The next Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon seemingly set to release in 2025

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2023/01/18 00:10:37 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/mustafa-mahmoud/the-next-tom-clancys-ghost-recon-seemingly-set-to-release-in-2025/

Ubisoft has had an up-and-down relationship with the Tom Clancy franchise, but in particular with the Ghost Recon sub-series – as the past two games have varied wildly in both critical and commercial reception. Despite the last entry being released over 3 years ago, fans of the franchise may have to wait up to 3 years more for the next Ghost Recon.

Industry insider Tom Henderson took to Twitter to reply to one user who asked “Are the reports true that a new ghost recon will release this year” with Henderson saying “I don't think so. I believe it's forecasted for 2025 or so.” As mentioned, the last Ghost Recon game was the less-than-stellar Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, which underperformed both commercially and critically – selling a “disappointing” 6 million units while scoring a rather paltry 56% on Metacritic (with a 3.0 user score).

That said, the franchise has had some high points, with Breakpoint’s predecessor Ghost Recon: Wildlands proving to be huge for the company, reaching more than 15 million players in total while also being much more well-received across the board. With Breakpoint releasing just two years after Wildlands, it was clear that the Ghost Recon series needed more time in the oven, and it seems as though Ubisoft is giving this next entry exactly that. Hopefully the extra development time is put to good use.

Let's hope to see a well polished game in 2025. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile