EVGA

Thermal pad replacements

Author
BURN_BaD
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/04 19:52:18 (permalink)
I know this may have been asked previously, but I was looking to replace the thermal pads on my GTX 1080 Ti SC BE with some aftermarket ones. I wasn't sure what thickness to go with or what brand so I contacted EVGA support. I got a reply from a rep who I think is from EVGA Taiwan, who said that I would have to send it in for thermal pad replacement because I'll void the warranty if I did.

This seems to be in conflict with what I've read some time ago, not sure if it was here or another forum, where an EVGA rep said that warranty would still be honored so long as I put back in the stock thermal pads if in case I need to RMA my GPU.

Can anybody clarify this? Also, would it be possible to get official EVGA replacement thermal pads if they don't recommend using the aftermarket ones?

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 18067
    • Ribbons : 114
    Re: Thermal pad replacements 2019/10/04 20:21:48 (permalink)

You Are allowed to replace TIM & thermal Pads On EVGA GPUs  ---> Hey you can even put a water block on the card

Be careful - If you cause physical damage to the card --> that is Not under warranty

Yes, Card must have the stock cooler if its Returned for RMA

See FAQ 59738 ---> "If you choose to replace the thermal pads on your graphics card, you will want to use thermal pads which are"

Terms:  https://www.evga.com/warranty/

Select your region of the World
    USA & Canada 

Then select "Graphics Cards"

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK-5930K,EVGA2080Ti EVGA-1200P2  Nibbler EVGA X99 3-GPU Water Loop 1600P2  AIO Folding  1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid, 1200P
    Thank You for Your Support

BURN_BaD
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Thermal pad replacements 2019/10/18 18:33:17 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

You Are allowed to replace TIM & thermal Pads On EVGA GPUs  ---> Hey you can even put a water block on the card

Be careful - If you cause physical damage to the card --> that is Not under warranty

Yes, Card must have the stock cooler if its Returned for RMA

See ---> "If you choose to replace the thermal pads on your graphics card, you will want to use thermal pads which are"

Terms: 

Select your region of the World

Then select "Graphics Cards"

That's good to know, thanks. What thickness would you guys recommend using? Also, are there specific brand thermal pads you would recommend as an acceptable replacement?

Or how can I go about getting official EVGA replacement thermal pads? Are there any available for purchase anywhere?
    post edited by BURN_BaD - 2019/10/18 18:34:18
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile