EVGA

Technical help - Just started getting intermittent crackling/static when stream starts

Author
burgeoningdrummer
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/14 11:43:24 (permalink)
I purchased the XR1 about a month ago and it was working really great until a few days ago. I noticed that everything is working fine when I set it up. The audio is clear and normal, but as soon as I start streaming I get some audio crackling and I can't figure out why. I have tried it in OBS studio as well as Streamlabs. The only thing that I had changed was that I got a new 1440p monitor and used it to replace an old 1080p monitor. None of this crackling noise was happening until I switched out the monitor and it only happens when I start steaming.

Previously I was streaming using a Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Switch, and PS3 (no hdcp)... When I stream PC games on OBS Studio and Streamlabs this crackling doesn't happen.
Here is my system:

Motherboard
   Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro (wifi)
Processor
   AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Memory
   Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 2 x 8GB 3600   
GPU
   EVGA - GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA GAMING 8GB GDDR6

Here is what I have tried:
- Restarting Computer
- Changing source resolution
- Changing monitor resolution
- Changing HDMI cables
- Updating Windows
- Adding audio as a separate source
- Using/removing hdmi splitter
- Removing other usb devices
- Removing other audio devices in sound settings
- Using other usb ports
- Disconnecting the 1440p monitor 
- Changing consoles to see if it was only occurring on one console
- Resetting the XR1 by long-pressing the knob
- Reset to factory through XR1 RGB software
- Uninstall XR1 RGB Software
- Re-install XR1 RGB software
- Updating motherboard BIOS to latest version
- Re-installing OBS

I am going to see if I can borrow a different capture card from a friend to test and later today. Also, I will try to see if I can set up this XR1 on my brother's computer to test. Other than that, I am not sure what else I can test. If anyone has any suggestions of things to try I would greatly appreciate it.

**UPDATE** Just tried an Elgato capture card and it didn't have any of the audio crackling that I get with the XR1. 
**UPDATE #2** I just took it over and tried it on my brother's system and it has the same crackling sound going on. Unless anyone out there knows about anything that can fix it, I'm going to reach out to support to return it.

post edited by burgeoningdrummer - 2021/03/14 15:34:17

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile