Temtem's stability has improved thanks to a post-launch update

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/01/23 00:02:17 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/temtem_s_stability_has_improved_thanks_to_a_post-launch_update/1

Temtem's early access launch as a disaster, with server issues greeting players with lengthy log-in delays and queues that spanned thousands of players. Those who managed to get into the game were then greeted with long pauses before battles and random logouts. These issues then placed players at the back of the queue once again, allowing these issues to repeat themselves.   

Thankfully, these early issues have seemingly been addressed, allowing players to log into Temtem with ease and play the game without fear of server issues. We've managed to play the game for over an hour now without any issues, which hopefully means that the game's server problems are behind them. 

Crema, the developer behind Temtem, has released several serverside and clientside patches to address Temtem's early issues. These patches appear to have had a positive impact on Temtems stability, though we will have to wait and see how Temtem's servers fare in the long term. 

Temtem is an early access title which aims to become a multiplatform alternative to GameFreak's Pokemon series. The game's Steam early access edition features around 50% of the game's content and is due to release in Q3 2021. Console editions of the game are also planned for after the game's PC release. 

It s my understanding this is a very nice family game and if so will bring a good gaming experience to consoles. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Temtem's stability has improved thanks to a post-launch update 2020/01/23 01:44:39 (permalink)
    I'm still going to keep on calling it "Pokemon Not". I watched people stream this game and wondered who is this supposed to appeal to? People are behaving like mindless cattle herding towards this game over the last 48 hours. Are people actually getting this because their favorite variety streamers are spending a day to stream it, or is it actually a game that has game mechanics that are fun and novel? I'm questioning that critical thinking is playing any role in people buying this game. 
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2020/01/23 01:54:12
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Temtem's stability has improved thanks to a post-launch update 2020/01/23 10:12:57 (permalink)
    good to see they updated the game & improved stability

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile