EVGA

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 Adds Star-Studded List of Pro Skaters to Remaster

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102260
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/06/23 22:52:54 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/268933/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-and-2-adds-star-studded-list-of-pro-skaters-to-remaster

The genre-defining Tony Hawk's Pro Skater franchise made its mark on videogames in the '90s touting the top names in skateboarding at the time. With the launch of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 on September 4, 2020, the legacy continues with some of the most preeminent pro skaters in the world today -- Nyjah Huston, Leo Baker, Leticia Bufoni, Aori Nishimura, Lizzie Armanto, Shane O'Neill, Riley Hawk and Tyshawn Jones -- joining the lineup of OGs in the remaster.

"Modern-day skateboarding originated from a generation of skaters who grew up playing the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games," said Michelle Bresaw, Vice President of Product Management and Marketing at Activision. "The world-class pro skaters we're adding to this remaster took the tricks and combos from the videogame and made them possible in real life. We're proud that the remaster will represent the skate culture landscape today with a diverse roster of skaters that will appeal to any gamer."

The base version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 will be available worldwide for the suggested retail price in the U.S. of $39.99. A digital deluxe version that includes unique content and in-game gear will be available for the suggested retail price of $49.99. For the ultimate fan, a collector's edition will be available for the suggested retail price of $99.99 in the U.S., complete with the digital deluxe content and a limited-run Birdhouse deck. Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2, including local suggested retail pricing, can be found at www.tonyhawkthegame.com.

An interesting remaster in my opinion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

_2100_
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 415
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2 Adds Star-Studded List of Pro Skaters to Remaster 2020/06/24 05:22:33 (permalink)
    A bigger roster is c always great.  I am a bit concerned with the soundtrack, which was so integral to these games.  I heard that some of the original songs may not make it into the game.  I would hope that they would replace them with others from that era rather than add newer music.

The Birdhouse Deck seems to be a decent value for the Collector's Edition, not sure you can buy a new deck from Birdhouse for $50.  Certainly will be higher quality that the FO76 canvas bags.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile