EVGA

Helpful ReplyUnofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 58
Author
DataNode
  • Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/01 07:33:31 (permalink)
Savarok-
It was about 20:05 or there abouts Adam.

Correct it was 20:05 I received confirmation of step1

I have now got to step 4, I am actually not sure what to do based on all this. It’s a joke but I am already in the process 😂
MattyKHZ
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/01 07:36:57 (permalink)
For anyone interested.

step 3 email received quoting card cost of 851.99 inc shipping minus 712.11 from my 2070 super xc ultra. 

given a link to pay difference by PayPal but all fields are pre filled and it does not look like normal PayPal.

Says if I have used a card in PayPal before to click a link and it finds a really old card but not the 2 I currently have in that paypal account.

allows me to manually add card but when I do with a uk MasterCard it states the following message
You can pay with and Union Pay. Other cards will be supported soon.

so payment is not possible !

post edited by MattyKHZ - 2021/04/01 09:59:09
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/01 11:28:29 (permalink)
Damn, am I the first post brexit UK step up, I literally am horrified with everything I have read. Just tried to call EVGA, but they are closed for Easter now.

Goods are worth more than £270 so CN23 declaration, but that monetary value seem moot as it is a return. I am not selling it. So far I think I would have a cn23 put some value, either what it’s worth second hand or what I paid for it then tick the returns box and hope it doesn’t attract customs because it’s a return going to the company that manufacturer the product.

Then what to expect on the other way round and what if they loose it damage it, if you insure it as a return they might not understand step up and it will attract attention.

Does anyone have any better ideas than these. They recommend DHL or UPS, but we generally only have RoyalMail in this small town, during C19 times.
post edited by DataNode - 2021/04/01 11:37:07
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/01 12:40:32 (permalink)
Contacted support evga over email to understand what to expect. As I have Easter break now delaying when I can send the card :-(
nick_shl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1073
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/01 13:43:21 (permalink)
Looks like easier to take a trip to France and to send card within EU 

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/01 14:31:49 (permalink)
nick_shl
Looks like easier to take a trip to France and to send card within EU 

I don’t disagree
Audioboxer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/02 03:39:45 (permalink)
DataNode
Damn, am I the first post brexit UK step up, I literally am horrified with everything I have read. Just tried to call EVGA, but they are closed for Easter now.

Goods are worth more than £270 so CN23 declaration, but that monetary value seem moot as it is a return. I am not selling it. So far I think I would have a cn23 put some value, either what it’s worth second hand or what I paid for it then tick the returns box and hope it doesn’t attract customs because it’s a return going to the company that manufacturer the product.

Then what to expect on the other way round and what if they loose it damage it, if you insure it as a return they might not understand step up and it will attract attention.

Does anyone have any better ideas than these. They recommend DHL or UPS, but we generally only have RoyalMail in this small town, during C19 times.

Good luck mate, sounds like a total nightmare.

As someone else joked it would probably be easier to hop on a flight and hand deliver it.

This whole thing is a mess if we're getting stung on customs/import charges for what is essentially an RMA for many of us (what we're sending in either covers costs completely, or there abouts).

UPS is what Amazon used for my return and it's been stuck in a UPS depot for weeks awaiting warehouse clearance in Slovakia.
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/02 05:03:49 (permalink)
Audioboxer

As someone else joked it would probably be easier to hop on a flight and hand deliver it.

This whole thing is a mess if we're getting stung on customs/import charges for what is essentially an RMA for many of us (what we're sending in either covers costs completely, or there abouts).

UPS is what Amazon used for my return and it's been stuck in a UPS depot for weeks awaiting warehouse clearance in Slovakia.

I have searched the forum for advice, it’s lacking FAQs don’t suggest an optimal way to send it with regards to the changes.

People seem furious with RMAs coming back. Which sounds crazy, the CN23 says return, the card is going to the manufacturer, why should they be contested? Logic: card made by manufacturer, marked as return delivered to RMA address from private individual to manufacturer? I mean sure, look at it confirm it’s an EVGA card going to EVGA as RMA, but that’s where it should stop.

Surely EVGA themselves would see what gets through, how they were labelled who sent them. If they just explained what made it through customs we can infer the things that are incorrectly attracting issues.

I am leaning towards DHL, airfreight standard, collected from home, as I have limited options it seems.

It’s not cheap, but I just forked out another load of money to EVGA hoping there would be less issue on this as an RMA, I only thought the other way round might potentially attract attention.

Have EVGA made any comment on what might work best that I haven’t seen?

For the benefit of others I will feedback what I do at least and if it did or didn’t work.
Audioboxer
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 190
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/02 05:07:50 (permalink)
DataNode
Audioboxer

I have searched the forum for advice, it’s lacking FAQs don’t suggest an optimal way to send it with regards to the changes.

People seem furious with RMAs coming back. Which sounds crazy, the CN23 says return, the card is going to the manufacturer, why should they be contested? Logic: card made by manufacturer, marked as return delivered to RMA address from private individual to manufacturer? I mean sure, look at it confirm it’s an EVGA card going to EVGA as RMA, but that’s where it should stop.

Surely EVGA themselves would see what gets through, how they were labelled who sent them. If they just explained what made it through customs we can infer the things that are incorrectly attracting issues.

I am leaning towards DHL, airfreight standard, collected from home, as I have limited options it seems.

It’s not cheap, but I just forked out another load of money to EVGA hoping there would be less issue on this as an RMA, I only thought the other way round might potentially attract attention.

Have EVGA made any comment on what might work best that I haven’t seen?

For the benefit of others I will feedback what I do at least and if it did or didn’t work.

To be fair on EVGA they probably don't really know how to handle the Brexit disruptions properly either.

To put a tinfoil hat on, given the 30xx series STILL in short supply, folks giving up on the step up program in the UK due to costs means more cards to sell at RRP rather than being traded.

There does come a point where the cost proposal to send a card back for an RMA will turn people off, irrespective of the Nvidia shortages. Those won't be around forever, although we are almost halfway through 2021 and its still scalpers paradise on GFX cards.

But browsing the forums it seems people who are just sending something in for RMA cause its broken are getting bodied as well, which is completely unacceptable in terms of warranty. Step up has the slight difference of being a trade, though I personally think it's still unacceptable if we're getting hit with customs as if a new card is being purchased.
post edited by Audioboxer - 2021/04/02 05:09:55
nick_shl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1073
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/02 06:50:25 (permalink)
AudioboxerTo be fair on EVGA they probably don't really know how to handle the Brexit disruptions properly either.
Everyone know how to handle this! Just open warehouse in GB. EVGA probably not willing to.
Probably it is good opportunity to business... to become EVGA partner to handle sales and RMAs on GB territory.

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/02 09:25:37 (permalink)
The thing is, with the current situation. They actually could do something to help customers.

They are in receipt of cards daily. I would hazard a guess due to RMAs some of those will be from the UK. They could publish and detail about the cards they receive, how they were declared etc to increase chances of getting them.

Of course there is a level of entropy added by the human element and random checks. But I am surprised if there hasn’t been a pattern to what arrives. This is all I can hope for, they start to advise people what seems to work more often than not.

I don’t have that information in front of me and it is confusing, so this would be a helpful start.

I don’t see the other situations helping in the short term.
Keyofdestiny
  • Total Posts : 22
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/03 06:00:10 (permalink)
No step 2 mail for me yet
Bandit_King
  • Total Posts : 4
Flagged as Spam (3)
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/04 06:29:14 (permalink)
Mine still in QUEUE since september 2020 f+++ EVGA!!!

How hard it is it to make a damn video card?
Bandit_King
Flagged as Spam (3)
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/04 06:46:43 (permalink)
Also im in the USA!! MURRRICA!
Savarok-
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 119
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/04 13:00:33 (permalink)
Bandit king we actually couldnt care less as this is the Europe queue.
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/06 05:33:01 (permalink)
Ok, so as the bank holiday is over, I just called DHL, the have told me as a non account holder (business) there is no way to do a DDP (delivery duties paid)

So I am actually stuck, I am on the phone to customer services to get an understanding from EVGA, but I am starting to feel this isn’t going to work.

EVGA Europe warranty line, they tried their best to help. But did admit some issues, they have received parcelforce correctly declared... so not sure who to send with, they even said DHL with DDP.

So trying with all the couriers to be sure I can do DDP before entertaining it. Seems such a shame :-(
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/06 10:05:49 (permalink)
Parcelforce: impossible to do it, as stated on phone, they said you could declare the value under £37.50, but if it is lost you will not get anything. Seemed weird, I said it was a return.

DHL: suggested I speak with EVGA to ask if they would accept duties and for me to pay them back. As it was also not possible.

FedEx: said it wasn’t possible, but it shouldn’t attract customs as a return so to clearly label it like that

UPS: phone call 1, said I could do DDP. However, on inspection, I could only charge it to a business account. I called them back and they said it was possible after creating the shipment, but again, didn’t seem to understand (although clearly stated) I wasn’t a business customer.

EVGA: Are receiving some back, but I couldn’t understand a pattern :-( they said ParcelForce but if you look in the warranty section, it isn’t good.

I actually don’t care if it costs me a bit more, but I have no way, unless I can find a friend with UPS business account or set one up for my old business?

I think the real issue is hit or miss and no one who has had no issues actually seems to say what they did, as you’d expect from forums, they attract the when it’s gone wrong or I need help :-(

EVGA did say they would honour more time as things are difficult right now. I have spent most of today calling as many companies to be pretty much none the wiser based on the reading materials I had seen.

I guess this isn’t much a problem for many people yet :-(

I am now at a point where I either UPS it as a clear return, Declare it as zero value and cross a few things or give up.

I really hope others figure something out soon.
post edited by DataNode - 2021/04/06 10:10:19
Savarok-
Superclocked Member
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/07 05:45:28 (permalink)
Man, that is brutal.

Thanks for posting with all your hard work in such detail for us all to see.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/07 06:21:17 (permalink)
It’s ok, I will do what I can, I am a bit sad about the situation and feel it’s going to be hard. I suspect there is a way to do this, but I am not a logistics expert. Amusingly, most logistics companies express themselves as well trained in Customs and Imports relating to brexit. Reality is, things are not fully understood.

I have got my external packaging today, so that I can safely box and weigh the item to be in a position to go through paper work properly today. I am going to wave goodbye to having my working computer and VR 😭

I mean, the upgrade will make it run properly if this works out!

I am reluctant to pollute this thread too much information regarding the decision making processes. So I will next post what I settled with, reasons why and the status regarding customs.

EVGA were emailed, but I haven’t had responses, I feel they probably don’t want to give an answer in writing, which I can understand. I don’t like it much 😂 if however people do want to be involved in the decisions and reasoning, I can make a new thread for UK customers, the person that springs to mind is you @savarok
Savarok-
Superclocked Member
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/07 09:06:20 (permalink)
I am very interested in the happenings of your RMA.  If you do choose to make a new thread feel free to link it in here.  Any information is useful.

Thank you.
rookoo
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/07 11:03:30 (permalink)
I'd be interested in an update on what happens as well, I'm doing the process from the UK but didn't start the step up til October, so I'd wager I've got some waiting to do yet.
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/07 12:30:29 (permalink)
Savarok-
Superclocked Member
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/07 14:43:24 (permalink)
Good Luck!

We all appreciate the massive work you are putting into this.
DataNode
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/09 15:31:46 (permalink)
Step up arrived at EVGA! Very happy with that at least.
schumi1986
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/10 02:42:25 (permalink)
DataNode

Mine arrived last wednesday at EVGA. unfortunately the new card Isn’t shipped yet.
dazzysima
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/10 05:11:16 (permalink)
Appreciate the updates.

I’m in the UK too but by date was 5/10 so quite a way to go I reckon. Interested to see any customs charges beyond what has already been paid.
FREDERIKSBRUGERNAVN
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/12 13:13:03 (permalink)
Step 1 at 1. december 17:14 if you wanna keep adding. thanks for the thread. 
Adam1V
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/12 13:28:31 (permalink)
FREDERIKSBRUGERNAVN
Step 1 at 1. december 17:14 if you wanna keep adding. thanks for the thread. 

I’m still waiting from 19th September. Your better off holding out for 4000 series :D
EK3Ferio
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 125
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/12 16:32:29 (permalink)
schumi1986
DataNode

Mine arrived last wednesday at EVGA. unfortunately the new card Isn’t shipped yet.

Finally some movement near home! And you're in before the price increase congrats! 

ITX: ROG Strix Z490-i, 10600K @ 5.1GHz all core, 2x16Gb Vengeance Pro 3200 C16 @ 4000Mhz C17, EVGA 3060 XC, Fractal Ion SFX-L 650G, 1TB SN550 M.2 NVMe SSD, Lian Li TU150 
ATX: ROG Strix Z490-E, 10850K @ 5.1GHz all core, 4x8Gb Crucial Ballistix Max 4000 C18 @ 4133Mhz C16, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Prime PX-1000, 1TB 980 M.2 NVMe + 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, O11D PCMR edition
schumi1986
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Unofficial 3080 Step Up Queue Thread - EUROPE 2021/04/14 11:15:25 (permalink)
EK3Ferio
schumi1986
DataNode

Finally some movement near home! And you're in before the price increase congrats! 

Jep :)

Old card is now 7 days at EVGA and new card isn't shipped out yet :( last 2 times i used the stepup only 10 days between step 2 and sending out the new card. this time it's taking almost a month

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 58
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile