EVGA

Helpful ReplyUnofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 17
Author
Waxxon
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 11:54:11 (permalink)
RedSVTLightning
https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/status/1318981898866053120

Step ups are done for this week.

Jesus Christ. This is getting pretty ridiculous. I believe we're not even past 9:08am on the first day. 

Was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until this week. This is a joke. Looks like it's back to the F5 game for me if I want a card anytime soon.
wvumatt
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:00:11 (permalink)
RedSVTLightning
Step ups are done for this week.

Jesus Christ. This is getting pretty ridiculous. I believe we're not even past 9:08am on the first day. 

What a $%#@!&^ joke. I bet we will see more notification emails later this week like we saw yesterday.

Even if they just committed to lets say 10 step up cards a week plus maybe an additional 10% of abnormally large shipments, they could still sell a good amount through notifications, keep the step ups moving and buy some good will so people at least know the process is moving. But the BS of "oh yeah next week, huge shipment is coming" is a joke.
JThomas1215
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:18:37 (permalink)
Trying to upload some pics but it doesn't seem to be working...
Waxxon
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:35:15 (permalink)
Looks like it was a sad week for Step-Ups all around. I only see one step-two this week in the 3080 thread and that was yesterday. Some of those guys are going to be waiting looooong time.
RaveKnave
  • Total Posts : 38
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:43:53 (permalink)
Waxxon
Looks like it was a sad week for Step-Ups all around. I only see one step-two this week in the 3080 thread and that was yesterday. Some of those guys are going to be waiting looooong time.

Yeah this is ridiculous that EVGA is handling it this way. Mean yeah step up so awesome that it’s there and that gives you the flexibility to kind of wait on the card. But it’s also a slap in the face to you being a loyal customer and wanting to stick with a EVGA because many of us went with step up before we even knew that they were going to do the notification queue. If I had known they would’ve had a notification queue I would’ve done it along time ago. But now I’m committed because I purchased a card specifically so I could do step up thinking that that was going to be the only way really to get my hands on an EVGA card. Since EVGA was the brand that I really wanted most out of all that AIB brands. The least EVGA could do is make it an even split between the notification list and step up.
RedSVTLightning
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:48:57 (permalink)
Try and get involved on Twitter. There's a discussion on how bad the 3090 stepups have been. Just follow the threads tied to Jacob. 
RaveKnave
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:52:06 (permalink)
RedSVTLightning
Try and get involved on Twitter. There's a discussion on how bad the 3090 stepups have been. Just follow the threads tied to Jacob. 

Exactly everybody should be on Twitter making a fuss. If you’re not making a fuss making some noise it’s easy to ignore you. Now of course not saying to be an ass or anything like that but got to make it be known that were dissatisfied. I mean literally before they came up with the notification queue, step up was the queue; there was no other option. We should not be penalized just because we tried to go with the first form of a queue they had.
wvumatt
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 12:57:08 (permalink)
RaveKnave
Waxxon

Yeah this is ridiculous that EVGA is handling it this way. Mean yeah step up so awesome that it’s there and that gives you the flexibility to kind of wait on the card. But it’s also a slap in the face to you being a loyal customer and wanting to stick with a EVGA because many of us went with step up before we even knew that they were going to do the notification queue. If I had known they would’ve had a notification queue I would’ve done it along time ago. But now I’m committed because I purchased a card specifically so I could do step up thinking that that was going to be the only way really to get my hands on an EVGA card. Since EVGA was the brand that I really wanted most out of all that AIB brands. The least EVGA could do is make it an even split between the notification list and step up.

Even split sure would be nice!

RedSVTLightning
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 13:15:55 (permalink)
I just tweeted him. https://twitter.com/RedSVTLightning/status/1319008673889456130

Let's see if we can get some traction on this. Hopefully we can get some response.
hitmanblood
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 14:00:23 (permalink)
i would bet money at this point that sometime in November, probably early November, all this stock issue goes away. Magically, just in time for the AMD launch.
wvumatt
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 14:01:18 (permalink)
People on Reddit are reporting getting notification que emails right now for the 3090 ftw3 ultra. 
Jack-Rabbit
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 163
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 14:01:43 (permalink)
hitmanblood
i would bet money at this point that sometime in November, probably early November, all this stock issue goes away. Magically, just in time for the AMD launch.

You are probably correct. Bet Nvidia made all the AIBs do this just to hype up demand by limiting stock.

Jack-Rabbit
Superclocked Member
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 14:04:59 (permalink)
wvumatt
People on Reddit are reporting getting notification que emails right now for the 3090 ftw3 ultra. 

Have a link?

wvumatt
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 14:15:05 (permalink)
RaveKnave
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 15:24:44 (permalink)
hitmanblood
[/quote

I’ll take that bet 😂
Waxxon
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 15:50:02 (permalink)
Just saw this on Reddit:

"Based on the EVGA notify list that the community put together, EVGA has made it through ~83 of the 300+ auto notify orders on the 3090FTW Ultra at the time I’m posting this."

**** if true. Half of that number could have almost wiped out the entire 3090 Step-Up queue.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/...l_came_in_24gp53987kr/
Jack-Rabbit
Superclocked Member
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 16:16:03 (permalink)
Yeah but not everyone posted on the forums who were on the Step-up program. There are probably a lot more people waiting

Waxxon
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 16:29:48 (permalink)
Jack-Rabbit
Yeah but not everyone posted on the forums who were on the Step-up program. There are probably a lot more people waiting

Think you'd be surprised. Most of those who I've seen posting about getting to Step-Two on Reddit are represented here. Have to consider most with a 3090 Step-Up were looking for an estimate for when they would get their card and ended up here. This thread is the only place I've found that's tracking it.

RedSVTLightning
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/21 16:41:27 (permalink)
Waxxon
Jack-Rabbit

Think you'd be surprised. Most of those who I've seen posting about getting to Step-Two on Reddit are represented here. Have to consider most with a 3090 Step-Up were looking for an estimate for when they would get their card and ended up here. This thread is the only place I've found that's tracking it.

I agree. I'd say a vast majority who know about/use the step up program are proficient enought to use the EVGA forums or find the spreadsheet and post to it. 
Lordim
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/22 17:44:57 (permalink)
dejondouglas88
JThomas1215
Jack-Rabbit
What do you have for a PSU JThomas?

EVGA T2 1000w

Yeah I have a 850 but thinking about going to 1000W cause I wanna try to overclock. But then I worry if my current cooling setup will suffice or if I’ll have to watercool

My brother has a 3090 and a 10850KA and overclocked both on a 850W and didn’t run into any issues.
Lordim
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/22 18:06:22 (permalink)
hitmanblood

I think if that were to happen it would be incredibly stupid for Nvidia, you already have people ticked off stock was piss poor number on launch day that all the boys and scalpers got day one stock.

Then demand is so high and supply so Low getting a $700 GPU for under a $1000 is because you were notified by EVGA being in the auto-notify Queue one was available for you to purchase,
and then to suddenly have a massive surge of supply when AMD is about to launch something they claim to have enough supply to not sell out and be deemed a paper launch like the 30 series.
To me that would say Nvidia thinks it’s customers are stupid enough to be lied to just so they can make their products sell like crazy on day one. And when a competitor is going to offer more of a not as good product they release a massive stash of cards.
If their is a sudden surge of cards available it is more likely quality has been skimped on because Nvidia is only now realizing it shouldn’t have done the launch when they did.
And the short supply of cards is what Nvidia has always done. But this year it will be the most bitter pill for them to swallow.

Either way a surge of cards would put me off so much that I wouldn’t care for all the optimization Nvidia has over AMD
Boldly lying to customer about supply just says in my mind
“We’re Nvidia we can do what we want and you will buy from us anyway.”

Short version:
Nvidia won’t release a secret stash of units because there is no secret stash. And if they did they are stupid cause either they are skimping on quality or they did have a stash and they think their customers are stupid enough to be lied to so boldly and people will still buy their stuff.
Waxxon
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/22 18:21:08 (permalink)
Lordim
Short version:
Nvidia won’t release a secret stash of units because there is no secret stash. And if they did they are stupid cause either they are skimping on quality or they did have a stash and they think their customers are stupid enough to be lied to so boldly and people will still buy their stuff.

I get what you're saying but counterpoint: What if nvidia was asking resellers to build stock for a few weeks while letting a few cards trickle out, then open the flood gates? E-tailers might actually have stock that lasts more than a few minutes and get cards into people's hands. That might get them some good will. These drops that are gone in 1-2 minutes are what is pissing people off the most.   

Side note, I checked out the unofficial notification tracking spreadsheet. Signed up for notification on the 3090 FTW late in the game, 10/6. If the numbers are accurate. I'm around #331 on the list. At least 86 cards have gone out so far to the queue. If Step-Ups continue at this pace, I very well might get my notification queue email before I get to Step-up. 
wvumatt
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/22 18:44:50 (permalink)
Waxxon
Lordim
Short version:

I get what you're saying but counterpoint: What if nvidia was asking resellers to build stock for a few weeks while letting a few cards trickle out, then open the flood gates? E-tailers might actually have stock that lasts more than a few minutes and get cards into people's hands. That might get them some good will. These drops that are gone in 1-2 minutes are what is pissing people off the most.   

Side note, I checked out the unofficial notification tracking spreadsheet. Signed up for notification on the 3090 FTW late in the game, 10/6. If the numbers are accurate. I'm around #331 on the list. At least 86 cards have gone out so far to the queue. If Step-Ups continue at this pace, I very well might get my notification queue email before I get to Step-up. 

If that happens, you should call them and request that card be used for your step up 
ejmfu
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/22 19:05:18 (permalink)
Beginning to look likely the reason EVGA isn't giving users their position number in the queue for both auto-notify and step-up is just how few 3080s and 3090s NVIDIA has made available for them. Don't have enough to even fill out their entry product stack (XC3s, GAMING).

Embarrassing launch from NVIDIA, and the stain might start spilling over to its partners.
Lordim
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/22 19:19:14 (permalink)
Waxxon
Lordim
Short version:

I see your point. However I work as a Fab Operator. And we make lots of different chips that go into different stuff can give you exact details due to NDA, and as a lowly operator they don’t specifically tell use exactly what each die does.
But I can say we make stuff that goes into cars, medical equipment, phones, and loads more.

But enough about that. I can tell you we have stuff on the shelves from months ago, that’s not because we don’t want to get it out of the FAB.
It’s because some stuff is just slow moving either due to quality concerns, or some tools take a whole day or longer to run it and it’s better to run it with a full batch of 100 wafers than run 25 and waste chemical, and hold up 6 other products that could have ram faster or at a higher batch.
Suffice to say it takes time. We had a special Lot come in and our goal was to run it through the Fab ASAP. And consider we operate 24/7 it took 9 days to do it.
Now that was apparently from what our higher ups claim was a very fast and we have set a gold standard with that timeframe for that particular product.
They expected us to take 30 days on that lot.
Some product gets looked at after every step to ensure quality is top notch, Or if it has yield concerns, which in turn slows down how long it takes to get product out of the facility.
And after it leaves our facility it goes to another country to be cut and then final testing.
Now I don’t work for Samsung or Nvidia but if they claim low yield is a issue playing into why their is not a huge amount of stock. I will most definitely believe it.
Because we have loads of stuff in place to make sure everything else is right so that if their is a issue with the product it’s so easy to know if the design needs to be tweaked. Considering this isn’t 12nm it’s 8nm I think. Pretty new, I can think of 5 things that play a factor into low yield.

Training workers on new equipment or new process

New die size means design may need some tweaking to ensure it’s going to not only work but work a long time.
(Not to put quality into question) but simply that the design isn’t yielding consistent results.

Calibration of tools to run the design, and in extension to recalibrate if the design needs tweaking.

Recipes take long time to run and when you factor in calibration if it turns out the recipe doesn’t have the exact needed effect. (Very complicated to explain but rest assured their are trained people who can inspect and determine if it needs tweaking and how much then if the product that was run already can be run again or if it gets scrapped.)

Then external things going on that make it so either a Fab is shut down or has to cutback in operations or other things as well. Considering Covid and knowing my work has had some downtime not because we wanted it but because our facility we send our stuff to for final cutting and testing was shut down and we were sitting on
Weeks upon weeks of product that we had to shut down.
Their is so much that goes into making microchips if anyone is sitting on Nvidia 3080 or 3090 stuff it’s Samsung... and it’s unfinished product. Or maybe they have stuff they finished but it needs to be moved on but is stagnant due to Covid and or other things. (Difficulties sending stuff to other countries.)

You see “low yield” and that seems strange maybe for multiple reasons.

I see “low yield” and I have a flashback of a bad day at work.

Short version is:
I’m attempting a short version:
Yes tweaking design and calibrating tools should already be figured out by now.
But their is still so much crap that goes into yield of microchips even for old tech. New die size only makes it more complicated.
post edited by Lordim - 2020/10/22 19:34:41
optimumbox
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/23 11:48:34 (permalink)
Update: My 2080ti was just delivered to EVGA at 10:35 PDT. Hopefully I'll get a quick turn around.
notfordman
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10345
  • Ribbons : 28
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/23 11:50:03 (permalink)
If you're still adding to the thread: 
EVGA Step-Up RMA Request Step 1 of 5 for P/N: 24G-P5-3987-KR
 10/20/2020 1:12 AM

Good luck to all. 
Jack-Rabbit
Superclocked Member
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/23 11:54:54 (permalink)
Had this on Page 5, guessing the OP for the thread never added it, must have his card.

Seeing as the 3080 has a nice little spreadsheet for tracking, I have created one for the 3090 queue.
Use this to enter your base information up to Step 1:

https://forms.gle/WNfpRLcugsGJ16ks5

Use this to edit your information on Steps 2 through 5.  Or you can double check if you are there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eewHGsJLb5Z-DLU9K0QFje58SwCbqe-7tiFkjnMya-c/edit?usp=sharing

RedSVTLightning
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/23 13:10:49 (permalink)
Jack-Rabbit
Had this on Page 5, guessing the OP for the thread never added it, must have his card.

Seeing as the 3080 has a nice little spreadsheet for tracking, I have created one for the 3090 queue.
Use this to enter your base information up to Step 1:

https://forms.gle/WNfpRLcugsGJ16ks5

Use this to edit your information on Steps 2 through 5.  Or you can double check if you are there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eewHGsJLb5Z-DLU9K0QFje58SwCbqe-7tiFkjnMya-c/edit?usp=sharing

Is there anyway to standardize the times and time zones (maybe convert to all PST) so it's easier to sort by times?
JThomas1215
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Unofficial 3090 Step-Up Queue Thread 2020/10/23 14:19:55 (permalink)
optimumbox
Update: My 2080ti was just delivered to EVGA at 10:35 PDT. Hopefully I'll get a quick turn around.

Nice! They turned mine around same day. Hopefully yours will be just as quick!
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 17
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile