The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
nomoss
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/13 20:59:16 (permalink)
ty_ger you make a lot of assumptions.  Anybody who was on the website at 8AM eastern could have seen it.  People were talking about it on the forum within minutes of it opening.  Nvidia did a soft release with minimal press coverage but it was on google news 2 days before the drop.  You didn't have to be a terrible person to know that you should check the EVGA website multiple times that day. 

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

d109424
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/13 21:47:08 (permalink)
It is not misleading... It is just that too many people queueing up, the server couldn't handle it and went very slow, people are mad because you couldn't get in at all. By the time you do get in, you no longer find that button, that is where the angry part comes in. 

It has nothing to do with the scores, the scores is only designed for those who get "queue in"...

This issue may or may not be solve until Evga fix their server with high traffic, so most of people can get in queue.

They just need to extend the auto notify time or fix the server. 
post edited by d109424 - 2022/01/13 22:30:21
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11100
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/13 22:42:51 (permalink)
Afty86
I am not sure how long it was open for... I was on the website prior to 9am PST and refreshed as soon as 9am struck. There was no queue button for me to push on either of the cards in the different browser windows. I continued to refresh until about 906am that's when I got the server is overloaded try again in fifteen minutes. Never had a chance don't even know if there was a drop then either ha.

The way I am reading your post you had more than one browser window open at once.
I am pretty sure part of the bot protection is the website will not work right during these launches 
if you have more than one window open to a product. 
Next time if you try again just have one browser and only one window open at a time.
Last launch I had to close windows in order to get in the queue for the 3070Ti
Also if you hit F5 too many times too fast it will cause you some trouble, temp ban or sys down error.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/13 23:27:24 (permalink)
blue_lazer
I'm new here. How long was the queue sign-up window typically open for when 1.0 or 2.0 was used? And should I be checking every day if it is open?
I understand that yesterday it lasted only like 30 minutes for testing.

Queue 1.0 was open for approximately 5 months for the 3080, 3090, and 3070, with no delay. Then 2.0 was open for about another 5 months with cards releasing in between, and the all queues were closed temporarily in October.

Queue 3.0 released the day before the 3080 12gb launch, and the 3080 12gb initial queue was only opened for a short period of time so they could test queue 3.0, according to EVGA reps.

My timelines could be a little off, but the basic understanding needs to be that the queue’s were open for nearly a year from the 3080 launch and anyone could sign up at any time, and EVGA could never fulfill the backlog of people signing up.

Now that EVGA wants to make a realistically manageable list, some people are trying to say that is unfair.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/13 23:32:03
enewt
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11883
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/13 23:54:22 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
blue_lazer
I'm new here. How long was the queue sign-up window typically open for when 1.0 or 2.0 was used? And should I be checking every day if it is open?
I understand that yesterday it lasted only like 30 minutes for testing.

Queue 1.0 was open for approximately 5 months for the 3080, 3090, and 3070, with no delay. Then 2.0 was open for about another 5 months with cards releasing in between, and the all queues were closed temporarily in October.

Queue 3.0 released the day before the 3080 12gb launch, and the 3080 12gb initial queue was only opened for a short period of time so they could test queue 3.0, according to EVGA reps.

My timelines could be a little off, but the basic understanding needs to be that the queue’s were open for nearly a year from the 3080 launch and anyone could sign up at any time, and EVGA could never fulfill the backlog of people signing up.

Now that EVGA wants to make a realistically manageable list, some people are trying to say that is unfair.

Just a quick correction. Queue 1.0 was open for approximately 11 months (October 6 2020 to September 2021 (when EVGA locked all the queues down to new registrants)). Queue 2.0 was announced the first weekend in October, and then slightly revised the second week of October to what we now know as Queue 2.0 (maybe it should be "2.1"). 

Additionally, there were various times during Queue 1.0 when EVGA would open up registration for a limited window of time...basically to secure enough registrants for the inventory they either had on hand or anticipated to have on hand within a reasonable time frame.  This happened with the 3080 and 3090 Hybrids and Hydro Coppers back in December 2020.  Additionally, the 3090 KPE Hybrid had two limited windows (one in November 2020 and one in December 2020) before opening up for the remainder of Queue 1.0 from June 2021 to the full queue lock down in September 2021. 

While I appreciate that some folks are upset about the way the "test cohort" (my words) was collected on Tuesday for the 3080 12gb, it was not the first instance of EVGA trying to test things in a small way before taking the program larger. Query whether had EVGA just fully opened up as some people are arguing that they should have -- and had things gone wrong -- would EVGA be feeling the wrath of everybody who was impacted by an untested full scale launch. 

There is no "right" answer. But I honestly believe that EVGA is making reasonable business decisions and trying to act in the best interests of the larger gamer and pc enthusiast population that seeks to purchase EVGA gpus. And despite the protestations of many within our community -- some of whom are threatening to take their business elsewhere -- I have yet to hear of any other AIB (or NVIDIA itself, for that matter) implementing, revising, and revising again a consumer facing program with real administrative burdens for the benefit of the gaming and pc enthusiast population. I don't think it is controversial to say that EVGA could maximize their margins by simply sending all of their inventory to their online storefront without a queue and let whomever has the fastest bot win the day. 

Please use my Associate Code at your checkouts for up to 10% discounts on all your EVGA purchases: VDN2319M4O569J4

30 Series GPUs currently "in stock"
EVGA Queue Summary (North America)

• Total Posts : 48
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 00:41:04 (permalink)
To be completely fair to all the opinions expressed here, there may have been a better way to test the queue system.

Open it up, without giving people the ability to buy (we already know that functionality works just fine.) When their position pops in the queue, ask them if they want some EVGA Bucks (like 1 or 2,) or give their forum account a special "I Tested Q 3.0, and All I Got is this Lousy Badge" badge or something like that (instead of letting them buy a card) for helping to test the queue 3.0 system. Maybe a t-shirt instead of a badge, with text changed accordingly, randomly given away to like 10 queue participants.

Orrrrrrr ...

Make the special badge an NFT instead, with each badge having a unique queue line spot displayed on it, then let hilarity really ensue on eBay. (ok, I gotta admit ... I laughed a little bit while I was typing that. I can imagine the poop-storm that would ignite on social media.) Ohhh, this would be a good one for April Fools.
post edited by collinscdj - 2022/01/14 00:49:34
Graymatter99
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 02:30:06 (permalink)
enewtThere is no "right" answer. But I honestly believe that EVGA is making reasonable business decisions and trying to act in the best interests of the larger gamer and pc enthusiast population that seeks to purchase EVGA gpus. And despite the protestations of many within our community -- some of whom are threatening to take their business elsewhere -- I have yet to hear of any other AIB (or NVIDIA itself, for that matter) implementing, revising, and revising again a consumer facing program with real administrative burdens for the benefit of the gaming and pc enthusiast population. I don't think it is controversial to say that EVGA could maximize their margins by simply sending all of their inventory to their online storefront without a queue and let whomever has the fastest bot win the day.

I have had an account with EVGA for quite a while. I never realized the auto notify was in fact a queue until the whole 2.0 story hit the news. By then the queues were pretty much closed. I wasn't really a forum visitor but popped across to the EVGA site periodically. Looking at things from the outside, and I may be incorrect. It looks like a whole bunch of people who had already purchased multiple GPU's on the 1.0 system complained because they couldn't buy more after the changes. IIRC, at the time, EVGA tweaked the queue after these complaints. Now, with the advent of queue 3.0, which I only learned about today, it looks like the focus will be pushed to customers who have spent a lot of money with the first 300 customers exempt from the 3 series restriction so those people who have already bought a bunch of cards get to buy even more. They say that they don't close off the possibility for new customers to get a card but for all intents and purposes, that would require that a person spends a considerable amount of money on other products.
I get that there is no easy solution to all of this but the solutions always seem to benefit the people who have already bought multiple cards among other things which seems to be contrary to the "larger gamer and pc enthusiast population". Something that supported the larger gamer and PC enthusiast population would be finding a way to get 1 card to as many people as possible.
Twantony
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:14:38 (permalink)
I have spent over $2000 on EVGA products and have them registered but I only have 32 points?  I see multiple people having 100s and I even seen someone with close to 14,000 points.  I don't understand and feel deflated that I will get into this queue that I don't understand nor do I have the time to try and get people to buy something.  Tis a bummer so far :(

[url=https://www.evga.com/peripherals/default.aspx?associatecode=E1OJ6I1W4NC2N2F][url=https://www.evga.com/associates/default.aspx?associatecode=E1OJ6I1W4NC2N2F]
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:18:07 (permalink)
enewt
Just a quick correction. Queue 1.0 was open for approximately 11 months (October 6 2020 to September 2021 (when EVGA locked all the queues down to new registrants)). Queue 2.0 was announced the first weekend in October, and then slightly revised the second week of October to what we now know as Queue 2.0 (maybe it should be "2.1"). 

I thought my timeline was a little off, but honestly couldn’t remember when 2.0 was officially started.

In the end, No matter what EVGA does, people are going to say every card is going to a botter and a scalper only, but most of the accounts screaming that at the top of their lungs are people that aren’t active on the forum lately, and many (not all, attempt to misquote something else) of those accounts stop posting when EVGA shut down the 100 posts for elite status.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:24:25 (permalink)
safan80
enewt
Have a nice day.

It makes EVGA look bad when they can't even follow their own rules and continue to move the goal posts while not honoring prior agreements. 

You mean like forcibly removing people from the original queue even tho they entered it in good faith?

Yeah...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:26:34 (permalink)
Twantony
I have spent over $2000 on EVGA products and have them registered but I only have 32 points?  I see multiple people having 100s and I even seen someone with close to 14,000 points.  I don't understand and feel deflated that I will get into this queue that I don't understand nor do I have the time to try and get people to buy something.  Tis a bummer so far :(

People that folded for EVGA got EVGA bucks for folding for many years (10 buck a month and some people have 12 years worth of bucks 12x12x10), all the blue ribbons (2 bucks per ribbon for useful, helpful, insightful posts that assist other members, affiliate/rewards registration program for 13 years at 2 bucks a registered product, and then the most recent, the associates program rewards for someone else using a members code.

Registered products don’t generate as many points towards the score, and there are many ways that EVGA bucks were acquired over many years. a few people really (actually) benefited from the associates programs since it was introduced.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:27:00 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
enewt

(snip) EVGA shut down the 100 posts for elite status.

But this should never have been allowed in the first place, and they know it. They knew it before they even started it that it would cause spam ...if they didn't they're idiots.

As for me, after being a customer since 1999, exclusively to eVGA GPUs....that ended the moment they removed me from the first queue.

I no longer tell people to buy them either. Honor your agreements or don't do business.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

Twantony
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:28:48 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
Twantony

People that folded for EVGA got EVGA bucks for folding for many years (10 buck a month and some people have 12 years worth of bucks 12x12x10), all the blue ribbons (2 bucks per ribbon for useful, helpful, insightful posts that assist other members, affiliate/rewards registration program for 13 years at 2 bucks a registered product, and then the most recent, the associates program rewards for someone else using a members code.

Registered products don’t generate as many points towards the score, and there are many ways that EVGA bucks were acquired over many years. a few people really (actually) benefited from the associates programs since it was introduced.

interesting.  That's good to know. Unfortunate I wasn't here for the folding part.  Thank you. I'm trying to get my code on my signature so hopefully that will help a little

[url=https://www.evga.com/peripherals/default.aspx?associatecode=E1OJ6I1W4NC2N2F][url=https://www.evga.com/associates/default.aspx?associatecode=E1OJ6I1W4NC2N2F]
Graymatter99
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:29:22 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
No matter what EVGA does, people are going to say every card is going to a botter and a scalper only

I agree that EVGA are going to be damned if they do and damned if they don't. I haven't looked at the forums much so I don't know who are the people complaining. I only visited today because I just managed to get myself a 1650 although my account is fairly old and I have bought a few things from EVGA in the past. The gist that I got on the 2.0 queue at the time from one of the reddit groups was that people who had already bought cards got upset with the changes because they wanted other cards. EVGA changed the rules after the initial outrage and allowed some people to get additional cards. That just felt wrong at the time. The current changes feel a bit more of the same. I am not someone who camps EVGA looking for a card so my impression could be completely wrong. I am trying to say that's the impression that I get from the outside.

That said, I don't think there is an easy way to handle things for EVGA. The botters and scalpers are so pervasive that they are bound to be some of the recipients. I do think that the changes will limit the number sales to those groups but probably at the expense of other every day gamers. No easy solution, unfortunately.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 03:40:19 (permalink)
Graymatter99
I agree that EVGA are going to be damned if they do and damned if they don't. I haven't looked at the forums much so I don't know who are the people complaining. I only visited today because I just managed to get myself a 1650 although my account is fairly old and I have bought a few things from EVGA in the past. The gist that I got on the 2.0 queue at the time from one of the reddit groups was that people who had already bought cards got upset with the changes because they wanted other cards. EVGA changed the rules after the initial outrage and allowed some people to get additional cards. That just felt wrong at the time. The current changes feel a bit more of the same. I am not someone who camps EVGA looking for a card so my impression could be completely wrong. I am trying to say that's the impression that I get from the outside.

That said, I don't think there is an easy way to handle things for EVGA. The botters and scalpers are so pervasive that they are bound to be some of the recipients. I do think that the changes will limit the number sales to those groups but probably at the expense of other every day gamers. No easy solution, unfortunately.

It is perfectly normal to be upset when something suddenly changes and “we” want more information.

EVGA verifies every single order, the shipping address, and the payment method, before allowing the order. I have seen a couple account find ways to take advantage of the queue and use more than one account, and I have also seen EVGA openly cancel members that had used their PayPal on 4 different accounts with 4 different queue slots (that was an interesting one to see publicly on the forum).

EVGA has methods in the way to at least cause bitters headaches. It isn’t a perfect system, but it is something.

As for scalpers, we have active members that have openly scalped cards right here on the forums, and EVGA took steps to stop that from happening.

Again, it isn’t a perfect system, but EVGA is trying. I am not a huge fan of the last second changes that affected people trying to step up, but looking at one of the threads that Reddit users came over to “discuss” on these very forums, quite a few people had found a “legal loophole” that they were going to use and EVGA took the steps to stop that, and it wasn’t something most people that were involved liked.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 04:23:21 (permalink)
nomoss
ty_ger you make a lot of assumptions.  Anybody who was on the website at 8AM eastern could have seen it.  People were talking about it on the forum within minutes of it opening.  Nvidia did a soft release with minimal press coverage but it was on google news 2 days before the drop.  You didn't have to be a terrible person to know that you should check the EVGA website multiple times that day. 

I'm not making any assumptions.
Tell me if any of these are assumptions:
1) EVGA said the queue would open on 1/11 for Elite members for 24 hours. It opened for Elite members (?) for 90 minutes.
2) It opened during typical business hours for many people.
3) Typical jobs don't allow their employees to check a website or social media multiple times a day at any time other than during breaks.
4) The beginning of every queue window is going to be saturated with a certain type of traffic/customer. Longer queue windows are necessary to overcome that so that reprioritization can be effective. Refer back to 1).

You're just defensive about how this topic affects you.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/01/14 06:22:50

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 04:50:05 (permalink)
enewt
While I appreciate that some folks are upset about the way the "test cohort" (my words) was collected on Tuesday for the 3080 12gb, it was not the first instance of EVGA trying to test things in a small way before taking the program larger. Query whether had EVGA just fully opened up as some people are arguing that they should have -- and had things gone wrong -- would EVGA be feeling the wrath of everybody who was impacted by an untested full scale launch.

It's really simple. EVGA said the queue would open on or after 1/11 for 24 hours for Elite members. They said that in multiple places ahead of 1/11. There was a queue open for 90 minutes.

That is the root of the problem. It is an inescapable truth. It becomes more problematic when you consider the implications of who that short queue best serves.

You can justify it as a test in your own mind, but that doesn't correct the damage done. The only way to correct the damage done is to rectify the situation and redistribute the products fairly in the way they claimed. Until that is done, the complaint remains. As it is, a thousand people who have good scores and wanted a card, who were at work and unable to queue up, are now behind 10,000 people who have no score and were utilizing capitalistic buying habits. Of course I don't know the actual numbers, but the numbers don't matter. The stated principles matter. And, according to EVGA, they don't intend to reopen the queue until the existing list is diminished.

It's a matter of integrity. EVGA has no integrity if any excuse allows it to compromise. Especially when the compromise goes against stated principles. 24 hours down to 90 minutes is a compromise of integrity. A massive compromise of integrity.

There is no "right" answer. But I honestly believe that EVGA is making reasonable business decisions and trying to act in the best interests of the larger gamer and pc enthusiast population that seeks to purchase EVGA gpus.

That's the problem though. They aren't expecting to have long queue windows in the future either. Short queue windows favor bots/scalpers/capitalistic buying and selling habits. That is a fact. And the fact is that EVGA customer service told me (without apologizing for the first 90 minute window) that they plan to have multiple more short queue windows in the future. The short queue window is the root of the problem, and now they are positioning themself to continue that tradition. How can you say that they are trying to help a loyal PC gamer population, and trying to overcome bots and scalpers, when their queue duration specifically lends itself to bots and scalpers?

EVGA, listen.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/01/14 06:23:34

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

fugly16
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 235
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 06:22:13 (permalink)
Graymatter99
the_Scarlet_one
No matter what EVGA does, people are going to say every card is going to a botter and a scalper only

This is the second time you've alluded to having an old account, am I missing something or you're posting from an alt account? Cause 2018 doesn't seem that old to me.

3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid 
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 06:30:02 (permalink)
safan80
enewt
Have a nice day.

It makes EVGA look bad when they can't even follow their own rules and continue to move the goal posts while not honoring prior agreements. 

It's important to know that EVGA has said the original people in a queue will not be removed. When products are in stock they will fill the orders based on the queue for those product lines that used the prior queue system. Queue 3.0 only has an impact on new 2022 products.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 06:41:03 (permalink)
Hoggle
safan80
enewt
Have a nice day.

It's important to know that EVGA has said the original people in a queue will not be removed. When products are in stock they will fill the orders based on the queue for those product lines that used the prior queue system. Queue 3.0 only has an impact on new 2022 products.

And your point relates to the content of this thread how?
EVGA moved the goal post from 24 hours to 90 minutes. Please read the content of the thread prior to commenting in defense of nothing related to this content.

fugly16
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 235
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 06:47:18 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Hoggle
safan80
enewt
Have a nice day.

EVGA moved the goal post from 24 hours to 90 minutes. Please read the content of the thread prior to commenting in defense of nothing related to this content.

pretty certain the mods comment is replying to "while not honoring prior agreements."

3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid 
zippytek
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1185
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 06:50:05 (permalink)
ty_ger07
nomoss

1) EVGA said the queue would open on 1/11 for Elite members for 24 hours. It opened for Elite members (?) for 90 minutes.

in my experience, this is how it has always worked. if they have 2,000 cards, why would they let 100,000 people queue for that sku? maybe it took them 4 months to make 2,000. At that rate, how long would it take them to make 100,000? You see the issue right?

Yes they say they'll leave it open for 24 hours, but if they fill their upper limit in 12 seconds, why would they give out tickets to people that will NEVER get a card? You're asking for something that is impossible and using their language against them in an unreasonable way.

You don't seem very reasonable from your complaints, to be quite honest. I didn't get in the queue for that sku either, but I don't expect to succeed in every aspect of life. When I get frustrated, I watch some puppy videos for a few minutes and go for a walk or something. Shouting in to the void doesn't change anything except others opinions of you.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 07:08:58 (permalink)
fugly16
ty_ger07
Hoggle
safan80
enewt
Have a nice day.

pretty certain the mods comment is replying to "while not honoring prior agreements."

Yeah, their prior agreement is 24 hours

nomoss
FTW Member
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 07:10:04 (permalink)
ty_ger what you're saying is that you want them to make it easy for you, specifically.  People work all different shifts, live in other time zones, have varying degrees of access to internet.  How are they supposed to please EVERYONE? 
I'm just sayin', you're sounding a lot like the people who come here salty because they found out about the queue 15 months after it was plastered all over the news.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 07:14:10 (permalink)
zippytek
ty_ger07
nomoss

in my experience, this is how it has always worked. if they have 2,000 cards, why would they let 100,000 people queue for that sku? maybe it took them 4 months to make 2,000. At that rate, how long would it take them to make 100,000? You see the issue right?

No, I don't see an issue with that. You fail to see how the score is supposed to overcome that issue.
Yes they say they'll leave it open for 24 hours, but if they fill their upper limit in 12 seconds, why would they give out tickets to people that will NEVER get a card?

If a queue fills in 12 seconds, who will it contain? Bots. Almost 100% bots. Almost no human will be able to enter a 12 second queue. The size of the queue should be irrelevant. It is only a technical problem for EVGA to manage. An infinitely long list of entries with a score of zero has no bearing on the larger scores EVGA claims to be promoting. EVGA needs to make an effort to accommodate the participation of people it supposedly cares about, if its objective is to succeed.
The simple act of perceiving that a queue can be too full directly contradicts the principles of Queue 3.0.
People WILL get a card. The people with high scores! Didn't you read up on the objectives of queue 3.0? Queue 3.0 is supposed to be score-based, not timing based. But if the queue is short it will be 100% timing based.
You're asking for something that is impossible and using their language against them in an unreasonable way.

Impossible? Certainly not.
It's unreasonable to think that EVGA should do what they said they were going to do? Where is your moral compass?
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/01/14 07:36:29

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 07:16:49 (permalink)
nomoss
ty_ger what you're saying is that you want them to make it easy for you, specifically.

No, I don't even want a card.
People work all different shifts, live in other time zones, have varying degrees of access to internet.  How are they supposed to please EVERYONE? 

By keeping the queue open, they please everyone who EVGA cares to please, who have different shifts, varying degrees of internet access, etcetera. Exactly as the principles of Queue 3.0 were stated.

nomoss
FTW Member
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 07:21:21 (permalink)
Ah, so we're only arguing theory now, but still a theory starts with your specific circumstance.  This is all cigars and cognac kind of stuff.  
And. in theory, it must work only the way you interpret it should, in ways more convenient for you.  Not that you want a card.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 07:23:44 (permalink)
nomoss
Ah, so we're only arguing theory now, but still a theory starts with your specific circumstance. 

What part of what I said is theory? What part of 90 minutes is theoretically 24 hours? What part of anything I said in post #1 or reply #46 is theory or assumptions?

zippytek
FTW Member
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 08:00:45 (permalink)
ty_ger07
zippytek
ty_ger07
nomoss

No, I don't see an issue with that. You fail to see how the score is supposed to overcome that issue.
Yes they say they'll leave it open for 24 hours, but if they fill their upper limit in 12 seconds, why would they give out tickets to people that will NEVER get a card?

If a queue fills in 12 seconds, who will it contain? Bots. Almost 100% bots. Almost no human will be able to enter a 12 second queue. The size of the queue should be irrelevant. It is only a technical problem for EVGA to manage. An infinitely long list of entries with a score of zero has no bearing on the larger scores EVGA claims to be promoting. EVGA needs to make an effort to accommodate the participation of people it supposedly cares about, if its objective is to succeed.
The simple act of perceiving that a queue can be too full directly contradicts the principles of Queue 3.0.
People WILL get a card. The people with high scores! Didn't you read up on the objectives of queue 3.0? Queue 3.0 is supposed to be score-based, not timing based. But if the queue is short it will be 100% timing based.
You're asking for something that is impossible and using their language against them in an unreasonable way.

Impossible? Certainly not.
It's unreasonable to think that EVGA should do what they said they were going to do? Where is your moral compass?

I mean, they have opened the kingpin queues for less than a minute before filling the quota in the past. It's not new. You aren't new. Quit acting like you're being persecuted over sensible practice.

If there are 50 apples in a basket, you don't let 1000 people wait in line for them. You tell maybe 100 people they'll get an apple if they don't mind waiting until another 50 apples can be picked. It's not bots, I have plenty of friends who queued for kingpins and other skus that were in the first few batches. The kingpin queues were never open for more than a few minutes for the first batches. How many queues have they opened for 3.0 so far? Maybe you can remind us. Lol man they even replied in here to let you know this is a test run and the entire process is subject to changes. 

A queue can ABSOLUTELY be too full. That isn't some theory, and to suggest otherwise is just some idea you've contrived because you like to argue about things you have zero control over. The wild part is, when a queue is full, and they process a good portion of this queue, THEY CAN REOPEN IT. WILD

My moral compass is on the shelf when it comes to high demand product launches. You're in here admitting you have to compete with "bots" (and scalpers and miners where some of this is all crossover) and you think MORALS have some part in it? EVGA is doing way more than other vendors but to you it's never going to be good enough. 
zippytek
FTW Member
Re: The principles of Queue 3.0 are misleading 2022/01/14 08:03:49 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ty_ger07
BiLLbOuS
Evga has gone above and beyond to facilitate us, you have to pay attention, and be at the right place at the right time and you have no issues getting a GPU. If u still haven't gotten a GPU from EVGA by now after all this started, you are seriously doing something wrong. 

1) I have had no interest in buying any of these GPUs, and I have no interest at the moment. Please don't make that part of your argument. This thread is about implementation, not opinion or frustration.
2) EVGA did not follow the procedure they advertised, and that is the current problem. The problem currently exists, so the complaint is currently relevant. A 90 minute purchase window is not 24 hours, and the queue participants within that 90 minute purchase window are not representative of the supposed goal of queue 3.0.

Here, let me help you.

EVGATech_LeeM

I would like people to read the "Notice" part near the end of the Queue 3.0 page, just above the FAQ, if you haven't.  Spoiler - don't expect the Queue 3.0 to stay exactly the same.  We are tweaking parts of the program, looking at the parts that worked as expected, the new problems that manifest after going through a first run of the program, and other unexpected things that can only be learned from pushing a new program live.  For example, most of you have seen members who are receiving an error message (that they shouldn't get) when trying to sign up for the queue; we're working to fix that currently and also clean up the My Notifies page. The feedback and critiques from the community are also things that we are reviewing for ways we can improve.

The Queue 3.0 will likely see some changes over the next few weeks.  Not "burn it down and rebuild" changes, but some small tweaks as we work towards finishing the way everything works.  The next part after that will be to update the Queue 3.0 explanation page if there are areas that have changed or need clarification.

EVGA_JacobF
In future it will allow for more entries into queue, for this initial release it was open for a limited time due to the new programming to make sure it rolls out smoothly and also limited initial availability.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile