Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/15 20:37:29 (permalink)
shadowboricua
Again, I am not complaining.... I always am and will be an EVGA fan (never own a different brand) because they are the best in costumer service and I think it is awesome that I have even the option to step-up to a 1080 Ti from a card I bought nearly a month and a half ago. But don't tell me that the message wasn't confusing. 

I will tell you in a heartbeat that it wasnt confusing. But instead of dragging it out here, I sent you a pm.
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/15 21:07:17 (permalink)
shadowboricua
Scarlet-Tech
shadowboricua
I just re-started my Step-up again (which I cancelled after I saw this "Special Message'). Very confusing to have a "special" message for Classified owners if there is no difference and I could have just kept my original step-up started on March 10th. A lot of conflicting messages, specially when they are reiterating that we won't be able to step-up to anything else but the FE. To tell you the truth, I don't care about the stock cooler vs iCX.... I just love having EVGA branding on the top of the card and wish the stock cooler did so too.

Wait.. you didn't read anythimg, and immediately cancelled the step up? Why would that ever make sense?

Wait, I don't think you understand. What do you mean I did not read anything? I read this:

"Dear EVGA GTX 1080 Classified owners:

Thank you for being a EVGA GTX 1080 Classified owner!  EVGA understands that you have been waiting for a ICX option and we are sorry this has not become available, but in order to support our classified owners we are offering a special 120 Day Step-up option, from the original purchase date, so that you may Step-up to the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti if you choose to.

If you do own a EVGA GTX 1080 Classified graphics card and wish to Step-up, then please contact our Support at 1-888-881-3842 Option 1 or by email at Support@evga.com with the registered serial number so that we can work with you to enable this option and enter you into the queue.

Once again thank you for your patience and for being an EVGA Customer."

So tell me why I would not be confused. This message showed up 5 mins after I had submitted my Step-Up on March 10th. Tell me, what difference does it make if I have a Classified or not then if there is no need to wait for anything else but the FE? Why even mention that EVGA understands Classified owners might be "waiting for an iCX option and we are sorry is not available...." but "we are offering a special 120 day Step-up option"?

Really, you are telling me that I don't make sense for cancelling after reading that? I find that insulting. Doesn't that sound, to anyone on their right mind, like there will be a special upgrade path for people with a Classified card to an iCX option so we will extended in case you want to wait for that? If not, what was the point of mentioning any of that whole iCX stuff? Of course, as time passed and dozens of others asked clarification (I guess I am not the only stupid one), I began to realize that there is not really anything special about being a Classified owner and getting 40 more days to decide about the FE unless you had a few days left on your step-up and benefit from having a few more days to find a computer and proceed with Step-Up.

Chris could just have said "Classified owners, we will offer to extend your Step-Up to 120 days from day of purchase so that you have extra time to decide if you want to step-up to the FE card". Not the whole thing about iCX option, etc, etc.

Again, I am not complaining.... I always am and will be an EVGA fan (never own a different brand) because they are the best in costumer service and I think it is awesome that I have even the option to step-up to a 1080 Ti from a card I bought nearly a month and a half ago. But don't tell me that the message wasn't confusing. 

I can tell you with 100% certainty it made no sense for you to cancel your step-up request after reading that.

shadowboricua
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 487
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/15 21:17:05 (permalink)
AngryAce
shadowboricua
Scarlet-Tech
shadowboricua
I just re-started my Step-up again (which I cancelled after I saw this "Special Message'). Very confusing to have a "special" message for Classified owners if there is no difference and I could have just kept my original step-up started on March 10th. A lot of conflicting messages, specially when they are reiterating that we won't be able to step-up to anything else but the FE. To tell you the truth, I don't care about the stock cooler vs iCX.... I just love having EVGA branding on the top of the card and wish the stock cooler did so too.

Wait.. you didn't read anythimg, and immediately cancelled the step up? Why would that ever make sense?

Wait, I don't think you understand. What do you mean I did not read anything? I read this:

"Dear EVGA GTX 1080 Classified owners:

Thank you for being a EVGA GTX 1080 Classified owner!  EVGA understands that you have been waiting for a ICX option and we are sorry this has not become available, but in order to support our classified owners we are offering a special 120 Day Step-up option, from the original purchase date, so that you may Step-up to the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti if you choose to.

If you do own a EVGA GTX 1080 Classified graphics card and wish to Step-up, then please contact our Support at 1-888-881-3842 Option 1 or by email at Support@evga.com with the registered serial number so that we can work with you to enable this option and enter you into the queue.

Once again thank you for your patience and for being an EVGA Customer."

So tell me why I would not be confused. This message showed up 5 mins after I had submitted my Step-Up on March 10th. Tell me, what difference does it make if I have a Classified or not then if there is no need to wait for anything else but the FE? Why even mention that EVGA understands Classified owners might be "waiting for an iCX option and we are sorry is not available...." but "we are offering a special 120 day Step-up option"?

Really, you are telling me that I don't make sense for cancelling after reading that? I find that insulting. Doesn't that sound, to anyone on their right mind, like there will be a special upgrade path for people with a Classified card to an iCX option so we will extended in case you want to wait for that? If not, what was the point of mentioning any of that whole iCX stuff? Of course, as time passed and dozens of others asked clarification (I guess I am not the only stupid one), I began to realize that there is not really anything special about being a Classified owner and getting 40 more days to decide about the FE unless you had a few days left on your step-up and benefit from having a few more days to find a computer and proceed with Step-Up.

Chris could just have said "Classified owners, we will offer to extend your Step-Up to 120 days from day of purchase so that you have extra time to decide if you want to step-up to the FE card". Not the whole thing about iCX option, etc, etc.

I can tell you with 100% certainty it made no sense for you to cancel your step-up request after reading that.

It made sense for me to cancel at the time, first, cause I was not desperate (had over 40 days to step-up), second... it was not crystal clear (if it was, there would not be 4 pages of clarifications and confused people)... third, who cares anyway... I will get it at some point so cancelling until it was furthered clarified did not really affect me. 

In addition, I did write an email to Chris to clarify if this meant other 1080 Ti versions would be available for step-up and he stated that he does not have that information but that if, I wish to, I could wait to see what other step-up options become available for Classified Owners. Implying that there is a possibility that other cards other than the FE might become available.

Anyway, good night guys. We all love gaming and EVGA. That is all that matters so let's be nice to each other.
post edited by shadowboricua - 2017/03/15 21:39:59

chachavga
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/16 01:20:21 (permalink)

Hello ... I remain dissatisfied with the proposal of step up has 120 days. The first buyers of GTX1080 Classified AC3 suffered the crisis full force and did not know the problem. However, they are the most penalized and do not benefit from the ICX evolution nor the 120-day Step Up. Why are not you able to realize that this is abnormal and unfair compared to those who bought another reference and those who bought a Classified after the problem is highlighted.  I insist that ALL the owners of Classified 1080 are treated the same way !!!!

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/16 02:41:23 (permalink)
chachavga

Hello ... I remain dissatisfied with the proposal of step up has 120 days. The first buyers of GTX1080 Classified AC3 suffered the crisis full force and did not know the problem. However, they are the most penalized and do not benefit from the ICX evolution nor the 120-day Step Up. Why are not you able to realize that this is abnormal and unfair compared to those who bought another reference and those who bought a Classified after the problem is highlighted.  I insist that ALL the owners of Classified 1080 are treated the same way !!!!

I sent you a pm yesterday, after you posted in the other thread. Please read it inmediately.
mutio86
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/16 05:04:37 (permalink)
Ok, so to clarify things:
1) There'll be NO ICX Classified version (thanks for the stay tuned note and to the EVGA technician in Germany who told me something else)
2) Early Classified buyers won't get anything

I bought my card in August, so way over 120 days ago. People that bought a cheaper version got the full ICX and new 90 day stepup treatment. Yeah I feel.. screwed over.. -_-

But hey, lesson learned: Don't buy a Classified card xP

And btw: I also had problems, Classified or not, my first card had to be replaced (completely unstable and fuzzing noise) and my current card isn't really that great temp wise too. So much for only FTW/SC owners having problems lol.
post edited by mutio86 - 2017/03/16 05:08:02
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/16 05:18:48 (permalink)
mutio86
1) There'll be NO ICX Classified version (thanks for the stay tuned note and to the EVGA technician in Germany who told me something else)

I bought my card in August, so way over 120 days ago. People that bought a cheaper version got the full ICX and new 90 day stepup treatment. Yeah I feel.. screwed over.. -_-

And btw: I also had problems, Classified or not, my first card had to be replaced (completely unstable and fuzzing noise) and my current card isn't really that great temp wise too. So much for only FTW/SC owners having problems lol.

The buzzing is likely coil whine and can occur on any card and any brand and the temps could be bad TIM application that can be fixed by you. The classified owners did not have the same troubles as the other cards where components were exploding. 

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about them not offering you the option to reset step up with 100 days. Sell your card and by a 1080ti FTW when it comes out. The classified when it launched was $750 now add $100 for the upgrade/reset and another $100 in shipping. You now have $950 in your card. Sell it for $500 and you will be at the same place after spending another $200 to upgrade. Everyone saying the FTW owners paid less than us isn't really true. $670+$200 = $870. 
GA-Thrawn
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/16 06:01:11 (permalink)
Trigun01
What about for those of us who purchased 1080 classified on release day, we are way beyond the step-up period for the 1080Ti FE, with no upgrade to icx 1080 classified version insight what options do we have.

Yes, i bought mine 1080 Classified on Release Date, and im out of this extended Release Time. What should i do ?
Why doing a Extented Step Up Time which excludes the die hard EVGA Fans and day one buyers ??
Why no extended Step Up Time from NOW ?

I hope EVGA helps me out here, but if not, this was my last card from EVGA sry im very pissed off now..
post edited by GA-Thrawn - 2017/03/16 06:41:44
chachavga
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/16 15:00:23 (permalink)
CAxVIPER
mutio86
O
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about them not offering you the option to reset step up with 100 days. Sell your card and by a 1080ti FTW when it comes out. The classified when it launched was $750 now add $100 for the upgrade/reset and another $100 in shipping. You now have $950 in your card. Sell it for $500 and you will be at the same place after spending another $200 to upgrade. Everyone saying the FTW owners paid less than us isn't really true. $670+$200 = $870. 

You forget to say that buyers of used VGA graphics card will prefer to buy a card with ICX and that therefore the occasional market value of a card with ACX3 radiator has dropped dramatically
LFaWolf
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1794
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 08:33:13 (permalink)
CAxVIPER
mutio86

The buzzing is likely coil whine and can occur on any card and any brand and the temps could be bad TIM application that can be fixed by you. The classified owners did not have the same troubles as the other cards where components were exploding. 

I am not a Classified owner and I have no skin in this. You won't be able to sell an ACX Classified for $500, as the FTW is going for $400 or less. The market right now is full of 1080 cards, and a lot are just sitting there not being sold. Also, how did you get the $200 to upgrade? The upgrade is only $99 plus tax for 2 states. 

Personally, I feel for both sides. EVGA has to take on quite a hit on these cards with the ACX issues, but Classified owners feel slighted as they paid a premium for the cards but were not included in the upgrade path to 1080 ti.

GA-Thrawn
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 09:04:54 (permalink)
Thanks to all the people who tried to help me here or via PM, but the EVGA Service helped me out :)
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 09:08:04 (permalink)
GA-Thrawn
Thanks to all the people who tried to help me here or via PM, but the EVGA Service helped me out :)

Good deal.  :-)
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 09:12:12 (permalink)
LFaWolf
CAxVIPER
mutio86

I am not a Classified owner and I have no skin in this. You won't be able to sell an ACX Classified for $500, as the FTW is going for $400 or less. The market right now is full of 1080 cards, and a lot are just sitting there not being sold. Also, how did you get the $200 to upgrade? The upgrade is only $99 plus tax for 2 states. 

Personally, I feel for both sides. EVGA has to take on quite a hit on these cards with the ACX issues, but Classified owners feel slighted as they paid a premium for the cards but were not included in the upgrade path to 1080 ti.

I just saw 3 classifieds on reddit yesterday sell for $500 within an hour so you can definitely get that. How I got $200, $100 ACX->ICX, $25 to ship your card to them, $25 to get it the new one, $25 to ship your ICX for stepup, $25 to get it back. You have $100 just in shipping cost. 
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 17:58:05 (permalink)
I'm not sure you're stuck paying the shipping.  I think they might be taking care of the shipping but not sure.  If anything its just $100 for the upgrade and $25 twice for shipping to them and getting a new card back, equaling to $50 for a total of $150 at the most.  

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 18:01:28 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
I'm not sure you're stuck paying the shipping.  I think they might be taking care of the shipping but not sure.  If anything its just $100 for the upgrade and $25 twice for shipping to them and getting a new card back, equaling to $50 for a total of $150 at the most.  

The 100 covered ground shipping of the iCX to you. So 75 in shipping altogether.

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/17 18:50:35 (permalink)
ipkha
GTXJackBauer

The 100 covered ground shipping of the iCX to you. So 75 in shipping altogether.

If $100 covered it along with the upgrade, what's the $75 for or you saying $100 for upgrade and $75 for shipping both ways?

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 03:49:36 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
ipkha
GTXJackBauer

If $100 covered it along with the upgrade, what's the $75 for or you saying $100 for upgrade and $75 for shipping both ways?

100 for the iCX upgrade 2hich includes shipping.
You pay shipping to return your ACX card.
Then for the stepup you pay shipping both ways and the price difference between cards. 20 for 1080 FTW owners or more for others.

forkinator
  • Total Posts : 90
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 11:38:24 (permalink)
Is anyone else in the queue? How long did it take for you to get your step up approved?

ASUS X99 Pro USB 3.1  
I7 5930k @ 4.5Ghz  1.22v
eVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE
Samsung 850 Evo (OS/Apps)
Samsung 850 Pro (Games)
WD Velociraptor  Raid 0 (Misc Data)
4x4GB 3000Mhz Corsair V @ 2666Mhz 15-14-15-34
Corsair AX 1200W
Fractal Design Define-R5
Acer Predator XB271HU 165Mhz 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 11:40:28 (permalink)
forkinator
Is anyone else in the queue? How long did it take for you to get your step up approved?

There is an entire thread dedicated to step up placement and time. Afterburner created the thread, and it has "1080ti FE step up" something or other. Follow that thread and you will get an idea.
shadowboricua
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 487
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 11:40:37 (permalink)
forkinator

I am in the queue; but I just requested the step up a few days ago.

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 15:13:20 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer

With the ICX you covered all shipping just like step up. $25 to ship your card to them, $25 for the ICX upgrade back to you, $25 for the ICX to evga, $25 for the 1080ti back to EVGA. At minimum you have $100 in shipping cost to and from EVGA. 
LFaWolf
FTW Member
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 15:44:57 (permalink)
CAxVIPER
GTXJackBauer

With the ICX you covered all shipping just like step up. $25 to ship your card to them, $25 for the ICX upgrade back to you, $25 for the ICX to evga, $25 for the 1080ti back to EVGA. At minimum you have $100 in shipping cost to and from EVGA. 

For iCX upgrade the return shipping is on EVGA. Taken from http://www.evga.com/icxupgrade/ Not sure about Step Up as I have not done that before.

"The iCX Upgrade Program costs $99.99 per iCX Upgrade, and includes an EVGA iCX Shirt and complimentary return shipping."

Zapper_Weisman
  • Total Posts : 61
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 16:02:39 (permalink)
I also feel just a little screwed by this, due mostly to the bad communication regarding the situation. I kept watching that "Stay Tuned!" message hoping something would appear on that page that applied to me; I have a 1080 Classified as well. To see this possibility sort of fizzle out with no update is irritating. I do not like how EVGA handled this. Yes, I applaud them for trying to make their users happy but we need better communication on these things in the future. And having waited this whole time just to find out that I missed your extra 120 Step-Up by only a week or two is just a kick in the butt on top of that. It has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just registering my feelings on this, that's all.

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 17:50:09 (permalink)
LFaWolf
CAxVIPER
GTXJackBauer

For iCX upgrade the return shipping is on EVGA. Taken from http://www.evga.com/icxupgrade/ Not sure about Step Up as I have not done that before.

"The iCX Upgrade Program costs $99.99 per iCX Upgrade, and includes an EVGA iCX Shirt and complimentary return shipping."

Ok so it is still $175. Not really that much difference between $175 and $200. 
LFaWolf
FTW Member
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/18 17:54:13 (permalink)
CAxVIPER
LFaWolf
CAxVIPER
GTXJackBauer

Ok so it is still $175. Not really that much difference between $175 and $200. 

It also depends on what shipping method and distance from EVGA office. I shipped (RMA) USPS regional and it is only $8 with $50 insurance. I upped it and it was only $11. It will come out to more like $150 to do iCX and then Step Up for me, if that becomes available.

warrior10
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1039
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/21 09:38:48 (permalink)
I want that Evga- iCX shirt Scarlet-Tech.

My new 
https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
warrior10
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1039
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/21 10:48:17 (permalink)
Zapper_Weisman
I also feel just a little screwed by this, due mostly to the bad communication regarding the situation. I kept watching that "Stay Tuned!" message hoping something would appear on that page that applied to me; I have a 1080 Classified as well. To see this possibility sort of fizzle out with no update is irritating. I do not like how EVGA handled this. Yes, I applaud them for trying to make their users happy but we need better communication on these things in the future. And having waited this whole time just to find out that I missed your extra 120 Step-Up by only a week or two is just a kick in the butt on top of that. It has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just registering my feelings on this, that's all.

No doubt the Communication could've been better, but fact is the Mods here are not told everything here either.
post edited by warrior10 - 2017/03/21 10:51:20

My new 
https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/24 17:14:10 (permalink)
This Cool....

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
c18san
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/24 18:26:40 (permalink)
So is this still available to do with the classified cards I have?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Special Message for GTX 1080 Classified Owners 2017/03/24 18:31:53 (permalink)
c18san
So is this still available to do with the classified cards I have?

When was your purchase date?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile