Torq X5 issues

Author
WackyWRZ
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 603
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2018/03/06 19:52:58 (permalink)
Hey all, looking for some help on my Torq X5 mouse.  Been using it for about 2 years now without issue and recently it's started to act strange.  Occasionally my mouse will not register small movements and if I pick it up and put it back down it will start working again.  This is a huge problem with gaming - especially in FPS and has caused me to stop using it.  Other times it will move very fast and jump around the screen.  The only way to fix this is to power cycle the computer or unplug/replug the mouse USB.  I've tried USB2 and 3 ports - they all act the same.  I've downloaded the TORQ software which installed a firmware update and tried a surface calibration which seems to have actually made it worse.  I've tried an el-cheapo dell mouse that comes standard with a PC and it works without issue.  I've also tried a Logitech wireless mouse and it works fine too.

This is the mouse pad that I'm using - and have used the entire time of having the mouse: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZHB2HS/ but it seems crazy to think that the mouse pad all of a sudden is causing this - especially since I've used it with the other mice no problem.

Is there something I'm missing or is the mouse just possibly going bad?

CASE: Anidees AI Crystal XL | MOBO: ASUS X470 Crosshair VII | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 2x8GB B-Die | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME 1TB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 | GPU: AMD RX5700 XT | MON: AOC CU34G2X 1440p/144hz 34" Ultrawide + Dell S2716DG 1440p/144Hz | Cooling: Full custom loop, Heatkiller D5 150, Aquacomputer D5 Next + Quadro, EK Supremacy Evo, EK Coolstream PE 480, Bykski 5700XT | HEAT: 20-0-0 - http://www.heatware.com/u/104452

1 Reply Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Torq X5 issues 2018/03/15 20:20:58 (permalink)
    Hello, 

If you need to power cycle your system in order to get the Torq X5 mouse to reigster movements properly, then at that point it is safe to say that you are experiencing a hardware issue with the mouse. Looks like a RMA has already been started on the mouse, please let us know if you have any other questions regarding your RMA status. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile