THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Slayer6x
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 154
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 15:24:04 (permalink)
my point is i think a lot feel mislead on what the que meant. everyone said this was the best shot at a card and elite members were something to be excited and proud of.. maybe if they were a little more honest about your chances. i personally know more new egg winners than evga que

ipaine
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 15:38:29 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Although it may seem difficult to purchase graphics cards at this time, we've been doing the best we can to create the ability for EVGA customers, EVGA fans, and people interested in EVGA products to have an opportunity to purchase a card.  It hasn't always been smooth sailing; in fact it's been a pretty rough ride for anyone trying to use EVGA.com during an "on-shelf" day, including us.  Nobody is pretending otherwise.

Remember, it was roughly 9 months ago when everyone was shocked at how quickly graphics card supplies were purchased not just at EVGA, but at all of our largest resellers and retailers.  Cards disappeared so quickly, in fact, that customers demanded action taken against a variety of problems, such as bots, scalpers, and cryptominers - and now against new forum members who are just as desperate to find a card as long-time EVGA members.  Although many factors have played a part in making availability difficult, unprecedented demand is the ultimate culprit here.

I've seen a lot of opinions in this thread purporting to explain EVGA's feelings towards members, towards customers, and the industry as a whole.  Yes, we're a business, but end-user customers have always been an integral part of the foundation of EVGA and that has not and will never change.  While it's true that we could probably sell any card in this environment without much effort (and at any price), we have not taken the easy road or the most profitable.  Instead:
  • When it became clear at the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090/3080 launches how difficult selling 30 Series cards would be on our website, we created a notification queue instead of giving our entire stock of graphics cards to our authorized resellers, retailers, and distributors. Moreover, we've kept several products as EVGA.com exclusives, which can only be purchased here.
  • We were the last AIB to raise prices on our store as the industry faced a global pandemic and chip shortages, even going so far as to honor lower pricing for several months for people in the notify queue and Step-Up queue.
  • We've expanded our EVGA Elite program not just with VGA products but also a wide variety of other products, including a 24hr window to enter the notify queue.  Most of you don't yet realize how much of a difference this will make to your queue times.
  • Far too many small changes to list geared towards reducing fraud, blocking multiple purchases by the same person, and other practices that help to move the various queues forward.  
Those of you who have been here a long time know that we usually disclose as little information as necessary regarding internal operations.  Contrary to what was mentioned earlier:
GTXMan
EVGA like is fully aware their sites can't handle the capacity when it's for products this high in demand but if you think it's reasonable for them to spend a bunch of money to revamp their infrastructure to handle events which are relatively rare, you're being unreasonable. Nobody is going to do that.

Actually, this is exactly what we did, and continue to do so.  I realize that many of you might think that's crazy given how difficult each launch has been, but demand and web hits continue to increase each time products are set to notify or go in-stock.  We're not done improving our site yet and will continue to make improvements to our infrastructure until the experience is how we would expect to be treated as customers.  

Lastly, to those of you who feel that we have fallen short of your expectations, we do apologize and we are working to make each launch better.  We've seen a lot of feedback, seen the errors you all run into, and none of this is being ignored.  Be patient with us while we do so, even as we continue to improve the experience for everyone.

Sincerely,
EVGA

Thanks for the post and I have a few things to say and from what I have seen here the vast majority of loyal long time customers of yours would agree with.
  • Bringing in the queue system was a great idea
  • Adding the 24 hour Elite queue was an even better idea
  • Trying your best to battle bots/fraud/etc is also very much appreciated.
  • Trying to improve the infrastructure to make things go smoother was also a great and appreciated move.
  • But adding the ability to purchase Elite status on Twitch or by basically spamming 100 posts basically ruins the above.
Honestly I still love my Evga video cards, hell after a quick count I have 16 cards showing in my products along with a CLC and 2 hybrid kits. But you really did let us down with the changing of the requirements for elite. I firmly believe you would not be having the crash issues (as much) if you had kept it as it was before. Frankly the requirements for elite should be a certain number of products registered and/or a dollar amount, that way someone buying a 3080 would get in, but so would someone who has bought a keyboard, mouse, and a couple psu's or something like that. I also think that active/long time forum members should be able to get in as well, something like a minimum of a year and over 100 posts or something. 

If that is how it had been done then you would not be seeing the complaints as much as you are. Oh and don't get me started on the spin the wheel, which is great if offered to all elite, not just the ones that twitched/spammed their way in. That was just another slap in the face of long time elite members.

All in all, Evga you are doing a good job and are significantly better than any of the rest, you just made a mistake opening up the elite. We do appreciate the work and hope you continue to try your hardest for your customers. 

P.S. Please get more 3080Ti FTW Hybrids, I'm about 6.5 minutes back and would really love one. 
ShurikenTenshi
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6390
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 15:39:53 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Although it may seem difficult to purchase graphics cards at this time, we've been doing the best we can to create the ability for EVGA customers, EVGA fans, and people interested in EVGA products to have an opportunity to purchase a card.  It hasn't always been smooth sailing; in fact it's been a pretty rough ride for anyone trying to use EVGA.com during an "on-shelf" day, including us.  Nobody is pretending otherwise.

Remember, it was roughly 9 months ago when everyone was shocked at how quickly graphics card supplies were purchased not just at EVGA, but at all of our largest resellers and retailers.  Cards disappeared so quickly, in fact, that customers demanded action taken against a variety of problems, such as bots, scalpers, and cryptominers - and now against new forum members who are just as desperate to find a card as long-time EVGA members.  Although many factors have played a part in making availability difficult, unprecedented demand is the ultimate culprit here.

I've seen a lot of opinions in this thread purporting to explain EVGA's feelings towards members, towards customers, and the industry as a whole.  Yes, we're a business, but end-user customers have always been an integral part of the foundation of EVGA and that has not and will never change.  While it's true that we could probably sell any card in this environment without much effort (and at any price), we have not taken the easy road or the most profitable.  Instead:
  • When it became clear at the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090/3080 launches how difficult selling 30 Series cards would be on our website, we created a notification queue instead of giving our entire stock of graphics cards to our authorized resellers, retailers, and distributors. Moreover, we've kept several products as EVGA.com exclusives, which can only be purchased here.
  • We were the last AIB to raise prices on our store as the industry faced a global pandemic and chip shortages, even going so far as to honor lower pricing for several months for people in the notify queue and Step-Up queue.
  • We've expanded our EVGA Elite program not just with VGA products but also a wide variety of other products, including a 24hr window to enter the notify queue.  Most of you don't yet realize how much of a difference this will make to your queue times.
  • Far too many small changes to list geared towards reducing fraud, blocking multiple purchases by the same person, and other practices that help to move the various queues forward.  
Those of you who have been here a long time know that we usually disclose as little information as necessary regarding internal operations.  Contrary to what was mentioned earlier:
GTXMan
EVGA like is fully aware their sites can't handle the capacity when it's for products this high in demand but if you think it's reasonable for them to spend a bunch of money to revamp their infrastructure to handle events which are relatively rare, you're being unreasonable. Nobody is going to do that.

Actually, this is exactly what we did, and continue to do so.  I realize that many of you might think that's crazy given how difficult each launch has been, but demand and web hits continue to increase each time products are set to notify or go in-stock.  We're not done improving our site yet and will continue to make improvements to our infrastructure until the experience is how we would expect to be treated as customers.  

Lastly, to those of you who feel that we have fallen short of your expectations, we do apologize and we are working to make each launch better.  We've seen a lot of feedback, seen the errors you all run into, and none of this is being ignored.  Be patient with us while we do so, even as we continue to improve the experience for everyone.

Sincerely,
EVGA

Seriously thank you for the response, I'm sitting here still seething but this does make it feel much better.

I know not much can be said but is there anything going to be done for those of us who signed up to the elite program back when and still just kind of stuck spinning our wheels while some of our "perks" expire before we can even use them while these new accounts that spammed posts are getting to use them?

Just really blows each time we attempt to get into somewhere can't do it. 

Just feel like more could be done like those who have gotten a SKU are pushed back to the end of the line on their other SKUs to make way for other users.  This in theory would make skus move along quicker and also cut down on these dirt bag bots who "snipe" everything real quick
post edited by ShurikenTenshi - 2021/06/15 15:49:34

12G-P5-3953-KR     6/30/2021 6:23:47 AM PT YES!
10G-P5-3899-KR  6/23/2021 6:01:36 AM PT No    
10G-P5-3889-KR  6/23/2021 6:01:12 AM PT No  
24G-P5-3979-KR  6/23/2021 6:00:45 AM PT No  
12G-P5-3968-KR  6/3/2021 8:15:04 AM PT No   
10G-P5-3898-KR  12/17/2020 7:55:06 AM PT No 
Slayer6x
Superclocked Member
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 15:45:57 (permalink)
totally agree ipaine and i may not even qualify with those. i only have 7 evga products. but its too late for me. i might come back after things are normal and this is fixed. but sadly as of now i gotta go give scalper my money. they were the only real stock available. i know evga is doing what they can but it doesnt help those that need a card now. and while they continue allowing ppl to buy 1 card per sku that is 100 percent open offers to scalpers.. i didnt wake up and decide it was bash on evga day.. but someone has to show them their discrepancies and see how shady things can look sometimes on their end

irenicus785
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 161
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 15:53:58 (permalink)
GTXMan

Anyway we're talking about getting in a queue for computer parts, not a life-saving medical procedure. Calling it "disgusting" as if someone from EVGA personally targeted you and logged you out is way over the top.

One thing EVGA can and should do is remove the 100-posts-for-elite-status nonsense. I don't know what the requirements should be but the notion people can join the forum, post a bunch of crap quickly and become a member when others here have actually been loyal to EVGA products over the years and registered them to prove it is silly. May as well make everyone "elite" or nobody at all.

Well, the requirement can't be "Hey purchase a 3xxx card" cause many of us (including me,) were entirely unable to purchase one.

One thing I do find a bit odd, but I respect, are the many return/honest posters (elite members for sure) who already own a 3090 or vanilla 3080 competing with the many of use stuck without any 3xxxx card, 2 or even 3 gens behind queuing up ahead of us many and or joining in with the rant...

Every gamer/consumer has the right to buy as many or multiple skus, but geeze, can't find fault with EVGA, i find fault with the greed of consumers... That's why we are all here anyway? Yes... Yea.

I haven't read every poster's signature on this thread, but in other threads, many have 2 or 3 SKU's of the 3 series which begs the question, ****, are they still buying cards? Yes, I imagine 'many' of these elites are scalpers too.

EDIT:
(I just read EVGA's post in this thread and many of the points raised are comforting... but yea, I don't find fault with EVGA, they really have done the 'best' with what, legitimately a novel situation for the world at best.)

If anything, I find fault with 'NVIDIA' for setting a really astronomically high MSRP on the 3080ti, which is already an inflated Tax-broken tech year.
post edited by irenicus785 - 2021/06/15 16:02:54

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:44:34 AM PT Yes

CPU ~Intel 12700k (no OC)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 5600

CASE: Cosair 680X Crystal (glass/high airflow)
GPU ~EVGA 3080ti FTW3

PSU ~EVGA 1000 WATT Sli/Ready
MOBO ~ASUS Strix Gaming E [Z690]
Monitors ACER Predator Gsync 144hz 1440p
OS ~ Windows 11 Pro
AIO: corsair capellix h115i 280mm

nN117
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 16:02:34 (permalink)
If requirment would be "only RTX3xxx owners" it should be called "ULTRA-SUPER-ELITE MY ASS", since its unreal to buy.
ShurikenTenshi
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 16:04:14 (permalink)
irenicus785
GTXMan

Anyway we're talking about getting in a queue for computer parts, not a life-saving medical procedure. Calling it "disgusting" as if someone from EVGA personally targeted you and logged you out is way over the top.

One thing EVGA can and should do is remove the 100-posts-for-elite-status nonsense. I don't know what the requirements should be but the notion people can join the forum, post a bunch of crap quickly and become a member when others here have actually been loyal to EVGA products over the years and registered them to prove it is silly. May as well make everyone "elite" or nobody at all.

Well, the requirement can't be "Hey purchase a 3xxx card" cause many of us (including me,) were entirely unable to purchase one.

One thing I do find a bit odd, but I respect, are the many return/honest posters (elite members for sure) who already own a 3090 or vanilla 3080 competing with the many of use stuck without any 3xxxx card, 2 or even 3 gens behind queuing up ahead of us many and or joining in with the rant...

Every gamer/consumer has the right to buy as many or multiple skus, but geeze, can't find fault with EVGA, i find fault with the greed of consumers... That's why we are all here anyway? Yes... Yea.

Big problem is we are competing with straight greed yeah.  So many of the cards are landing in hands of those who are just going to turn around and try to make a buck by reselling at a higher price.

Am I hurting for a card?  No, I'm still on a 1080 TI (Which was a pain in the rear end to get because again Crypto)  Now I am reliving it again with an even worse experience than the last time I wanted a GPU because of the same jackasses who turn around and buy up inventory and resell.

But what truly pisses me off is the fact that by the time I either get a 3080 it's going to be a nerfed Hashrate (I do Crypto on the side when I do not game) and I am paying MORE than those who don't have a nerfed hashrate as well as the "elite perks" will be done expired.  Then I have a glimmer of hope by opening my wallet more for a possible to get a 3080 TI and still stuck in the mud and slapped in the face with these recent developments  Which ever I get first and that's a buy and it's it just, just overall seething that I can't do anything like many of you because we have to deal with scalping jackasses out there or those hell bent on making their garage a mining room.

post edited by ShurikenTenshi - 2021/06/15 16:09:24

Slayer6x
Superclocked Member
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 16:07:18 (permalink)
i think he means more like the price equivalent to the 3080. meaning yes a gpu would get you access but so could a few other evga parts combined.. if there's no real requirements to join then is it even a elite membership lol
irenicus785
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 161
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 16:33:09 (permalink)
ShurikenTenshi
irenicus785
GTXMan

Big problem is we are competing with straight greed yeah.  So many of the cards are landing in hands of those who are just going to turn around and try to make a buck by reselling at a higher price.

Am I hurting for a card?  No, I'm still on a 1080 TI (Which was a pain in the rear end to get because again Crypto)  Now I am reliving it again with an even worse experience than the last time I wanted a GPU because of the same jackasses who turn around and buy up inventory and resell.

But what truly pisses me off is the fact that by the time I either get a 3080 it's going to be a nerfed Hashrate (I do Crypto on the side when I do not game) and I am paying MORE than those who don't have a nerfed hashrate as well as the "elite perks" will be done expired.  Then I have a glimmer of hope by opening my wallet more for a possible to get a 3080 TI and still stuck in the mud and slapped in the face with these recent developments  Which ever I get first and that's a buy and it's it just, just overall seething that I can't do anything like many of you because we have to deal with scalping jackasses out there or those hell bent on making their garage a mining room.

It's a pain, a very crappy deal for us long-time consumers indeed... (I see you beat me registering your account by at least a full-year, haha, nice!)

We are indeed rocking the same card, so yes, you're right we can still 'game' comfortably for the most part, 1440p for some games and others 1080p without rtx ->_<-

Fortunately for me, I don't mine crypto. Yea, legit gamers/miners received a crap deal out of this for certain...

Hoping we can all at least grab a single dang card to our liking... Then, ill disappear from the forums for another GPU generation (lol.) I'm definitely skipping 4xxxx series (and possibly 5xxx) if I can land a single 3080ti here and things go like this next gen.

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:44:34 AM PT Yes

CPU ~Intel 12700k (no OC)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 5600

CASE: Cosair 680X Crystal (glass/high airflow)
GPU ~EVGA 3080ti FTW3

PSU ~EVGA 1000 WATT Sli/Ready
MOBO ~ASUS Strix Gaming E [Z690]
Monitors ACER Predator Gsync 144hz 1440p
OS ~ Windows 11 Pro
AIO: corsair capellix h115i 280mm

ShurikenTenshi
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 16:44:28 (permalink)
irenicus785
ShurikenTenshi
irenicus785
GTXMan

It's a pain, a very crappy deal for us long-time consumers indeed... (I see you beat me registering your account by at least a full-year, haha, nice!)

We are indeed rocking the same card, so yes, you're right we can still 'game' comfortably for the most part, 1440p for some games and others 1080p without rtx ->_<-

Fortunately for me, I don't mine crypto. Yea, legit gamers/miners received a crap deal out of this for certain...

Hoping we can all at least grab a single dang card to our liking... Then, ill disappear from the forums for another GPU generation (lol.) I'm definitely skipping 4xxxx series (and possibly 5xxx) if I can land a single 3080ti here and things go like this next gen.

Yeah been around and did a lot with the community during my High School years when I first joined up and played with the EGC crew in Battlefield as well as did a lot of Folding at Home when I had all those cards.

Yeah my 1080 TI still kicks tail but I want to see my games in RTX and in the pretty graphics.  I've been trying to get passed the play low and competitive stuff for a while now and just want my games to look pretty and be immersed in them.

Also yeah I am getting the short end of the stick in terms of anti mining measures.   I mine on the side during the day with my two systems for passive income.  I have my main desktop with my 1080 TI and my laptop with a 1060 in it and having $5 a day just doing "nothing" is pretty nice.

SignorMagnifico
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 17:17:15 (permalink)
Your anger and frustration at the situation is completely understandable. Many of us are in the same boat. I'm sure that if EVGA could, they would sell us cards. The unfortunate reality is that the shortage is completely out of their control, and they still have to operate as a business. They're going above and beyond in my opinion to give elite members 24 hour priority access to ordering and implementing queue systems. Many other retailers didn't even go that far. They've made the best of a bad situation, but it's still a bad situation anyway. Maybe in 2023 things will get better.
ysesq
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 17:31:59 (permalink)
the 100 post whining is silly.
maybe they should implement a 10 card purchase as a minimum for elite members.
then only scalpers can get in and you would be whining about how elite members are all scalpers.
yes there are a lot of spammers who can get into elite. but there are also a lot of gamers who can get in or otherwise wouldnt have a shot at elite. and scalpers can outbuy you 1000:1 so dont think just because you added a restriction on evga loyalty you would be able to get elite if the restriction you proposed are put in place.
evga has made the best it could of a bad situation. the reality is the evga elite queue is the only realistic way to get a card for those of us ineligible for the newegg shuffle or microcenter overnight camp outs.
i would prefer they just restrict it to 1 card queue per elite account with each account having a unique physical address. if you want a 3090 theres no real point in having you sign up for 50 different queues only to end up buying a 3060 and using the step up program and paying shipping both ways to upgrade it to the card you want. but they wont do that since they would like you to buy a random card instead and maximize the $$$ they pocket by nullifying all your discounts in the step up program.

Kevin115
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 184
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 17:38:55 (permalink)
Malcomm
This may look like just another angry rant but its justified. let me start by saying I've been a long time evga customer. for the last several generations of cards, I've only bought the flagship TI and only from evga. I've only ever bought evga power supplies. I even only bought evga stuff for the pc's ive built for my numerous family members. I earned my elite status. for the last 4 announced 30 series cards I've been trying to secure my place in queue. I wake up early, I log in on all my devices and as soon as the auto notify link shows up I'm ready to go. Only to be hit with "site is currently at full capacity". ok after the first time I get it. second go around ok kind of annoying but ill deal with it. HOWEVER, this last time ( 3080 ti xc hydro copper) really opened my eyes to who you people are. This last time really sent me over. My loyalty and my respect have rapidly declined. all the previous times it took HOURS to finely be able to enter the queue even though I was at it the minute they became available. THIS TIME WAS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WAS WORSE. I almost immediately got to the screen where it asks for name and address, i enter that info and bam. CAPTCHA WAS NOT RECOGNIZED. half hour of that and you auto log me out. YOU LOGGED ME OUT AND I COULDNT LOG BACK IN.  ITs now 2.5 hours later and Im just now being able to log back in. O but guess what, SAME FULL CAPACITY and when i finally get past that, your captcha STILL WONT WORK. Then im back to "SITE AT FULL CAPACITY"  im tired of hitting F5 to be greeted with "SITE IS AT FULL CAPACITY". this is just disgusting. did you not figure it out the last 4 times that there would be mad people trying. why is it that it literally takes ME TWO HOURS to even get in. every. single. time. WHY did you let a bunch of people gain elite when they did nothing to deserve it. Im stuck not in queue while someone who spammed 100 dumb messages gets in line before me and im left in the dust. i know im not the only one to feel this way. ive had friends wait in line for as little as 3 hours before microcenter opens and they got cards? 3090's, 3080's even 3080 tis. meanwhile ive spent around 6 total hours of F5 and either cant even get in queue or am literally hours behind. I imagine this is what it feels like to be cheated on, except worse. as of writing this ive givin up and decided to go watch some spongebob with my 2 year old daughter. i was cussing out screens, she walks up hugs me says "dada okay".  ATLEAST SHE TREATS ME LIKE A TRUE "ELITE MEMBER". get bent

The last part is really heart warming. I wish I have a daughter too.
Like she said, it's okay.
Take a good care of your family.
ExcaliburXVII
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 160
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 17:51:03 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

GTXMan

Sincerely,
EVGA

Just wanted to say thank you for the thoughtful response. I've been pretty frustrated, being unable to even load the site at all for up to an hour and never just getting into the queue when the site starts loading, and that made me feel a lot better about EVGA.

Associate Code: 3KT9LJMFUXTWFV8

tsbond
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 273
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 17:56:04 (permalink)
If you ring a cowbell over your head while hitting notify button it gives you a 65.49039% bonus to getting in the first time.

Your spouses early morning response time could vary...
demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:03:06 (permalink)
TheGuz4L
Just wait til the 4080 series next year when 100,000 more people are Elite members.  I think we need an EliteElite queue next

Also not letting us old Elite members 'spin the wheel' is kind of messed up. There are people in discord, gaming the 100 post system to get multiple spins.   They should just remove the 100 post requirement and twitch 5000 channel point requirement.  Too easy IMO.

I agree ive tried mutiple times even tweeting at jacob but get ignored or in supports case told sorry there is no way for exisiting members. so meanwhile some person can spam 100 post to a big discount and im stuck with sorry you joined early on GGs

TheGuz4L
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:04:46 (permalink)
I don’t know what the short term solution to this elite queue is, but what I do know is EVGA doesn’t want their retail site down for HOURS at a time and people who want to buy power supplies and other products can’t even do that. That can’t be good for business.

The problem only gets worse as thousands and thousands will be getting elite status for the 4080 series next year. The 24 hours elite queue may need to change to something else moving forward.
earlmarinus
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:05:47 (permalink)
Wow we need a hundred post on forums. I am new to the forums as never needed them but have bought EVGA for alot of years now.
naweaver
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:09:46 (permalink)

emath89
goodgoodstudy
Why not post your comment with your elite account? 

Just because he doesn't have 100 posts doesn't mean he's not Elite lol

I don't have 100 posts and I've been an Elite member for a long time. 

Anyways, I 100% agree with OP.  But what can you do? 

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ULTRA
AMD Ryzen 9 3850
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 
2xCorsair 1TB MP600 Force
EVGA 1080 SC<-waiting on 3080
q437637
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:14:24 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Yo appreciate the reply, but will there be any action taken to address spam posters getting Elite membership? Its one thing they are on the forum helping people, but its another to get Elite membership spamming 100+ posts. Looks like there wont be any action taken? 

I mean when someone who has been buying EVGA products for 5,10+ years (lets say a GPU every 2 years, plus other components) gets the same treatment as spam posters... Another issue is the server during launch event, separate from Elite membership being devalued. 
demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:16:29 (permalink)
q437637
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

Yo appreciate the reply, but will there be any action taken to address spam posters getting Elite membership? Its one thing they are on the forum helping people, but its another to get Elite membership spamming 100+ posts. Looks like there wont be any action taken? 

I mean when someone who has been buying EVGA products for 5,10+ years (lets say a GPU every 2 years, plus other components) gets the same treatment as spam posters... Another issue is the server during launch event, separate from Elite membership being devalued. 
or worse treatment since they get to spin the discount wheel
tsbond
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 273
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:17:30 (permalink)
I have seen a couple of blatant spammers get the ban icon. So they do take action sometimes.
ipaine
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:26:14 (permalink)
Slayer6x
i think he means more like the price equivalent to the 3080. meaning yes a gpu would get you access but so could a few other evga parts combined.. if there's no real requirements to join then is it even a elite membership lol

Yea I meant that just as an example. 

Basically I just want it so that you can't just buy a $20 mouse and be an elite member. But someone who bought say a 1060 and a keyboard should be elite, or two 780ti cards or 5 psu's or some other amount of hardware that shows brand loyalty. That said I think someone who has been around for years and has plenty of posts should be able to be an elite member even if they don't have the products. I do believe that evga is doing a great job, with the exception of the elite program that is no longer very elite. Just watch the twitch stream for a little bit and you can easily get enough points to get elite, and those people don't even need to ever post here. Just buy their way into elite, spin for a coupon and then get into the queue.
Urieldagda
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:30:47 (permalink)
Heck I didn't get this pissed when I bought a 2070 Super to get in the queue (they didn't have the notify queue system at the time) and, since I'm disabled and on a fixed income, got screwed with the price increase and ate $500. Then again, maybe it's because I'm used to having things be worst case scenario bad.  But with shortages and tariffs I can't entirely blame EVGA. I should have waited. I'll probably wind up getting one of the cheaper EVGA 3080s after I get my rent rebate.. Or after being in the queue for several months after I get my rent rebate. LOL

Hopefully, no matter what, I'll have an 3080 by the end of the year. The only thing that makes me cringe is how I could have gotten a 3080 Ti with all the money I'll be spending in the end. But crap happens, and this, by far, is nowhere near the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Just calm down, go with the flow.  Let it go, there are a lot of people waiting with you during this shortage. Just gnash your teeth with the rest of us and go on with things. Hopefully by this time next year, there will be plenty of video cards to go around!
ShurikenTenshi
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:49:14 (permalink)
tsbond
I have seen a couple of blatant spammers get the ban icon. So they do take action sometimes.

Needs to happen more

melturface
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 18:50:37 (permalink)
I don't understand how someone could have joined the que in September and not got a card still unless they missed the email for some reason.
I myself have purchased a 3070, passed on a 3090 ultra and purchased a 3090 Kingpin. The que system does work and there are people who have set up lists to give people a idea of when they will get their cards. 

I have been a EVGA customer since I bought a 260 back over 15 years ago... They are trying pretty hard to service customers when they really don't have to, other companies are just saying tough luck try again....
nN117
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 19:00:17 (permalink)
melturface
I don't understand how someone could have joined the que in September and not got a card still unless they missed the email for some reason.
I myself have purchased a 3070, passed on a 3090 ultra and purchased a 3090 Kingpin. The que system does work and there are people who have set up lists to give people a idea of when they will get their cards. 

I have been a EVGA customer since I bought a 260 back over 15 years ago... They are trying pretty hard to service customers when they really don't have to, other companies are just saying tough luck try again....

There are you from? Its an important factor. I guess US?
cjfrankum
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 19:43:39 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

GTXMan

Sincerely,
EVGA

I literally could not laugh any harder at this utter PR BS.  "We upgraded our site" L.O.L. IT TOOK PEOPLE 2.5 HOURS TO GET ACCESS TO AUTO NOTIFY TODAY. If you DID upgrade - YOU FAILED. "Unprecedented demand"....that was an argument when 30xx launched in SEPTEMBER. IT IS MID-JUNE AND YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLE. If you can't launch at a reasonable amount and you can't produce at a reasonable amount and you can't have your web servers maintain traffic, YOU NEED TO SHUT DOWN UNTIL YOU CAN BE REASONABLY EFFECTIVE. But, alas, this won't happen. EVGA doesn't give a **** about me and doesn't give a **** about anyone who is reading this. They care about the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and that's all. As long as they can milk us for their money, they'll continue to hose us all.  But I will walk away. Already initiated returns on PSU, MB, and all peripherals I had recently ordered.
kemahudson
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 19:50:09 (permalink)
naweaver

emath89
goodgoodstudy
Why not post your comment with your elite account? 

Just because he doesn't have 100 posts doesn't mean he's not Elite lol

I don't have 100 posts and I've been an Elite member for a long time. 

Anyways, I 100% agree with OP.  But what can you do? 

And another here. :) I rarely post. But been around the forums since 2009.
mpoffo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 625
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: THE WAY EVGA TREATS LONG TIME CUSTOMERS IS DISGUSTING 2021/06/15 19:53:04 (permalink)
cjfrankum
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi everyone,

GTXMan

Sincerely,
EVGA

I literally could not laugh any harder at this utter PR BS.  "We upgraded our site" L.O.L. IT TOOK PEOPLE 2.5 HOURS TO GET ACCESS TO AUTO NOTIFY TODAY. If you DID upgrade - YOU FAILED. "Unprecedented demand"....that was an argument when 30xx launched in SEPTEMBER. IT IS MID-JUNE AND YOU HAVE FAILED MISERABLE. If you can't launch at a reasonable amount and you can't produce at a reasonable amount and you can't have your web servers maintain traffic, YOU NEED TO SHUT DOWN UNTIL YOU CAN BE REASONABLY EFFECTIVE. But, alas, this won't happen. EVGA doesn't give a **** about me and doesn't give a **** about anyone who is reading this. They care about the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and that's all. As long as they can milk us for their money, they'll continue to hose us all.  But I will walk away. Already initiated returns on PSU, MB, and all peripherals I had recently ordered.

Good Luck and Goodbye.
post edited by mpoffo - 2021/06/15 19:54:08

X299 System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x (4.4 GHz)| ASUS Rampage VI 
Extreme | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 
Corsair 900D | Corsair AX 1200i PSU | Corsair H115i Elite Capellix (in Push/Pull) | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra & 1080 8 GB
Samsung 870 PRO 2 TB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive 
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup | LG Blu-ray burner | Corsair AF 120 and 140 Fans
Acer x34 Predator (G-Sync) | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster PX2370  

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile