EVGA

The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 72
2017/02/24 20:46:51 (permalink)
Wow! The looks and specs are more like what I thought the Z/28 would be.

post edited by kram36 - 2017/02/24 21:08:15

55 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/24 22:45:06 (permalink)
    If it doesnt come with a generic black helmet, i dont want it.

Its not a bad looking car, but I honestly dont see the appeal anymore. Its too costly, and honestly, the first video doesnt do it enough justice. I think they could have done a lot better video editing to make it look more aggressive and much faster.. it looked lethargic in the video, and just.. sluggish. Sounds great though.
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11100
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/24 23:53:45 (permalink)
    Not my cup of tea but it is a good time in history to be a car guy.
    Ford, GM, Dodge and several imports are producing some powerful, fast cars these days.
    Race technology is being incorporated into the production cars, not just fast but they handle well too.
    Prices are a bit high, but what is cheap these days...

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/25 06:13:47 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech

Its not a bad looking car, but I honestly dont see the appeal anymore. Its too costly, and honestly, the first video doesnt do it enough justice. I think they could have done a lot better video editing to make it look more aggressive and much faster.. it looked lethargic in the video, and just.. sluggish. Sounds great though.

What's the price of this car?

You don't get the appeal? It's for people that feel the need for speed. This is like Dodge's ACR version of the Viper. It's going to be a beast on the track.

bill1024
    Not my cup of tea but it is a good time in history to be a car guy.
    Ford, GM, Dodge and several imports are producing some powerful, fast cars these days.
    Race technology is being incorporated into the production cars, not just fast but they handle well too.
    Prices are a bit high, but what is cheap these days...

Not a good time to be a fan of the new Fishstang err I mean the Mustang. Everyone is kicking it's ugly butt right now in performance.
    Dukman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1478
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/25 18:21:28 (permalink)
    I am so in lust with the Viper ACR.  

I like the the new look on the Camaro.  Not enough to jump the fence, but enough.  

And Bill hit the nail.  Now is a great time to be a gear head.  Regardless of what badge you prefer, the performance numbers being turned lose on the street are impressive.  Even better, if you're in the mood to upgrade a little, all the marques offer "low end" V8 cars that respond really well to a little bit of boost.

Heatware

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/25 18:43:00 (permalink)
    kram36
    Scarlet-Tech

What's the price of this car?

You don't get the appeal? It's for people that feel the need for speed. This is like Dodge's ACR version of the Viper. It's going to be a beast on the track.

With camaro's easily stretching into the $60k+ range, it dont see the worth.

If you want to "feel" speed, you can actually feel the wind at 190mph... and save around 50,000. But you actually have to want to "feel" the need for speed, rather than being walled off.

Again, the first video doesn't do a car like that justice.

Just remember, no matter how much of a "feeling for need for speed" you have, you cant do this in any car, unless something has gone horribly wrong. (This video is from 2011, from the earliest posting I can find)

post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/25 19:23:16
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/25 20:45:27 (permalink)
    Dukman
    I am so in lust with the Viper ACR.  

I like the the new look on the Camaro.  Not enough to jump the fence, but enough.  

And Bill hit the nail.  Now is a great time to be a gear head.  Regardless of what badge you prefer, the performance numbers being turned lose on the street are impressive.  Even better, if you're in the mood to upgrade a little, all the marques offer "low end" V8 cars that respond really well to a little bit of boost.

The Viper ACR is quite a machine. Too bad Dodge is dropping the Viper.

It really is a great time to be a gear head, even for Mustang loyalist.

Scarlet-Tech

If you want to "feel" speed, you can actually feel the wind at 190mph... and save around 50,000. But you actually have to want to "feel" the need for speed, rather than being walled off.

For sure it will be in the $60k range at the least, hopefully not in the $70k range. Motor Trend predicts $66k on the price. For the performance of this car, there isn't a car on the market that can match it's performance value. You may not see the value, but plenty of others will. When Chevy launched the 2014 Camaro Z/28 at $75k, they were sold out before they even hit the street. Hopefully Chevy pumps out enough of them to avoid ADM.

No thanks on the street bikes. Just too dangerous as people don't pay enough attention to them. You can most definitely feel the speed in a car. I've had plenty of adrenalyn rushes in cars I have owned.
    post edited by kram36 - 2017/03/08 22:57:33
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/25 21:14:02 (permalink)
    Hopefully they can produce enough to keep the crowds happy this time.

As for people not paying attention to a motorcycle, its not like they pay attention to a car either. At least on a motorcycle, you have a lot smaller foot print and can fit into much smaller areas that a car could never escape. I have definitely had close calls, but there isnt many things that compare to feeling wind pulling a helmet at high speeds. I love it, although I ride much safer and slower now that I am in the military. I used to LOVE doing wheelies, but dont want to get kicked out for being stupid.
    Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/26 07:08:22 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech

65,000.00 might be optimistic because you know the dealers are going to play their little money grubbing game.  

I personally would never drop the extra cash for the special badge cars.  ZL1, GT350, Hellcat, etc.  As you said, too much money.   Instead; if I were to get the Chevy, I would pick up a nicely outfitted Camaro SS, replace the suspension, add boost and now have a car that out performs the ZL1 but still costs less.   And watch out, If done properly, those cars can be a challenge to motorcycles on both turns and straights.  Granted, even taking that route,  the cars are still coming in at bare minimum 20k more than the bike.

The one advantage that I can see to the badge cars is that they are built in limited numbers and hold their value much better than the others.  
    post edited by Dukman - 2017/02/26 12:21:26

Heatware

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/26 12:01:45 (permalink)
    It is true about the special badge cars. I have a 93 SVT Cobra and the prices have risen quite nicely last couple years.
    I still would not trade my 93 for any one of the new cars no matter who makes it or what they call it.
    I can say "I built that" Just did a pulley swap this past Fall and she is running real good. "More boost" "Never enough"

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/26 12:15:08 (permalink)
    Looks like a Mustang got Rice'd! Whats wrong with clean linesand simple sexy curves?
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/26 18:44:23 (permalink)
    Dukman
    Scarlet-Tech

65,000.00 might be optimistic because you know the dealers are going to play their little money grubbing game.  

I personally would never drop the extra cash for the special badge cars.  ZL1, GT350, Hellcat, etc.  As you said, too much money.   Instead; if I were to get the Chevy, I would pick up a nicely outfitted Camaro SS, replace the suspension, add boost and now have a car that out performs the ZL1 but still costs less.   And watch out, If done properly, those cars can be a challenge to motorcycles on both turns and straights.  Granted, even taking that route,  the cars are still coming in at bare minimum 20k more than the bike.

The one advantage that I can see to the badge cars is that they are built in limited numbers and hold their value much better than the others.  

Not only challenge them is the straights, but corners too. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/26 19:14:42 (permalink)
    A sport touring bike sits and handles handles different than the racing style sport bikes, and that guy never leans off bike completely to corner.. that is how an average rider would be..

this is how a car should play right here, and this is exciting to watch.

Sorry, I just realized I am changing the subject of the thread, and I apologize. Back on topic.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/02/27 03:44:19 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    A sport touring bike sits and handles handles different than the racing style sport bikes, and that guy never leans off bike completely to corner.. that is how an average rider would be..

this is how a car should play right here, and this is exciting to watch.

Sorry, I just realized I am changing the subject of the thread, and I apologize. Back on topic.

The bike rider is good, actually he is a pro, not some average Joe, that's Nino Pallavicini. Then when you think about the car that stuck with him through the corners, not really impressed with the danger the bike rider is putting himself in and the car that's sticking with him in the corners. That was a front wheel drive Renault Sport Megane RS hanging with that bike in the corners.

This is a Camaro ZL1 1LE, not a sissy Renault Sport Megane RS. Almost like comparing a Honda CBR to a to a Honda Grom.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/02 20:08:38 (permalink)
    I hope it helps sales. All the talk about the sales will come, never panned out. I really think Chevy shot themselves in the foot staying with to similar of a look with the car...

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/02 21:11:48 (permalink)
    The Mustang is getting smashed in performance by the Camaro. The regular ZL1 beats the GT350R, the ZL1 1LE is going to embarrass Ford even more lol.
    Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/03 10:11:49 (permalink)
    kram36
    Dukman
    Scarlet-Tech

Not only challenge them is the straights, but corners too. 

Damn nice vid there man! That got my blood pumping! I have an old split tail Stingray and got my ass smoked by one of those Zs b\4. He was just like gone, I'm glad I didn't get to see him after that #HumblePie
    post edited by Nozler - 2017/03/03 10:13:29

heatware

Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/04 20:08:19 (permalink)
    kram36
    The Mustang is getting smashed in performance by the Camaro. The regular ZL1 beats the GT350R, the ZL1 1LE is going to embarrass Ford even more lol.

It is awesome too! Love the back and forth all three are doing.

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask. What do you own today for vehicles?

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/05 00:03:40 (permalink)
    Afterburner
    kram36

Still have my Porsche Boxster S.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/05 15:35:54 (permalink)
    kram36
    Afterburner
    kram36

Time for you to buy a camaro already since you're always talking about them.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/05 19:52:11 (permalink)
    Sajin
    kram36
    Afterburner
    kram36

No it's not, love my Porsche, it's not going anywhere. I am very impressed with the Camaro line up and will continue talk about them.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/08 12:49:22 (permalink)
    Ouch!

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/08 22:36:54 (permalink)
    There is a good write up in this months Hot Rod mag., it's the May issue...  
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/08 22:49:44 (permalink)
    notfordman

They still sell magazines?

Can't wait to see some track times. Only track time I know right now is Chevy said it was 3 seconds faster then the ZL1 around their 2.9-mile Milford test track.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/14 11:59:06 (permalink)
    notfordman

I went to the grocery store a couple days ago and they didn't have Hot Rod. Either it sold out or they don't carry Hot Rod anymore, I've always seen Hot Rod in the mag isle.

Here is a vid of the ZL1 1LE in red.

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/14 16:20:04 (permalink)
    http://www.hotrod.com/articles/2017-camaro-zl1-tested-road-track-strip/

I have been a longtime subscriber. It is my reading material when I am multi-tasking. I like the articles and pictures! 
    The red looks really nice ,with those wheels and the black. It seems like the 10 speed auto is programmed quite well. 
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/19 06:38:17 (permalink)
    kram36
    Sajin
    kram36
    Afterburner
    kram36

No it's not, love my Porsche, it's not going anywhere. I am very impressed with the Camaro line up and will continue talk about them.

Oops. That was embarrassing...

The Old Boss 302 Beats Brand New Camaro GT4 in Pirelli World Challenge Season Opener Double header, both races

http://autoweek.com/article/other-racing-column/ford-ruins-camaro-gt4-debut-pirelli-world-challenge-gts-race-st-pete 

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/19 22:49:14 (permalink)

Hate to be different here, but I've always preferred the Trans Am.      =)

(2016 model pictured)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/19 22:59:51 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Hate to be different here, but I've always preferred the Trans Am.      =)

(2016 model pictured)

I have to agree with you on that one.
    The Firebird/TA always looked better than the Camaro did.

Dukman
    FTW Member
    Re: The Camaro ZL1 1LE, do what? Wicked mean ride. 2017/03/20 06:38:34 (permalink)
    bill1024

I have to agree with you on that one.  The Firebird/TA always looked better than the Camaro did.

With or without the flaming chicken?     

Im also a big fan of the Trans Am.   1967 to 1969 its a toss up between the two.  1970.5 to 1972?  Camaro. As long as it's the split bumper or the Z28.  1973+?  Trans Am all the way from there.  

Heatware

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile