EVGA

UK RMA address for Graphics cards?

Author
krs360
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/04 11:08:29 (permalink)
Looks like you have to send defective items back on your own dime. The CS rep on the phone gave me the wrong ticket number so I was unable to fully raise my RMA and as a result I don't have the address details. I'm hoping to book a collection for the card for tomorrow but I need to do it within the next 3 hours.

Also, does anyone know a reasonable courier to send the cards through? Just checking parcelforce, £80 to ship the card for the full insured value....

Is the RMA address listed on their site somewhere? The only one I can find is in Germany.
post edited by krs360 - 2021/01/04 11:10:46

12 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/04 11:47:52 (permalink)
    I do not believe that they have a UK RMA address any more.  At least that is what I read the last time someone asked this same question.  Maybe it had something to do with Brexit?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

krs360
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/04 11:51:44 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    I do not believe that they have a UK RMA address any more.  At least that is what I read the last time someone asked this same question.  Maybe it had something to do with Brexit?

I really hope they do or it's going to have to just go back to the retailer for a refund. The cheapest I could find was Royal Mail at £30 to ship to the propellerhead address I found in another post. DPD/Parcelforce all wanted around £80 to cover the cost of the card fully insured. Can only imagine this price doubling, or more if it has to go to Germany, etc.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/04 12:19:50 (permalink)
    dang, Sorry to see you need to RMA your GPU

Yes per Terms customer pays to ship return

EVGA ships it back to you

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
    (excerpt)

Shipping to EVGA For Warranty

Moving to warranty section

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

krs360
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/04 14:36:00 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    dang, Sorry to see you need to RMA your GPU

Yes per Terms customer pays to ship return

EVGA ships it back to you

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
    (excerpt)

Shipping to EVGA For Warranty

Moving to warranty section

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

First time I think I've ever been asked to pay for return shipping on a defective product. Usually only the case when the item is returned as unwanted.

Do you know if there's an EVGA address in the UK that I can send the item to or does it have to go back to Germany? I ask this because I'm still within my 30 day period and could just as easily return the card to the retailer and purchase somewhere else (assuming stock.)

I checked the costing on the UPS website and it looked to be something like £90 and that was before insurance of the shipment. It's too much to bear, especially as there's no assurance that it's not going to happen to the replacement card.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/04 14:48:16 (permalink)
    If it were me, I would return it to the retailer. I don't think that there is a UK return address any more. And, EVGA's EU support is slow and terrible, so I think you would have a much better experience with the retailer anyway.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

krs360
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/04 14:51:43 (permalink)
    I'll give EVGA a bell in the morning when they open to find out what the situation with the UK address is. This retailer has no stock of the item so I'd have to ask for a refund and order somewhere that does have stock. Not ideal but better than incurring crazy postage charges.

Not passing any judgement on support. Cards can go wrong, the same as anything else but if there isn't a UK address to RMA defective items too and it is indeed on your own dime it's asking a little too much especially for items of this value. Might be a little more open to the idea if the problem I'm facing wasn't so prevalent.

I think I received the card on the 10th of December so I have a few days to get it back to the retailer if necessary.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    krs360
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/05 04:18:34 (permalink)
    Just to update this for the sake of anyone else looking for this information in the future and are based in the UK. Spoke with CS this morning and they confirmed that the card is required to go back to Germany. Thankfully I was within 30 days so it can go back to the retailer for a refund and I can buy another 3090 elsewhere.

The retailer is arranging collection tomorrow via DPD (no cost to me) and even offered to send the card back to EVGA without cost.

Would be nice if EVGA had some kind of base in the UK or at least someone to handle RMA's because the shipping cost with insurance on these cards is insane:

DPD - £103.50
    Parcelforce - £60

From memory:
    Hermes: About £60 and it's Hermes so.. yeah. GL with that one.
    Royal Mail - £40-50 ish?
    Fedex - £100+ and I think that was without insurance.

My advice to anyone wanting an EVGA card in the UK is to encourage the retailer to send it back on your behalf.. yes It'll add a couple of days into the RMA process but it'll save you some money (if that's a consideration for you.)
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/08 04:24:49 (permalink)

krs360
    Just to update this for the sake of anyone else looking for this information in the future and are based in the UK. Spoke with CS this morning and they confirmed that the card is required to go back to Germany. Thankfully I was within 30 days so it can go back to the retailer for a refund and I can buy another 3090 elsewhere.

The retailer is arranging collection tomorrow via DPD (no cost to me) and even offered to send the card back to EVGA without cost.

Would be nice if EVGA had some kind of base in the UK or at least someone to handle RMA's because the shipping cost with insurance on these cards is insane:

DPD - £103.50
    Parcelforce - £60

From memory:
    Hermes: About £60 and it's Hermes so.. yeah. GL with that one.
    Royal Mail - £40-50 ish?
    Fedex - £100+ and I think that was without insurance.

My advice to anyone wanting an EVGA card in the UK is to encourage the retailer to send it back on your behalf.. yes It'll add a couple of days into the RMA process but it'll save you some money (if that's a consideration for you.)

Thanks for sharing the update

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/08 04:33:44 (permalink)
    Thanks for the update. The whole UK leaving the EU is going to make things harder for the consumer it seems.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Puddles.
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 117
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/08 05:50:32 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Thanks for the update. The whole UK leaving the EU is going to make things harder for the consumer it seems.

Maybe. UK Support has been on the downslope for a long while, so maybe it's time for our American cousins to take us under their wing. Might even improved things   If not, I'm sure a few of us on here could volunteer to set something up to help EVGA out in the UK. 
    post edited by Puddles. - 2021/01/08 05:52:58
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: UK RMA address for Graphics cards? 2021/01/08 08:44:12 (permalink)
    Puddles.
    Hoggle

Maybe. UK Support has been on the downslope for a long while, so maybe it's time for our American cousins to take us under their wing. Might even improved things   If not, I'm sure a few of us on here could volunteer to set something up to help EVGA out in the UK. 

We do try to answer as much as we can - however US Support is limited in what they can do but I encourage if you need support and our EU team is not available, to call our US Hotline and we would be happy to assist with as much as we can. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile