EVGA

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, etc

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102241
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/11/17 01:45:02 (permalink)
https://segmentnext.com/2019/11/16/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-crash-on-startup/

This article contains fixes for multiple issues on the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. 

Crash on Startup

Players on forums are reporting that they are facing constant crashing issues, especially on the second planet elevator. There are a few things that you can do to get rid of this error.
1. Update your graphics card drivers: If your graphics drivers are outdated, you may have the game crashing issue. In case this is the problem, try updating your GPU drivers to the latest version.
2. Disable full-screen optimization: Open the file location where Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is saved on your computer. Right-click on that file and select “Properties”. Click the “Compatibility” tab, and check the box next to “Disable full-screen optimizations”. Click “Apply” and OK to save your changes.
3. Stop Overclocking your CPU: Another reason for the game to crash at startup is because you’re running your CPU ar speeds higher than official speed rate. In that case, you should set your clock speed back to the default to fix this issue.

Game Not Launching

If for some reason the game is not launching at all, you should try verifying integrity of your game files in the Steam app. Here’s how you can do that:
Log into your Steam account. Go to “Library”, right-click “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order”, and click “Properties”. Click the “Local files” tab, and click “Verify Integrity Of Game Files”. Steam will check your game files and fix any files that might be causing trouble.
If the problem still persists, it’s likely that EA servers are overloaded. The game has just released, and with so many people trying to access it at the same time, you could suffer launch issues on PC. Hopefully, EA will take action and the problem should be fixed within a few hours.

Jedi Fallen Order Freezes and Stutter Fix

First things first, make sure your rig meets the game’s minimum and/or recommended requirements. If you don’t meet the system requirements, you’re likely to run into various performance issues including freezing, crashing, bad textures, and more.
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Minimum Requirements:
  • Processor (AMD): FX-6100 or Equivalent
  • Processor (Intel): i3-3220 or Equivalent
  • Memory: 8 GB
  • Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7750 or Equivalent
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 650 or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Hard-drive space: 55 GB
  • Processor (AMD): Ryzen 7 1700 or Equivalent
  • Processor (Intel): i7-6700K or Equivalent
  • Memory: 16 GB
  • Graphics card (AMD): RX Vega 56 or Equivalent
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): GTX 1070/GTX1660Ti or Equivalent
  • DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Hard-drive space: 55 GB
You’ll also want to make sure that you’re using the latest graphics drivers for the game. In addition to that, try disabling your anti-virus and try again.
If you’re an Nvidia user, you’ll want to open the “Nvidia control panel” and turn the “Manage 3D settings” for Jedi Fallen Order from “power management” to “prefer maximum performance”. Do the same for its “Texture filtering – Quality” option.

Mouse or keyboard not working

Some Discord users reported having trouble to move the mouse or have a restricted functionality when using the keyboard. To fix this issue, go to “App settings” > “Overlay” > “Enable in-game overlay” and toggle it off.
Origin overlay should work just fine, but in case you encounter issues, navigate as follows: head over to “Application settings” > “Origin in-game” > “Enable origin in-game” and toggle it off.

No Audio Fix

Players also complained about the missing dialogue sound/audio in the game. For some, the game has partial audio, and for others, it is missing entirely. This issue is mainly caused by misconfigured or corrupted dialogue audio files from the game directory. Here’s what you need to do to fix it:
Launch origin. Go to My game library and right-click on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Click on “Repair” and wait for the process to complete. Once done, launch the game and check to see if it fixes the issue.

Controller Not Working

Some players are unable to use their controller while playing Jedi Fallen Order. The fix for the controller not working is simple.
You’ll need to remove all USB devices from your PC except for the mouse, keyboard, your controller, or its wireless receiver. Restart your PC and run the game to see if the controller has started working properly.

Unable to activate Jedi Fallen Order Lightsaber

Some players reported an issue where they can’t activate their lightsaber. Others are experiencing problems where it shuts off during combat.
In this case, try installing new mouse drivers. If it doesn’t work, you may need to change “Windowed Fullscreen” to “Fullscreen.”

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

8 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/17 02:40:20 (permalink)
    I was wondering if we would see issues like this since they didn't have an early access. At least it looks like problems that likely can be patched to fix them and the game has gotten pretty good reviews. I think though that I personally will play Red Dead 2 and pick up the game in about a month when the issues are fixed.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/17 15:50:00 (permalink)
    I'm about 10 hours into the game with no issues at all with gameplay or with mouse/keyboard controls. My son is close to the end also with no issues using a controller.

Both on 9900k oc, I have 2080ti gpu and he has 1080ti on 441.20 drivers. The game is better than I thought it would be.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/17 16:16:58 (permalink)
    The fixes may help other players - thanks for the post

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ursatz
    • Total Posts : 36
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/17 17:34:25 (permalink)
    Acronis Active Protection will make the game very disappointing -- not unplayable, but what I'd describe as micro-stuttering.  Turning it off will make smiles.  After changing setting after setting and a clean driver install I was ready to give up.  This is the only game that AAP has caused issues with.  Hope this helps someone.

So far, I'm really enjoying this game.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/18 05:19:08 (permalink)
    Since it'll be a 1 play through & done game.. I will wait and see if they put it on the Origin access program for a  month. I should be able to complete it in that time frame with minimal costs $

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/19 05:08:57 (permalink)
    I looked last night and Jedi is on the Origin Premier service as of a few days ago.... so anyone can play/ beat the game for $14.99 / month along with any other game you want during that time...

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    cneuhauser
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1334
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/21 11:43:57 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    Since it'll be a 1 play through & done game.. I will wait and see if they put it on the Origin access program for a  month. I should be able to complete it in that time frame with minimal costs $

^^^This post

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
    ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
    i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
    GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
    2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
    Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
    Windows 10 Ultimate  
    EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
    Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
    Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
    B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
    cabbage
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2027
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Crash on Startup Fix, Low FPS, Controller Not Working, et 2019/11/21 13:28:58 (permalink)
    I haven't had any of these issues so far. game looks great. fun. with tombraider style gameplay.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile