Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions

Author
atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 25
2019/04/16 15:13:29 (permalink)
Fellow forum members, Mods and Techs, I am not familiar with Bluetooth, please share your knowledge respectively. 

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G

9 Replies Related Threads

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/04/16 15:20:55 (permalink)
    My knowledge on this is the following :

Pair from 1 device to another and data is magically transferred.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/04/16 15:39:45 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    My knowledge on this is the following :

Pair from 1 device to another and data is magically transferred.

Thank you for sharing is there anything else beside those functions? I just want to know if you can turn ON any device connected through Bluetooth? Is there a higher risk of having data transfer through Bluetooth or Wifi?

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    xTemon
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 376
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/01 21:54:07 (permalink)
    Bluetooth is generally considered to create vulnerabilities in Cell Phones and other devices when enabled, but as far as Data transfer goes, it is probably much more stable than some alternatives, but much slower than wifi.

tbh, it's a lot of information and it's probably easier to just read the wiki article. Pretty hard to summarize that. Obviously, PS4 Controllers connect via bluetooth, and use it to turn on the PS4. I believe some PCs can also have bluetooth enabled as a security feature, where if the security device connected to them is not in proximity, they remain locked. 

It's a very useful technology, but everything has its Pros and Cons. Available listening port, (receiving bluetooth transmission can create a vulnerability which allows the Master device sending the transmission to take control of the bluetooth enabled device), short range, [Class 3 ~1m; Class 2 ~10m; Class 1 (Industrial) ~100m], Low Data transfer rates of 1-3 Mb/s, (Technically that's also a pro in some ways, given it makes it less vulnerable to direct data transfer via bluetooth, but only for large files which are probably less concerning than smaller ones), High and Low power modes provide 79 or 40 channels respectively, which allow the use of Adaptive Frequency-hopping to improve resistance to radio frequency interference, which is why it tends to be more stable, and what makes it great for wireless controllers and other HID devices.

Wiki is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

Whoever put that up did a great job; wikipedia is usually good, but that page is much more information oriented than usual. 
    albiss
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 127
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/05 17:01:53 (permalink)
    atfrico
    Fellow forum members, Mods and Techs, I am not familiar with Bluetooth, please share your knowledge respectively. 

Hi,

Something to know about keyboards that are Bluetooth only, you won't be able to go in the BIOS.
    You'll need to use either a standard corded keyboard or a wireless keyboard with dongle.
    I use a very nice Logitech K810, and even though my motherboard has integrated Bluetooth, it's a no go.

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/05 20:12:15 (permalink)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/05 20:17:23 (permalink)
    As for security for data transfers over Bluetooth the limited range of the signal helps created a level of security. It's range is about one or two rooms away. In a public location of course it's not that secure but in a house it's very secure just by the limited range of having to have the data stolen inside your home. In an apartment it would take them living like next door or above or below your apartment. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/05 20:38:38 (permalink)
    What do you want to use Bluetooth for ?

How Bluetooth Works

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/05 21:32:54 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    What do you want to use Bluetooth for ?

How Bluetooth Works

Between your link and mine, I think he should be able to understand it better.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    albiss
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 127
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Technical Knowledge of Bluetooth and functions 2019/05/06 05:14:15 (permalink)
    Something else to consider, make sure to buy the latest Gen, which is Bluetooth 5.
    It is retro compatible with previous generations.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile