Thank you EVGA and the community

Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
2021/12/02 12:18:36 (permalink)

I think most people are aware by now that EVGA ended the Rewards/Affiliate Program on 11/12/2021 (that's the program involved with registering EVGA products). Just a quick thank you again to EVGA for supporting this program for the last 10 years or so, and also a thank you to the following people who registered their products using my Rewards/Affiliate code in November  - you are the very last of them:
XanderF 
andersdrrn (denied - but thanks for trying)

Also a big thank you to the 4 people who purchased items from the EVGA store in November using my Associate Code (and scored themselves a 3-10% discount in the process) - unfortunately EVGA doesn't provide names or I would have sent each of you a PM to thank you personally.

Very much appreciated. Cheers! 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

12 Replies Related Threads

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/02 18:28:31 (permalink)
    Honestly had no clue it ended :o 

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Qjimbo
    • Total Posts : 12
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/02 19:07:22 (permalink)
    I remember I got a good rebate on one of my EVGA power supplies too. Good quality products and treat their customers well.
    harley262
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 390
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/06 05:10:46 (permalink)
    nicely said op. nice program to have to foster/enforce brand loyalty.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/06 06:17:29 (permalink)
    harley262

It's gone, EVGA doesn't care about brand loyalty.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/06 07:38:41 (permalink)
    kram36
    harley262

lolwut?
    EVGA continues to be miles ahead of any competition with their service level, and that is a major factor in brand loyalty. Only the Rewards/Affiliate Program has ended btw, not the Associates Program, and that makes sense as the warranty now follows the product serial number, not the person who registered it (except with paid extended warranty), so keeping the Rewards/Affiliate Program running didn't make much sense. My understanding is that the Associates Program was meant to replace the Rewards/Affiliate Program anyway, but for whatever reason EVGA kept it running for years longer. I don't see a logical association in your comment that ending the Rewards/Affiliate Program = EVGA not caring about brand loyalty. Perhaps you thought the Associate Program was (also) ending...?

post edited by Nereus - 2021/12/06 07:48:44

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/06 07:45:03 (permalink)
    kram36
    harley262

EVGA still has the associates program which relies on people feeling telling family and friends about how they think EVGA makes a good product. I personally would not recommend a brand I don't trust to family or friends.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/06 08:20:58 (permalink)
    Nereus
    kram36
    harley262

lolwut?
    EVGA continues to be miles ahead of any competition with their service level, and that is a major factor in brand loyalty. Only the Rewards/Affiliate Program has ended btw, not the Associates Program, and that makes sense as the warranty now follows the product serial number, not the person who registered it (except with paid extended warranty), so keeping the Rewards/Affiliate Program running didn't make much sense. My understanding is that the Associates Program was meant to replace the Rewards/Affiliate Program anyway, but for whatever reason EVGA kept it running for years longer. I don't see a logical association in your comment that ending the Rewards/Affiliate Program = EVGA not caring about brand loyalty. Perhaps you thought the Associate Program was (also) ending...?

EVGA killed the Folding Bucks program. The people that kept EVGA's name at the top of folding list for years, enough that EVGA even advertised it on the packaging of video cards. Did long time loyal customers get the spin the wheel discount deal new members got? Nope. Did EVGA kick long time loyal members out of their queue spot and give them to new members? Yep.

The Associate Program that EVGA set up a scheme to where people would use only one person's Associate Code for a free T-Shirt and that person has more EVGA Bucks that they could ever spend so EVGA wouldn't have those EVGA Bucks used. Also if you're an Associate, you don't get the discount non Associate members do. However with the Affiliate Code it went both ways. You sure have a weird way of seeing Loyalty to long time customers.
    post edited by kram36 - 2021/12/06 11:45:14
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/06 18:32:53 (permalink)
    kram36
    Nereus
    kram36
    harley262

lolwut?

EVGA killed the Folding Bucks program. The people that kept EVGA's name at the top of folding list for years, enough that EVGA even advertised it on the packaging of video cards. Did long time loyal customers get the spin the wheel discount deal new members got? Nope. Did EVGA kick long time loyal members out of their queue spot and give them to new members? Yep.

The Associate Program that EVGA set up a scheme to where people would use only one person's Associate Code for a free T-Shirt and that person has more EVGA Bucks that they could ever spend so EVGA wouldn't have those EVGA Bucks used. Also if you're an Associate, you don't get the discount non Associate members do. However with the Affiliate Code it went both ways. You sure have a weird way of seeing Loyalty to long time customers.

Yeah I forgot about the folding program, that was sad - it's a great cause, and a lot of forum members continue to support it, fortunately. I ran it 24/7 for ~ a month last year, but our power bill was so freaking huge from it that I had to stop.

Spin the wheel... certainly that little bonus didn't exist when the Elite program started, but I don't think we could fairly have expected EVGA to have made it retroactive. Kind of like how they have keyboards with ~75% off right now - should everyone who purchased a keyboard in the past be refunded 75% of the cost because it's on sale now? Of course not. Same deal with spin the wheel.

Kicking long term members out of their queue spot? Hmm.. if you mean reducing members to 2 queued cards only, that was geared to stop scalpers who had reserved spots for every card that exists with multiple accounts, so I'm really not going to complain too hard about that one, and they didn't make the 2 card limit retroactive, and they gave plenty of notice for members to choose which reservations to keep, so again, there are very valid reasons for that. Tough times call for tough decisions. Ultimately, EVGA are doing more to help us legit buyers than anyone else, so I'm not going to fault them for doing what needed to be done.

The t-shirt thing certainly had me raising an eyebrow.. someone at EVGA didn't think that one through clearly at the time. I believe the way it worked is that Enewt 'donated' 50% of the cost of each t-shirt using his EVGA Bucks, but because the t-shirts were initially restricted to only people using his associate code to get one (along with a GPU), he actually made significantly more than what it cost him, at the expense of every other associate member in existence, so yeah, I wasn't impressed with that either. It was pretty sleazy, but then again I have come to expect that, despite his oh-so-humble mannerisms... Apparently some people must have spoken out about it, and I believe the t-shirt thing was then changed to include the codes of some special group of top associate members, but I never saw a list of who those people were or their codes. Did you see it? Of course if you say anything about the guy, he has a whole team of sycophants who will attack you for daring to question his integrity and selfless ways... so yes, you have my agreement on that last point. I don't put this on EVGA's shoulders though. Fortunately the t-shirt scheme only ran for a short time.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/12/06 18:48:28

Beowulfcav
    • Total Posts : 30
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/07 23:23:09 (permalink)
    Sad to see it go but I hope EVGA keeps coming up with ways to keep the customers feeling rewarded and keep that brand loyalty high.
    weasel333
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 354
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/15 12:26:11 (permalink)

MY MINI-ITX BUILD       
    latenightlexi
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/17 19:37:54 (permalink)
    Wait what so no 24h early release access?
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Thank you EVGA and the community 2021/12/17 20:29:29 (permalink)
    latenightlexi
    Wait what so no 24h early release access?

The 24 hour early release access is for Elite members. The ending of the Rewards/Affiliate Program has no impact on that, nor does it have any impact on the Associate Program.

Of course EVGA may make further changes in the future, but that's how things stand right now.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/12/17 20:32:48

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile