EVGA

Hot!Step-up Clarification

Author
hyped1337
  • Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/19 09:44:36 (permalink)
Now can we get some clarification for all the dedicated folk who got on at 6am or 9am EST sharp to step-up? It's 2 full days post launch and nobody has responded to my ticket/emails and not even a confirmation email has been sent. I'm still in my 30 day window and might just decide to go back to microcenter every morning and try my luck to swap it out for the 3080 there if it will end up taking months (not a slight at you hard working folk at EVGA, just need the product in the end). Keep in mind I bought my 2070 on the 26th of AUGUST after an employee told me there was no new hardware to worry about lol. That aside please try to keep your customers up to date about ANY information regarding the step-up process via email or something. Even if you have none just say "We have no info at this time, please wait 5-7 business days"!

• Is it an organized queue system based on who signed up when? (I hope so, people are ordering cards now in hopes to get in the queue system)
  • When will first wave of step-up buyers get their cards sent out? (Please generalize this, because if its greater than 1 month for the 1st wave alone than we really should know) 

I know it must be incredibly busy for you guys but any response is truly appreciated and will answer a lot of lurking questions I know people want asked! 

post edited by hyped1337 - 2020/09/19 14:56:44

8 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2170
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/19 15:03:23 (permalink)
    I apologize for any delay in responding and I have replied to your ticket. You will receive an e-mail at each step of the process and if you did not receive an e-mail for starting the Step-Up please check your spam folder and make sure your spam filter is set to not mark e-mails from EVGA.com as spam.
    • The queue system is based when you start the Step-Up process.
    • We do not have an ETA for when the first 30 series cards will be shipped for Step-Ups. We try to balance the supply with the Step-Up program, our web-store, and our resellers and the payments would have to be made and the cards being Stepped-Up to would have to be sent in before we send the Stepped-Up card. They would not be sent in mass due to the way it is setup.

hyped1337
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/19 16:18:52 (permalink)
    Awesome, I really appreciate your response! Thank you guys for the hard work. I'll be sure to be patient :D
    DanChiarelli
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/20 18:05:15 (permalink)
    I was glad I found this as I was also really worried I was missing something. I was able to successfully initiate the step up process when the cards went live but due to the site crashing I was about an hour late to the party. However even though I can go into my account and see the step up ID and status saying In Queue, I have not received any confirmation email as of yet. I have checked my Junk box pretty aggressively as well and even double checked my email address but still nothing. My invoice was already uploaded prior to starting the step up too. Is there something I should have received by now?
    I appreciate any insight!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
    MOBO: Asus ROG Strix x470 Gaming-F
    GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra
    PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W 80+ Gold
    Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2, 1x Samsung 850 Evo Sata M.2, 1x Samsung 860 Evo Sata
    Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG
    rain2_usa
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 319
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/21 21:25:43 (permalink)
    DanChiarelli
    I was glad I found this as I was also really worried I was missing something. I was able to successfully initiate the step up process when the cards went live but due to the site crashing I was about an hour late to the party. However even though I can go into my account and see the step up ID and status saying In Queue, I have not received any confirmation email as of yet. I have checked my Junk box pretty aggressively as well and even double checked my email address but still nothing. My invoice was already uploaded prior to starting the step up too. Is there something I should have received by now?

You should definitely get a confirmation e-mail.  I eventually got one later in the day even though the site crashed after I submitted.  Maybe look in your inbox for "EVGA Step-Up RMA". Also double check your trash in case you deleted the e-mail thinking it was a response from the forums (if you get forum e-mail notifications, that is). 

Core i7 6700k
    Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
    2x8GB Team T-Force Vulcan Z 3200Mhz
    EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra
    Corsair AIO? with 3D Printed spacer
    Mushkin 240GB SSD
    1TB NVMe 
    1TB Seagate SSHD
    LG Black BD-Drive UH12NS30
    Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold
    Silverstone Grandia GD09B HTPC Case
    DanChiarelli
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/22 04:13:42 (permalink)
    Yea I just checked again and searched but nothing. It may have been a glitch since everything was crashing so much. I managed to take a picture of the message stating I should get an email. I might have to reach out to support later to make sure everything is still on track. If I don’t need the email for anything I am fine with it. As long as I don’t get skipped over or lose my spot.

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2, 1x Samsung 850 Evo Sata M.2, 1x Samsung 860 Evo Sata
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 6335
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/22 04:27:51 (permalink)
    DanChiarelli
    Yea I just checked again and searched but nothing. It may have been a glitch since everything was crashing so much. I managed to take a picture of the message stating I should get an email. I might have to reach out to support later to make sure everything is still on track. If I don’t need the email for anything I am fine with it. As long as I don’t get skipped over or lose my spot.

It never hurts to check with support just to make sure you are in the system for step up.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ScottWhitehead
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/22 18:59:03 (permalink)
    DanChiarelli
    exact same boat. I called that afternoon and they confirmed my info was in the system and I was good to go.
    DanChiarelli
    Re: Step-up Clarification 2020/09/23 08:13:37 (permalink)
    ScottWhitehead
    DanChiarelli
    exact same boat. I called that afternoon and they confirmed my info was in the system and I was good to go.

I ended up doing the same exact thing yesterday and the gentleman I talked to confirmed I was good to go too. Despite no email. Thanks for sharing and letting me know I am not the only one!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile