Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 06:43:49 (permalink)
jackrabbit2022
Michapolys
Maybe EVGA plans to go all out on the motherboard business again. They were known to do some great stuff like the x58 classified for example.

We shall eventually find out... sooner or later.

They cannot compete with ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte at this stage in the motherboards market. They are so far behind, it’s not even funny. Actually, it’s funny  

I think they can compete here, actually. Look at reviews for any of those recently (especially Gigabyte and MSI). They're all having a lot more quality control problems than they used to (well, some are consistently iffy, Asus has been slumping lately though). EVGA has definitely had a few duds, but for the most part, their motherboards are reliable and really good for people just looking for performance.

Areas they don't (and I'd prefer it stays that way) tend to compete well is having 90% of the board covered in plastic and RGB. I'm fine with that. If they keep up the dark aesthetic and go after performance at every price-point, I think they can grow their presence in the motherboard market substantially. They used to have really good uATX boards (my x99-micro2 was outstanding for years).

What they seem to be lacking right now is a little bit of the BIOS features and support that other companies with larger motherboard teams have. If they're not making graphics cards, they can easily put more resources into actually making that product-line better. As far as I know, it's the only one they completely design and manufacture (now that they've pulled out of GPUs). The power supplies are high margin because they're just rebranded supplies from OEM vendors. Most companies do this, so it isn't like EVGA is bad for doing this, but that's one that requires very little engineering from their perspective, making it a bit of a cash cow for them. I think they can now focus on a full line of Intel and AMD motherboards with their engineering groups and make them undoubtedly the best products on the market.

The only thing limiting them on their last couple years' worth of motherboards was low supply and being late to market. They've all reviewed very well. If they put their full focus on those, maybe they'll get them on the market sooner and with more supply. That way, when people go to buy their next board for a new CPU, they can compete.

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 10:24:56 (permalink)
Bottom line on EVGA GPU selling they ruled and are great company. I am going miss buying EVGA GPU's period.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
rocketdoug
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 11:09:10 (permalink)
I'm sitting here wondering what to do with my NIB 3080ti hybrid and NIB Z690 Classified.  Should I finally build that gaming computer and get some use out of the parts before the warranties expire, or keep them in wrapped box as collectibles?  I noticed that all the high end GPU's sold out really fast.

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 11:24:59 (permalink)
rocketdoug
I'm sitting here wondering what to do with my NIB 3080ti hybrid and NIB Z690 Classified.  Should I finally build that gaming computer and get some use out of the parts before the warranties expire, or keep them in wrapped box as collectibles?  I noticed that all the high end GPU's sold out really fast.

?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 12:02:24 (permalink)
rocketdoug

Go ahead build it and enjoy it.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 12:08:04 (permalink)
rocketdoug

Build it. The idea of it being collectible in the future is ok, but with the scalpers and crypto miners that bought a ton of product before the bubble burst and stock sky rocketed, I doubt they will ever become truly collectible as people do their best to recoup money they have lost.
rocketdoug
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 12:10:52 (permalink)
donta1979
rocketdoug

Go ahead build it and enjoy it.

Yes, of course. 

rocketdoug
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/19 12:15:15 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

Build it. The idea of it being collectible in the future is ok, but with the scalpers and crypto miners that bought a ton of product before the bubble burst and stock sky rocketed, I doubt they will ever become truly collectible as people do their best to recoup money they have lost.

I wonder how many miners are still holding on to dozens of GPU's thinking that some magical coin is coming to replace ETH?

RickJamesBish
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 579
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/24 12:49:32 (permalink)
I only bought video cards from EVGA, no motherboards or peripherals, and did so for the quality, warranty and step-up option. Without a video card line from them, they serve me no purpose. I don't mean that in a negative way. I hope they keep going. It is just fact in my case that they have nothing else that interests me.
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/24 13:53:07 (permalink)
donta1979
Do you know what it's like to be at retirement? Since Andrew Han forced Keith Rochford out after Keith built everything. Well Andrew Han has done very good for himself over the years. He has the money to let the company die and fall in on itself. He is done and made that very clear on the GN interview. Then losing a large chunk of revenue, sorry but it cost money to pay people who have been with EVGA for the past 10-20+ years. There is no way they can keep everyone on just motherboards and that department is dead in the water, power supplies, cables, cases and so on. If Han had the sense to start that off a long time ago back when he took over EVGA yes they could that is not the case. EVGA does not really make anything its all other company's products who make their stuff sadly. Did you listen to the GN interview at all? He is very done, not in debt, can walk away with all his money days ago and be fine. The fact he lied about Vince aka Kingpin are you really going to believe Andrew Han after that? Lying about the guy who made EVGA cards the best around that he has a plan. With Vince telling Patrick ummm no I do not have a plan I do not even know what I am going to do.

Next lets look at his statement they will fullfil warranty. Been over to b-stock as of late? The product pages? See the liquidation prices? I have. They will not have the hardware to honor RMA's for 3 years, let alone 5, 7 or 10. The fact they still offer the extended warranty right now is kind of scary and shady. I was going to buy my 7 year and kind of super hesitant because I know for a fact, they will not have 3090 TI's sitting around for 7 years nor will EVGA probably be around that long. The fact people's cards that have broken in less than 30 days that did RMA's and got a used b-stock card back when the policy is 30 days or less you get a new card. I have high doubts of support in the future. For the comical aspect of it lets say EVGA stays open with a small staff, with little products here and there. What are they going to call themselves? How about all the customers they can no longer help be it bios/firmware updates, they cannot offer a warranty to everyone that has issues because Andrew is currently selling everything to get rid of it for his walk away. EVGA's reputation will be tarnished, it is already bruised right now over this move as customers are going oh crap.

Andrew Han does not have the backbone or balls to stand up and talk to the community/consumers about the company his partner really built he took credit for in the interview. He had a closed door meeting with some reviewers no recording no nothing so the reviewers have to go from memory to maybe notes. He put poor Jacob out there to tell everyone on the forums. Nothing on EVGA's social media, their discord has become a zoo of angry customers, worried customers and trolls. So where is Andrew Han? Oh hiding like always behind his ego.

Sad thing is there is no going back now, this is the end. Nvidia don't play we saw that in the past when an aib toes the line.... Andrew Han is nowhere near on the level of nvidia to really do anything, nvidia will go ok bye, then the chips once allotted to EVGA will go to nvidia and their AIB partners who will gladly take any extra money they can get out of the once EVGA consumer audience. He should had put his feelings aside, appointed a board of current long-time staff to run the company as a board since he is not going to sell while he enjoys his retirement and family time. Showing up to make sure things are running ok, but his old partner co founder Keith would had been better at that honestly...

Absolutely ^^^^ .....remember Evga isnt your grandmother,,,,its simply another large Company that is about profits, no different than any other large US based company....it just a GPU, nothing more....my "loyalty" lies with those that provide the product I want, with a decent warranty .....thats it!
I certainly wouldnt "feel bad" for grandma EVGA and rush out and throw a bunch of $$$$ at a product they no longer support, not a wise move imho....
I have been building custom gamining pc's now going back to around 2003 ......yes I have used Evga GPU's since then, BUT I also use Asus motherboards.....Corsair psu's....Corsair RAM....no issues dealing with either of them for support or RMA...none.
So, the only EVGA in my builds that last number of years has been GPU's, aesthetics ?....dont really care as all I need is the PCB then it gets a water block....will I continue with my builds moving forward..absolutely!! Evga isnt the only supplier of quality GPU's....
We will see where Evga is in a year....would suggest dont hold your breath hoping for "support" with your 1-3 yr old RTX 30xx series Card.....
Been a great run.....time to move on.

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

yaggaz
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1509
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/09/26 20:12:19 (permalink)
DamonDelp
I see so many comments spreading doom and gloom, predicting the "death of EVGA", as if any CEO in their right mind would intentionally destroy their own company. 

lol at your whole post. It's the hundreds of major companies that are now dust from CEO's UNintentionally destroying their own company you seem to be forgetting about.  

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
getalife
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/10/08 03:26:26 (permalink)
Sadly, no more FTW3 ... RIP

Simply enthousiasmic about computer since 1992
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/10/08 03:54:56 (permalink)
I can't help it my hair is even falling off and I am worried EVGA should figure it out what it needs to do.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
QuintLeo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 946
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Stop Panicking About EVGA/NVIDIA Break 2022/10/12 05:42:28 (permalink)
Doesn't matter to me.
I stopped buying EVGA GPUs when they made the move from long-lasting ball bearing fans to cheap fancy-name sleeve bearing fans.
I've also mostly stopped consideration of their power supplies for the same reason - though they SEEM to be making a small move to bring ball bearing fans back in a couple of product lines.

Now that vorsholk has stopped his abuse, I'm returning to folding.
 I no longer MOO due to abuses by certain "whales" in the Gridcoin community - so I now work the Distributed.net project directly again.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile