EVGA

Helpful ReplyUnable to pay advanced RMA collateral via PayPal link

Author
lmfischer
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/02/27 09:45:47 (permalink)
I've been approved for an advanced RMA on a PSU, and I've been sent a link. However, upon clicking the PayPal checkout button (only option available) I am taken to an "Add a new card to your account" page (see attached picture). This page states that I cannot pay with my 2 existing cards linked to my PayPal account, which I have used previously for other payments without issue. There is no option to choose my bank account (which is also linked to PayPal) or to use my PayPal wallet (which has funds). I can change billing address. EVGA support says they do not accept payments via PayPal using credit cards in Europe. Am I missing something or is this as broken as it seems?

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30972
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Unable to pay advanced RMA collateral via PayPal link 2020/02/27 09:48:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby lmfischer 2020/02/28 09:39:48

Welcome to the EVGA Forums

Looks like your in the EU ?

EVGA does not accept the use of international- and prepaid credit cards linked to Paypal.

https://eu.evga.com/support/ear/

(excerpt)

EVGA Europe will accept collateral (i.e. a deposit) only via PayPal.

Now looking at this link - there are much more details:  https://eu.evga.com/legal/store/

(excerpt - Underline added by Cool GTX for clarity)

4. Payment and Address Verification

EVGA does not accept the use of international- and prepaid credit cards linked to Paypal.
EVGA recommends avoiding the use of prepaid credit cards and gift cards when placing an order at EVGA.com. It is possible that your order may be cancelled and refunded if it is not able to be verified by our order verification team.
If your shipping address does not match your credit card or other billing address EVGA reserves the right to verify the order and EVGA’s standard shipping and order process times may not apply.

5. Payment methods

EVGA EU only accepts payments through PayPal.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lmfischer
Re: Unable to pay advanced RMA collateral via PayPal link 2020/02/28 09:42:04 (permalink)
Thanks Cool GTX. I am indeed in the EU with EU credit cards. I understand that I am not able to pay with these now, but the link provided by the EVGA RMA site does not allow me to choose another method, only "Add card", of which I only have EU cards. So I am unable to pay. Are there no alternatives?
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30972
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Unable to pay advanced RMA collateral via PayPal link 2020/02/28 12:47:26 (permalink)
Customer Service - might be able to Help

If you Log onto your PP account (outside of EVGA site) --> First, then log into EVGA in a separate Tab or Window

Next - do the steps to Get to the payment part on EVGA site

Now refresh your PP page ... do you see the payment request from EVGA ?

Any other options appear - In the PP site - like from your bank account ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

lmfischer
Re: Unable to pay advanced RMA collateral via PayPal link 2020/02/29 11:37:19 (permalink)
I've fixed it. First, only the PayPal wallet will work, and it has to be set as the preferred payment method. Bank account will not work. Second, there has to be more than the required payment amount in the wallet, or the PayPal site will not recognize it at all, it will just continuously ask for another credit card. This was a simple fix, but could have been more clear in the RMA payment instructions. And I don't understand why EU cards are not accepted. I've never had a problem with this before.
philliprapp
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Unable to pay advanced RMA collateral via PayPal link 2020/12/31 10:31:42 (permalink)
Man am I glad I came across your post. Same thing is happening to me. So when I have the amount in the wallet, that will show up on the add account or add credit card screen I keep getting? I keep trying to use my IBAN but it isn't taking it. It's also linked to my paypal account. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile