EVGA

Helpful ReplyUnofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 58
Author
Power781
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/28 15:26:48 (permalink)
Cancelled my step up and sent my card back to amazon. Got a TUF directly from Asus at a decent price.  
Your loss EVGA for not communicating.
jess.scanlan86
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/28 15:59:26 (permalink)
To be fair they have said nothing. i understand folks cancelling.
post edited by jess.scanlan86 - 2020/10/28 16:00:45

Current: Asrock Pro 4 AM4; Ryzen 5 3600; 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @3200mhz; EVGA RTX 2070s Black Gaming; OS Samsung EVO 970; Case: Cooler Master HAF X

EVGAfan587
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 15:48:45 (permalink)
AsheAshe
flg2010
stock alerts??? LOL...  I have been trying that for a month.. have yet to be able to get to the site before bots or people quicker then me.  

What EVGA is doing is the only way to get the card you want without paying 2, 3 or more times the list price.

Not being funny but you can’t have been trying very hard, I’ve got my 8th 3080 coming Friday as been sourcing them for my mates. There are numerous discord’s & telegram groups with bots that scan amazon and post notifications when stock lands within seconds so just a case of hitting add to basket. It was only because I specifically want the ftw3 ultra that I held o it so long but I got one of those on amazon too eventually. Have an xc3 coming Friday and a FE tomorrow, both orders today alone. Really isn’t that hard to get a 3080 if you know where to look

Admitting to scalping, bots and using pedocord. Dumbest post in this thread, congratulations.
awes0mme
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 15:58:34 (permalink)
Honestly guys - think its time we reach out to Gamers Nexus about all this.

So out of interest ive kept an eye on EVGA stock coming into EU with a bot (with no intention on buying)

Over the last week, Amazon alone has had 20 stock deliveries to Amazon.de.

Stock is now coming through. Why are EU orders not being fulfilled in step up whilst American orders are? Honestly its at the point now where we as a collective should be reaching out to the likes or Gamers Nexus who call out this sort of behaviour. EVGA Jacob has at best, screwed up with his information and at worst, deceived.

We are not the lower class consumer. We all paid the same if not more and its now at the point where the silence is simply unacceptable.

I propose if we do not have an answer from an EVGA rep in 2-3 days of this post, that we all email Gamers Nexus. If enough of us do it, they will pick up on it and at the very least get us some straight answers.
AsheAshe
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 16:02:37 (permalink)
awes0mme
Honestly guys - think its time we reach out to Gamers Nexus about all this.

So out of interest ive kept an eye on EVGA stock coming into EU with a bot (with no intention on buying)

Over the last week, Amazon alone has had 20 stock deliveries to Amazon.de.

Stock is now coming through. Why are EU orders not being fulfilled in step up whilst American orders are? Honestly its at the point now where we as a collective should be reaching out to the likes or Gamers Nexus who call out this sort of behaviour. EVGA Jacob has at best, screwed up with his information and at worst, deceived.

We are not the lower class consumer. We all paid the same if not more and its now at the point where the silence is simply unacceptable.

I propose if we do not have an answer from an EVGA rep in 2-3 days of this post, that we all email Gamers Nexus. If enough of us do it, they will pick up on it and at the very least get us some straight answers.

There have been numerous ftw3 and xc3 drops on amazon.it, amazon.de, amazon.fr and amazon.co.uk this week alongside many smaller retailers. There is no excuse for either the notification system not working or the step up program not making any movement.

They’re just not bothered.
poppinsmac
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 16:04:59 (permalink)
Don't think I can delete my initial Google survey, but I cancelled my step up and am going for a 3070 instead.
awes0mme
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 16:47:14 (permalink)
Yep its beyond a joke now. Honestly, we can all keep moaning about it or we can take action.

stephen_burke@gamersnexus.net

Subject line: Can you investigate EVGA EU step up?

Hi Steve,

Can you possibly use you’re contacts in senior management at EVGA to find our why EU customers in the step up programme are effectively being discriminated against compared to their US counter parts.

EU is regularly getting stock now from EVGA (as can be proven thanks to bots) yet the EU customers who purchased EVGA cards due to the step-up programme continue to get no answers or updates whilst the US queue is moving.

Its verging on mis-selling and misleading at this point. EVGA jacob did tell us that stock was coming “next week” nearly 3 weeks ago.

Since then its radio silence. On behalf of all EU customers I hope you can get some answers for us.

————————

Everyone send the above to the email address. I am sure we will very quickly get some answers if Steve picks it up!
post edited by awes0mme - 2020/10/29 16:51:07
WONDERMIKE1337
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 17:36:40 (permalink)
I changed my 2 3080 step-ups to 3070 now. Got my Zotac 3080 today from a local retailer.
jess.scanlan86
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 17:39:31 (permalink)
EVGA will fulfill mass orders before their own pre-orders due to contracts with larger retailers. 

Historically Step Up is never a fast process during launch. 

Current: Asrock Pro 4 AM4; Ryzen 5 3600; 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @3200mhz; EVGA RTX 2070s Black Gaming; OS Samsung EVO 970; Case: Cooler Master HAF X

awes0mme
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 17:55:23 (permalink)
Except thats a load of crap because US queue is moving. If neither queue was moving thats fine and more understandable. But right now, thats not the case.
jess.scanlan86
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 18:06:49 (permalink)
You do understand its an American company, the EU is a separate market with individual taxation according to regions and they can't use the same distribution network? 

awes0mme
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/29 18:19:02 (permalink)
Except again that doesn’t wash. EVGA europe is based in Germany.

The majority of the listings and stock is coming out of Amazon DE (Amazon do not take pre-orders so this is fresh stock and its sold direct by the EVGA store on Amazon. EVGA have always used Amazon over their own store for European stock allocation.

So I do understand the taxation. But your thought process is flawed.
jess.scanlan86
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 06:02:30 (permalink)
How is my thought process flawed? 

You are this <.> big to EVGA.

Amazon are this <..............................................................> big to EVGA. 

Does that fit your thought process?

MattyKHZ
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 09:13:01 (permalink)
jess.scanlan86
How is my thought process flawed? 

You are this <.> big to EVGA.

Amazon are this <..............................................................> big to EVGA. 

Does that fit your thought process?

With that logic US customers are also <.> big to EVGA in comparison to Amazon etc but US Step Up is moving.  Flawed logic.
MattyKHZ
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 09:21:50 (permalink)
Quite frankly it does not matter where a company is based.  EVGA serves all markets and offer the same service ie warranty and step up in those markets.

If they offered a better warranty to US than rest of world on exactly the same product their would be uproar.

In the same way if they furnish US Step Up before rest of the world, same uproar.

There is no excuse for what they are doing.  Had EU release of RTX30 series cards been behind US, then fine, but they were same day.

Communication and Transparency is all people ask.

Say US gets 75% Total Stock Allocation and rest of world 25%, I would expect a certain percentage, say as an example 1% of that allocation to go to the Step Up programme.  If US has been allocated their 1% and that means the trickle through to Step Up that is great.  EU has not received their 1% and there is no clarification as to why, or when.  Currently EU allocation for Step Up is 0% FACT Regardless of what the actual % allocation awarded to the US is.

Is it fair US get’s theirs and EU does not?

post edited by MattyKHZ - 2020/10/30 09:23:56
rain2_usa
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 523
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 09:33:07 (permalink)
Guys guys, EU seems to be getting the shortest straw pulled, no doubt but blame Nvidia for all of this.  EVGA is serving the US customers are best as they can since it is their base customer.  The extremely low yields from Nvidia is probably forcing EVGA's hand to serve mostly US.  Just look at the first month with 90% of cards made were only the FTW3 Ultra's.  If the yields were much higher, you could bet all the models would be plentiful and Europe would get a sizeable stock.  That's just not the reality right now.  
There is some hope though for EU.  With the Notification Queue system implemented in the EU EVGA site, this should be a sign that things are finally moving along with European customers and thus the Step-Ups to start moving soon. 

Core i7 6700k
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
2x8GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z 3200Mhz
EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
Corsair AIO? with 3D Printed spacer
Mushkin 240GB SSD
1TB NVMe 
1TB Seagate SSHD
LG Black BD-Drive UH12NS30
Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold
Silverstone Grandia GD09B HTPC Case
Doumi111
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 09:40:19 (permalink)
Well, I'm on EU step up boat too, and I was looking up the NA step up thread. It is moving, but they are still on hour 1 of september 17th. Despite a couple of step up, seems like EU step up only opened on September 19th. I'm assuming queues are mixed (or I'd rather say there is only 1 queue worldwide), so my guess would be that appart for the two in EU who had their step up recorded on 17th (I did not bother to compare PST to EU times), it will still take quite a long time to see any move on this thread.
But again, that is just my guess.
MattyKHZ
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 09:46:53 (permalink)
Perhaps if you are not in the EU and not affected by this, a comment is not that useful.

If 90% of cards made were the FTW3 Ultra, that does not help when that is the card that the Step Up provides.  If that is the greatest produced card, that should surely be the greatest allocated, including step up.

These never ending circles of not blaming EVGA, blame Nvidia etc are now just boring.  Likewise I am sure all those not affected by this situation are bored about hearing of it.

I have posted a separate post elsewhere that I am sure people can comment on.

As stated I will not be posting any more as there seems little point.  Those affected have had their say and there has been zero response or resolution.  Those not affected seem to like posting Which does not address the problem At hand.

it’s only a graphics card, we may get one when no one in the US wants one any more or the 4080 is released, which ever comes sooner.

wish I had gone AMD or any other manufacturer than EVGA from this experience hence no longer caring about when my personal Step Up comes to fruition.
post edited by MattyKHZ - 2020/10/31 11:11:59
jess.scanlan86
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 11:50:49 (permalink)
Step up would never get the same precedent as retail due to the time it takes to process the actual card for step up.

Here's retail (online): <Consumer\purchase\Ship>

Here's Step-Up (from point of original purchase): <Consumer\Purchase\Ship\Step-Up\Return\Process\Ship>

Doumi111
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 12:47:38 (permalink)
MattyKHZ
Perhaps if you are not in the EU and not affected by this, a comment is not that useful.

If 90% of cards made were the FTW3 Ultra, that does not help when that is the card that the Step Up provides.  If that is the greatest produced card, that should surely be the greatest allocated, including step up.

These never ending circles of not blaming EVG, blame an India etc are now just boring.  Likewise I am sure all those not affected by this situation are bored about hearing of it.

I have posted a separate post elsewhere that I am sure people can comment on.

As stated I will not be posting any more as there seems little point.  Those affected have had their say and there has been zero response or resolution.  Those not affected seem to like posting Which does not address the problem At hand.

it’s only a graphics card, we may get one when no one in the US wants one any more or the 4080 is released, which ever comes sooner.

wish I had gone AMD or any other manufacturer than EVGA from this experience hence no longer caring about when my personal Step Up comes to fruition.

As I said I am affected and concerned by EU step up, I am in queue, but I registered late, on end of September, so I really do not expect any update on my step up process for some months.

I am not saying I am happy seeing no progress at all on EU step up, I really would like to get the 3080 as fast as possible. But I will tell you as I see it: I did order a 2080 Super just to get in line of step up for a 3080, and this card can make me wait, it is a decent upgrade from my 1080, and I am much more relaxed not tracking availabilities on cards anymore! I was hyped, as a lot of people, by the RTX 3000 series announcement, and I spent quite a few days checking for cards on a considerable amount of websites. I did order one on release day on Amazon, which was a few days later canceled by them.

This was too much for me, the scalpers, having to use bots to check availability, prices going up... The step up was, and still is, a relief!

What I did consider, though, was that this process was not meant to order a 3080, but to give an opportunity to customers who bought a end-gen product to upgrade it at a reasonable price (ie postage costs). It was still possible for people like me to use it as some kind of a back order solution on a product that is hard to get. And a lot of people did that!

If you ask me what I would prefer between my situation is now, be in a queue for a 3080 (and a FTW3 Ultra, which seems to be one of the best card from reviewers) and enjoy gaming last titles with a 2080 Super, or spend hours everyday checking availabilities, considering paying much more than what it should cost on ordering a card there and there, got no time frames on when my order would be fulfilled, if not canceled... Well, I will keep my step up anytime!

I will start worrying about the process not being addressed as it should be whenever 3080's flood the market, with stock everywhere. We are still on the point where when a bunch of cards get on sale, anywhere and whatever the price is, it is sold out in less than a minute.

But again, all this is just my opinion and no-one has to share it! :)

BTW I'm French, my English might be bad, sorry!
jess.scanlan86
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 12:53:13 (permalink)
Doumi111

As I said I am affected and concerned by EU step up, I am in queue, but I registered late, on end of September, so I really do not expect any update on my step up process for some months.

I am not saying I am happy seeing no progress at all on EU step up, I really would like to get the 3080 as fast as possible. But I will tell you as I see it: I did order a 2080 Super just to get in line of step up for a 3080, and this card can make me wait, it is a decent upgrade from my 1080, and I am much more relaxed not tracking availabilities on cards anymore! I was hyped, as a lot of people, by the RTX 3000 series announcement, and I spent quite a few days checking for cards on a considerable amount of websites. I did order one on release day on Amazon, which was a few days later canceled by them.

This was too much for me, the scalpers, having to use bots to check availability, prices going up... The step up was, and still is, a relief!

What I did consider, though, was that this process was not meant to order a 3080, but to give an opportunity to customers who bought a end-gen product to upgrade it at a reasonable price (ie postage costs). It was still possible for people like me to use it as some kind of a back order solution on a product that is hard to get. And a lot of people did that!

If you ask me what I would prefer between my situation is now, be in a queue for a 3080 (and a FTW3 Ultra, which seems to be one of the best card from reviewers) and enjoy gaming last titles with a 2080 Super, or spend hours everyday checking availabilities, considering paying much more than what it should cost on ordering a card there and there, got no time frames on when my order would be fulfilled, if not canceled... Well, I will keep my step up anytime!

I will start worrying about the process not being addressed as it should be whenever 3080's flood the market, with stock everywhere. We are still on the point where when a bunch of cards get on sale, anywhere and whatever the price is, it is sold out in less than a minute.

But again, all this is just my opinion and no-one has to share it! :)

BTW I'm French, my English might be bad, sorry!

This is my view exactly. 

MilanB98
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/10/30 16:57:35 (permalink)
awes0mme
Yep its beyond a joke now. Honestly, we can all keep moaning about it or we can take action.

stephen_burke@gamersnexus.net

Subject line: Can you investigate EVGA EU step up?

Hi Steve,

Can you possibly use you’re contacts in senior management at EVGA to find our why EU customers in the step up programme are effectively being discriminated against compared to their US counter parts.

EU is regularly getting stock now from EVGA (as can be proven thanks to bots) yet the EU customers who purchased EVGA cards due to the step-up programme continue to get no answers or updates whilst the US queue is moving.

Its verging on mis-selling and misleading at this point. EVGA jacob did tell us that stock was coming “next week” nearly 3 weeks ago.

Since then its radio silence. On behalf of all EU customers I hope you can get some answers for us.

————————

Everyone send the above to the email address. I am sure we will very quickly get some answers if Steve picks it up!

Yeah the silence is horrible, sending this email. A good idea and i hope Gamers Nexus adresses this.
dazzysima
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/01 03:55:31 (permalink)
5/10/2020 16:29
joey_uk
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/01 08:46:29 (permalink)
Well glad I left the step up. Started looking for a 3080 and managed to get a palit which was delivered Monday. Decent card but even that’s going back as on Wednesday I managed to get a fe card in the latest uk drop. Very happy to have finally got the card i originally wanted from the start. Good luck to everyone in the queue.
ManxWraith
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/01 08:49:22 (permalink)
Congrats. Had to send my FE back to scan due to a dodgy fan :( so now I’m waiting for them to test and then return when they get another drop.
zogge
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/01 09:52:02 (permalink)
I sent a mail to Steve also just now. Asked him to bring up the 3090 bios issues as well if he can.
Keyofdestiny
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/03 11:57:33 (permalink)
seems like eu step up has been moving

Attached Image(s)

Vwotske
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/03 11:58:51 (permalink)
Where do you see that?
Keyofdestiny
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/03 12:00:27 (permalink)
In the image i posted (you should be able to see it?). anyway its a tweet of me asking jacob on twitter asking about eu 3080 step up and he replied: "Yes some have been released and some more this week."
kwdtje
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2020/11/03 12:16:30 (permalink)
Keyofdestiny
In the image i posted (you should be able to see it?). anyway its a tweet of me asking jacob on twitter asking about eu 3080 step up and he replied: "Yes some have been released and some more this week."

Image is not working but saw the replay, hopefully this train is going to move!
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 58
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile