EVGA

Ubisoft Removes Assassin's Creed III From Uplay and Steam in Favor of AC3 Remaster

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/04/04 22:28:53 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/254349/ubisoft-removes-assassins-creed-iii-from-uplay-and-steam-in-favor-of-ac3-remaster

News of Assassin's Creed III getting a remaster was met with lukewarm reception from the get go, primarily because the original game does not rank high in the preference of games in the series for most people. The remaster itself also seemed to be more a color palette sweep-over than many suspected, with a faux-HDR effect at times that has had mixed reviews in the few short days since it has been made available. Many on Steam have also took to the review section to complain about bugs and launch issues, as well as the $39.99 pricing (although it is included for free with the season pass for Assassins Creed Odyssey at the same price point).

Ubisoft has since de-listed the original game from Uplay, and had the same done on Steam too as the original store page says.

I assume Ubisoft wants to eliminate confusion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Ubisoft Removes Assassin's Creed III From Uplay and Steam in Favor of AC3 Remaster 2019/04/05 00:31:09 (permalink)
    I guess it makes sense to delist it since it’s the version to get. Of course the price will go down with time to what you could pick up the old version for. I do hope that people who already owned it get a free upgrade though to the remasterd version or at least get an option to download the original.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Ubisoft Removes Assassin's Creed III From Uplay and Steam in Favor of AC3 Remaster 2019/04/05 05:45:57 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    . I do hope that people who already owned it get a free upgrade though to the remastered version or at least get an option to download the original.

NOPE.  I checked.  All previous owners do NOT get a free upgrade.  That is what pissed so many people off. 
     Charging full price to the people who already supported the company by buying it the 1st go-around...

They need to make a good PR decision & announce a change of heart to their loyal fans and offer it free to current owners of the original.

But also, it is still mind boggling to believe they even did this remaster for what was possibly the worst main character ever received in reviews in an Creed game.... the voice acting & dialog / story for your guy was mostly junk.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Ubisoft Removes Assassin's Creed III From Uplay and Steam in Favor of AC3 Remaster 2019/04/05 06:24:50 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    Hoggle
    . I do hope that people who already owned it get a free upgrade though to the remastered version or at least get an option to download the original.

NOPE.  I checked.  All previous owners do NOT get a free upgrade.  That is what pissed so many people off. 
     Charging full price to the people who already supported the company by buying it the 1st go-around...

They need to make a good PR decision & announce a change of heart to their loyal fans and offer it free to current owners of the original.

But also, it is still mind boggling to believe they even did this remaster for what was possibly the worst main character ever received in reviews in an Creed game.... the voice acting & dialog / story for your guy was mostly junk.

Checked mine as well...no dice!  Still have the non remastered in my library.   Good luck to them selling the remaster at full price 

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  ;  Lian Li Lancool III;  EVGA Z15; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

biscuit1
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1470
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Ubisoft Removes Assassin's Creed III From Uplay and Steam in Favor of AC3 Remaster 2019/04/09 12:45:36 (permalink)
    I swore when I looked last night it said remastered in my library , but alas it isn't …..oh well , I got it for free anyways & haven't played it yet . Or 1 , 2 or 4 …..

WHAT THE WIFE DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT YOU!
    Main rig - i7 7820X  , Corsair H110 cpu cooler , 32 gb Team G memory , Evga X299 Micro ATX 2  mobo , Corsair 850 psu , 2 evga 1080ti in SLI , Win 10 Pro 64 bit ,  43" TCL HDR 4K TV as monitor, Coolermaster HAF 32 case.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile