Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2017/08/18 12:00:26 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/236262/thermaltake-introduces-the-view-71-tempered-glass-edition-full-tower-chassis

A very nice full tower case with tempered glass side panels that swing open. Price and availability are unknown at this time.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

25 Replies Related Threads

caligrown1985
    • Total Posts : 38
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/18 12:09:05 (permalink)
    I will be a happy camper if the DG-7 case has similar radiator support as this.  If not, I may go with this in my new build.
    panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/18 12:43:33 (permalink)
    The other pictures: TOO MUCH RGB!!!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/18 13:14:47 (permalink)
    I am looking for a new case for my FTW3 Hybrids
     My Guesstimate ~ $200 USD
    Most Mid-Towers will not fit my 272mm E-ATX MB ---> Full tower with glass side have been nonexistent under $400 (In Win)
    http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003129

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

caligrown1985
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/18 15:09:03 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Most Mid-Towers will not fit my 272mm E-ATX MB ---> Full tower with glass side have been nonexistent under $400 (In Win)

I agree. I am planning a new build using an ASUS Maximus 9 Extreme - EATX mobo.  Every case so far has been unable to properly support it and a custom water cooled loop. The View 71 TG looks really nice. The only things I do not like about the case is the lack of a power supply shroud and lack of USB 3.1c on the front IO. Both of those feature I can easily mod.
    post edited by caligrown1985 - 2017/08/18 17:55:48
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 474
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/18 22:21:46 (permalink)
    Will never buy a ThermalFake (not spelling typo) case again. All of them, even the "higher" priced ones were all cheaply made. Such thin metal frames. My old Overseer case actually started to warp. So many more companies with higher quality builds 

As long as your popular enough, you can get away with anything.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/19 05:52:56 (permalink)
    Thanks for the feedback - never owned this brand

Phanteks is my preferred brand (see my Mods Rig) ---- they just do not have a glass sided Full Tower -- the Mid-Towers will not fit my 272mm E-ATX MB

I need room for Top AIO 240 and room for two FTW3 Hybrid 120 radiators in the Front

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

howdy2u2
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1896
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/19 06:54:11 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Thanks for the feedback - never owned this brand

Phanteks is my preferred brand (see my Mods Rig) ---- they just do not have a glass sided Full Tower -- the Mid-Towers will not fit my 272mm E-ATX MB

I need room for Top AIO 240 and room for two FTW3 Hybrid 120 radiators in the Front

So did I, BUT when you find a case that supports EATX they are so much wider case wise for the EATX board that hybrid radiators will not reach due to hose length. Thus, I mounted the hybrid to the top and a 280 to the front in a case that supports EATX. (Corsair 760T)  Not exactly the route nor the case (or expense) I had planned but it turned out well as could be expected. Searching for a EATX case that looks relatively decent (not just a box) with provisions for water cooling layout and won't break the bank is a tough prospect. 
    The only thing I question about this Tt case is glass on the backside............I route wires and tidy them up, but they still look like a crappy mess to me. I personally don't want to see the back side of a case, the the business is up front!

caligrown1985
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/19 07:49:18 (permalink)
    I just went and checked this case out at Fry's last night. They had it out on display. I couldn't take it all apart, but it was sturdy. The glass panels on a hinge were amazing. The drain port section for the front radiator is also amazing. The only thing I don't like is there is no power supply shroud. I am going to wait and see what the DG-7 will be like after PAX West to make an honest decision. I do know that I would prefer a Phanteks case; however the Enthoo Evolve ATX does not support a full EATX (Maximus 9 Extreme), and the Primo and Lux versions arent really set up for the custom loop I want (two 420 rads). All in all, I can't see the View 71 being a bad choice.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/30 13:28:16 (permalink)
    I got it right $200 USD

Incoming Friday     Hope this one arrives in tact so I can check it out.

Maybe UPS can deliver it without breaking it  - fingers crossed

Decided to changed vendor, last vendor did not offer any choice in shipping (Google Express  - charged $16 sales tax to a tax free State, that took a bite out of the $30 coupon ) ---> FedEx destroyed the box & glass on the first View 71

redleader00
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 906
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/30 18:56:56 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    I got it right $200 USD

Incoming Friday     Hope this one arrives in tact so I can check it out.

Maybe UPS can deliver it without breaking it  - fingers crossed

Decided to changed vendor, last vendor did not offer any choice in shipping (Google Express  - charged $16 sales tax to a tax free State, that took a bite out of the $30 coupon ) ---> FedEx destroyed the box & glass on the first View 71

That case really looks great. The only thing that didn't convince me was it has no dust filter in the front. Guess it looks better without it, but my home is really dusty so it is not optional for me.

caligrown1985
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/30 19:16:32 (permalink)
    Sweet man. This is the case I am getting as well. Luckily Fry's had it in stock. I am getting mine in a week or so.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/30 19:22:02 (permalink)
    @ redleader --> There should be a dust filter - check exploded view in post #4 (filters: top, bottom & front)

Checkout the image gallery http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_gallery.aspx?id=C_00003129

Getting mine direct from Thermaltake - through Amazon

First one that FedEx destroyed was from Frys - through Google Express

Now even Newegg has / had some

caligrown1985
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/30 19:54:56 (permalink)
    Jeeze, it broke in that GIANT box it comes in? I figured the case could survive a fall from a cliff in a box that big lol. I would already have it, but the box is so dam big I would rather let it sit at Fry's as to take up less space in my house until I get the rest of the parts.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/31 00:52:01 (permalink)
    I like this but as someone pointing out the promo pictures have way to much RGB on them. It also could use a PSU shroud and the Thermaltake logo on RGB fans looks really bad.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

redleader00
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 906
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/31 07:47:30 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    @ redleader --> There should be a dust filter - check exploded view in post #4 (filters: top, bottom & front)

Checkout the image gallery http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_gallery.aspx?id=C_00003129

Getting mine direct from Thermaltake - through Amazon

First one that FedEx destroyed was from Frys - through Google Express

Now even Newegg has / had some

You are right. It includes the front filter. Thermaltake has a video of them making a build in the case that I watched yesterday and the filter wasn't there (guess they removed it so viewers could see the front RGB fans better).
    Tried to take a look at the gallery yesterday, but I got one of those server errors. I could take a look today, and yeah, the removable filter is there. Now I have to decide if I want this or wait for the CoolerMaster C700P.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/08/31 08:53:08 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I like this but as someone pointing out the promo pictures have way to much RGB on them. It also could use a PSU shroud and the Thermaltake logo on RGB fans looks really bad.

This will be my bling build

RGB - Yes that is one of the goals of this build (I've got some unlit workhorses)  (RGB - can always turn it off)

May have to make some small mods to the case -- will decide after it arrives

Not sure if or where I'll use the factory fans.  I'm partial to EK Vardar fans

Some details:

2 - EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrids (RGB)
         EVGA 1200W P2 PSU
         Asus Rampage V Edition 10 (RGB) E-ATX MB (this ruled out many cases with glass)
         i7-5930K

Maybe even an EVGA CPU cooler,  (hey more RGB) - not sure as I already have a nice 280 AIO

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/01 19:24:39 (permalink)
    View 71 survived the shipping process (this time) 

and a 3 day weekend to play .....

Interesting first impression --- the glass sides do not seal to the case - a perimeter exhaust design. 

Seems the case is setup based on positive pressure to keep the dust out of the case

With the Top, Front and Bottom setup as intakes, through the included filters

log1c76
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/27 22:40:01 (permalink)
    Finished my build yesterday in this case. I haven't had a Thermaltake case in a long time and I know lately they haven't had a lot of positive things said about them, but this case was awesome to build in, with only a few qualms. The case frame is very sturdy, but the paint does scuff and scratch fairly easily, so be careful with that part of the build. Also, some of the screw heads are softer than say, Corsair, so it doesn't take much to strip them.

Being able to slide the 360 rads up or down for the front and left, right, forward and back for the top makes lining up everything a lot easier than fixed radiator mounts.The front and top panels come off and don't need to go back on until you're completely done with the build, giving you access to the whole inside of the case while you put it together. The glass doors conveniently open on hinges which makes taking them off and on and cleaning them a lot easier.

There is plenty of room on the back of the case for cable management with plenty of tie down points for some zip ties. I only wish they would've included some velcro straps. I have two 360mm rads, front and top, cooled with Corsair HD120 RGB fans (the fans are set to white now and not rainbow like the pic), Ek water blocks, Ek pump and a 200mm Ek reservoir. The fluid is Mayhem's Pastel white. Oh and no, the case doesn't come in white, I painted it.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this case and see myself holding on to it for a long time.

post edited by log1c76 - 2017/09/27 23:46:35

Attached Image(s)

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/28 00:48:08 (permalink)
    log1c76
    Finished my build yesterday in this case. I haven't had a Thermaltake case in a long time and I know lately they haven't had a lot of positive things said about them, but this case was awesome to build in, with only a few qualms. The case frame is very sturdy, but the paint does scuff and scratch fairly easily, so be careful with that part of the build. Also, some of the screw heads are softer than say, Corsair, so it doesn't take much to strip them.

Being able to slide the 360 rads up or down for the front and left, right, forward and back for the top makes lining up everything a lot easier than fixed radiator mounts.The front and top panels come off and don't need to go back on until you're completely done with the build, giving you access to the whole inside of the case while you put it together. The glass doors conveniently open on hinges which makes taking them off and on and cleaning them a lot easier.

There is plenty of room on the back of the case for cable management with plenty of tie down points for some zip ties. I only wish they would've included some velcro straps. I have two 360mm rads, front and top, cooled with Corsair HD120 RGB fans (the fans are set to white now and not rainbow like the pic), Ek water blocks, Ek pump and a 200mm Ek reservoir. The fluid is Mayhem's Pastel white. Oh and no, the case doesn't come in white, I painted it.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this case and see myself holding on to it for a long time.

To bad they used cheap screws and thin paint. Hopefully the case holds up well though.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

log1c76
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/28 01:01:24 (permalink)
    Yeah, but thankfully it was only some of the screws and not all of them. As far as the scratches on the paint, they are all in insonspicuous locations, but still sucks that it happened.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/28 05:41:02 (permalink)
    log1c76

Sounds like a nice build - wish the photo was viewable

You need to make a Mods Rigs build page to show case your build

log1c76
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/28 06:09:53 (permalink)
    Are the pics not showing? I can see them when I look the post.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/29 08:24:08 (permalink)
    log1c76
    Are the pics not showing? I can see them when I look the post.

They are Now -- yesterday, I could only see that you attached "something"

panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/29 08:49:03 (permalink)
    log1c76
    Finished my build yesterday in this case...

That case really sends a message.

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Thermaltake Introduces the View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis 2017/09/29 21:59:51 (permalink)

Beautiful case there.      

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile