rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/05/20 00:16:35 (permalink)
https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-loses-access-to-google-android-987873/
https://www.androidauthority.com/intel-qualcomm-huawei-988011/

The United States tech industry has dealt a potentially fatal blow to Chinese electronics giant Huawei, by boycotting the company. Google has announced that it will no longer allow Huawei to license Android, and will stop updates and Google Play access to Huawei smartphones. Intel decided to no longer supply processors and other hardware to Huawei, for use in its laptops and data-center products. Qualcomm-Broadcom have decided to stop supply of mobile SoCs and network PHYs, respectively. Microsoft decided to stop licensing Huawei to use Windows and Office products. The sack doesn't stop with U.S., with other Asian manufacturers such as Infineon and STMicroelectronics reviewing their business ties with Huawei. The ban is a consequence of the U.S. Government placing Huawei on an list of banned entities, forcing all U.S. companies to abandon all trade with, unless exempted by the Department of Commerce.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

9 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/20 00:21:01 (permalink)
    It's a major blow to the company and also the economy of china since it's a major company with I am sure a lot of investors who will be hurt by this action.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/20 02:50:07 (permalink)
    Glorious news!  That should teach the commies a thing or two or not. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    MasterMiner
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 713
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/20 18:48:07 (permalink)
    Come this time next year - few people on these boards will be able to afford mid-range tech. High-end tech will be limited to the ultra-wealthy.

If everything were to be forced to be domestically produced no one here would be able to afford a laptop.

Be careful what you wish for. Inflation is a real thing. I’ve lived through the 70’s and 80’s.

I used to mine. Now I compute.
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6746
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/20 21:23:34 (permalink)
    400 Million people in united states - 10 Billion outside

really -between india and china there is about 4-5Billion 
    and other countries are not banning entirely

so losing 10% of the market is not a big deal
    US  on the other hand can't afford to lose 3billion or more customers

This is what happens when you have trade wars

as for the US saying China phones aren't secure - well neither are US phones
    same hardware and software - so anyone could hack into/have backdoors
    or like CIA Does - SPY ON EVERYONE - like Snowden would say - collect every phone call  and text

You ask me THE UN should BAN US phones till they quit spying on everyone

pointing out trade wars hurt
    Huawei Ban Causes Large Tech Sector Sell-off As Global Concerns Mount

U.S. tech stocks plummet on news of Google ban

https://wccftech.com/google-huawei-ban-causes-large-tech-sector-sell-off/

Yet there’s some major differences between ZTE and Huawei. First, Huawei is simply much larger for one, and it can probably survive a U.S. ban, or at least weather a ban for some years. The Chinese company doesn’t really do a lot of sales in the States, and it’s completely safe in its home market of China, and away from the reach of the U.S. in other markets like Europe. Second, Huawei hasn’t really been caught doing anything contrary to U.S. policy or international agreements. While ZTE and Chinese leadership knew they were in trouble with ZTE selling to Iran, in this instance, unless evidence surfaces, the ban is based on fears only – it seems arbitrary and fueled by financial/political reasons. Lastly, Huawei is a major infrastructure provider. Countries that have been timid about using Huawei for 5G deployment have been forced to get over their concerns as there isn’t really a cost effective alternative out there just yet. ZTE didn’t have near that amount of leverage in terms of key technologies.
    post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2019/05/20 21:37:13

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/21 13:52:37 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious
    400 Million people in united states - 10 Billion outside

really -between india and china there is about 4-5Billion 
    and other countries are not banning entirely

so losing 10% of the market is not a big deal
    US  on the other hand can't afford to lose 3billion or more customers

This is what happens when you have trade wars

as for the US saying China phones aren't secure - well neither are US phones
    same hardware and software - so anyone could hack into/have backdoors
    or like CIA Does - SPY ON EVERYONE - like Snowden would say - collect every phone call  and text

You ask me THE UN should BAN US phones till they quit spying on everyone

pointing out trade wars hurt
    Huawei Ban Causes Large Tech Sector Sell-off As Global Concerns Mount

U.S. tech stocks plummet on news of Google ban

https://wccftech.com/google-huawei-ban-causes-large-tech-sector-sell-off/

Yet there’s some major differences between ZTE and Huawei. First, Huawei is simply much larger for one, and it can probably survive a U.S. ban, or at least weather a ban for some years. The Chinese company doesn’t really do a lot of sales in the States, and it’s completely safe in its home market of China, and away from the reach of the U.S. in other markets like Europe. Second, Huawei hasn’t really been caught doing anything contrary to U.S. policy or international agreements. While ZTE and Chinese leadership knew they were in trouble with ZTE selling to Iran, in this instance, unless evidence surfaces, the ban is based on fears only – it seems arbitrary and fueled by financial/political reasons. Lastly, Huawei is a major infrastructure provider. Countries that have been timid about using Huawei for 5G deployment have been forced to get over their concerns as there isn’t really a cost effective alternative out there just yet. ZTE didn’t have near that amount of leverage in terms of key technologies.

Calm down Canadian.  Us Americans are willing to sacrifice a few things for the better of our National Security.  We'll take it from here, thanks!

1.  Lots of these massive Chinese companies are funded with massive blank checks by the communist gov. and in return they do favors for them and are apart of the China 2025/2030+ global dominance initiative.  That's not playing fair in the open market capitalist system.  That creates a artificial advantage for them and a ridiculous disadvantage to the rest of the competitors, US companies being one of them.  Why should they be allowed to play ball with the rest?  They should have never been allowed to join the WTO but my guess, the WTO is run by a bunch of globalist mishaps. 

2.  They steal IPs to help push that dominance agenda and become #1.  Stealing wealth from many companies and countries.  That's counterproductive where the US protects people's/companies IPs via patents.  That's why you see some foreigners who would love to move to the US to get those protections and know their hard work will pay off nicely.

3.  Why should we use Chinese designed/produced products with the risk of taking over the market and throwing our massive companies under the bus when it hasn't been playing fair the whole time and our consumer and nation's security put at risk?  Yes, I know most of the US companies produce their goods overseas but are designed and tested in the states to make sure nothing funky goes on.  Sure you can't catch everything but better than a full blown company backed by the commies and the end of the day.

4.  While I disagree with intel spying on it's own citizen's, I wouldn't make an excuse for the Chinese to do so too. lol 

5. "US spy chiefs used classified info to warn tech execs about doing business with China" - Source

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    MasterMiner
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 713
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/21 17:13:53 (permalink)
    Does America not have a global domination initiative? I mean seriously... who are we kidding?

The only people who lose from Chinese tech “global domination” are our overlords in Washington who extract rent from the rest of the world.

If you provide a productive good or service it makes no difference which group of monkeys “run the world”... ours or theirs... you’ll do fine.

I used to mine. Now I compute.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/22 05:24:18 (permalink)
    MasterMiner
    Does America not have a global domination initiative? I mean seriously... who are we kidding?

The only people who lose from Chinese tech “global domination” are our overlords in Washington who extract rent from the rest of the world.

If you provide a productive good or service it makes no difference which group of monkeys “run the world”... ours or theirs... you’ll do fine.

If you play fairly, develop and provide a product that competes fairly, then sure. That is not the situation at present. The sitting govt is trying to rectify that. It's long overdue.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/22 05:33:15 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    Glorious news!  That should teach the commies a thing or two or not. 

The west spies on them, they spy on the west. The difference here is they got caught.

I'll bet people here still think JFK outmaneuvered Khrushchev when in fact it was the other way around.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: U.S. Tech Industry Casts Out Huawei In Total 2019/05/23 20:52:48 (permalink)
    Nereus
    MasterMiner

If you play fairly, develop and provide a product that competes fairly, then sure. That is not the situation at present. The sitting govt is trying to rectify that. It's long overdue.

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile