 per household, so if I’m in a different queue or get a different card from the one you want, that doesn’t impact you. If I happen to be ahead of you in the same queue, well that’s simply because I either tried harder or was more fortunate; That will always be the case, it’s the nature of a queue based system.  To expect someone that has put as much, if not more, effort into securing a place in the queue to be sent to the back, smacks of a sense of entitlement.

I also agree with this statement.  If you want something you need to put in the work.  When I joined the queues I made the mistake of signing up for just a few queues that aren't really moving.  I did some work and found a place where they were selling the GPUs a little over MSRP.  Was it worth it to me, yes to prevent me from spending more time looking for parts I needed to complete my build instead of having a ton of parts sitting not being used.  I did my work on the forums and figured out the queue system and how it works.  Got in line for the 3060 launch and was able to get a decent time for a build I did for a friend.  Before anyone says anything, I don't charge to build PCs for friends.  I help them figure out the parts they want based on performance needs and budget.  So what is the difference if I stand in line for them or they do it?  Do I dislike scalpers...yes but it is the market that drives the prices so if there weren't anyone willing to pay those prices no one would be buying it.  If you came to the party late or didn't do your homework then it's on you.  The EVGA queue system is extremely fair to be honest.  I don't like the 100 post rule or watch their videos to get "Elite" status to be honest. To be honest while far from perfect it is still better than what other companies offer and provides those who don't own an EVGA product equal footing to those who are already "Elite" status.  

But if you know the system, you could have gamed it to increase your chances.  There were post all over the forum about how to get "Elite" before the recent launches.  All people who had "Elite" had the same chance of getting into the queues as others.  Getting to "Elite" status wasn't something difficult or required anyone to purchase items either.  

Bottom line is when you join the queues, you have an idea of where you are based on information shared by users and tracked by others.  You can still register for the New Egg Shuffles and do your searches to increase your chances of getting these GPUs.  You get in line when you sign up like everyone else.  Atleast there is a line you can stand in to buy these at MSRP.  No one is forced to stand in line and your spot in line is secured as people get theirs, you move forward.  It's better than I would assume camping out at MicroCenters overnight just for them to sell out before they get to you and have to do it over again another day.  

Corsair 1000D Obsidian Case
I9 13900K with EK Velocity 2 Block
ASUS 4090 Strix with Optimus Block
ASUS Hero Z690 Mobo
64GB DDR5 RAM Trident 6000Mhz 
1TB Nvme primary /2*2TB Nvme secondary/1tb & 2TB SSD drive
EVGA 1600 Watt PSU
30 Lian Li AL120 fans
2 * 480mm medium thickness rad, 2 * 360mm medium thickness rad, with
Two EK Pump/res combos.  Custom hard tube loop.  
Samsung G7 32" Monitor
EVGA Z20 Keyboard
Glorious Model O
DonzoVT
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 10:52:40 (permalink)
if it was only one card per address would cut down on scalpers. and the Queue would go much faster. i only signed up for the card i want not cards to sell
Irmok the Mad
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 10:52:51 (permalink)
gsrcrxsi
Edwin405
Well, I see it as a long term investment, sorta like a car, you can add things and whatsoever, BUT, it will always loose its value, no matter the condition or hardware of it. If you dont think so, that fine, but I do, so ye

like a car? LMAO. cars are also almost always a bad investment, unless you're buying some 1960's ferrari worth millions.

most cars depreciate almost instantly. i don't think you know what an investment is.

An investment is something that returns value in the long run but doesn't have to be monetary value. A car is an investment because it gives you the value of transportation for say 5 - 10 years. Furniture is an investment because it gives you a place to sit yer butt on for many years. GPU is an investment because you get 5+ years of pc gaming from it.

A non-investment would be going to the movies or Disney World. It doesn't last very long.

One of the four definitions of investment is "an act of devoting time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result."
Stubbies
  • Total Posts : 48
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 11:06:17 (permalink)
Darkkittycry79
I've been in some lines since January with no movement. You really HAVE to join them all if you ever want a chance.

Absolutely not true.  Yes some ques aren't moving fast but as the old saying goes timing is everything.  I was super late to two ques on the 3090.  I got elite status the week before the 3080 Ti release and was in the fight to get the web site working like everyone else.  I got a decent time of 7:42 and change and may see my card this week or maybe next week.  I only signed up for the FTW3 variant.  I didn't sign up for any of the 3070 Ti ques as that card makes no sense to me at that price point and for the fact that I got a good time on the 3080 Ti.  So since I was super late on the 3090 ques that will amount to nothing and all the eggs are in the one 3080 Ti FTW 3 basket.

Darkkittycry79 
That said - if you chose to accept the first card you get - you should be moved to the back of all card lines for 30 days.  Once 30 days has elapsed, you keep whatever new que positions you sign up for until you accept another card and then the cycle repeats.  

I don't think it needs to be that complicated.  I do like the idea that if someone gets notified for a card AND buys it either their que is cleared and they have to re sign up for any ques they want or the que times are automatically put to the back of the line.  That action alone would guarantee WAY beyond 30 days elapses between cards.  If someone screws up and misses their buy window that shouldn't affect any other ques.
post edited by Stubbies - 2021/06/16 11:09:12
DrAmerica
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 11:29:07 (permalink)
skyline385
When you ask them about it, they get all offended saying the other card is for their children, family, neighbors, etc.

Well here's my thing, I have a 1050 2GB and need an upgrade to be able to really play any of my VR games but didn't have the money for a new GPU until just recently (I'm also not dropping the same money for an MSRP 3060 on only a 1660 Super). My friend only has a 6GB 1060, and he's wanting a new GPU because it's slowly making its way out of the market as well, and games are getting more demanding (plus he wants to do VR stuff as well). I'm more than willing to help him out with getting him a new card once I can get one and vice versa. So if I were going to buy multiple GPU's, only one of them would be for me, and all of them would be being used by real gamers/enthusiasts who paid at least around MSRP (I also have a friend gaming on a 780, and he def needs an upgrade too). So it's not really me getting offended so much as me wanting to help ration out cards to people I know for a fact will use them as gamers and enthusiasts, and not miners/scalpers.
DrAmerica
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 11:58:44 (permalink)
mdb983
To expect someone that has put as much, if not more, effort into securing a place in the queue to be sent to the back, smacks of a sense of entitlement.

Complete and utter hypocrisy. Where are your old cards going? I can only hope back into the secondhand market for fair prices or into the hands of friends or family. Hoarding them or scalping them yourself means you're just contributing not only to your own problem but a problem for others as well.
goodgoodstudy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 126
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 12:10:52 (permalink)
I can stand behind OP's idea.  The only modification I have is the limit should be 2 cards instead of just 1 card a year - I want to get a 3070 for now but still, ultimately want 3090 when I have enough money.   I can also see members with family so having 2 cards a year are good.
tecmo34
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 114
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 12:34:11 (permalink)
The whole thing is an issue with availability and I understand everyone's frustration. It sucks across the board for the gamers that we can't get a card, no matter how many, when ever we want or needed one.  There is no right or wrong on the number of cards, as I have a opinion on it, the OP has an opinion, others have their opinion on it. The thing is EVGA has created queue process for Elite members (though don't agree with the 100 post or Twitch view to be Elite) and non-Elite members to be put in a queue with the same opportunity as the next person.  

At the same time, those of us that have gotten more than one SKU, we have followed the same process as others with the same opportunity as everyone. I haven't done anything special, no bots, struggled just as everyone with EVGA's site crashing, etc. and have just done my best with the queue (as Gotspeed_2000 noted... put in the work). I have been lucky to gain access to a 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 3080 FTW3 Ultra, 3070 FTW3 Ultra, and 3060 XC3 from the queue system, and a 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra through step-up program with using the 3060 XC3. Based on the Queue summary, I could have gotten a 3080 XC3 Ultra, and 3080 XC3 but removed prior, along with the 3080 FTW3 that would still be pending. The cards I have gotten access to are in use in daily systems (outside the 3060 XC3) at this time for gaming, working from home and or school. I haven't scalped any card, nor would I plan too. Sold my old 2070 Super below MSRP since it was a year old, just a few months ago. I could have gotten a lot more money out of it on eBay but I'm not giving into the scalpers and the unfair high prices. The 3070 replaced older 970's that have gone into a spare computer out of an old Sandy Bridge-E build for my son's friends so they can PC game with him when at the house. 

PartNumber          DateEntered                           Notify Sent
08G-P5-3797-KL     06/10/2021 06:59:52 AM PT     Removed by User  
12G-P5-3967-KR    06/03/2021 07:52:31 AM PT      Removed by User  (Using step up with the 3060 versus queue)
12G-P5-3657-KR    02/25/2021 09:59:47 AM PT      Yes                       (Used to step up to 3080 Ti (pending))
08G-P5-3667-KR    12/01/2020 09:55:17 AM PT      No
08G-P5-3767-KR    10/29/2020 06:23:22 AM PT      Yes                       (Son's PC but will be going to 3080)
24G-P5-3987-KR    09/27/2020 01:27:59 PM PT      Yes                       (Sold at MSRP in 2020 to a friend)
10G-P5-3895-KR    09/21/2020 11:18:56 AM PT      Removed by User
10G-P5-3897-KR    09/17/2020 07:46:57 AM PT      Yes                       (My PC but will be going to 3080 Ti)
10G-P5-3885-KR    09/16/2020 03:49:35 PM PT      Removed by User
10G-P5-3883-KR    09/16/2020 06:18:22 PM PT      Removed by User

As I said, it sucks for everyone and I do feel for those that have been waiting in the queue since last year and haven't received a card. Don't take out the frustration on those that have gotten cards through the same process of the queue for cards that are being put to use for their attended purposes (gaming) and not mining. Not everyone is getting multiple cards to turn around and scalp the card for crazy prices over MSRP. Unfortunately, the few have outweighed the many when you see a 30 series GPU going for twice the MSRP price or older 10 series cards going for $100's of dollars over current 30 series MSRP.   It is the system itself with card availability that is broken, which in truth is even out of EVGA's hands. 

Primary: i9-10850 @ 4.8 GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX3080  Ti FTW3 Ultra | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E | OS/App HDD: WD Blue SN550 1TB | Game HDD: WD Black SN750 1TB | Storage HDD: WD Black 4TB | Corsair Vengeance PRO 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 | Corsair H150i | Corsair Obsidian Series 900D | Corsair HX series HX-850 850W 
Secondary: i7-10700K @ 4.6 GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | ASUS PRIME Z-490-A | OS/App HDD: WD Blue SN550 1TB | Game HDD: WD Black SN750 1TB  | Corsair Vengeance PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | Corsair AXi series Digital AX1200i 1200W 
mercIE
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 15:54:41 (permalink)
100% this, should be 1 card per credit card / address until the shortage clears somewhat.
mercIE
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 16:08:42 (permalink)
tecmo34
(though don't agree with the 100 post or Twitch view to be Elite)

But you are content to defend hogging the equivalent of an entire EU country's allocation of EVGA cards in one greedy household.

The shortage, the number of households without any cards and the fact that the queue is so open to abuse from miners, entitled folk and scalpers buying one of every card calls strongly for a revision of EVGA's current queue system.

Fair allocation would be 1 card (in total, not of each model) per address until the supply improves with a more even split among continents. But EVGA has made it clear how little it values non North American customers.

post edited by mercIE - 2021/06/16 16:11:37
aceroccola
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 16:21:17 (permalink)
steven-1979
Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue:  throw elite members who already got a card to the back of the queue.  You've got elite member bragging that they've gotten 5+ cards while the rest of us are stuck with 0.  What people even need with 5+ cards is beyond me unless they're a scalper or a miner.  If you got a card, congrats, enjoy your sweet 3xxx gaming experience and welcome to the back of the line while the rest of us 0'ers try to get our 1st card.  I know it won't happen ... just wishful (and probably unpopular) thinking.

I think this is only unpopular with the minority who have actually managed to game the system properly get those 5+ cards. Everyone else would certainly like to have a shot. 

Same with the Newegg lottery and other systems running right now. A very small handful of people seem to benefit while the rest of us are left in the lurch. 
gsrcrxsi
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 985
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 21:03:10 (permalink)
aceroccola
Everyone else would certainly like to have a shot. 

everyone does have a shot. the same shot.

do better. show up on launch day, on time. it's the only way.

Rig1: EPYC 7V12 | [4] RTX A4000
Rig2: EPYC 7B12 | [5] 3080Ti + [2] 2080Ti
Rig3: EPYC 7B12 | [6] 3070Ti + [2] 3060
Rig4: [2] EPYC 7742 | RTX A2000
Rig5: [2] EPYC 7642
Rig6: EPYC 7551 | [4] Titan V

carlese
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 102
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/16 23:42:02 (permalink)
One per account in these tie great, give everyone the chance to have one GPU!
HowieDogDealt
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/17 21:48:25 (permalink)
Man, I didn't think this would be a controversial. I'm just tryna game with my friends and collab on some projects :(
youngplayer9
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/18 14:07:25 (permalink)
Edwin405
Okay mr @gsrcrxsi, We have different definitions, so what? let people be people, mr know-it-all

Hes just trollin you, don't feed.
DojoGuy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/18 17:55:23 (permalink)
I agree with the original poster.
311junkie
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/18 19:25:07 (permalink)
mercIE
100% this, should be 1 card per credit card / address until the shortage clears somewhat.
agreed, though there would be work arounds
azbyka101
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/22 17:19:03 (permalink)
Hoping this ELITE system will help me to get rtx 30 series.
azbyka101
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/22 21:27:43 (permalink)
Get in, get your gpu, get out. XD
Hot_Chez
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 174
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/22 21:41:17 (permalink)
+1 honestly a really really good idea. gives people that dont even have a card a better chance to get one before the people that already have them get more. but i am not complaining with the queue system. it is already better than the way bestbuy and newegg do things.
brokenlaptop14
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/23 09:22:40 (permalink)
agreed 100% OP
waitdz_ga
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/23 09:26:26 (permalink)
Microcenter started doing something similar, they limit you to one purchase every 30 days and you have to provide a valid id/driver's license.
Erebus_Grey
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/23 13:21:27 (permalink)
I can see 2 cards being a reasonable limit for now.  That allows two computers or 1 SL1.  Just one might be a bit draconian.
Niam2020
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Unpopular opinion regarding Elite Queue 2021/06/30 20:03:35 (permalink)
I love this idea it is fair and equitable and gives the majority to enjoy the product vs extreme exclusivity
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile